[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>stop reading berserk many years ago >pick it up again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

>stop reading berserk many years ago
>pick it up again
>Guts has a generic RPG party
>it's no longer hand drawn
why.
>>
It fucking hurts, doesn't it?
Rewatch the 90s adaptation sometime
>>
File: 200% sad.png (217KB, 484x488px) Image search: [Google]
200% sad.png
217KB, 484x488px
>>161117144
it wasn't supposed to be like this
>>
It's nice for the story to take a different path. We had lone Guts walking the earth for a long time.
Also Guts always had companions, it's in his character to draw people to him evn if he doesn't really want to.
>>
sh*tty treatment for sh*tty series, fitting I think
>>
>>161117097
>it's no longer hand drawn
Miura draws with his feet now?
>>
File: the saddest.jpg (7KB, 236x177px) Image search: [Google]
the saddest.jpg
7KB, 236x177px
>>161117177
that maybe true but the overall tone of the manga got changed . it doesn't feel the same anymore. I can't really pinpoint what Drew me to berserk in the first place but whatever it was it just isn't there anymore.
>>161117187
different strokes for diffrent folks.
>>161117212
oh har har.
>>
>>161117177
Guts in the golden age companions weren't as garbage as the ones now, literal shounen JRPG tier now
>>
>>161117291
>that maybe true but the overall tone of the manga got changed . it doesn't feel the same anymore. I can't really pinpoint what Drew me to berserk in the first place but whatever it was it just isn't there anymore.
You probably got tired of waiting for it to end, like me.
>>161117437
They were basic archetypes
the cowardly warriors, the brave warriors, the smart warrior, the even smarter warrior, the almost mute warrior, the kid warrior, perky chick warrior.
Golden age arc is, dare I say it, overrated a bit.
>>
>>161117555
This. Guts' new bros are at least more nuanced.
>>
File: Slan_Rape_04.jpg (476KB, 736x695px) Image search: [Google]
Slan_Rape_04.jpg
476KB, 736x695px
>>161117097
It's quite clear that Miura is a much different man now than he was when he was like 20 and just started the series. The bleak, miserable, darkness of the first decade h worn off with Idolmaster and now he wants a nice happy ending for Guts and friends.

I don't mind that much, but I'll always wondr how different the ending would be fifteen years ago compare to what the ending may be in the future now that Miura is taking on a muc lighter tone.

At least there's a great anime running now haha
>>
>>161117731
>At least there's a great anime running now haha
Should I start this? is it worth it, even a tiny bit?
>>
>>161117555
Archetypes aren't bad though. They're just something that recurs because they're familiar human forms. Pippin and crew were far better attached to Guts than Schierke, Farny, and the others are despite having a quarter of the time with Guts by this point. Guts' friendship with Gaston has like two or three panels to establish it and I feel more of an investment in the two than everyone in the new crew.
>>
File: 1496803176932.webm (615KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496803176932.webm
615KB, 848x480px
>>161117760
You'll laugh until you cry.
>>
>>161117834
Schiercke's bonding with Guts was better than any of his old companions.
> I feel more of an investment in the two than everyone in the new crew.
Nostalgia tends to do that.
>>
>>161117905
Nostalgia is not a valid deflection when the "new" crew has been around long enough to qualify for nostalgic status for a while.

