[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like showa anime It's not as if though I hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Fib2sWc.png (78KB, 282x300px) Image search: [Google]
Fib2sWc.png
78KB, 282x300px
Why do people like showa anime It's not as if though I hate Showa anime, there's just legitimately nothing interesting that it can offer me.
I just can't sit down and watch 50 episodes of extremely formulaic and objectively bad acting and writing with little to no hook besides "hey im watching old thing this is neat i am so patrician". I'm not enough of a masochist to subject myself to that and I don't care enough about the opinions of others online to try and gain their approval by pretending that I think Showa anime is in any way actually better than any Heisei anime.
>>
>>161110796
You know, Showa isn't a genre, anon. If you're going to say you hate old anime just say it.
>>
What is Showa anime? Do you mean shonen? Showa is a period of time in Japanese history not a genre or style.
>>
not all of it is bad, just most of it.
>>
>>161110796
https://desuarchive.org/_/search/text/%22just%20legitimately%20nothing%20interesting%20that%22/
Apparently this is new /m/ pasta and OP needs to fuck off.
>>
It's cheesier, more cartoony, and a bit stilted but that's the joy in it.
>>
>>161110796
You are right, old anime is not better than new anime. The difference is that if you are old enough and actually watched these anime while they were relevant, you think of them through a nostalgia filter that makes them look amazing. If you did not have that experience and you're trying to watch them for the first time in 2017 you really shouldn't. You are never going to find that they are good since you will always be comparing them with what you are used to i.e. moe blob fantasy world idol incest shows and be disappointed. You missed out on being able to like these shows which is fine, at least you will get to say 30 years from now how Sword Art Online is a classic that redefined anime forever.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.