[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's better? Execution or Creativity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 40

File: 1502512144575.jpg (155KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1502512144575.jpg
155KB, 1024x768px
What's better? Execution or Creativity?
>>
Execution. Always execution.
Creativity is basically just cancer. It requires proficiency to be kept in check.
>>
>>161033722

Funny because both those series have neither. The execution is by the books and people are currently just having their honeymoon phase with BnHA just like with Naruto and the chunin exams. I can promise you that BnHA will fall into the same trap of power creep and characters becoming nothing archetypal memes.
>>
File: FMA.jpg (629KB, 2000x1426px) Image search: [Google]
FMA.jpg
629KB, 2000x1426px
>>161033722
>What's better? Execution or Creativity?

Both.
>>
>>161034020

Who is that. That looks kinda lame.
>>
>>161034020
This, though I think that BnHA is actually good AS LONG AS it doesn't get the same power creep as Naruto. I think it's doing better mainly because it's got a more coherent plot and instead of "the same stuff but more powerful," most enemies (and heroes) are very different, and require more than brute force to be overcome
>>
>>161034170
I'm hopeful it doesn't with the presence of All Might.

You have a person that is from the start suppose to be the strongest man ever it brings a limiter towards the rest of the series and though there are the Noumu and All for One and Deku will eventually surpass him if they start introducing villain whose "more powerful than All Might" that's the cue to drop the series.
>>
>>161034942
There is one villain that's more powerful than All Might but that's only because of All Might's weakened state
>>
>>161035149
It's pretty much established that only One for All and All for One can defeat All Might at his peak.

If they start introducing quirks more powerful than that then that's when it will go full power creep. Maybe they can introduce quirks that are tricky even with AfO and OfA (illusions, ghost abilities, quirkless with keikaku, etc.) but they can't outright introduce a quirk that is outright better.
>>
>>161033722
Always execution.
>>
Execution

Critics might disagree but I'd rather have a generic series done well than a "creative" series that's complete shit.

especially if it's generic in a way that I like
>>
That's like asking if you'd choose your heart or lungs, they're both vital organs.
>>
One Piece > HxH
>>
>>161033722
GO
TO
BED
SASUKE FAG
>>
File: 397.jpg (63KB, 447x400px) Image search: [Google]
397.jpg
63KB, 447x400px
>>161033758
>Creativity is basically just cancer.
>>
>>161035540
cancer is literally when your cells decide to be creative.
>>
Most of the times creative isn't even creative. Hipsters describes uniqueness and creativity they're describing something that already happened in several series already. Then there are the series that ARE unique but are thrown away by said hipsters because they are in the wrong genre or they did a certain cliche they didn't like.

The value of execution is consistent you know when someone is actually putting in effort, writing well, and using their setting, characters, and tropes correctly, and if it's of a genre you like then it doesn't matter if it's taking from another work of the genre.
>>
Naruto is superior in both execution and creativity if you compare the first 180 or so first chapters of Naruto with the 180 or so published chapters of BnHA.
>>
>>161035911
Please elaborate
>>
File: busou renkin.jpg (38KB, 345x245px) Image search: [Google]
busou renkin.jpg
38KB, 345x245px
>>161033722
Are there any solid battle shounen that aren't a million episodes long?
>>
>>161033876
>characters becoming nothing archetypal memes

That's what they are already.
>>
>Naruto
>creativity
>when all the best parts are just taken from Hunter x Hunter
>>
>>161033876
I disagree given BnHA has made the cap pretty clear. It also has a much ebb and flow of scale. You'll have an arc on and an arc off.
>>
>>161035911
even then I think BnHA handled their shit better than Naruto, at least where the side characters are concerned

Naruto presented good ideas sporadically they had great side characters but after one arc they didn't use them that much focusing on Naruto (and eventually Sasuke)

In BnHA they make sure they expansive case of characters are given great focus so even if you don't like Deku and Bokugo there's still Ururaka, Froppy, Iida, Shogo, etc. where one is called Naruto and is focused on Naruto the other is about the Academy.
>>
>>161033722
fuck off narutards
>>
>>161035963
Well it's just better, the world is more deeply thought out, powers are better, characters are more likeable and generally aren't retarded or unlikable without reasons, and characters people care about actually die. Also the arcs don't repeat themselves.

