[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a benefit to anime cable networks like Toonami?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Toonami_M.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Toonami_M.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
Is there a benefit to anime cable networks like Toonami?
>>
No.
>>
Get the children into anime at a young age, thereby ruining their lives and completing the long-running far Eastern plan for revenge after the West's atrocities.
>>
>>161164249
It can be fun to shitpost about anime as it airs instead of the steady trickle of posts you get on /a/ as people wait for subs, torrent and watch all asynchronously
>>
>>161164249
Watching live TV with others is comfy.
>>
>>161164249
>anime cable networks like Toonami
What? Toonami is a block of shows on Cartoon Network, it's not a network in and of itself. And while CN shows anime, it is not an anime network.

But besides that, the only benefit would be to people who can't afford decent internet, but can somehow still afford cable TV, so probably not a huge niche. (After all, if someone has a choice, why would they choose to pay to watch commercial-filled TV when they can download shows for free without commercials?)
>>
>>161168532
because the average person doesn't know how to download shows
>>
>>161168792
Bad choice of words on my part, sorry. I should've specified anime instead of just saying "shows." Anime is a little easier to find and download than other TV shows. Also, someone interested in anime would be more likely to know how to download than an "average" person.
>>
it helps fund simulcasts and companies to bring stuff out in the west faster and more efficiently, then in rare but still exsistent cases like bandai/sunrise, for example, makes alot of money with gundam being a worldwide release for pretty much all their stuff which is why they put such an emphasis on simul release dubs or even getting things like IBO onto toonami which the producer of gundam at otakon was saying was a big deal when they showed the 2nd season trailer for the dub (then proceeded to waste everyone's time with an hour of talking about the seed redub)
>>
>>161164249
I usually give shows a chance when I watch them on Toonami that I otherwise never would have watched because I had no interest in them prior, like Samurai Champloo, GitS: SAC, and Outlaw Star.
>>
>>161164249
All the underage faggots tell me that Rick & Morty is an anime.
>>
Back when kids without unsupervised internet access were the majority of viewers, yes.

Not so much anymore.
>>
File: Cowboybebop.png (32KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Cowboybebop.png
32KB, 1024x768px
>>161164249
Toonami was great, what happened?
>>
How's it doing actually? I would be sad to see it go again even though I never watch. It's not like I have a nielson box anyway.
>>
>>161164249
Maybe for tards who still need a t.v. subscription to watch shows.
t.v. is a dead end and only old people who cannot into computer or streaming service use it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.