[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why have none of Mizukami Satoshi's works been adapted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

Why have none of Mizukami Satoshi's works been adapted into anime?
>>
>>161038510
Like for anything bad that's ever happened to anime, it's Imaishi and his retarded crew's fault.
>>
>>161038510
>hear how Spirit Circle's better than Biscuit Hammer
>the story is tight as fuck up until the last arc
>half the villain's dialog is expository magic technobabble
>he gets promptly defeated by an honest-to-god Deus ex machina
>the protagonists aren't shown to get together

Yo, what the fuck?
>>
>>161038510
Dunno
>>
>>161039327
The last few chapters we really the worst part about Spirit Circle.
>>
>>161038510
Satoshi is cursed to do good manga, but never get anime adaptation.
>>
Because adaptions are inferior 99% of the time.
>>
>>161039327
>Deus ex machina
no
>>
>>161043387
What else could you call it? Sure it was a plot point that had been set up in advance but it was literally just a random item thrown in by gods to help the MC win at the last second. How did the weapon even manifest itself in the MC's consciousness for use?
>>
File: shirou.jpg (10KB, 347x316px) Image search: [Google]
shirou.jpg
10KB, 347x316px
>>161038510
Which studio is suitable for adapting lucifer and biscuit hammer?
>>
>>161044458
>gods have been trying to stop fortuna throughout the entire series
>they succeed
wow
>>
>>161044797
The fuck? When exactly was the conflict between the Gods and Fortuna outlined and developed? The whole series was spent building up the three-pronged feud between Fortuna and the protagonists, a feud that was ultimately resolved by a third party. God have never entered the equation until then.
>>
>>161045673
Did you want it to end and just have the ghost never explained or even mentioned?
>>
>>161045954
>Ghost
You mean the "aliens" or Spacifica?
Of course we wanted an explanation for the alines but if the author couldn't find a satisfying way to include them in the story then they shouldn't have been included at all. The author could have easily changed the Spirit Circle to require 6 past life memories instead and just left that one out.
Spacifica could've been left out too if the author couldn't utilize him properly. Not like he did much anyway.
>>
>>161046152
>Not like he did much anyway.
>Literally the reason for the future life
>Which was literally what caused the lost age
>>
>>161045954
Spacifico was never explained either way. They theorized he was a manifestation of Earth's collective will or some shit, but that wasn't it. He also denied being a god, so we're left with jack diddly in lieu of answers, even after all that conundrum.
>>
>>161046565
>but that wasn't it

Wait, it wasn't? I don't remember any evidence being offered to the contrary, and Fortuna seems like the most knowledgeable on the subject here.
>>
>>161046650
Oh, yeah, it was Fortuna who's said it, wasn't? As far I remember it was never confirmed to be his true identity, so I just assumed he was of a higher station, since he was kicking it with the Gods. Maybe he was, though it's a moot point anyhow.
>>
>>161038510
Satoshi specifically blocks this for good reasons. He thinks that if his works get animes, then said animes will get butchered.

He's not wrong here since there is a number of shows that were butchered when they got adapted from manga into anime.
>>
File: 1291483760518.png (252KB, 717x533px) Image search: [Google]
1291483760518.png
252KB, 717x533px
Now that FLCL 2 is a thing, let's see how I.G. handles it and hope for a Biscuit Hammer adaptation.
>>
>>161038510
He's shit. seriously
>>
>>161047995
But why would they adapt it? There's nothing new to sell.
>>
>>161047773
No so much nowadays. Studios are more apt into working with authors.
>>
File: wtf2.jpg (201KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wtf2.jpg
201KB, 1920x1080px
>>161039327
>implying Biscuit hammer isnt asspull
Spirit circle is better altho its ending was its weakest part
>>
>>161048922
This.

It would be utterly forgetable. Half of the chapters midway in BH were just the same old shit happening again, untill the climax took place. It would make a typical 12ep mahou tenshi series that would end midway in the manga and never get to the nice stuff. I'm actually glad noone is taking it to anime.

On the other hand, Spirit Circle would do well with a sort of ona series or an actual movie, to sell the shole greater plot that made this series so devastatingly memorable.
>>
Netflix may be up to the task of funding an adaptation
>>
>>161047773
Actually, considering what Xebec did to Negima, at the time it was a good move.

I'd imagine today his adaptation would be done with justice and might find an audience, though.
>>
Honestly people may meme about Gainax doing Biscuit Hammer, but Madhouse would probably be a better studio. They'd manage to do the character stuff, which is the bulk of Biscuit Hammer's narrative, much better than old Gainax or Trigger could.
>>
File: munch munch.png (193KB, 411x455px) Image search: [Google]
munch munch.png
193KB, 411x455px
>>161038510
Bones should adapt all of his works desu
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.