Keep in mind I'm only talking about the first part of Naruto, because I think that if you compare a completed and lenghty manga with a currently running one you should compare an equivalent number of chapters.

Bnha does have better art, I guess, but people usually are indifferent about the artstyle in Naruto.
>>
>>161036145
Nen is completely different from Chakra (otherwise Gon would have the most nen)
Gon isn't an underdog
Rock Lee doesn't exist in HxH
Gon just wanted to find his father, Naruto wanted to be ninja president
Naruto believes humanity is good
>>
>>161033722
Naruto has better execution and creativity dumb BNHfag, thank god summer is almost over
>>
>>161035513
Kys Narufag
>>
>>161033722
>Naruto
>Creativity
o i am laffin
>>
How can something that's derivative and lazy be called well executed? Well executed garbage?
>>
Not purging Nurutu at sight is a mistake.
>>
>>161035273
you mean like they already did with Shinso's brainwashing and Stain's quirk? thats the unique part i like is that the characters still have to strategize and fight in unique ways even though they are technically more powerful
>>
>>161036148
BnHA arcs are really stupid. There're like 3 exam arcs. The villians're getting BTFO'd almost as fast as they're getting introduced and the one who isn't, is the most incompetent manchild autist of antagonist I've ever seen, yet he manages to escape every time. There's no internal logic connecting arcs together you could change the order in any way and lose almost nothing. I can believe people hype this shit up.
>>
>>161036892
yeah but then you would still have DBfags
>>
>>161036898
I like the fact that even villains have character arcs to them the fact that everyone is learning in some way.

also

>series literally called Academia
>mad at exam arcs
>>
>>161037001
Purge them all, it's not worth having them at all even if you read some of them. DBS, AoT, BnHA, HxH, and Nurutu should all fuck off.
>>
File: 1502495141672.jpg (63KB, 640x848px) Image search: [Google]
1502495141672.jpg
63KB, 640x848px
>>161033722
Never liked naruto as a kid or teenager
But i like bnha as an adult
so i guess execution
Naruto has more originality with abilities and story
But characters in bnha look more "alive" if that makes sense, so even if they are bitching about who ate the last piece of cake it makes its still more interesting to watch all around
Sure therw arw good and emotional scenes in naruto but nobody wants to watch 200 hundred episodes to find them
>>
Hero academia has better creativity.
Better execution, too

This is objectively true.
>>
>>161033722
so far?
naruto>Boku no Hero>Shipudden

I haven't tried Boruto yet. I really, really, like BnH at its highest points, and Naruto is riding on nostalgia waves.
>>
>>161037058
>I like the fact that even villains have character arcs to them the fact that everyone is learning in some way.
What was All for one's arc since he got rekt? Or Stain's? What did they learn from getting utterly BTFO'd by a bunch of high schoolers? The only one who has any character arc to speak of among the villains is Shiggy, but so far he has been a laughing stock and not a serious threat.

>mad at exam arcs
>I like to eat the same shit over and over again again.
>>
>>161037246
>The world where everyone has superpower
>original
Just as expected from BnHA shitter. I'm not even gonna start on the execution.
>>
>>161037424
Shiggy is growing the same way Deku is growing like Deku it's not as much as what he is but what he's going to be and since the guy did completely end the era of All Might he's not really as much as a laughing stock even now

exam arcs aren't shit and you should expect them from an series all about educating.
>>
>>161033722
Creativity is useless without the basics.
>>
>>161037121
This

Would be sad to not talk about BnHA here but the thread are too much and are full of fujos anyway.