The Witch loli's desire for Guts' dick is cute but she could die tomorrow and I'd not give much of a fuck. The only remotely respectable member who has a connection with Guts is Mr. Gay Wind Magic through combat.
>>
>>161118017
>she could die tomorrow and I'd not give much of a fuck
Sucks for you then, I would be very sad.
>Serpico isn't respectable or more interesting than all of the golden hawk combined
When they died I didn't even give a fuck. Only Casca's rape was sad (and Griffith's overall actions as well).
>>
>>161117865
Jesus fucking christ. Why are elevens so incapable of doing good 3d animation in anime? They make games with good animation.
>>
>>161118065
Sounds like you may just be a maladjusted sociopath incapable of normal human connections then.
>>
File: why.png (360KB, 1040x350px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
360KB, 1040x350px
why is the artstyle so shit now.
it was never really Something to wright home about. but Miura is dropping the ball and it's hurting me.
>>
>>161118101
>Sounds like you may just be a maladjusted sociopath incapable of normal human connections then.
Like you are with the whole "the new crew is shit I wouldn't care if they died" shtick, right?
>>
>>161118395
That's because they have not exhibited normal human traits of social cues and bonding. Only someone highly dysfunctional would think that a mind entering witch loli is somehow more of a connection than true friendship and comaradery developed by consistent and poignant writing which did emore in one arc to establish relationship than the rest of the story combined for the rest of the cast. You should seek help.
>>
>>161117834
You're absolutely right. Because Guts' companion in the Golden Age were far more grounded than the current ones, and their relationships with Guts meant more in a human sense than the nu-companions, except maybe Farnese.

I can't wait for them to die so the story can go somewhere again.
>>
>>161118465
>true friendship and comaradery developed by consistent and poignant writing
Yeah, Guts spending a couple of pages really was poignant and deep writing that really immersed us in the characters psyxhological complexions. This is why the coward was such a memorable and interesting guy, oh, don't forget about the mute one too, how about the other guys that were there only to be killed? Amazing, truly. But Guts and Schierke forming an almost inhuman bond through soul searching and bonding and psychological examination is surely shit because it isn't what I grew up with.
You need help to pee, retard.
>>
>>161118528
>I can't wait for them to die
Truly an extremely healthy reaction. Golden age fags are truly well adjusted normal people after all.
This is to be expected when they love characters that their entire purpose was to be a fodder for Guts, and a sacrifice to Griffith. Plebs
>>
>>161118594
>you're unhealthy because you want fictional characters to die for the story to become good again
Not making a difference between fiction and reality, that's unhealthy.

>>161118556
>Guts and Schierke forming an almost inhuman bond through soul searching and bonding and psychological examination
That never happens. Guts is Schierke's daddy and makes her feel she's worth something, solving her insecurities. Schierke sees the spooky dog in Guts' head sometimes and uses magic to yell "DUDE CALM DOWN" so Guts can stop being Berserk in his shitty armor. Their relationship is okay but it's far from being the psychological thing you're making it out to be.
>>
>>161118691
>Their relationship is okay but it's far from being the psychological thing you're making it out to be.
Exaclty how the relationships were in the Golden age arc. This is the point I want to make dammit.
>>
Jesus christ let the nigga be happy he's earned it. Next chapter revisits the fucking eclipse so you edgelords will get your fill.
>>
>>161118735
Nobody said Guts had deep relationships with his Golden Age comrades but they meant something closer to the audience and to Guts' wandering. They all represented something relevant to his soul searching, his quest for home, for something. Now if you look at the current companions, you have

>Farnese, a good character but she's only a follower and doesn't mean anything else to Guts
>Serpico, the follower of a follower, who still has interesting interactions with Guts but that are never expanded upon, he just gives a shit about Farnese
>Schierke, good character but magic shit, I guess she can be kinda relevant as a link between Guts and sanity but it's never really used well
>Isidro, no more words needed

They're not bad characters (except fucking Isidro) but they just don't fit well.
>>
>>161118869
>Schierke, good character but magic shit
Agreed. Schierke always leaves a bad taste in my mouth because the style of magic she uses feels far too out of place for the setting, and a lot of it is just too convenient
Hell, the whole magic weapons thing that the other party members get too are a bit silly.
>>
>>161117865
I refuse to believe this is real. I have seen better newgrounds animations.
>>
>>161118869
Even Isidro has shown to have matured (a bit, he isn't salvagable, really).
I like farnese as a former ex lord that tries to redeem herself, same for serpico
>but magic shit
...Why?
>they meant something closer
>his quest for home
This is all you though. I can do the same thing you did for the new band to the older members.
>>
>>161117865
lol, even I could do better if I iknew how to draw
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.