[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we discuss "Kino"'s character? A lot of /a/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4356.jpg (144KB, 335x473px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4356.jpg
144KB, 335x473px
Can we discuss "Kino"'s character? A lot of /a/ seems to like her despite the fact she's a hypocritical, self serving individual that makes claims in the name of justice that she can't back up. I would have liked her better if she remained stoic and operated from behind the scenes despite being a main character.
>>
>>161306635
I want to fuck Kino.
>>
>>161306768
Classic or new Kino?
>>
>>161308581
All the Kino.
>>
>>161306635
She is schizo, talking to her bike and shit
What the fuck did you expect?
>>
I want to fuck this cute boy (female).
>>
>>161308736
That's not what schizo implies
>>
>>161306635
I like Kinomod when Kino is around. Glad new season is here.
>>
File: Kino_no_Tabi_v14_254.jpg (398KB, 1300x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Kino_no_Tabi_v14_254.jpg
398KB, 1300x2000px
Comfy Kino is best Kino.
>>
>>161306635
I think I know what you're getting at. How in the earlier novels her character wasn't fleshed out on purpose. Though I would have more to complain with how she is invincible in combat, it eliminates all tension whenever she gets into a fight. She can't be beat, unless she is trying to murder two children and nature itself intervenes.
>>
>>161306635
It was better when we thought she was a guy and only focussed in the plot and adventures, now waifufags are ruining it.
>>
>>161306635
>her
Kino is genderfluid
>>
File: 1484157770000.jpg (543KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1484157770000.jpg
543KB, 1920x1200px
>>161306635
You could try to argue that a good deal of Kino's demeanor is a way of coping with her trauma. From a fairly young age, she's been through quite a bit, and since then has witnessed things from cannibalism up to war crimes and genocide. Everywhere Kino goes she makes a concerted effort to not become attached to anything, and the reason for that could be she either fears she would no longer want to leave, or she wishes to distance herself so she won't be hurt again if something bad happens. When she was almost captured by slavers, she refused to talk to Hermes after and simply left, similarly in the destruction of the friendly country she just got really quiet and wanted to get away.

Kino loves the world, and she's accepting of its ugliness and at times senseless cruelty. She doesn't shy away from it, she doesn't deny it, but it's clear she does not enjoy it. Unlike her master, Kino is pretty sparing when it comes to killing, and it's clear she prefers to avoid it. In fact, it's remarkable Kino turned out as kind as she is despite living with master for so long. Because despite the pain, and the way she was taught, and the things she's seen people be capable of, Kino refuses to become cruel. In a way, this explains how Kino so often seems consumed by contradictions. At times she's generous and helps people, at times she ignores them, at times she spares people when she would have normally killed them and vice-versa. This part of her is controlled by whims and moods perhaps she herself doesn't fully understand. An intrinsic desire to help people for its own sake, coupled with a need to be alone and independent. Kino fears losing that, above all else.

She's good humored, if very dry and sarcastic. She goes along with people and is appreciative if she gets to enjoy herself. All she asks of people is that she's treated with the same respect she offers back. She's amicable, understanding, but distant. Not sure if she wants to be always kind, or always cold.
>>
Kino is cute that's all that matters
>>
>>161309281

The SJW movement even got to Kino's Wikipedia page. In the past she was described as "a girl who refers to herself using the male pronoun." Now she's a "they" and "born a girl but no clear gender identity."
>>
File: 1478814218282.jpg (136KB, 572x800px) Image search: [Google]
1478814218282.jpg
136KB, 572x800px
>>161312328
Holy shit, you're right. It's a goddamn disgrace.
>>
>>161310534
You missed the implied purpose behind the OP post which amounts to Kinomod bitching.
>>
>>161313691
It's like pottery
>>
>>161313936
>typing out walls of text no one will read in a shitposting thread

It's more like retardation
>>
>>161306768
Incoming (User was banned for this post)
>>
>>161312328
wouldn't they not leave "born a girl" if that were the case

I'm willing to bet you made that shit yourself
>>
>>161314959
I meant the parallels in the OP between Kino and Kinomod.
>>
>>161315691
That's how you know it's a good shitpost.
>>
>>161310534
Hey I'm just watching Kino's Journey right now, and I enjoyed this explanation, it seems it lines up nicely with the impression I got from her.

yeah massive slowpoke whatever
>>
>>161306635
>hypocritical
How?

She remains completely detached from everything and doesn't get involved in any conflict she can't solve on her own.
>>
>>161309206
So never then?

It was obvious she was a girl from day one.
>>
>>161306635
>hypocritical

Just because she gets into situations where she has to compromise her morals doesn't mean she's a hypocrite, that's just being a realist.
>>
>>161317763
>>161318124
Maybe because it's not talking about Kino the character you ignoramuses
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.