purge them all
>>
>>161034170
it's not doing better, you're just a retarded bnhafag
>>
>>161035273
It's easy to forget, but quirks are a global phenomenom. For all we know, there might be a few more on the level of OfA and AfO. Although since both need lots of time to actually be as powerful as they are now, the chance of that is probably very slim.
Well I hope we at least get a glimpse of other countries at some time.
>>
>>161037576
>H-he's growing!
This is the same argument that people used to excuse how utterly shitty Darth Whatever was in SW7, it fooled no one then, it's fooling no one now.
>>
>>161033722

Naruto is easily one of the worst publications in the history of literature. It doesn't easily compare to other works.
>>
>>161037720
>Quirk are a global phenomenon
>Society is utterly unchanged and nothing about the setting would change if the vast majority of people were quirklesses.

Why even make it a point? Nothing change if only the 0.0001% have a quirk.
>>
>>161035595
Underrated
>>
File: katekyo-hitman-reborn.jpg (191KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
katekyo-hitman-reborn.jpg
191KB, 1440x900px
>>161037844

I will be the voice of reason here. The shittiest popular manga ever award should go to Reborn

Fucking cluster fuck of character / story line / fight system
>>
>>161037498
>No argument
You can believe what you want, but hero academia is infinitely better than a bunch of retarded "ninjas" running around doing jitsus in the corner.

This is objectively true, beaner. Naruto is shit, just like your opinions.
>>
>>161037963
Don't reply to me with retarded posts like this, underage.
>>
>>161035595
Nice
>>
Naruto is a HxH rip-off.
BnHA is a Naruto rip-off.
Both are kuso.
>>
>>161037720
Still my bottom line. If there was a quirk "more powerful than All Might" then it would've happened while at his peak.

Until then I'm not going to fall for any "powercreep" memes.
>>
>>161038060
K-on is a rip-off of SAO
Cowboy Bebop is a rip-off of Star wars
Evangelion is a rip off of Pokemon

see I can do it too
>>
>>161037498
Don't worry, Summer is almost over
>>
One day I will draw a manga to see how op I can make characters
>>
>>161037958
It had a lot of potential but I agree. Idk wtf was the author thinking.
>>
>>161038138
Literally everyone knows that Naruto is just a shittier HxH.
>>
>>161036898
>There're like 3 exam arcs
Yes, crazy that it actually takes the time to explore the Academia part of its title
>The villains're getting BTFO'd almost as fast as they're introduced and the one who isn't, the most incompetent manchild autist of an antagonist I've ever seen
Tomura is more competent than his manchild personality lets on. He's meant to be a beginner in the same vein as Deku. He's learning to be a successor as well.
>There's no internal logic connecting arcs together
Wut
>Introductory arc with basic exams
>Villains are introduced, mentor figure displays power and something to strive towards
>Major exam to economically introduce the supporting cast after getting glimpses of them later.
>Villain threat that's personal to the heroes, there is no mentor to bail them out this time
>Short exam that forces the well established main rivals to work together and build their relationship. This doesn't work unless Bakugou has already been fed humble pie in the Sports Festival
>Summer camp arc is DIRECTLY INFLUENCED BY THE STAIN ARC YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP WHY YOU LYING TO YOURSELF
>EXPANDING THE SCOPE OF THE WORLD BY INTRODUCING OTHER SCHOOLS, YOU COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS WITHOUT FIRST ESTABLISHING UA'S PUNCHING WEIGHT
>ACTUAL FIELD WORK AS HEROES FIGHTING VILLAINS NOW THAT THEY HAVE THEIR PROVISIONAL LICENSES AKA YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID
>>
>>161037246
The only thing Hero Academia doesnt have is creativity

Literally everything it does is generic, call it "play it safe" or " by the book" if you want but it is white bread as fuck
>>
Let's just agree that all battle shounen are garbage

HxH
One Piece
Jojo
Magi
FMA
Naruto
Boku no Hero Academia
Fist of the North Star
Bleach

all garbage and if you disagree you're an obnoxious fanboy and cancer to /a/
>>
>>161038159
You will never beat western comics who invented superman and the flash.
>>
>>161036115
Not really.
>>
>>161038342
or WN Isekai protags
or Xianxia novels
or Mandara
>>
>>161037713
t. narutard
>>
>>161038409
or Greek classical.
>>
The Naruto clone of this gen is Black Clover though.

