[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is BlazBlue Variable Heart not being translated anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 32

File: 1473825583898.jpg (314KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1473825583898.jpg
314KB, 847x1200px
Is BlazBlue Variable Heart not being translated anymore?
>>
>>161140960
on the other forum o think the trannies wait for the complete vols.
>>
>>161140960
Surely MaiOlev you love your waifu enough to commission a trans?
>>
>>161141366
What?!
>>
>>161142084
MaiOlev is the resident Mai-fag and lover of all things genderbent. Not sure if they still come here but they don't trip if they do.
>>
>>161140960
I can't believe how good Mai's life is.

Not only was he turned into a girl which is every anon's dream but he is like a 8 or 9/10 in terms of appearance, is rich, can use magic, and gets multiple 10/10 friends from his school days that most people don't have, the kind that would help him bury a dead body. He's got a bright future ahead of him too since he was great in terms of studies.

So fucking jealous.
>>
>>161140960
why arent there any doujins where Tsubaki or someone teaches Mai how to masturbate
>>
I like this series but mais mom being a blatant copy with 1 aohoge instead of mais 2 is a cop out.

She should at least have bigger araaras raising a child and all.
>>
I just want more Mida Love
>>
>>161140960
I want to see more of MaiMom
>>
>>161140960
Unfortunately not at the moment. That's the fate of most manga unfortunately.
>>
File: 24.png (1MB, 1114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
24.png
1MB, 1114x1600px
>>161146425
Rin has a bigger ass than Mai.
>>
>>161144153
Nice passive-aggressive bitching.

Practically all anime girls are attractive so complaining about that with Mai is pretty stupid. And most people can use that type of magic in the Blazblue setting. Mai is capable but isn't particularly powerful compared to other characters and almost the entire Blazblue cast is special in some way.
>>
>>161142084

He means a translation, I'm surprised the lad hasn't done it.
>>
Nice Mai image from C92:

https://exhentai.org/s/0cb6139220/1101160-3
>>
>>161150496
still pretty much anon's dream life
>>
File: img000025.png (2MB, 1120x1600px) Image search: [Google]
img000025.png
2MB, 1120x1600px
>>161150841
Mai has to frequently fight for her survival, so I doubt that.
>>
>>161151087
so do anons
>>
>>161151087
perhaps the same could be said of all anons
>>
What would you do if your daughter dreased like this?
>>
>>161150427
Rin is that girl that looks like Mai, right?
>>
>>161150841
I'd rather stare into the void, comprehend things that should not be comprehended, go insane, and become a sentient pile of sludge and insects long before I ever considered sacrificing my dick to be generic waif #343829 and forced to live out my life in your standard magical university plot.
>>
File: 02.png (1MB, 1114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
02.png
1MB, 1114x1600px
>>161154441
Yes. Rin is Mai's mother.
>>
>>161155603
Mai isn't a "generic waifu". She's the protagonist of her stories and they center on her bacstory, her personal goals and issues and her character arc. She's not there to swoon over a male protagonist.

Also, only her first manga takes place at the military academy. And what's a "standard magical university plot" anyway?
>>
Hi MaiOlev what happened to the trip?
>>
File: 1499127258365.jpg (138KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499127258365.jpg
138KB, 500x500px
>>161156699
>Mai isn't a "generic waifu"
Don't kid yourself. His design is completely generic. Pretty much the entire BB roster has derivative designs it's just how that works.

>She's not there to swoon over a male protagonist
Never said he does, waifu's can exist outside the need to swoon over guys (although Mai is in fact swooning over a guy)

>only her first manga takes place at the military academy
Did that disprove something? I'd still have to live out his life in a shitty magical university story.

>d what's a "standard magical university plot" anyway?
>MC goes to miilitary academy
>There is something about them that makes them unique or adept at the trade
>they have to hide their power level a bit
>Mystery plot ensues
>conspiracy that involves the principal/head teacher
>rinse and repeat.
>>
I'm so glad this tranny cunt didn't make into EVO top 8.
>>
File: art_main_35ma.png (1MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
art_main_35ma.png
1MB, 2048x2048px
>>161157056
Mai's outfit is pretty unique. And if your complaint is that there are some other characters with e.g. long ponytails, then pretty much every character is generic since all design traits can be found in some previous character.

Mai developing feelings for a guy is there to advance her character arc rather than defining her like it does a lot of female characters. Your definition of waifu seems really broad too. Care to provide it?

Mai's first series focuses on her learning to open herself to others after being isolated as a child and her gaining a sense of self-worth that she previously lacked due to failing to meet her father's impossible standards. And much of the manga consists of the girls going out to search for grimoires. What you describe only partly fits one of that manga's story arc.
>>
>>161158025
>Mai's outfit is pretty unique
Her outfit is so generic it can be searched for by tag on Danbooru and has a TvTropes page associated with it. It's a backless outfit with exposed midriff nothing unique especially in a series populated by improbably combat attire (Seriously Noel, those elbow tassles are not cute people can grab those). Hell she would be more unique if she actually wore a complete outfit.

>Your definition of waifu seems really broad too
I used the term Waif as in "an extremely thin and usually young woman". Somehow you are unfamiliar that this term is not the same as Waifu. Waif fits Mai to a T. But he's also generic waifu material as in "Female character I like and/or obsess about" it's not a complicated term.

>Mai developing feelings for a guy is there to advance her character arc rather than defining her like it does a lot of female characters.
She still swoons anon. You're not contradicting me by saying "MUH LORE". Nobody said she only does that except you. You're so defensive over this character you're dragging in points from other people not even in this thread.

