[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evangelion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_o2sqq7wcUy1v0ysseo1_500.jpg (34KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2sqq7wcUy1v0ysseo1_500.jpg
34KB, 500x341px
Is he wrong, anon?
>>
You can't escape reality and if you avoid every little inconvenience you'll also keep yourself from experiencing good things.
>>
>>161088548
>implying there are good things for everyone
>>
>>161088548
>good things

The only good thing about reality is escaping from it.
>>
>>161088548

Fair trade. Fuck life.
>>
>>161088292
No
>>
>>161088292
if you can escape to it, it still exists in reality no matter how far removed from normal life it may seem, meaning so long as reality sucks anywhere you run to will also suck. This is shown again and again in the series, culminating in Shini not even being happy when experiencing god-like power to reshape his own perceptions within Instrumentality, because he doesn't know what he wants and in the meantime is continually mocked by what he imagines his friends would be saying, which is like 80% flat-out rejection of him. the ultimate barrier between happiness and himself is himself, which he takes with him wherever he runs
>>
>>161088548
I'm not going to be happy either way so why not avoid inconveniences?
>>
the whole point was that running away ended up sucking even more
>>
>>161088292
No
>>
>>161088292
Yes. You need to man up and be responsible member of society who works until his (preferably soon after retiring) death.
>>
>>161088292

Man up. Get a wagecuck job like everyone else. And stop being a crying faggot.
>>
>>161088292
No, he has to risk his life all the time so his going to be a little on edge.
>>
>>161088292
Yes.
>>
File: shoutinI.jpg (235KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shoutinI.jpg
235KB, 1440x1080px
>>161094607
That's Shinji's perspective, he was chanting he must not while everyone else was ready to let him go.
>>
We will never really know, OP.
>>
>>161088292
If you're not in a position to run away, then it's a bad idea. Your body needs food and shelter to stay alive.
>>
>>161088292
There's nothing particularly wrong with it, it's just pointless and practically impossible in the end.
>>
>>161088548
That's literally Stoicism
>>
>>161098966
How is that Stoicism? Confronting the inevitable reality is a little bit different than not making any complaints about it. In fact, you only have a right to complain once you have confronted something instead of fleeing from it. Therefore, the idea of confronting reality doesn't necessarily indicate stoicism. Running away isn't the only means of indicating that there's a problem, either. That's one of the reasons why Shinji's problems, essentially, were never really solved. At least, not until the very end.
>>
>>161099156
I meant not being able to enjoy things at the benefit of never feeling bad
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.