[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uchiage hanabi, shita kara miru ka? Yoko kara miru ka?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

First review out that I've seen from a Kadokawa advance screening.

>広瀬すずは最高でしたね。
>正直、劇場作品としては作画と美術しょっぱかった……。ぜんぜんスタッフロール読めなかったけど、新井浩一、梅津泰臣、浅野直之は確認できた。

Praising the feMC voice actor but the art and animation are weak for a feature film showing in theaters.
>>
>>161064335
>art and animation are weak for a feature film
Damn it Shaft, you had one fucking job.

Not really surprised. The music video for the theme song that they released a few days ago (which a assume was all scenes from the movie) had some choppy animation and ugly cgi.

I don't get why they didn't put enough effort into this though? They should've had enough of a budget for this. The Madoka movie proves they can draw fluid-looking high quality animation if they try.

Regardless, I'll end up watching it anyways. It's been confirmed to have a US theater release eventually, so we should probably get it by the end of the year.
>>
>>161064335
I mean, the original film was good. If they just cut it frame for frame it might be as good as the Shunji Iwai film.
>>
It's not as if anyone watches SHAFT stuff for their animation. Won't be surprised if it doesn't do well at all as a mainstream theatre production but who really cares about that. Some of the best anime films to have ever been made would be considered flops if compared to mainstream hits.
>>
>>161064335
That's to be expected from shaft
>>
>>161065149
>animation studio
>not watching it's products for animation
Really makes you think
>>
File: 1488243804789.jpg (774KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488243804789.jpg
774KB, 1080x1080px
>>161064685
But the original film was mediocre at most.
I have no idea who would go to the kino just to rewatch another mediocre remake of mediocre stuff.
>>
Well this movie is basically SHAFT's own Kimi no na wa, so i doubt it's any good.
>>
>>161069109
It's the same producer from Toho as the guy who setup Kimi no na Wa so I guess he was just going around getting people to make this kind of film. From what I remember reading meetings on this idea started as long as 5 years ago.
>>
>>161068904
It's almost as though things like direction and acting have a bigger impact on the quality of the product than how smoothly individual frames flow into the next.
>>
>>161069202
Animation is part of acting. That being said the whole point of SHAFTs style was always to make things visually interesting, through things like interesting directorial choices, while working with extremely limited animation. Which is what I meant when I said nobody watches SHAFT for the animation.
>>
>not providing anything
>/a/ eats it up
>>
>>161064335
>Japanese text
>doesn't say anthing about animations
>>
>>161069712
Well, it does.

It claims that top tier animators like Umetsu and Kouichi Arai were involved. Of course if the text is really about that movie - google doesn't provide me with anything in that regard.
>>
>>161064335
> 梅津泰臣
Looking forward to his cuts.
>>
>>161064660
> I don't get why they didn't put enough effort into this though?
It simply came at a bad time in the studio since pretty much everybody was busy already. Kubikiri Cycle, second Sangatsu no Lion, Owarimonogatari, Fate/Extra and Uchiage Hanabi. Too bad that the movie didn't take priority. It definitely should've sice it's a movie and directed by bloody Takeuchi.
>>
>>161064335
>the art and animation are weak for a feature film showing in theaters.
I know people would like to blame Shaft specifically, but this has been pretty common for anime films for some time. There's a lot of anime films that are indistinguishable from TV anime.
>>
>>161069774
Like the shitposters care.
>>
>text
>blabla voice actress
>a bunch of top class animators worked on it
>???
>OP claims animations are bad

Something is missing here.
>>
>>161069774
Pretty easy to find.
https://twitter.com/diecoo1025/status/896548692198424576
>>
>>161064335
>but the art and animation are weak
normalfags won't like it then
>>
>>161064335
>the art and animation are weak
I already knew that by the videos they put out though.
>>
>>161064335
>Uchiage hanabi, shita kara miru ka? Yoko kara miru ka?
Sounds like a SukaSuka spinoff.
>>
>>161070686
This guy seems like a fucking sperg otaku who thinks he isn't one.
>>
>>161070149
Common with mainstream trash yes, but Yuasa is here to raise standards.
>>
>>161069202
Well then if the animation doesn't matter than they should have just made a live action movie.

Oh wait.
>>
>>161064335
i've seen a completely opposite review tho

>試写会行ってきました!なずなの声以外は最高でした!
>ive been to the advance screening, >everything except feMC voice is so good!
>>
>>161077338
Most people are casual faggots and care only about muh suzu-chan's singing voice
>>
>>161065149
>It's not as if anyone watches SHAFT stuff for their animation
I do, it's a nice and different animation and it's good
>>
the music video is great https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tKVN2mAKRI
>>
>ストーリーは良かったと思う!
>ただ、CGの部分がすごい気になってしまった…。
Story is good, but the CG is distracting.

>打ち上げ花火は睡眠映画でした。
Uchiage hanabi puts you to sleep.

>原作の方が好きだけどよかったよ!結構原作からは変わっており劇場版アニメっぽくなっていた。
The original is better, but it was good. It changed quite a bit from the original and felt like an anime film (for a TV series).