>What you describe only partly fits one of that manga's story arc.
You asked me to define what a standard magical university plot was I did. Doesn't matter if it's only 1/3 of her story arc it's still there and it's still trash.
>>
>>161155830
Oyakodon?
>>
>>161159154
Yes please.
>>
>>161158585
>Arguing with Maifag
You're not going to win. This is going to continue until the Maibot reaches the point of breaking down your complaints to the most basic form where it will be impossible to objectively converse on the subject. There's literally no point in trying to convince him otherwise, he fucking worships her like some infallible being where everything she does makes perfect sense and should be excused.
>>
>>161158585
If you think that anything that can be described using danbooru tags is generic then congrats on broadening the definition of that word to include everything. And most BB outfits are pretty unusual. Saying that this somehow makes her outfit generic is absurd.

A waif is a homeless child. Calling Mai that makes no sense.

Your description doesn't even fit with the manga either. There is no conspiracy in Remix Heart like the one you described, nor is there some sort of mystery plot. Mai isn't especially gifted either and she's not hiding her power level.
>>
>>161150618
That got translated: >>>/d/7588501
>>
File: What are multiple definitions.png (38KB, 821x511px) Image search: [Google]
What are multiple definitions.png
38KB, 821x511px
>>161161080
>You're not going to win.
It's not about winning. It's about wasting my day off. I could care less about Mai, even play him in CF. But his story is retarded and so are pretty much all the characters added to BB post CP.

>And most BB outfits are pretty unusual
This I already stated.

>aying that this somehow makes her outfit generic is absurd.
This I did not. I said her outfit would be more unique if she wore a more complete outfit. So the difference betwen Makoto who is a joke character, and Tsubaki who is an actually important character in terms of plot. I almost believe that the amount of clothing a female character wears is directly proportional to their plot relevancy in BB.

>>161161254
>A waif is a homeless child. Calling Mai that makes no sense.
Pic related

>Mai isn't especially gifted either
Has super tasting powers. Descendant of noble family. Trained in family arts. Yep not special at all.

>If you think that anything that can be described using danbooru tags is generic
It's common and generic. Having tags just means there are so many examples of it that it warrants some form of categorization. Or are you telling me backless outfits aren't common in anime as of recent?

>she's not hiding her power level.
Who said he was? But please, keep making up stuff I don't bring up.
>>
>>161161680
Makoto isn't a joke character. She has an actual role in the story and helps save Tsubaki. Nine is very important amd wears few clothes. Tao is an actual joke character and wears a lot of clothes.

That's not the usual definition of the word. And Mai doesn't fit your definition either. She isn't extremely thin; if anything she's curvier than a lot of other BB girls.

Backless outfits aren't that common. And just because a tag exists that can describe an aspect of something doesn't make the whole generic. Please provide examples of non-generic characters that fit your definition.

You seem to have forgoten what you have written. And Mai is unusual in some ways but her ability doesn't make her extremely powerful like the protagonists of a lot of magic highschool series. Also you seem to ignore that the story of the manga doesn't fit the other points you brought up.
>>
>>161162299
>You seem to have forgoten what you have written
Oh I did say that. Doesn't hiding the fact that you are from a noble family consititute "Hiding your power level"? It's not just a statement about hiding any strength. Even as the phrase exists it means hiding your hobbies from normalfags.

>Makoto isn't a joke character
She very much is.

>Nine is very important amd wears few clothes
Nine is relevant for half of a game. 3/5 if you count CP. Fucking Platinum was more relevant than she was as far as the six heroes go. You are confusing the two words. Someone important can be not as relevant as someone who is arguably less important in terms of story but more relevant in terms of things they actually do to the narrative. As far as the six Heroes go Nine, Jubei, and Valkenhyne are probably the least relevant characters of the group. Platinum debatebly falls somewhere in that group. All important, but not all equal in relevancy. So my statement still stands.

>That's not the usual definition of the word
Because the phrase "wilting waif" refers to homeless children? English must not be your first language.

>but her ability doesn't make her extremely powerful like the protagonists of a lot of magic highschool series
Don't move goal posts. She has an ability that makes her special in a world of super powers and magic. She's gifted in a way the plot favors (it even lets her make fast friends with someone who cooks terribly and analyze magic and even transfer abilties) It's not about how broken she is, just that she's gifted, even her family bloodline implies she has a high magical aptitude.

>Also you seem to ignore that the story of the manga doesn't fit the other points you brought up.
Remix hearts chapters are referred to as cases and decidedly framed as detective stories. There is a conspiracy going on in the background and higher ups in the school are in on it. What am I wrong about?

>She isn't extremely thin
Even you don't believe that.
>>
File: 61215394_p4.png (520KB, 758x758px) Image search: [Google]
61215394_p4.png
520KB, 758x758px
>>
File: 2016-03-02_00029.jpg (204KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-02_00029.jpg
204KB, 1280x768px
>>161162826
So now you broaden the definition of generic magic highschool to cover any protagonist who has a secret of some sort?

Makoto's subplot about dealing with discrimination due to her race is completely serious. And her part in the subplot involving saving Tsubaki is serious. Platinum and Trinity aren't as important as Nine. Nine's role is of central importance in CF. Trinity tries to help kill Terumi in CP but pretty much fails. Luna and Sena don't do anything at all.

Mai has an unusual power but it isn't that special compared to others. Noel is practically the avatar of the creator of the world for example. Practically every BB character is special and a number of them are more special than Mai.

The name of the group is a private joke. The girls called themselves that because they go out looking for grimoires, not because they are trying to solve a mystery. There is no school conspiracy and the chapters are called cases but are not at all detective stories.

