[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2 deep for me. Wasn't this a WW2 allegory? Is it just gundam-like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: dragon dentist.jpg (444KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dragon dentist.jpg
444KB, 1920x1080px
2 deep for me. Wasn't this a WW2 allegory? Is it just gundam-like "war is bad, mkay"? What are teeth? What is the dragon? I need some explanation.
>>
>>161156765
Also, that ending was shit. And it had such promising start.
>>
A dragon is a dragon.
Teeth are teeth.
What's not to get?
>>
>>161159904
But it's too boring. What's the point then? Stories are always told to convey some sort of idea, not just to tell a story.
>>
>>161160009
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>161160009
Wrong.
Go watch propaganda videos if you want an agenda.
>>
>>161160009
>stories are not just to tell a story.
>>
>>161160659
>>161160154
Even fairy tales for kids have a theme, a meaning, morale. Good work of fiction is not only a good story, but also an idea, conveyed through the story to the reader/viewer. And there are some works with no meaning, just story. But 100% of those are shit. I watched the dark tower couple of days ago and it was terrible, they didn't even try.
But here I can see that they at least tried to say something with this thing, I just don't understand what, what they meant is completely lost to me.
>>
>>161161957
That's actually a common misconception. Not all fairy tales had a point, and a lot of the points that classic fairy tales have are actually morales added by later readers who assumed they were correct.

And yes I know I'm responding to bait.
>>
>>161161957
>But 100% of those are shit.
You are 100% wrong.
>>
>>161162153
Name a few.
>>
>>161162210
Nearly every action show and comedy. Those don't need to have a message as long as they give you excitement or make you laugh.
>>
>>161161957
>I watched this Hollywood adaptation of Stephen's King's series that is 8 books long and transpires mixing various things from his multiverse, and it wasn't good (what a surprise), so that proves my point
Is your point that you're an idiot?
>>
>>161162512
>comedy
Ok, maybe you have a point there. There's a lot of very different kinds of comedies though. Not always something that calls itself a comedy can be even remotely interesting or entertaining.
And I can appreciate an good empty action, but only if it's done well or visually interesting. They're not shit, but rather "not worth discussing". And not empty action is not empty, it does have a message, even if it's shallow or simplistic. Not even a message, just a theme.
What's the theme of dragon dentist? I can't tell, it's all over the place.
>>
>>161163126
The theme is dragon dentistry.
>>
File: 1306017568908.jpg (28KB, 185x269px) Image search: [Google]
1306017568908.jpg
28KB, 185x269px
>>161160009
How did you watch something so thematically blunt and still miss the point?
>>
>>161163145
"But what does it meeeean?" They talk all the time about the dead, souls, reincarnation, duty, war. The teeth, the dentists, the bugs, the dragon. They're all a metaphors for something, they must be.
>>161163224
Please, tell me. If it's that simple, I'll just accept it and move on.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.