>orphaned protag
>has an evil/demonic power that is unique and basically broken in universe.
>a powerup for the protag is a demonic form.
>powerups for other characters are bigger and flashier forms of magic.

At least with BnHA it didn't take such a generic route but one of the problems now is that the cast is just a little too big.
>>
>>161033722
If it has to be one or the other, it's execution, but gosh the best series always have both.
>>
>>161037891
>>Society is utterly unchanged and nothing about the setting would change if the vast majority of people were quirklesses.
>ignoring how society now has strict rules about using quirks
>ignoring the vigilante dynamic with heroes
>ignoring the how "symbol of peace" that is required to keep crime at a low
>ignoring all the world building and other hero training shows interact with UA
>ignoring the hero registry
>ignoring the hero firms

You clearly haven't seen the show if you're this retarded.
>>
File: confuse.jpg (9KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
confuse.jpg
9KB, 342x342px
>>161038409
Xianxia novels are actually pretty tame as far as powerlevel go

It is the comic shit that is retarded. I wonder how can comicfags stomach all that "LEL DIS GUISE DIED BUT BUT DIS GUISE FROM UNIVERSE#21312312839812938219 CAME AND REPLACE HIM BUT HE CAME BACK TO LIFE AND THIS TIME ISNT THE SAME AS THE TIME THAT GUISE CAME FROM UNIVERSE #12319894897892797 TO REPLACE HIM, BY THE WAY EVERYTHING RESET NOW SO IT DIDNT COUNT"
>>
>>161038677
*schools not shows
fuck
>>
>>161036898
>There're like 3 exam arcs
>Our Hero ACADEMIA
>>
>>161034020
This
>>
>>161038006
>get BTFO'ed
>can't handle bantz

Nigger
>>
>>161038336
Go back to /c/
>>
>>161036065

Scryed
>>
>>161038326
>He's meant to be a beginner in the same vein as Deku. He's learning to be a successor as well.

Who gives a fuck about an incompetent unlikeable villian with a stupid fucking reason for doing anything? One that managed to somehow fuck up dozens of opportunities.
One that the mangaka sacrifices dozens of his own far more interesting and marketable antagonists for.

Did you really want to see both OfA and AfO WASTED in an ultimately pointless(yet hype) fucking battle that had no build up and no real goddamned major consequences what so ever.
They did it to make shitty parallels between deku and handsy, Parallels that no one gives a fuck about.
>>
>>161038326
>Yes, crazy that it actually takes the time to explore the Academia part of its title
Again, if you like the same shit over and over again be my guest.

>Tomura is more competent than his manchild personality lets on. He's meant to be a beginner in the same vein as Deku. He's learning to be a successor as well.
He's objectively less competent than Staint and All for one yet he still runs rampant. It's fucking stupid and destroys any suspension of disbelief, oh wait the fact that a bunch of high schoolers fight with enemies a lot of real heroes have trouble dealing with already did that.

>the pitiful attempt to debunk the fact
The only arc's that couldn't be moved anywhere are introduction arc, villain introduction arc, which is the most retarded arc by far, and the last arc. All the others could be moved around with a several changes at most.
>>
File: Bakugou Stylin.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bakugou Stylin.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>>161038890
>Symbol of peace gone, and his illusion of invincibility shattered to the masses
>No consequences
Are you honestly retarded?
>>
>>161038255
I think he was pointing out that BnHA isn't really a Naruto ripoff just because the main goal of both series are similar and have to do with improving oneself. That's pretty much the only main basis for the comparison. Hell, BnHA even parodies Naruto by kinda implying Sasuke is a pussy for leaving when Bakugo is captured. That's the only real comparison for that argument .
>>
>>161033722
Execution. You can do almost anything with the right execution
>>
>>161039004
He probably is.
>>
>>161039013
The part with the kid at the training camp is 1 to 1 rip off of the part with the kid in the Wave contry.
>>
>>161036898
>the one who isn't, is the most incompetent manchild autist of antagonist I've ever seen, yet he manages to escape every time.
it's almost as if the incompetence and complacency of the heroes is a theme and plot point or something
>>
Naruto is for COMMUNISTS