Mai is curvier than most of her friends. She has one of the higher BMIs among BB girls. Her BMI is 19.4, which is normal rather than underweight.
>>
>>161156708
No longer active to avoid filters.
>>
Here are all the girls' BMI values and their classification:

Underweight: Es (17.1), Kokonoe (17.1), Makoto (18.4), Platinum (18.3), Rachel (14.7), Taokaka (15.1), Tsubaki (18.4).

Normal weight: Bullet (20.6), Celica (19.9), Lambda (18.7), Litchi (20.1), Mai (19.4), Nine (19.2), Noel (19.5), Nu (18.7).
>>
Would you rather read about Ragna being turned into a girl and having misadventures where she's hit on by Kagura, Jin's behavior is even more inappropriate than before, and all of her sisters suddenly turn gay for reasons she doesn't quite understand?
>>
>>161167398
No, I prefer Mai's story.
>>
Put your fucking trip back on.
>>
>>161167690
Translate it you lazy fuck.
>>
>>161167690
Faggot.
>>
>>161166652
>Her BMI is 19.4, which is normal rather than underweight
So you can't be at the very bottom of normal BMI and still not be considered skinny? Well than, I guess my doctor lied to me. Guess the moment you see a number it contradicts a physical descriptor. Nobody in their sane mind would just look at Mai and say she is skinny. Nope. Nobody.

>Practically every BB character is special and a number of them are more special than Mai.
Doesn't change the fact that she's gifted anon. You can try and split hairs all you want but she's giving a super special power and comes from a illustrious bloodline.

>Nine's role is of central importance in CF
Which is where her relevancy starts and ends. You keep mistaking the two words I'm using here because there is a difference. Nine is important, but not very relevant she is a very much so in the same tier as Jubei; existing in the background and doing basically one thing of note during the actual story events. Actually, Jubei does more than she does. Where as somebody like hazama is very important and very relevant. Platinum and Trinity are arguably both less important but more relevant than nine but that is something that is Up For Debate. Although I would stipulate that it has nothing to do with whether or not they succeed or fail, just on their overall impact to the story and how much of the story they actually

>There is no school conspiracy
Who is Sypher? Was he a teacher? And was he conspiring to use the school in his experiment?

I get she's your waifu but c'mon now. Your blatantly lying about stuff and acting like numbers contradict basic observation skills.
>>
>>161166891
When you get to the point where virtually every single person in a community has made it clear that they dislike you so much they blanket block every single thing you say from appearing on their screens, what motivates you to continue acting the exact same way but just disable their method of blocking you? What insane level of desperation for validation does that take?
>>
>>161168637
Mai is not "extremely thin". She has a curvier body than the majority of BB girls and her BMI fits with that.

Mai has an unusual ability but a large chunk of the cast has much more powerful abilities. And there are 3 other characters who are the heirs or heads of noble families of equal rank to Mai's. You can't say that Mai is too special when lots of other characters are more special than her.

You complain about my English when you don't know what conspiracy means. Seifer was working alone; he was not conspiring with anyone. And that was just one story arc in the last fourth of Mai's first manga. The emphasis of the story was on Mai's stuggle over her identity and relations to her friends and family, not on Mai and her friends working to stop an evil conspiracy at their school.
>>
>>161169223
You shouldn't take such comments at face value.
>>
>>161169309
This is this >>161169285
So you get the point >>161169223?
>>
>>161169395
Nice to see one dude speak on behalf of everyone on 4chan.
>>
>>161169515
I was right.
>>
File: 1499486461128.png (44KB, 756x734px) Image search: [Google]
1499486461128.png
44KB, 756x734px
>>161169285
>She has a curvier body than the majority of BB girls and her BMI fits with that
She also has twig limbs. Looks skinny to me.

>has much more powerful abilities
Not my point and you know it. It doesn't matter if there are more gifted people than her. She's gifted in her own right. You're trying to change my original statement.

>you don't know what conspiracy means
>Conspiracy (noun): the act of secretly planning to do something that is harmful or illegal.
So a character that was experimenting on humans in order to create the titular Remix Heart and planned to consume the school in his pursuits; all behind closed doors and secrets isn't enacting a conspiracy?

I can really tell that english isn't your first language now. One definition of the word states that you need at least 2 people and another has no such requirement.

>And that was just one story arc in the last fourth of Mai's first manga.
Conspiracy still exists. So when you say "there is no school conspiracy" you are factually incorrect.
>>
>>161153192
Try to talk my daughter's half-squirrel friend into a threesome.
>>
File: cover.jpg (335KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
335KB, 847x1200px
>>161169817
Her arms are normal and her thighs certainly don't look thin.

So any character with an unusual ability even if they don't stand out from others qualifies them as being the protagonist of a "standard magic university plot"? Your definitions are so broad as to be meaningless.

Did you just come up with that definition? Here's the definition from Merriam Webster, which you seem to like:
>conspiracy: the act of conspiring together
>conspire: to join in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act or an act which becomes unlawful as a result of the secret agreement
Conspiracies always involve multiple people. There was no conspiracy in Remix Heart and Seifer's plan wasn't even what the manga was about.
>>
>>161170457
Compare Mai to other character.
>>
>>161170457
>Your definitions are so broad as to be meaningless.
It's unfortunate you have to try and make up stuff to prove your point. The fact is that my possesses a series of traits that give her an innate advantage over other people. In any other situation they would be called gifted.

