[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neon Genesis Evangelion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

Might be the worst ending I've seen.
>2deep4u
>>
There wasn't a single "2deep4u" moment in EVA. You're just a retard.
>>
I unironically liked the ending. Fite me fggt.
>>
>>161321555
So your how is going your traveling neofag.
>>
>>161321555
Which ending, the show or EoE? They're both quite good, but I find the show's ending to be the definitive ending, with EoE more so just a tack-on to lend coherency and appease the fans.
>>
>>161321555
And another gaggot who thinks "2deep4u" is and insult to a show. No, you stupid retard, it literally means you were to dumb to understand shit
>>
Unironically too deep for you, and it wasn't deep at all. Guess you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>161321632
>>161321855
>>161322543
Explain it, then. Even Evageeks can't - the amount of shitflinging in the talk pages when people can't come to a consensus on an interpretation just goes to show how deep Eva really is.
>>
>>161322909
Every single human being got integrated into one big pool of Tang. Those two episodes are Shinji coming to terms with himself as a human being and an individual, and thus deciding it's okay to be himself. This is shown in more literal terms in EoE.

Honestly, it's said outright in the final scene. Try not being a slobbering idiot.
>>
>>161321780
Patrician taste right here.
>>
>>161323059
You're just stating the obvious. You don't understand a thing yourself.
>>
File: 1503090358244-a.png (1MB, 887x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1503090358244-a.png
1MB, 887x1019px
I KNOW, I KNOW I'VE LET YOU DOWN
>>
>>161323613
Ask questions and you'll get answers, saying "lol just explain the entire movie and the TV ending" is just an easy way out.
>>
>>161323613
There's little more to understand, you goober. NGE is largely a character study, and the final two episodes are the culmination of Shinji's development. I could write a big essay on the details of that development, but the basis of it is him coming to terms with himself, something he very evidently could not do during the rest of the series.

You're making this more complicated than it really has to be. When fans of the series say that Eva isn't all that deep, we mean it. The religious symbolism and metascience are mostly to give an interesting backdrop for the characters.
>>
>>161323613
>Explain this apple
>It's red and grows from trees
>You're just stating the obvious
Not that poster, but what's obvious is literally what it is. There's nothing more to that ending.
>>
>>161323613
>You're just stating the obvious.
Because that's what happens you dumbass
>>
>>161322909
>Going on Evageeks to try to find an explanation of the series.

That's not exactly the best source. Evageeks is full of retards who overthink the series and try to push their own poorly thought out theories.
>>
File: aaaaaa.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaa.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
Intellectuals, please explain what caused this scene to happen. No, "he's obviously emotionally broken you retard"
>>
>>161323744
Here's a question: who nailed the cross up, and how did it get there from Misato's lifeless corpse?
>>161323808
>character study
What a goddamn buzzword. I'm sure your essay would amount of that of high school-tier analysis.
>When fans of the series say that Eva isn't all that deep, we mean it
>are mostly to give an interesting backdrop for the characters
I am also a "fan", and I say it's deep, or at the least has meaning beyond that of its blatant imagery and narrative. Just because Anno may not have had explicit intentions behind some of the symbolism doesn't exclude the role of the viewer in interpreting it. If you value anime as a medium and art in general, you can find value in Eva beyond ideals of cheap entertainment that its explicit narrative offers. You claim to "get it", but why should your understanding of the anime be the end all of discussion?
>>161323859
>Explain this apple
>It's red and grows from trees
Except you can write millions of pages of scientific literature on every detail of the apple from it's single atoms to its biology to the gravity that made it fall from the tree. Art is like that too, in a way: it can be deconstructed. If you take the imagery of the apple at face value, that's your problem, not anyone else's.
>>
>>161324535
misato's corpse isnt there
she got tanged
>>
>>161324374
Hormones
>>
>>161324535
>Here's a question: who nailed the cross up, and how did it get there from Misato's lifeless corpse?
Shinji did, Misato gave him the cross before she threw him into the elevator.
>>
>>161324374
Wasn't it something about him checking to make sure she's real and he's not just hallucinating
>>
The more I think about it the more convinced I am the rebuilds are a sequel
>>
>>161324535
>who nailed the cross up, and how did it get there from Misato's lifeless corpse?
Misato gave it to shinji when dying. Did you even watch the movie?
Shinji nailed it in during the time he spent alone as a memorial for his dead friend.
>>
>>161324374
Copypasting my interpretation from other thread. This scene is better explained by this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px7FFMOTtyM
If you dont know what it is, it is a cut song that was considered to play during either instrumentality instead of Komm Susser Tod or during a final credits at the end of the second half. While Komm is more about shinjis despair, this song is clearly about shinji and asuka relationship.

So lets start with the first chocking scene, the one that turned into the whole end of the world.
It happens in the early stages of instrumentality, Shinji and asuka's souls are meeting up in that imaginary setting. Shinji already "lost" Rei, Misato and Kaworu. He spent the entire pre-instrumentality part of the movie wanting asuka to help him.
She calls him out on his bullshit, hypocrisy and selfishness and rejects him. He, in turn snap, attack her (even if its a non-corporeal situation) just gives up. He tell Giant rei that he wishes that everyone was dead, and so it happen.

His epiphany happens, he realizes he fucked up, he leaves instrumentality, and eventually so does asuka.
That asuka that rejected him, that asuka that made him lose him will to live, that asuka that clearly HATES him.
So he goes finish what he started in instrumentality: kill her.
But for some reason, she shows him a little bit of kindness despite all shit that happened. He crashes and start crying. She isnt as bad as he convinced himself.
She then call him disgusting, which is, in all fairness, a valid accusation.

Why did she show that little bit of kindness is a good question i dont know how to answer. Instinct? Pity for him as she knows he is very similar to her? Confusing feelings about him? Maybe even in instrumentality people can be confused internally and change their mind? Who knows. What happens next is up to each personal interpretation and discussing it is meaningless.
>>
>>161324535
>>and how did it get there from Misato's lifeless corpse
>Dont pay any attention to the death of a fucking main character
>Think has any right to criticize anything about the work
If you actually paid attention to what you were watching instead of dozing off perhaps you wouldnt have so many doubts.
>>
>>161325426
>His epiphany happens, he realizes he fucked up, he leaves instrumentality
this is what pissed me off so much. he killed literally everyone and then pussyfooted out at the last second.
also, I have been thinking about this: since shinji came back from being tanged inside the eva in ep 20, could everyone else come back to the world after shinji stopped instrumentality?
>>
>>161326259
>could everyone else come back to the world after shinji stopped instrumentality?
You may want to rewatch the Rei-Shinji scene at the end of 26', lad.
>>
>>161326259
>could everyone else come back to the world after shinji stopped instrumentality?
It's explicitly stated that anyone can come back if they wish to.
>>
>>161326259
Yes, Yui (or rei, cant say because of the VA) tell him they can as long as they are able to visualize themselves as a individual. Thats why asuka came back. Not everyone will return, but humanity will endure.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.