Hero Academia is for FREEDOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WDwBgjbRT4
>>
>>161039077
How do you expect me to take this series siriously when a bunch of high schoolers are the most competent people around and the one of the most incompetent villains manages to escape every time?
>>
>>161038892
>the pitiful attempt to debunk the fact
You have no argument, only adjectives. Every arc follows the pattern of exam then villains. Each exam effects the growth of the characters and each villain arc practically applies that growth.

>oh wait the fact that a bunch of high schoolers fight with enemies a lot of real heroes have trouble dealing with already did that.
Stain had to go 3v1 against two prodigies and one All Might successor, and still almost one. The management of power levels in that fight was completely reasonable. Up until then Stain had only targeted single heroes. The only other villain with any pedigree to be taken down by a student was Muscular, who was a simpleton and Deku still barely won.

>>161038890
>Did you really want to see both OfA and AfO WASTED
The story isn't about them, it's about the passing of the torch. They are the old guard making way for the new. It did have consequences. The age of peace is at its end. All Might is retired. Major consequences don't always come in the way of death. The on screen deaths didn't even come until the current arc. This is how proper escalation of scale works in a story where the world building establishes that the next generation is to be eased into their roles as heroes. Rather than immediately turning everything into a game of life or death like Naruto.
>>
>>161038892
>Again, if you like the same shit over and over again be my guest.

The exam arcs aren't really the same shit over and over again though. There's different obstacles to conquer, different goals, and different themes throughout each. The first arc is meant to reflect Deku conquering his own self-doubt and shit self-confidence and what he can achieve by doing so, as seen by how he manages to actually succeed in the exam when he stopped getting worried about his points and instead did what he thought was right. The second arc has to do with Deku pursuing his own goals to improve himself and to be better than the rest of his peers instead of just being the shy loser he used to be. The third arc was a demonstration of how much each character has grown by putting them up against a foreign element (the other schools) rather than Deku's own development, as seen by how Kaminari and multiple other characters are forced to grow in order to keep up with their peers.
>>
>>161039004
That would matter if students dropped out, competent villians took up arms and made major moves and heroes stopped being heroes.
None of that shit happened.

Some incosequential faggot with a good design and decent premise stepped up but he's in the middle of being blown out by litteral who's and a couple of highschool kids.

But don't worry. Stain and his posse of retards are still around! Being fucking losers and one day ONE DAY will become worth the ink wasted on drawing them!
>>
>>161039330
*won
fuck me
>>
>>161039330
>The story isn't about them
And yet they are the most interesting hero and villian yet. Their story is more interesting.
How the the time of peace was achieved is more interesting.

They aren't proper successors because they fucking aren't doing anything except sucking shit and saying they want to be the next so and so.

I don't want to see a couple of fucking bumbling idiots fail to be exact copies of more interesting characters. I want to see these characters become more interesting in their own right and have those more interesting bad asses stick around and lend some help/tell them their experiences and be cool occasionally.

That's how you're supposed to do it.
>>
>>161039379
>competent villians took up arms and made major moves
Anon, the current arc is about competent villains taking up arms and making major moves. The previous one was about the students realizing how quickly they have to get their shit together and start heroing because there's no All Might. In fact Aizawa didn't expel 18/20 Class A students because he knew they would be needing heroes. All Might's fight with All for One was last year real time and a few weeks ago manga time.
>>
>>161039073
Not really, considering Deku's actions later on with the boy come to affect him later on rather than just being pushed under the rug like Naruto. Not to mention that the tension is way higher and also causes Deku to cripple his arms to the point where he might not be able to ever use them again if he puts too much pressure on them. There's actual conquences.