>the definition from Merriam Webster
Which is where I got my definition from. But again if we're going to split hairs there is still a secret plot (or scheme) serving as the backbone to the story that takes place in a military academy being perpetrated by some faculty member. Which is what you can expect from a standard plot of this nature. Do you disagree that this happens in the majority of stories centered in some magical military academy?

>skinny
A lot of women in BlazBlue would be considered skinny by normal standards. And if we're using curves that some sort of proof that they aren't, keep in mind your list of underweight characters included Es, Taokaka, and Makoto; some of the busiest members of that cast. So comparing her to other idealized anime girls does not really help your point.
>>
>>161170877
>busiest
Bustier.
>>
>>161170877
I could agree with you is you had said that a standard magic high school story is something similar to Mahouka or Chivalry of a Failed Knight, where the protagonist has a secret ability that makes him more powerful than all the other students. Allowing any sort of unusual power to qualify broadens the definition so much as to make it meaningless.

The definition you provided is not on Merriam Webster so no, you did not get it from there.

You didn't even say that Mai was skinny. You claimed that Mai is "extremely thin". You claimed that I'm shifting goalposts but that's what you are doing.
>>
How is one guy so dedicated to this one character?
>>
Is this the /a/ debate club?
Pretty interesting discussions desu, I wonder who's gonna win
>>
>>161171531
Maisolev never left us.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-15-17-32-24-1.png (124KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-15-17-32-24-1.png
124KB, 1080x1080px
>>161171350
>Allowing any sort of unusual power to qualify broadens the definition so much as to make it meaningless.
No. My abilities allow her to handle the majority of situations thrown at her within the context of the remix Hearts plot. Not only that but she is still an exceptional student when it comes down to Certain Magical capabilities. Her bumbling with combat is only due to the fact that she is not used to fighting inside of her body and that quickly rectifies itself once proper training takes place. All you're trying to do is argue that she is less gifted than other characters which isn't untrue but is misleading about my original statement simply stating that she is gifted herself. Do you deny that she is gifted in her own right? The definition is in Broad. You're just trying to warp my statements so that they aren't exact as I've constantly tried to make them.

>You didn't even say that Mai was skinny
While the definition of wife states that the female in question needs to be extremely thin, and I do not disagree that my herself is very thin compared to somebody her age and supposedly athletic background and we'll fed should be. I have never once referred to her directly as extremely thin, only skinny. Which is exactly what she is. Bringing up BMI doesn't change the fact that Meyer self is very thin and adheres more to the stylized anime Aesthetics given to female characters.

>definition
I picked an English language learner just for you.

>>161171568
Nobody wins these kind of discussions. We all lose time and dignity.
>>
>>161171742
>My ability
Mai's
>>
Reminder that Mai has more hand-on experience with dick than all the other BlazBlue girls combined
>>
File: conspiracy.png (49KB, 1031x565px) Image search: [Google]
conspiracy.png
49KB, 1031x565px
>>161171742
Mai often has to rely on her friends in order to succeed though. She is able to handle some situations on her own and her abilities prove useful, but she's not similar to protagonists of magic high school series such as The Asterisk War, who have unique abilities that allow them to surpass everyone else. Again, your definition is too broad and includes almost any series taking place in a highschool where magic exists.

That's not what's on the Merriam Webster website:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conspiracy
And the legal definition of conspiracy is an agreement between two or more people to commit a crime.

You claimed that Mai is a waif and justified that by using an obscure definition of the word meaning extremely thin. So yes you did call her that.
>>
>>161172291
>ai often has to rely on her friends in order to succeed though
Gifted people still can receive help

>Again, your definition is too broad and includes almost any series taking place in a highschool where magic exists.
Have you not noticed that all those stories require the protagonist to be gifted in some respect in order to make them unique or special. He'll most stories will make the protagonist A Gifted individual to some capacity is how they handle situations or show their capability. How are you this confused about a very basic story writing convention? Harry Potter was a gifted quidditch player, that didn't stop him from being ass at casting a lot of spells.

>That's not what's on the Merriam Webster website:
Scroll down maybe you'll find something different.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conspiracy

>So yes you did call her that.
If you're capable of reading what I posted, you'll notice that I still agree that she is extremely thin by normal human standards. You can drag out a BMI all you want it doesn't change the fact that she has tiny thin ass arms and the only thing big about her are her tits. And if by your own statement, anybody who's BMI puts them under weight classifies as extremely skinny, then having large tits does not excuse my herself from being extremely thin by virtue of how her character portrait is designed.
>>
no one reads this shit, fuck off nigger
>>
>>161172851
Practically every story set at high school with magic is a standard magic high school story by your standards.

So you ignore the actual definition of the word and go for the vague, dumped down version that's found in the English learners section. Real nice.

Mai has an athletic build but she's not extremely skinny. Her thighs are not thin and she has a noticeable ass. She's not skin and bones.
>>
>>161171531
I would call it autism, but MaiOlev seems capable of empathy and relating to other people. So, probably he just has monomania of his waifu.
>>
>>161173211
I prefer the word "love".
>>
>>161173276
There is love, and there is an unhealthy obsession. You can have love without an unhealthy obsession, but you cannot have an unhealthy obsession without love.
>>
File: 143.png (1MB, 1129x1600px) Image search: [Google]
143.png
1MB, 1129x1600px
>>161159154
That would be hot.
>>
>>161174203
>Mom looks like her 16 year old daughter except she has one antenna hair and smaller breasts.
>Only has one kid with that banging body

Let me guess, she has some immortal curse that keep her eternally young and beautiful, and after one kid she opted to never have kids again?
>>
File: 144.png (1MB, 1129x1600px) Image search: [Google]
144.png
1MB, 1129x1600px
>>161174407
Her breasts are as big as her daughter's.
>>
>>161174407
Mai's friends say that Rin looks like Mai. It's not explained why she looks so young, but she is a powerful noblewoman so it makes sense she'd have access to magic that allows her to retain her youthful appearance.
>>
>Mai's mother is named Rin
>Best girls in anime/manga are typically named Rin
>Therefore Mai's mom is now the new best girl

I think that is how a logical fallacy works.
>>
>>161173171
>Practically every story set at high school with magic is a standard magic high school story by your standards.
Please get things straight about my definition

>>161157056
>Mystery plot ensues
>conspiracy that involves the principal/head teacher
>rinse and repeat.

