[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly made Toriyama go with the roided ayy lmao look?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Jiren.png (56KB, 288x480px) Image search: [Google]
Jiren.png
56KB, 288x480px
What exactly made Toriyama go with the roided ayy lmao look? He might be the least creative antigonist design yet, to the point where speculating that there's another true villain looming is more legit than not
>>
I think the angels will definitely turn out to be evil, but toriama likes to do different stuff all the time. I hen was the last cannon buff ass villain? Tien?

I'd prefer this over seeing another tiny guy like kid buu, freiza, saiyan saga vegeta, etc.

Also I like that jiren looks like a typically Area 51 alien on roids, it's a simple design but newnto the show
>>
Toriyama didn't have enough RUBBER NEN in his head
>>
File: IMG_2890.png (4KB, 297x243px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2890.png
4KB, 297x243px
>>161313715
This is how bad it is. I hope he performs.
>>
>>161313893
>last cannon buff ass villain

Cell.
>>
Superman, he is based on Superman, and Superman is an alien, so a little bit of GAGS here and there and you end up with this guy.
>>
>>161313715
>justice
>villain
I know you like sucking Goku cock, but Goku is the villain here.
>>
>>161313715
Nappa
Recoome
Maybe Daboora
>>
>>161313715
What's wrong with a classic design?
>>
File: 1468906630288.jpg (58KB, 592x588px) Image search: [Google]
1468906630288.jpg
58KB, 592x588px
>>161313715
>He hoped for yet another "smoll > swoll" memery antagonist
I actually like that we have a strong buff dude for once.
>>
>>161315052
He's like a big wrestler with no charisma, better than the midgets but still boring as fuck
>>
Toriyama needs to be pushed to make good designs, for example DQ series and the original run of DB

Now that he has all the creative control without an editor, he makes this shit.
>>
>>161313715
Agreed, compared to Piccolo, Frieza, Cell and Majin Buu, this ayy looks completely bland and forgettable.
>>
>>161315713
Frieza's second and third forms are horrible, bland, and forgettable
>>
>>161315810
He stayed like that for like 2 episodes each so who the hell cares.
>>
>>161314649
>tfw Goku vs Jiren is supposed to mirror Screwattack's Goku vs Limitless Supes except this time Goku is the one with a Limit Breaking form

At last, I understand.
>>
>>161316018
ScrewAttack's Superman > Thought Robot
>>
>>161314618
I mean cell had some muscle but I wouldn't call him a buff as villain, he was probably as averagely muscular as the Z fighters
>>
>>161316082
Thought Robot is fucking metaphysical
better to use Superman 1,000,000 who is a literal omnipotent god
>>
>>161316100
yeah but he was TALL which is more important than being shredded
>>
>>161316082
>canon Superman is defeated multiple times in his own comics
>fanon Superman is invincible

Fanbases are autistic
>>
>>161316145
Superman One-Million is universal at best and featless at worst
Thought Robot is an omniversal threat, the concept of good defeating evil
Screwattack Superman is above both and beyond omnipotent
>>
>>161316189
>t. lanklet
>>
>>161313715
It looks good.
>>
>>161316336
sugoi, a friend who's good at power level discussions
good work actually doing the homework
>>
>>161313715
I dunno, I kinda like the simplicity of the design.

Really hope he doesn't have any additional forms.
>>
File: IMG_3569.jpg (139KB, 1024x379px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3569.jpg
139KB, 1024x379px
Whatever this form actually is, from the looks of things Toriyama (or Toyotaro) based this form on Huǒyǎn-jīnjīng (火眼金睛)/” "fiery-eyes golden-gaze" from Journey to the West (A form that Son Wukong uses, who was the basis for Goku's character)The Houyan Jinjing was a form that covered Wukongs eyes in stinging smoke, but allowed him to see every kind of evil, no matter how hidden.This is a HUGE connection to the poster that said "the work of the gods ends here!" because, as most people have already realised (including Goku according to the poster) the Grand Priest (or Zeno) is likely evil, and so is the whole Godly system. All they do is take away and destroy. If that isn't evil then Idk what is. Gohan already realised this, but Goku will likely realise this too, leading to this new form (which explains the poster)And remember, Wukongs eyes become shrouded in SMOKE(weed).What colour is Snoke?? gray. Just like Jiren the ayyy. The only thing that changes about Goku's appearance in this form? His smokey grey eyes.

Tl;dr:Goku's new form is based on Journey to the West, when the main character Sun Wukong can cover fill his eyes with smoke that allows him to see hidden evil.
>>
>>161318878
Fuck, what a selection of asses. 18, Videl, Bulma, bitch.
>>
Not sure. Something about justice or something.

One Anon posted the following
>I would be underwhelmed. Jiren sucks as a final threat. He doesn't do anything but display strength. There is no way to emotionally invest in a fight with him because no one is acting with any sense of weight in regards to saving their universe. It's just a strong guy for Goku and Gohan to be stronger than. Beerus could have suffered from this but he had more than enough personality to be entertaining. Every serious final opponent had something personal going for them.
>Tenshinhan is a battle to settle a rivalry between two schools of martial arts, and to save him from living a life as a paid thug purely out of spite
>Piccolo had Krillin murdered and personally killed Roshi
>Piccolo Jr wants to humiliate Goku and avenge his dad/himself
>Vegeta had Nappa kill four motherfuckers and was generally a narcissistic shit head you wanted to see taken down a peg
>Freeza killed Goku's whole race, killed Krillin, killed Vegeta whom we had grown to like at that point. Vegeta then passes the burden of avenging the Saiyans to Goku
>Cell slaughtered several cities worth of people and stopped the Androids' redemption. More importantly his fight represents the passing of the torch from Goku to Gohan
>Buu killed fucking everyone
>Zamasu killed best mom, stole Goku's life, and was going to eat the universe
Jiren could have been interesting as a heroic but antagonistic force just trying to survive. However it's Toppo and Dyspo who actually fit that description. Jiren is nothing but a dry toast tough guy who can't hide that he's just a middleman threat compared to the Grand Priest. Jiren don't give no fucks about Goku and Goku only wants to fight because he's strong. Saving the universe feels like an afterthought. Even if that was at the forefront of his mind, it still wouldn't ground things in any relatable way.

Is this accurate?
>>
>>161318993
>bitch
kek
>>
>>161313715
He's watch scary movie
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.