Also, while I admit that the arcs are vaguely similar, if you look closely at it, it really isn't.
>>
>>161039184
This
>>
>>161039223
>being this retarded
>>
>>161039184
there is a call from the XX xentury to you
>>
>>161039184

That's an incredibly dumb video.
>>
>>161039568
The boy is literally identical to that in Naruto. He hated heroes, because his parents death was connected to heroic activities. The main character comes and inspires him, by putting his life in danger. You should be really fucking delusional not see it.

>There's actual conquences.
LMAO
>>
>>161039502
that's not really an argument though. That's just you not paying attention and not actually analyzing BnHA. You're just pulling excuses out of your ass to try and justify your dislike of the series.
>>
>>161039525
Plague doctor has been doing what he's been doing for years apparently. The only move he's made is to get in contact with the "villians alliance" and proceed to get his shit blown out by a couple of low tier heroes and highschool freshmen.
>>
>>161039865
You're kinda just putting it in a broad sense though and missing the point of Deku inspiring the kid. Deku wants to be a hero BECAUSE he was inspired All Might. The event ties back to the main themes of the series and how Deku is trying to follow in All Might's footsteps.

Also, go back to plebbit.
>>
>>161039502
>I don't want to see a couple of fucking bumbling idiots fail to be exact copies of more interesting characters
A fundamental misunderstanding of the manga. Tomura and Deku can't become their predecessors and that's a part of their growth as characters. Your argument is flawed at its core because your mind is focused on a story that doesn't exist.

All Might's character arc is interesting. He didn't get to die the hero he was. He has to learn to be a better mentor because he's proven to be mediocre thus far, and now he no longer has the strength to lean back on. All Might is still a principal part of the cast and is now forced to grow as a person without OfA's power. Imagine knowing your death is coming and the ideal moment for it has already flown by. All for One is his foil as a mentor as well, having stepped out of Tomura's life believing the student must now learn to thrive without the teacher's protection. Their physical battle is over but their ideological one is just getting started. That's what makes this whole thing distinct. I don't want a story about All Might and All for One, because I understand that's not the point of the story being told. If there was constant exposition of All Might's past fights with him I might get where you're coming from.

The current arc is just as much about Tomura as it is Deku. They both must work with an prove themselves superior to a possible rival to the thrones groomed for them.
>>
File: gankutsuc3b46.gif (1MB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
gankutsuc3b46.gif
1MB, 500x283px
Creativity is nice so long is it's not overdone
>>
>>161040037
>You're kinda just putting it in a broad sense though
They're even look identical, what are you on about?
>Deku inspiring the kid
So did Naruto, they managed to get away form the bridge with thir lifes only because the kid who was inspired by Naruto in his turn inspired the whole village and came to the rescue.
>>
>>161040375
I'm saying that you're missing the point of the scene and not understanding the subtly of Hori's writing. There's a lot more tact and subtle aspects of it.
>>
File: naruto-1565195.jpg (175KB, 760x1200px) Image search: [Google]
naruto-1565195.jpg
175KB, 760x1200px
>>161040375

Not sure what he's not getting. Naruto wants to the ultimate hero/ninja and his motivation for it actually evolves.

>>161040464

No one can be this delusional.
>>
>>161040464
You're just delusional. BnHA isn't deep in any way, in fact Hori is a mediocre writer, but you can keep looking for pieces of food that weren't digested in a pile of shit.
>>
>>161040610
Ah fuck, you're right. I haven't read Naruto in a long time, so yeah. The scenes are similar, but I'd still say that the higher tension makes it...different in BnHA
>>
>>161040710
I admit that I was somewhat over analyzing it, but I'd still say Hori isn't a bad writer
>>
>>161037958
Never read reborn, is it somehow worse than fairy tail?
>>
>>161040874
Yes.
>>
>>161038255
but BnH has nothing to do with Naruto

Main character is actualy likeable, Rival is more Vegeta than sasuke
>>
>>161040874
It started as unfunny comedy series, the author was forced to change the genre to stay afloat. Nonesntial and reptetive writing ensues.
>>
File: KUBOOOO.png (480KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
KUBOOOO.png
480KB, 520x600px
When's /ourguy/ coming back?
>>
>>161041020
he is working on the movie?
>>
>>161035540
Imagine an anime about getting trapped in a videogame and, if you die in it, you die in real life.
That's a pretty good concepth, right? You just enjoyed the SAO concept. Shame on you. Execution is better.
>>
>>161040979
>Main character is actualy likeable
Yeah I wouldn't be saying that with such certainty.