This is what I see as the standard magical university plot. Now you have quibbled over whether or not conspiracy is an applicable term because Remix Heart only has one conspirator. If I change "conspiracy" to "devious secretive scheme" nothing changes in what I am trying convey since that is what happens in these stories all the time. And Sypher is in fact the "principal/head teacher" I am referencing.

You're trying to act like the definition I'm using is broad but the reality is that's just the climate for these types of locations in japanese fiction. Chivalry of a failed knight, Asterick wars, Mahouka, Infinite Statos, Kaze no Stigma, etc. You can find magic academy stories that don't have this setup.

>Mai has an athletic build but she's not extremely skinny
She has no visible muscle mass despite being a warrior, not that this is a pre-requisite. She's really just thin with no tone and could pass for a model more than a fighter. She's still skinny, not being 'extremely' doesn't change much outside of her needing two sandwiches instead of four.
>>
>Maifags
>>
>>161174203
>>161174484
I want them both.
>>
>>161179694
What you desire is Oyakodon.
>>
File: 1381356133666.png (70KB, 285x215px) Image search: [Google]
1381356133666.png
70KB, 285x215px
>come into thread for maybe BlazBlue or Variable Heart discussion since scans are behind
>instead get this retarded debate going on
>>
>>161175560
You have to really stretch out your own definitions to force Remix Heart to fit your little schema. It's like hammering a square peg in a round hole.

Mai has an unusual power, but she's not especially adept at the trade. She doesn't hide how powerful she is; you claiming that you meant that keeping a secret qualifies as hiding one's power level is kind of ridiculous. There is no mystery plot; the girls go looking for grimoires on their own or get involved in other stuff for the majority of the manga. Seifer is just one teacher among many; he's not in charge. And again, his is just one arc occupying a fourth of the manga. It doesn't define the manga. You applying an arbitrary one drop rule using a story arc that doesn't even fit your own criteria.

Chivalry of a failed knight, Asterick Wars and Mahouka are power fantasies in which a male protagonist who is secretly exceptionally powerful goes to a magic school, is able to surpass every student there and ends up surrounded by attractive girls who want him. Remix Heart isn't like that at all.
>>
>>161182921
What did you expect from blazblue thread anyway?
>>
>>161140960
I'll translate each issue for 5USD
>>
File: 1370306817610.png (116KB, 400x850px) Image search: [Google]
1370306817610.png
116KB, 400x850px
>>161185150
Noel bullying.
>>
>>161155830
>>161159154
She's gonna sleep with his father on the next chapter, as payback for always treating him bad.
>>
File: DM_You.png (255KB, 680x271px) Image search: [Google]
DM_You.png
255KB, 680x271px
>>161183996
>You have to really stretch out your own definitions to force Remix Heart to fit your little schema

Check
Check
Check
>Mystery plot ensues
Check
>[s]conspiracy[/s]Devious secretive scheme that involves the principal/head teacher
Check

Nope still fits with no problem.

>Mai has an unusual power, but she's not especially adept at the trade

>Be fighter in a world of magic
>Have family that trains you in martial arts since childhood
>learn Kirihito assasination techniques
>Be recognized as one of the two strongest people in your group
Later
>Have ability to analyze enemy magic and use it with just a kiss
>also be able to transfer magic knowledge to other people with kiss
>somehow not making her a better fighter
Yeah, she's very adept at the trade. Only hindrance were her funbags and his mom is sorting that out.

>Power fantasies
You love adding on points I never mention. The point of comparison between Remix hearts and the series I listed wasn't to demonstrate that RH is a power fantasy, just that it incorporates all the things I listed above. Which they all most certainly do.

>>161182921
I make no apologies. This whole conversation is pointless and autistic but I'm just retarded enough to keep fuel onto it.
>>
>c92 come and go
>0 mai porn book

Really fires my neurons
>>
>>161186907
There is no mystery plot, Seifer is just a teacher and his plot is only a small portion of the story. And my point was that if you want some commonality between the more "standard" magical school series like the ones mentioned before it's that they are power fantasies where a male protagonist who is secretly exceptionally powerful goes to a magic school, is able to surpass every student there and ends up surrounded by attractive girls who want him. Your list is both too broad in some respects, such as any secret or any unusual ability qualifying, and too specific, such as requiring a conspiracy orchestrated by the school headmaster, to include them. Care to describe the school headmaster conspiracies in Chivalry of a failed knight, Asterick Wars and Mahouka for example?

Mai is capable but she's in a world where a number of characters have way more powerful abilities. As a result she doesn't really stand out compared to them. Remix Heart might have qualified for that if Jin was its protagonist, since he is in fact more powerful than any other student, has access to an extremely powerful weapon which he keeps hidden and is adored by most girls at his school.
>>
>>161151623
Your words are as empty as your soul. anons ill needs a power fantasy such as hers!
>>
>>161155603
>wanting to be literal cancer

You're a fucking faggot
>>
>>161187245
>There is no mystery plot
>What is this monster doing here monster?
>Can I find a way to turn back
>Why are these assassins back?
It's a weak mystery in presentation sure, but it's there. There is intrigue about.