>悪い方のgm。 これはやばい。 確実に炎上するでしょう。 映画終わって意味がわからないよと色んな所で聞こえましたとさ。
Trash in a bad way. It's bad. It'll go up in flames. I heard from a bunch of people that they didn't get the point of the movie after it ended.
>絵はシャフトで綺麗だし声優は豪華で歌も良かった。 それだけ。 内容がクソ。 細かく書く気力もない…。 ツッコミどころ多過ぎる。
(same person) The visuals are Shaft-like and pretty, the voice acting is gorgeous and the singing was good. But that's it. The content is shit. I don't even feel like commenting about it in detail. There are too many elements to point out.
>>
>>161077659
Looks like shit
>>
>声優良し歌良しなんだけど何故か感情移入出来ない。奥菜恵の実写は名作だったんだけどなぁ。
The voice actors were good, the singing was good, but for some reason I couldn't empathize with the characters. (lead actress) Sucks since Okina Megumi's live action version was a masterpiece.

>感想を言うと俳優と声優の違いがはっきりわかる作品だった。 映像、内容はまぁまぁ良かったかなぁ けど1回観て満足した。
To tell you my impression, it's very easy to tell the difference between actors and voice actors (seiyuu) in this. The visuals and content were alright, but seeing it once was enough for me.

>クソつまんなかったのだ。もう早く終わってくれーって思ったよ。菅田将暉、初声優だったのにー。
It was fucking boring. I kept thinking I wanted it to end faster. Too bad for Masaki Suda's first voice acting role.
>>
>>161078139
Meant that Okina Megumi is the lead actress in the live action version but forgot to move the parenthesis.
>>
File: 4412123444.png (912KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
4412123444.png
912KB, 1280x720px
>>161077659
not-senjougahara is cute
>>
>>161077659
>that fucking awful CGI
>awkward movements in 2d animation
>great
Posts like this one is how you know SHAFTfags are retarded or blind.
>>
File: 879651111.png (884KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
879651111.png
884KB, 1280x720px
>>161079143
>>
>>161079403
atleast its not this bad
>>
>>161079465
>he thinks I am a KyoAnifag
>he thinks a minor composition error is as bad as anything in that awful music video
Posts like this one is how you know SHAFTfags are retarded or blind.
>>
>>161079568
how about you showing an example instead of greentexting shit out of your ass?
>>
>いわゆるポスト・トゥルースの世界をどう生きるか、という問題意識が底流にある。そういう意味では、とてもアクチュアルだった。
It has an awareness of current issues as its undercurrent, about how to live in a world of so-called post-truth. In this way it is very actual.

>川村元気「新房さんのアイデアだと、「if」が起こるたびに世界がファンタジックになって、絵もどんどん漫画っぽくなっていくのはどうか、というのがすごく面白かった」
Kawamura Genki: "Shinbo's idea was to progressively make the world more fantastical and make the art look more and more like manga, it was very interesting." (not sure what "if" is but probably something happening in the movie which prompts the change)
>川村「新房さんは最初、キャラクターもマンガ的な絵になるのはどうか、というアイデアまで出してくれた。結果バランスは取りましたが、そこまでやったらアートフィルムとして面白かったかもしれません」
Kawamura: "At first, Shinbou expressed the idea of making the character art look more like manga. In the end we had to find a balance, but doing it this way might have been interesting as an art film."

>たしかに「if」をくり返すたびに世界はファンタジックに変化していくのだけれど(武内監督だからかちょっとウテナっぽい)、これは新房総監督のアイデアを採用するべきだった。川村元気の致命的な失態。
Indeed as it goes on the world transforms into something more fantastical (a bit Utena-like because of the director Takeuchi), but Shinbo's idea should have been used. This is Kawamura Genki's fatal mistake.

>なぜならば、新房総監督のアイデアをどおりなら、原作ドラマのアニメ化という範疇を超えて、原作すらも「if」の世界のひとつとして包含する構造をつくりだすことができたから。
The reason for that is because if Shinbou's idea had been implemented, the film would be able to surmount its status as an anime adaptation of a drama film, and the original work could be made up to be interpreted as another one of the "if" worlds.

>そこまでやってはじめて、あらゆるリアリティがありうる世界で、なにを信じ、なにを選ぶべきかという、本作のテーマを描き切ることができる。ストーリーテリングにたいして、ヴィジュアルが追いついていないのがすごくもったいない。
If we're to go that far, we can really depict the theme of the original work, of a world where many realities are possible, and where we do not know what we should believe in, what we should choose.
The fact that the visuals are not catching up to the storytelling is really a waste.

Then he praises Suzu like everyone else.
>>
File: QcCDakuW.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
QcCDakuW.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
So now that we know that Hanabi is officially shit, I think we can all agree that Yoru wa mijikashi aruke yo otome and Yoake tsugeru Lu no uta are the 2 best films of the year. Sasuga Yuasa-sama.
>>
>>161079568
It being a minor error is why it's so bad, how could they fuck up like that? Kyoanifags are retarded.
>>
>>161080000
>wasting quads on bait this shitty
Shame on you.
>>
>>161080171
It is objective truth, my boy. I've seen them, so I know.
>>
If even the people who went to the advanced screening are killing it then it really must be awful
>>
>>161080620
Seems just mediocre and inferior to the original.
>>
Weird how /a/ somehow things Japan taste is important. A couple years ago we were screaming "japan has shit taste because they like X Y Z"
>>
>>161085991
Lurk for 2 more years before posting, idiot.
>>
File: 48164694.png (181KB, 616x465px) Image search: [Google]
48164694.png
181KB, 616x465px
Good job Shaft
>>
>>161085991
because this will kill japan box office, make it a loss

still, since it's unrelated to any franchise I give a shit, whatever.
>>
File: 1181.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1181.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
>>161086162
Man I was looking forward to this as well.
>>
>>161086162
Oh no
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.