[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I be a conversationalist like the people of this show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6

File: Shinobu_dance.webm (327KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Shinobu_dance.webm
327KB, 500x500px
How do I be a conversationalist like the people of this show? They always say interesting things.
>>
You just think before you say anything, and always aim to make the comments tad more witty or specially worded out.
>>
Read actual literature instead of asian comics.
>>
File: 094.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
094.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>161156770
>>
>>161156770
And actually think about what you will say before opening your mouth. It's actually hard to talk as if you were written in a best-seller book.
>>
>>161156718
Be knowledgeable and have a big vocabulary
>>
>>161156718
Actually you get kind of used to it and don't really have to think about it after a few years.
I started to speak in a more formal and roundabout way in middle school and I couldn't stop anymore.
Puns etc. just come automatically with a big vocabulary and a somewhat quick mind.
>>
>>161156947
I've met people like you and it comes across as incredibly autistic.
>>
>>161156811
He's right though
>>
>>161157662
He is not. Reading increase your inner vocabulary (the words you know) but you need practice to increase your external vocabulary (the words you use during your talking). The difference would be more clear if you were ESL pleb like me, but that difference is also the reason it is so much easier to write beautifully than speaking that way.
>>
>>161156718
You need a perfect partner to have a conversation with. Monogatari is a light novel series, a book. Every character in it is perfect, because it's the author who's writing the characters.

Please don't try to mimic an anime.
>>
>>161156718
Have your dialogue written by Nisioisin.
>>
>>161158002
>inner vocabulary
?????
Wouldn't my inner vocab be the same as my outer vocab????
Wtf do you mean inner vocabulary???
What do you mean by this???
>>
>>161158366
You know a lot more words than you use.
By inner vocabulary he means the words that you know, by outer or external he means the words that you us when talking to someone, or possibly writing something.
The amount of words you can recall during a conversation is less than the amount you can recognize while reading a book.

The proper terms are passive and active vocabulary.
https://eastasiastudent.net/study/active-passive-vocabulary/
>>
>>161158716
Why would you not use all of the vocabulary you know. Why did you learn it then?
>>
>>161158857
Because unless you specifically train that ability, it isn't something that will happen naturally.
It's the same with you as well anon. You know far more words than you can recall easily, and far far more than you use normally.
>>
>>161159024
I know them because i use them i wouldnt waste my time learning new words and not using them.
Why would anyome do that?
>>
>>161159398
Being able to understand words without using them is important. Knowing what magnanimous means is useful even if I have never spoken it. Besides most people don't go out of their way to simply learn new vocabulary. It rarely sticks like that. It normally comes naturally through reading or listening. You're acting like you've never been through elementary school.
>>
>>161159644
Alright my final question here how has knowing that word that you use very rarely help you?
>>
>>161156718
Their conversations were written in a light novel and the voice actors just read off of it making it sound like an actual conversation.

Like one of the posters said earlier, you can't have a conversation like NisioisiNs writing unless you and the person you're talking to have a large recallable pool of vocabulary, rhymes and jokes and can be as witty in an instant as a page from a bestseller novel.
>>
>>161159823
So that when you read it or hear someone speak it you know what it means. Are you baiting or something?
>>
>>161160071
No like im genuinely curious to me it's always felt like words we don't use are just redundant especially since i know that will be the last i use that word and just forget about it like all the other words
>>
>>161159823
Probably hasn't technically helped me, considering how easy it is to search up a word and find definitions these days. But the experiences I've gained from the source of my word knowledge has subconsciously shaped my thinking skills. The way listening to people and reading different writing styles can affect readers and listeners and incalculable ways probably makes it worth it. Like if you've ever been around somebody and you catch yourself picking up their mannerisms. Clear writing is clear thinking. The word magnimous has likely never gotten me an A+ on a high school paper or gotten me a hot girls number, but what I've learned subconsciously in my efforts to comprehend and interpret other people's words and ideas throughout my past may have helped me.
>>
>>161156718
You can't, not without years of real life experience.
>>
It's actually pretty easy. You just need to grow an ahoge and change your name into something that people will mispronounce often
>>
>>161156718
Listen and inquire when you don't know, contribute and clarify when you do.

Be as descriptive as possible without becoming pedantic or relying on words outside of your standard vernacular.

It'll come naturally.
>>
>>161161848

Alternatively the ahoge shiggy diggy mentioned here >>161161426 should work fine too.
>>
>>161156718
Start srudying kanji
>>
>>161156718
>>161161848
This and look into the FORD method to build ramparts with people.
>>
>>161156718
go to uni

after 5 years of uni, having written 100+ papers half of which you had to report infront of an audience you easily get used to speaking in eloquent, interesting manner
>>
>>161156718
That kind of behavior only works in fiction.
I've met plenty of histrionic people like that IRL, and they are unbearable.
>>
>>161162101
>uni
University standards for writing are at an all time low, unless you have the money to afford enrolling in the top 10.
>>
>>161162101
Depends on the type of papers you need to present. It's actually pretty hard to get rid of.
>>
>>161156718
The problem here is that none of the dialogue flows. It's often times needlessly repeated and expanded upon fully for no real reason other than to talk.
>>
>>161162262
>University standards for writing are at an all time low

Clapper education ladies and gentlemen. This is what you get when standards are defined by money, to trap young people into student loans.