Plus if the guy considers Naruto HxH rip off, it's not too far-fetched for him to say that BnHA is Naruto rip off.
>>
>>161041113
isnt HxH just YuYuhakushu but more gay?
>>
>>161041020
If FMA:Brotherhood, Inuyasha and now Hoshin Engi can have another anime adaptations made why not Bleach?
>>
>>161041217
I'd love to see TTYBW animated. A lot of pretty sweet fights happened in it. And Best Man Askin needs some animated love.
>>
>>161041217
>Hoshin Engi

Why though?
>>
>>161040979
>Main character is actualy likeable
Deku is the most annoying and faggot character in shonenshit.
>>
File: heroes dont lose.png (772KB, 836x769px) Image search: [Google]
heroes dont lose.png
772KB, 836x769px
Execution tends to always be better than creativity. You can write the most creative and imaginative story but if your writing is shit then it will taint the whole work.
Also nothing will ever come close to how good the hideout raid arc was. It was the only arc in the manga where I was fucking anticipating the next chapter.
I thought all might was gonna die for real. It would've been one of the best manga deaths I've seen in a long time if it happened.
>>
I like BnHA but the recent chapters are just one giant ADHD mess
>>
>>161033722
Wait which one is supposed to embody creativity here?
>>
File: file.png (650KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
650KB, 1280x720px
>>161041789
fuck you man.
>>
>>161033722
Execution every single time. Creativity is a nice cherry on top if everything else is there.
>>
>>161038138
>K-on
>SAO
SAO as in Sword Art Online? How are they even remotely similar? If anything, I'd compare SAO to fucking Gintama.
>>
>>161038336
End your worthless existence.
>>
>>161038813
Truly one of the finest shonen in existence. It truly deserves a Broterhood treatment.
>>
>>161033722
Execution. You can have a boring generic story and handle it so well that it ends up being great.
>>
>>161036065
Gash Bell, but only the manga

>>161038813
>>161044003
nice taste anons
>>
>>161033722
>Naruto
>Creativity
>>
>>161040374
that was a good anime, stupid ending though, how could they have finished off the count in such a ridiculous manner
Albert's love melted the cold heart of Gankutsuo? Causing the steel fragment he was impaled with to actually pierce his heart?Really?

Aside that I really liked it, I saw the anime instead of reading the book for a college class, the similarities were pretty spot on and I passed.
>>
BnHA is just less interesting than Naruto was.
>>
Posting a "everything is shit xD" thread.
>>
File: 1502450402326.png (311KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
1502450402326.png
311KB, 440x440px
>>161034170
>>161034170
>require more than brute force to be overcome
MC is LITERALLY "I'll punch you harder to win"
>>
File: Muscular.png (105KB, 272x500px) Image search: [Google]
Muscular.png
105KB, 272x500px
>>161049680
MC LITERALLY only used "iĀ“ll punch you harder to win" against pic related
>>
>>161033722
Fuck naruto is more creative madara is dead obito dead neji dead
>>
>>161050906
Mc always win never lose full of asspull
>>
>>161052017
dont forget 1000000%
>>
>>161041020
>our guy
fuck off bleach scum
>>
>>161052100
Yeah his power literally asspull and full nakama power
>>
>>161033722
Which is the "creativity" side?
>>
>>161033722
Where was the creativity in Naruto, exactly?
>>
File: _mainImg_hyoushi.jpg (146KB, 279x400px) Image search: [Google]
_mainImg_hyoushi.jpg
146KB, 279x400px
>>161033722
Jump dont want Creativity that why only generic shonen is sucess
>>
>>161034942
This is why having All Might fighting at 100% against Nomu so early was an excellent move. We get to see what the power ceiling of this universe is; and even Deku surpasses it, the author probably knows he can't take it much further than All Might without seeing his manga drop in popularity
>>
File: deid.jpg (303KB, 870x830px) Image search: [Google]
deid.jpg
303KB, 870x830px
>>161033722
nardo did both better, it's title character has a much more compelling reason for his goal while deku is just some whiny entitled retarded faggot who couldn't get over not being gifted and makes his mom cry because of it.