>male protagonist
Maybe I should read more stories set in magical schools with female protaganists. Got any recommendations since you seem to be the authority in this matter? Maybe the opposite sex doesn't have power fantasy stories set in schools as well.

>such as requiring a conspiracy orchestrated by the school headmaster
Either the principal or some head instructor. This is always the case. You could extend this to student council and it's the same effect. Someone in charge of the governing of the school is into some shit.

>Mai is capable but she's in a world where a number of characters have way more powerful abilities.
You keep doing this "mai is gifted but not as gifted as [X]" But you are still admitting that she is Gifted and that her specific qualities makes her unique (she is a human fused with a grimoire, a rare existence. Can copy spells and analyze anything by taste alone) and adept at the scenario (she is a master martial artist in a battle series, her empathic abilities allow her to befriend a myriad of people). I have never stipulated that the protagonist in these plots be the most gifted in the series, that is all you. I even cite Harry potter who sucked in terms of a lot of things but had a great support network to keep him afloat in the areas he was deficient in.
>>
>>161186730
this is pretty good plot i would wish to see one day.
>daddy issues
>fuck the daddy

maybe 1 - 3 doujins with an omake in the complication with rin?
>>
>>161187767
There are things Mai does not know but they are not part of some overarching mystery. This isn't a mystery series. And of course there are shoujo manga set at magic schools, and they are quite different from the formula I described. E.g.: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=51629

You assert that there is some sort of headmaster conspiracy in all of those series but provide no proof. Also you seem to think that Harry Potter is a standard magic high school series. Just say that you hate magic high schools and leave it at that. There wouldn't have been a need to discuss this then. Though I would have said that Mai's second manga does not take place at a high school.
>>
>>161186978
Looks like we only got this: >>161161290
>>
>>161186978
really activates the grimoires yea?
>>
File: arakune-reading.gif (132KB, 500x445px) Image search: [Google]
arakune-reading.gif
132KB, 500x445px
>>161188369
>You assert that there is some sort of headmaster conspiracy in all of those series but provide no proof.
I have said it since the beginning it can be the headmaster or it could be another member of the faculty. This is important to distinguish since it's not universal that the principal is going to be the villain and vice versa. But it's always a member of the school that has high standing.

Did you not read chivalry or index? MC's family in the former is deliberately trying to sabotage the MC because he was born with low magic aptitude and is considered a blight on the families honor. This involves influencing the school so he can't graduate.

Asterisk wars has members of the respective schools student council presidentss (obviously not the MC's since Claudia is a bro and third wheel in that love triangle) that are willing to eliminate any dissenters and outright attempt murder. Plus faculty members who experiment on students with no remorse.

Mahouka. I only remember something involving the ten families or something of that nature. Really didn't get into that one since it was terrible with no redeeming qualities.

>Also you seem to think that Harry Potter is a standard magic high school series
I keep bringing up Harry potter to highlight how the MC doesn't have to be the most gifted member of the cast since Harry is most certainly not the most gifted. Neither is Mai.

>Just say that you hate magic high schools and leave it at that.
I don't hate the setup by any stretch of the imagination. But it's got a set of cliches attached to them that Remix Hearts falls into. Don't try and pull a "you just hate it" card this late into the discussion.

>>161187685
>>wanting to be literal cancer
I have literally been entertaining a maifag for a full day now. I already am cancer, getting the mask would only complete the transformation.
>>
>>161186730 >>161188321
For real, Mai is gonna let her dad cum inside?
Lucky her fake body can't get pregnant.

she's not gonna say it's her right? she's gonna pass as her mom
>>
>>161188865
What you are saying amounts to claiming that faculty members are involved in the story in some capacity. Well yes, you can expect that in most stories set in a high school. Again this is so brad as to be meaningless. Student council presidents are not members of the faculty though; they're students so they don't count.

If you cite Harry Potter as an example to support your case then you are implicitly adding it in the same category. If you lump Harry Potter together with battle harems then the only real commonality is that they take place in a magic high school.
>>
File: 35.24 Mai vs. Kagura.jpg (353KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
35.24 Mai vs. Kagura.jpg
353KB, 1920x1080px
>>161190446
Mai still has feelings for Taro at the time of the games, though they never entered into a relationship. Mai developing feelings for him was prinicipally there to make her realize that her mind had been affected by her transformation and that she was no longer a boy in a girl's body. The manga focuses on Mai's frienship with the other academy girls.
>>
>>161189047
>What you are saying amounts to claiming that faculty members are involved in the story in some capacity.
No but at this point I can see you don't actually read my posts anymore. Just find a single word and jump on it.

>If you cite Harry Potter as an example to support your case then you are implicitly adding it in the same category
The fuck kind of logic is this. I'm comparing two characters and the fact that despite being the protagonist, they are not the default strongest in their respective series as you have been so quick to point out with Mai vs Jin. Now I am implicitly adding Harry Potter to battle harems (is Remix Hearts considered Harem?) because you say so and they both take place in magical schools?

