[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Texhnolyze

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: zerochan texhnolyze ran.jpg (3MB, 2360x3495px) Image search: [Google]
zerochan texhnolyze ran.jpg
3MB, 2360x3495px
As of Episode 9, it's pretty interesting. Is minimalist dialogue Chiaki Konaka's thing? He does it here and in Lain, but I haven't seen any of his other works.
The good:
>Godlike OST
>Bleak without being edgy
>Violence is never glorified
>Interesting characters and setting
>Ran a cute
The bad (so far):
>Most side characters look the same.
>Lighting is so dark it's hard to see.
Any thoughts?
>>
>>161259237
>Is minimalist dialogue Chiaki Konaka's thing?
I'm not too sure, as he also seems to really like his characters getting quite verbose (this becomes more apparent in Texhnolyze's latter half with a certain character) and also in Ghost Hound. In fact you can see a few of its episode titles and characters make direct references to some of the concepts (Affordances, 'brain homunculi' among others) that Texhnolyze briefly touches on near its end, almost as if he didn't have time to fully explore them in Texh and chose to dive into them in his next show. I've always found it interesting how he treats psychology and neuroscience with a sort of strange arcane reverence.

>Lighting is so dark it's hard to see.
If you're aware of it, this is less of an issue in the R2J encode that was done quite recently by kuchikirukia, as it seems the North American/European release had its colour levels fucked with and resulted in some extremely dark shots, the first episode being the most egregious. It might be on nyaa and it's definitely on AB if you've got it.
>>
>>161259237
Can't really say much without spoiling a lot of it for you
>>
He doesn't do the minimalist dialogue enough to call it a trademark I don't think, more lie he's one of the only writers who consistently has scenes of letting the ambiance do the talking, at least in his original works. In Texhnolyze it just especially stands out because of the first episode and the director going balls-out on letting the visuals tell the story.The biggest compliment that I can give the show is that it was willing to risk telling its story without heaps of exposition and to have a cast composed of characters that could (and usually are) written off as 'unlikable' even though most of them end up being heroic in their own ways by the end.

Ran is cute despite her stoic misery. I wish she would have gotten some more screentime other than some of the lookalike Organo side-characters that you're about to become acquainted with, but I guess that would have taken away some of her mystery.

The last four episodes are a fucking experience so look forward to that.
>>
>>161259237
Why are you here, finish the goddamn show and come back before you get spoiled:
>>
pace is as slow as a river of molasses, no payoff at the ending. one huge snoozefest.
>>
>>161259708
>no payoff at the ending
Your retarded
>>
>>161259692
Will do.
>>
>>161259237
It gets worse. It turned from a 9/10 to 6/10 by the end. Oh and if you want to be even more disappointed watch Ghost Hound. Everyone was genuinely hyped because it was the return of the Lain guys, but it was absolutely shit. Still god tier OP, btw. And just like Texhnolyze here I think it had one of the best sound production, ever.
>>
>>161259848
Personally I thought the last 10 episodes were amazing aside from Yoshii jobbing. What did you dislike about them?
>>
>>161259708
Hey, sadness can be a kind of payoff!
>>
How can the director of this masterpiece and Shigurui go and make something as bad as Orange?
>>
>>161260646
I thought the first few episodes (Hamasaki's storyboard for ep 1 and Naomi Nakayama's ep 2 in particular) and the general first half were very strong but the production falling down a cliff really hurt it for me.

At the very least I can appreciate Hamasaki bringing some of his quirks and aesthetics (albeit given an infusion of colour) to a manga that didn't have a particularly distinct or remarkable look in the first place.
>>
>>161259848
Texhnolyze gets better. The last 4 episodes are god tier. Not sure what you're smoking. Went from an 8/10 to a 9/10 purely because of the last 4 eps.
>>
Could Onishii have haved humanity if he won?
>>
>>161261111
saved*
>>
>>161261111
Maybe if he'd known about what had happened aboveground earlier.
>>
>>161259848
The start and end of Texhnolyze are 10/10. Some of the episode in the middle drag a little bit once Ichise joins Organo and Yoshii dies but it's still damn good.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.