[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are all the character in Terra E ratarded?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 30979.jpg (40KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
30979.jpg
40KB, 225x350px
A lot of people recommended Terra E, and I decided to start watching it. I just finished the second episode, and I don't believe I have ever watched an anime with such dumb and whiny characters who cannot grasp basic emotional concepts.
So, all the Mu welcomed Jomy on their ship with warm smiles, but when he was shocked and surprised by how they can talk using thought waves (which is what any rational person who was raised in a place that doesn't say anything about the Mu would do), they all started to hate him throughout the rest of the episode, even though they all probably know that he came from the place where they indoctrinate people to not know anything about the Mu.
And what about Jomy himself? He's still questioning whether or not he's a Mu, even after he was literally able to understand what an animal was saying and break the glass surrounding it. He also still distrusts the people who saved him from having his memories erased and being killed by the humans for being a Mu. He was also able to send his thought waves to Soldier blue at the end of the episode and find him, yet he still says "I'm not a Mu."
>>
Forgot to ask in the OP:
will this anime get better or is it going to remain that way?
I don't like judging shows by just watching two episodes, but it feels like it's just trying to make Jomy into this Naruto-like character who is hated and distrusted by everyone, yet has incredible abilities.
>>
It does improve, and you get to see Jomy and a bunch of other characters grow up a lot. The focus on feelings and emotion never leaves and is actually an important theme throughout the series, but that's also one of its biggest flaws and one of the reasons it doesn't measure up to other space operas like LoGH or SDF Macross. IIRC it was originally written by a woman in the 70s or 80s and that influence really shows.

JET BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY
>>
The thing about Jomy's reaction is that he is getting mentally overwhelmed by all the thoughts. It's not about being rational, it's like suddenly going into a room full of people talking so loudly you can't think, and you can't get away from it. Like speakers blasting into your ears, but mentally. Secondly, Jomy is also dealing with denial. His whole world has been turned upside down, and he was even attacked by the system he was led to trust in since birth. Part of his denying that he is a Mu is because he doesn't -want- to be a Mu. Everything is jarring and shocking to him. He doesn't want to accept all these things that have happened. He's just a kid who wants to go home.

As for the Mu themselves, it was only the teen Mu that had issues with him right? The adults were worried about him.

As for Jomy, he will grow from this and eventually be similar to Blue. But it might not be your thing. Like the other anon said, emotions and feelings are very important in it. If you want heroes that are caring, selfless, and do what they can to bring peace through people understanding one another then keep watching. If you're not into that give it a miss.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.