If I had used Yoh asakura would you feel better? He's not the strongest member of his team, that honor goes to Chocolove. Or maybe I should have used Riko from Made in Abyss is getting carried by a shotabot and furry despite her massive knowledge pool, or Gon from HxH, or Seiya from...Saint Seiya, or any number of series where the MC isn't the strongest or most gifted overall but is still strong/gifted enough to be able to overcome their problems and also be unique and not overshadowed. Read more fiction.
>>
>>161190759
Mai will fall for an enemy and give her virginity to him, that's the way it works anon.
>>
>>
>>161193087
Fucking hope so
>>
>>161192465
Both Asterisk Wars and Mahouka give teachers a minor role and don't have them as masterminds so they don't fit under your criteria.

What's the point of saying that Mai is similar to protagonists of other kinds of stories? That defeats your point.
>>
>>161140960
When will we get more kakas and orient town shenanigans?
Genetically engineered catgirl weapon clan living in the miasmic wastes under a hierarchical cyberpunk mountain city was unironically my favourite thing.
All the magic x technology, rebelling against the oppressive goverment and bounty hunters was the reason why I bought BB in the first place
>>
File: WARE WIN.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
WARE WIN.gif
1MB, 500x281px
WHEN YOU DIE
>>
Just going to start
>>161196983
>Both Asterisk Wars and Mahouka give teachers a minor role and don't have them as masterminds so they don't fit under your criteria.
>>161187767
>You could extend this to student council and it's the same effect. Someone in charge of the governing of the school is into some shit.
Same as your quibble over the use of conspiracy. The meaning is 'school administrator or law enforcer is corrupt'. It can be a principal, headmaster, head of a department, homeroom teacher, student council president. Take your pick. It's always one (or more) of them in these scenarios

>What's the point of saying that Mai is similar to protagonists of other kinds of stories?
>>161192465
>I'm comparing two characters and the fact that despite being the protagonist, they are not the default strongest in their respective series
The point is that you don't have to be set most gifted member of the main cast to be considered gifted by the stories standards.
>>
File: 1500956547029.jpg (547KB, 638x957px) Image search: [Google]
1500956547029.jpg
547KB, 638x957px
bump for Mai's big tits
>>
>>161198005
Except that Mahouka doesn't have a corrupt student council. The MC cooperates with them. The villains are Chinese spies.

Almost every protagonist has some skill or ability. Completely useless protagonists are rare, so you are once again overgeneralizing.
>>
>>161189044
Mai is a biological woman and can get pregnant. Mai's mother talked about Mai becoming a mother.
>>
>>161189044
>>161201096
Okay I've only read the first chapters of the manga, but is this shit you're talking about real or just shitposting? Because then this thing took a turn to the wild side
>>
>>161200150
>Except that Mahouka doesn't have a corrupt student council.
Than that one series does not fit the cliche. I don't know much about it but you brought it up so I thought it fit. The other still stand as examples of the cliche RH included.
>>
>>161201818
Seifer is a rogue reaearcher that infiltrated the academy. The academy girls aren't fighting against The Man.
>>
>>161201908
>The academy girls aren't fighting against The Man.
Who said they were? He's faculty, he has a nefarious secret scheme. it fits the mold.
>>
>>161201748
Mai can get pregnant but she doesn't have sex with her dad.
>>
>>161140960
Mai is only good as a cock sleeve
>>
>>161201955
Thanks anon
>>
>>161201946
The fact you give Mahouka a pass but try so hard to peg RH as being a stereotypical magic school series speaks for itself.
>>
File: Hakumen.png (1MB, 1391x1945px) Image search: [Google]
Hakumen.png
1MB, 1391x1945px
>>161197608
White susanoo best susanoo
>>
File: .png (121KB, 260x251px) Image search: [Google]
.png
121KB, 260x251px
>>161202075
>>
File: 000-1.png (1MB, 1129x1600px) Image search: [Google]
000-1.png
1MB, 1129x1600px
>>161201974
Mai is a miracle of the universe.
>>
>>161202049
>The fact you give Mahouka a pass
It didn't fit the mold

> to peg RH
It however did.

>>161202075
The fact that an official poll happened to determine what character people would want to live as and Hakumen wasn't top 10 (just hakumen Jin into Hakumen) tells me that people care less about justice and more about their sick fetishes.
>>
>>161202277
Your "mold" is a procrustean bed.
>>
>>161202337
I can't help it that if a story is set in a magical military university that you can see lots of similarities in structure and major plot beats and differentiated most notably by their MC gimmick. Remix Hearts has the gimmick of the MC being a dude turned chick. Other series have their own gimmicks but still can adhere to broad plot similarities, otherwise the notion of plots resembling each other wouldn't exist at all and for sure some of the stuff we do agree fits the mold have plot similarities up the ass.

I'm not slamming your series, just pointing out the truth. Take that for what you will. You can be rote and still be enjoyable.
>>
>>161202665
Mai's transformation was very important in the for the story of Remix Heart. It was not a gimmick. And again, you fail to see the core similarities between Mahouka and series such as Chivalry of a Failed Knight or Asterisk Wars but instead focus on arbitrary criteria that you broaden until they fit your preconceptions.
>>
>>161204387
>you fail to see the core similarities between Mahouka and series such as Chivalry of a Failed Knight
Didn't we just establish that it didn't fit the template outside of taking place in a military academy? Are you now saying that they have more in common than the location because a little consistency would be nice. You're the authority on Mahouka, let me know if it actually does the things I attribute to this plot setup or not. I aim for clarity and specificity here.
>>
>>161205984
>Chivalry of a failed knight, Asterick Wars and Mahouka are power fantasies in which a male protagonist who is secretly exceptionally powerful goes to a magic school, is able to surpass every student there and ends up surrounded by attractive girls who want him.

This is a much better way to sum up this kind of story. Just because none of the faculty or student council members turn out to be villains in one of these series does not change the fact that they are similar at their core and that Remix Heart is very different from them.

