[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion on Endless Eight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: Suzumiya Haruhi endless eight!.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Suzumiya Haruhi endless eight!.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
>>
Someone posted the hitler video while it was airing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSg02Ll20s

Sums up my thoughts exactly. I mean in one way, it did make disappearance that much better. And you could say it helped you understand Yuki better by experiencing a fraction of what she did but... it was still aids.

They could have at least had them doing different things.
>>
One of the worst decision in the history of anime.
>>
File: IMG_0898.png (526KB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0898.png
526KB, 2208x1242px
>>161235802
This
>>
File: 0142.png (183KB, 278x637px) Image search: [Google]
0142.png
183KB, 278x637px
*Blocks time's path*
>>
File: IMG_0902.jpg (152KB, 1242x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0902.jpg
152KB, 1242x1242px
OK
>>
>>
Someone posted the hitler video while it was airing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSg02Ll20s [Embed]

Sums up my thoughts exactly. I mean in one way, it did make disappearance that much better. And you could say it helped you understand Yuki better by experiencing a fraction of what she did but... it was still aids.

They could have at least had them doing different things.
>>
>>161235609
I marathoned it and I enjoy it. Since the episodes (nearly) repeat themselves, it enhances the feeling of being stuck in a time loop.
>>
It was shit.

There was a video where someone explained something along the lines that they didn't have novels to adapt at that time, and the production for the movie was already in the making. So the had to "extend" what they had.
>>
it was fun
>>
dropped the show and never looked back
>>
EIGHT
FUCKING
WEEKS
>>
It was okay because I watched it while it was airing, so I had to go through it one time a week, but still >>161235802.
>>
Probably the most genius and artistic decision in all of anime. The amount of meaning and though put into these eight episode puts its creators so far above any other media creator, Japanse or otherwise, that it is almost comical. There have never been such an daring approach to cinematograph since it's conception and especially considering it's from an adaptation which itself did not dare to go that route. And it is because of this that "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009)" is elevated to perhaps the best most original piece of art ever created. I applaud Kyoto Animation for firmly cementing themself into the history of not just anime, but animation and film, and art, and perhaps if I maybe so bold world history in general.
>>
>>161235609
It really is filler, but the Disappearance made up for it.
>>
I didn't watch it while it was airing, I saw it once a few years ago, and rewatched it this summer. It was pretty good. The worst part was that slow explanation in the night, that wasn't present in the first episode, but it still serves a purpose.
You may ask if Endless Eight TRULY has more artistic merit than other anime, or if it's just the nature of the show that causes people to analyze it more while they are watching, but couldn't bringing deep thoughts about the media you watch to the masses be a value in itself? And it doesn't detract from the experience either.
I think it's a masterpiece. It's not the best executed thing ever, but it's such a deep and interesting thing that it really deserves to exist.

>>161236515
>>161236569
Please stop that copying of old posts and reposting them. Endless Eight deserves real discussion.
>>
>>161236937
More like Kadokawa sprung the idea of wanting a film on KyoAni last minute, therefore it was either E8 or anime original episodes.
>>
>>161235609
the same as yesterday and the day before and the day before the day before
>>
>>161235609
so should I watch chronological order or airing order?
>>
Would have been ok if it was only 2 episodes. Maybe even 3.
>>
>>161235609

It was a waste of animation, considering there are still stories and whole novels unanimated, and that now may never be animated, since Tanigawa will never finish this seriously unless someone locks him up Misery-style, though I myself may do that one day so there is some hope.
>>
>>161237861
You don't really deserve a reply, because everyone should know that you should always watch in release order. This applies to every media ever. Haruhi is no exception.
>>
>>161237717
>More like Kadokawa sprung the idea of wanting a film on KyoAni last minute, therefore it was either E8 or anime original episodes.
This doesn't explain why each episode was re-animated and re-voiced.
>>
I watched 5 or 6 of them, thinking next time it it'll finish.
>>
>>161238001
Yes it does? They just stretched out an arc from the novel that could've lasted 3 episodes at most.
>>
>>161237861
airing order is way better
>>
Why are people requesting haruhi season 3 when season 2 is still on going?
>>
>>161236937
By the time the first season came out all currently adapted material was already published. By the time the 2nd season came out there was already 1.5 seasons of material more than what we have now.
The reason it happened was because last second Kadokawa wanted to make Disappearance a movie, but Disappearance was already 7 episode slots in the season. They had to fill it with something.
>>
>>161237861
Chronological order.
Watching Mikuru adventures first is beyond retarded.

Also, Endless Eight is a masterpiece.
>>
>>161237966
I asked because I think the release I downloaded has chronological order
>>
File: 1480890033905.png (115KB, 224x309px) Image search: [Google]
1480890033905.png
115KB, 224x309px
>>161235761
>My fuhrer, think of Yuki in a school swimsuit!
>>
File: 0865102c9564cedd00fa2c9d699649c9.jpg (113KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
0865102c9564cedd00fa2c9d699649c9.jpg
113KB, 1200x800px
>>161235609
Unconventionally, I actually liked it and thought it was clever. Like one of the those spot the difference images.
>>
>>161237717
>>161238113
And that made it all worth it.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.