What public education provides is healthy requirement of competition between ambitious youth to rank higher than others on entrance exams. Standards in european Universities(and not even big ones like Vienna or Cracov; literally any boondock university) are high as fuck because you enter based on your highschool achievements and/or entrance exams. Plus you STAY in the university by KEEPING up - either you do or you fuck off.
>>
>>161156718
just tilt your neck the way they do
>>
>>161159823
Stop dithering you pedantic rantipole.
>>
File: 1493581451517.jpg (2MB, 1968x2623px) Image search: [Google]
1493581451517.jpg
2MB, 1968x2623px
Is not the content per se, but the delivery
>Make sure that your language sounds good and not like shit (like Vietnamese or Thai)
>Know your language very well, know all sentence structures possible and try to emulate classic literature in some aspects but not all
>Think before talking
>Try to construct sentences that turn a simple statement into a simple logic riddle
>Somehow manage to appear speaking in a casual manner
>Don't over do it
>Be prepared to be called an autist

For this you will need to read a lot, your room must look like Suruga's
>>
>>161162441
This is fucking retarded by the way. I just finished my Bachelor and I can't get into my Master programm because of the limited number of Master applications. My Bachelor isn't even bad but I can't stay in university. Not that I mind since university was pretty shit but it just filters the normal people out and you are left with people who study an absurd amount of hours to memory every little detail the professor said just to forget it afterwards. They don't know everything, they just know what they know but still. Really makes you think
>>
>>161159889
>unless you and the person you're talking to have a large recallable pool of vocabulary, rhymes and jokes and can be as witty in an instant as a page from a bestseller novel.
Increase my killing power ey? I'll do it!
>>
>>161162573
I hate people who talk like this. Why not just speak in a concise and direct way ? So much easy to get the point across.
>>
>>161160282
You're the least genuine person I've ever met.
>>
>>161162640
>They don't know everything, they just know what they know but still.

Now I can't help but read "This is fucking retarded by the way." in Hanekawa's voice.
>>
>>161162765
Hiroshimoot needs to implement a new word filter
>>
>>161162640
>I solve word problems in real time.
Why do you want to continue in a program you can't handle? Do something rewarding or at least profitable with your time.
>>
>>161162573
>>Be prepared to be called an autist
pretty much this
>>
>>161162827
%s/honestly.$/desuyo/g
>>
>>161162640
>They don't know everything, they just know what they know but still.

You're forgetting than Masters and Doctorate are supposed to be titles implying high specialization in specific field. In other words yes - not knowing everything but knowing "what you know".

It's crystal clear to me you're obviously content with forfeiting further education with Bachelor degree - so I'll ask you this: why would you complain about not getting a spot in Masters curriculum if you so obviously don't care. It's doing exactly what it's supposed to do - filter people who care, from those who don't.
>>
>>161162858
I will. I am simply gonna apply for the job I wanted to do after I finish my master and I am not sad that I am quitting university but still.
The people who graduate university are supposed to be the mental elite of my country and all I see are retards who memorise 1000s of pages they will forget within in the next few weeks.
STEM fags are ok though
>>
>>161162693
The same reason people don't optimize their PNGs before uploading them. Being concise takes too long.
>>
>>161162573
Suruga mostly reads BL stories though.
>>
>>161162262
In the USA, maybe. Here in Brazil, the process of being admitted in a government-sponsored university (which are the best ones in the country and totally free) is hard as fuck. That shit involves a test called ENEM (in this year, there will be 6.1 million of people doing this thing) and a healthy dose of luck.
>>
>>161162901
My problem is that a Bachelor's degree is absolutely worthless in my country. The only exception happens to be the job I was aiming for to begin with. Our educational system entices people with a good highschool degree to enroll in university just to get BTFO'd 3 years later. And basically half of all students get the middle finger and all thanks to the European Union.
>>
>>161162573
>colorful bookmarks sticking out like some fucking hedgehog

I wholeheartedly DESPISE people who do that. More than the people who underline every second sentence in textbooks with highlighters.
>>
File: how.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
how.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
>>161162447
Telling people to kill themselves is rude, Anon.
>>
>>161162929
It's easier to be concise than cryptic.
>>
>>161162991
>people who underline every second sentence in textbooks with highlighters

I know someone who underlines an entire fucking page and I just wondered why
>>
>>161162906
>mental elite
If they had to try really hard to graduate, they are not that. If they actually did try really hard, they are fools to boot.
>>
>>161162973
You can always heed Clappers example and enroll on paid, extramural curriculum. Those always have free spots, and all Universities are more than happy to rip you of your shekels i exchange for a degree.
>>
>>161162640
Just go overseas for your master. In europe you can do your master wherever you want to
>>
>>161163027
Not in English.
>>
>>161163102
But they have a Master's degree
>>161163104
I just wanna work already and not waste the last shekels I have left
>>161163110
I dunno. Many German universites are just turning my down right away because my Bachelor is somewhat different than theirs. Pretty sad when you think about it.
>>
>>161163163
Using that kind of degree to get a job is like using a fake id to get into a sex club. Using it to get a higher degree isn't possible. I guess it might help you sell books to retards, but then you gotta write a book.
>>
>>161162441
The problem is that the government is just handing out student loans like candy, so universities can jack up tuition without actually improving (or, even worse, actually decreasing, because of all the bullshit pay administrators and "diversity" officers get) the quality of the education students receive.
>>
>>161163155

You were pretty concise there, though
>>
>>161163559
Or was he?
>>
The thing is even if you do manage to master vocabulary like they do in the show it'll only work when someone else is on the same level as you otherwise it would come off either intimidating or down right weird
>>
>>161161426
Grow an ahegao you mean.
>>
File: 1497569855622.jpg (23KB, 315x320px) Image search: [Google]
1497569855622.jpg
23KB, 315x320px
>>161167377
>>
File: 979839794818484999.gif (353KB, 202x341px) Image search: [Google]
979839794818484999.gif
353KB, 202x341px
>>161156718
Aside from fedorafags, people don't talk like pretentious cunts in real life.
>>
>>161156718
You don't. It's not "people speaking," it's the author writing out stuff that he had lots of time to think about beforehand.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.