You also play fast and loose with your definitions, so don't talk about clarity. Your original definition only talked about the head instructor or principal and you threw in the student council as well in order to accommodate Asterisk Wars. Also you deliberately ignored the fact that Seifer was just one teacher as well as the fact that the Seifer story arc was not central to Remix Heart. The RH manga at its core was about Mai adjusting to her life as a schoolgirl, learning to open herself to others and her gaining a sense of self-worth with the support of her friends. This is pretty damn different from a series like Chivalry of a Failed Knight, where the protagonist is out to prove that he's the strongest dude in his school and his conflicts exist to lead up to that as well as to get him a harem.
>>
>>161206572
>This is a much better way to sum up this kind of story
But I'm not fixated at all on the power trip aspect of these stories. That is once again your own assertions on my statements. If I had brought up the current arc of Plunderer or maybe something like Seraph at the end of the world you wouldn't have jumped on the power trip. When I think of generic magical military academy stories chivalry and asterisk pop to mind since they are the current

>You also play fast and loose with your definitions, so don't talk about clarity
I have been trying to clarify my meaning this entire discussion but you're so obstinate and not willing to let me alter my original terms without claiming that I'm hammering square pegs into circle holes. . My original definition was inadequate in two respects, Consipiracy entails at least two parties and what I needed to convey was the fact that there is a secret plot within the academy, of which Remix Hearts has several if you count the conspiracy to kill Jin, but my original terms (which I feel no need to change this caveat) specifies that it must be a member of the faculty.

The second failing was listing only a pricipal and head teacher. I needed to make it "administrative group within the school" because especially in japanese media the student council is sometimes represented as more important than even the faculty.

Once you accept those two changes nothing is lost in my original intent and I'm not trying to blanket every story in existance (as evidenced by me dropping Mahouka since it doesn't fit)

It's funny how all this started because I just pointed out that Mai is generic as fuck. The only thing making her different from any other long haired big tittied character is that she used to have a penis at one point. Even in the context of Blazblue, as you have often pointed out, she's outshadowed by the actual main characters of the series.

Why are you so fixated on waifuing this chick what used to have a dick?
>>
>>161208028
And once again you choose to ignore what the story is about and instead focus on whether to tick a box next to "has a faculty and/or student council member is up to no good". This is not a useful way to classify series.

Mai is not generic. She has a well established personality, goals, backstory and character arc. Mai is brave, cheerful, optimistic, polite, quick-thinking, levelheaded, capable, sincerely cares for others, values her friends above all else, hates people who treat others like objects, really wants to earn her distant father's affection and approval, can end up biting more than she can chew, is selfish when it comes to food, is athletic and is interested in reptiles and in mysterious creatures. Over the course of her first manga Mai learns to open herself to others after being isolated as a child and gains a sense of self-worth that she previously lacked due to failing to meet her father's impossible standards.

You can easily distinguish Mai from other characters with long hair and big breasts. Seraphim from Koreha Zombie Desuka for example is violent and abrasive to most people around her. And plenty of warrior girls are very serious and strict, such as Meiya from Muv Luv. Saying that they are all the same is pretty ridiculous.
>>
File: latest-5.jpg (261KB, 1280x1507px) Image search: [Google]
latest-5.jpg
261KB, 1280x1507px
>>161208851
>Mai is not generic.
Everything you just listed is so worn in terms of ground in fiction that I'm convinced at this point you're just trolling me and I'm just dumb enough to keep biting that hook. I could literally just swap out a name or two and describe a handful of other characters.

Mai's conflict with her father only is different in your head because it comes from the context of a genderbend background. If I was describing Ikki from chivalry of a failed Knight you tell me that he was bargain-bin generic for male protagonist with Father issues. All I'm really reading here is that you like Mai's particular gimmick as far as female charcaters with daddy issues go.

>Koreha Zombie Desuka
Jesus I was half joking when I said her character was generic but change the hair color on this chick and you have mai. And you seem to be missing my point the characters design is generic and you just proved that.
>>
>>161198796
I want to slice those tits off
>>
File: 28.png (893KB, 1114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
28.png
893KB, 1114x1600px
>>161209479
Go on then, provide that handful of other characters that can be described by all the things I said.

Houichirou was distant and extremely demanding from Mai years before she became a girl. Mai had longed for his affection for all her life. This was not due to her genderbending. And Ikki's relationship with his family is quite different from that of Mai's. Mai is seeking her father's acceptance and her father does care for her in his own way.

Mai's hairstyle is different other than the ponytail and she has tareme rather than tsurime so no she does not look the same as Serapheim. Anime character designs involve a fair level of abstraction so finding characters that resemble other characters isn't generally difficult.
>>
>>161210343
>Go on then, provide that handful of other characters that can be described by all the things I said.
Do I have to include a love or reptiles? This is important.
>>
>>161209494
Anon no
>>
File: IMG_0324.png (334KB, 357x657px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0324.png
334KB, 357x657px
Mai is good but there are better girls in BB desu
>>
>>161212367
I feel like she would feel more comfortable in Under Night In birth with her mechanics. But this isn't /v/ so I'll leave it at that.
>>
>>161185150
someone not stop bitching about how guilty gear is better in story, characters, gameplay, etc.
>>
>>161214160
Who wore it better? Susanoo or Justice?
>>
Coolio
>>
>>161140960
how big is Mai's cock again?
>>
>>161210343
Is she gonna fuck him?
Tell me if she's gonna fuck him!
>>
>>161212600
UNI OVA when
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.