[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate evangelion. But how did eva change the industry, i already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1439832137782.png (399KB, 756x756px) Image search: [Google]
1439832137782.png
399KB, 756x756px
I hate evangelion.
But how did eva change the industry, i already watched digibros video, i want more shit like that.

Are there any texts i can read so i can believe that?
>>
>>161196108

Mainly that it was an original series that wasn't based of a manga that was a huge success.
Which led to other companies making original series before the light novel nation attacked.
>>
Kill yourself.
>>
>>161196195
But has anyone that sailed on the eva sucess ever said that?
and the light novel nation came from haruhi?
>>
>>161196230
Literaly every anime is sailing on evangelion's success
>>
>>161196108
Advertising is against the rules.
>>
>>161196296
oy vey
>>161196267
but how do i make people believe in that.
>>
>>161196230
It opened doors for other studios, wether everyone involved realized it or not.
>>
>>161196338

Seeing is believing, make them watch every anime after 1994.
>>
>>161196108
>anime youtuber
>e-celeb shit
>reddit spacing retard
Fuck off.
>>
Anyone with that image showing how eva and madoka still sell a fuckton?
>>
>>161196338
>oy vey
Kill yourself.
>>
>>161196108
Two main things: No one before Eva really thought anime could be a medium for CHARACTER BASED stories.
Sure, many had tried already, but so far the only animes that were successful werent character based stories. I mean, i think everyone must have heard the tale that the executives forced the first season of GUNDAM to follow a "monster of the week" format and pander to children and to sell toys, and little character development was left.
The second: Back them, most successful animation was done in the OVA format, and TV episode were left for the simpler shows to sell toys for kids.

Eva was the first to make it big while breaking those two standards, redefining the industry
>>
>>161197101
>to follow a "monster of the week" format
Pretty much how eva did
The format isnt everything, eca's format was common
It was the delivery that made everyone bonkers
>>
>>161196230
There's the Laputa list made in 2003 I think in which animators, directors and scholars listed some their favorite and most influential anime. Eva was one of the few anime tv shows in general and I believe the only one from the 90s.

You can also look up some of the sources provided in this section of the wiki article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion#Influence_and_legacy

You can also just take a look at what kind of anime tv seires were being produced before it.
>>
>>161196108
More original tv anime. More adult-oriented tv anime and seinen adaptations (Bebop, Trigun, Berserk, Now and Then). More experimental shows and in general a big trend for the surreal/mind-fuck/psychological shows in the few years after it (Lain, Utena, Big O). Eva was also the last straw for Gainax, so it would have gon bankrupt and I we would never get their later shows or Khara and Trigger as a result.

I of course mentioned the most known ones but then there are lots of the shows that most people have forgot by know and there was a clear influence: Gasaraki, Neo Ranga or Betterman.

This also in general lead to the blow up of tv anime and its versification. This is one of the main differences between Eva and Gundam, since the later mainly had an influence on other mecha anime.

So in general if you like any post-95 anime that happen to be a tv show and aren't shounen/shoujo/kids series then there's a big chance it exists thanks to Eva in some wa
>>
>>161197101
>The second: Back them, most successful animation was done in the OVA format, and TV episode were left for the simpler shows to sell toys for kids.
>Eva was the first to make it big while breaking those two standards, redefining the industry

That's bullshit. Macross set the standard for this and that was over a decade earlier.
You had an explosion of high budget anime right afterwards, like MSG Zeta.

You're getting your facts from people who are the literal embodiment of "There was no anime before Evangelion." Don't do it. For our as well as your own sake.
>>
>>161196204
Rude
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.