nardo also had much better character development, because he had to over come a lot more, and had much stronger and much more competent opponents. deku just gets the most powerful quirk by dumb chance and then his goal from there is to master it so he can become the most powerful hero.

I also don't get why bnhtards claim bnh has better characters when nardo had neji, shika, lee and gaara. sasuke and kakashi are also much better than bakugou and aizawa. Akatsuki, oro, zabuza and Itachi are much better anyone in bnh.

The big thing though is that nardo had much better fights.
>>
>>161052976
And much better end game villain
>>
File: 1489700888872.jpg (10KB, 285x298px) Image search: [Google]
1489700888872.jpg
10KB, 285x298px
>>161042006
>Also nothing will ever come close to how good the hideout raid arc was

I genuinely hope you're not implying it's the best shonen arc ever made
>>
>>161033722
BnHA, but it's a little unfair because it piggybacks off Naruto so much. A lot of scenes in BnHA are obvious subversions or parodies of Naruto.
>>
>>161033722
You need both
>>161033758
Creativity does not only refer to concept
>>
File: 7bfddda91e6dc19ccf9d2e91f83f3919.jpg (362KB, 1399x961px) Image search: [Google]
7bfddda91e6dc19ccf9d2e91f83f3919.jpg
362KB, 1399x961px
>>161033758
Creativity is basically just cancer.
>>
>>161053110
>>161053175
>>>/tv/
Keep your 3DPD shit off of /a/, cancer.
>>
>>161033758
fpbp
>>
File: images (4).jpg (31KB, 453x324px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
31KB, 453x324px
>>161053175
>>
File: 1468604952711.gif (4MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1468604952711.gif
4MB, 300x300px
>>161053187
you seem kind of upset.
>>
>>161052976
>while deku is just some whiny entitled retarded faggot who couldn't get over not being gifted
>gifted
>80% of the population has a quirk
Deku basically is disabled
>>
>>161053270
>u mad
Am I in 2006?
>>
File: anisotropic noises.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
anisotropic noises.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>161033758
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>161053320
>>
>>161036065
certainly not pic related
>>
>>161053116
BnHA tries to, but does them worse cause the mangaka doesn't know what he's doing and why he's doing it.
>>
>>
>>161038239
it's written by a woman
>>
>>161041105
That's not a good concept.
>>
>>161053527
>>
File: tochniot.png (2MB, 1417x2835px) Image search: [Google]
tochniot.png
2MB, 1417x2835px
>>161053187
>not being a gur veoach fan
>>
>>161053285
STFU samefagging bnhtard, even if deku got one, it would be shit like mom's, so it wouldn't make no difference towards his goal.
>>
File: Alchemy.jpg (225KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Alchemy.jpg
225KB, 1920x1080px
>>161034020
This.
>>
>>161033722
>>
>>161033722
Naruto is basically "All Japanese myths and fairy tails", so it's not creative in the slightest.

Fuck, Boku is more creative than Naruto.
>>
>>161053637
Or like his father or cobination of both
>>
>>161053712
>Ninja world vs hero world
Ninja world is more crative
>>
File: 1502499570149.jpg (71KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502499570149.jpg
71KB, 500x500px
>>161038336
>>
File: 1.jpg (39KB, 250x183px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
39KB, 250x183px
>>161053783
Naruto is literally just "Japanese heroes" combined with "Japanese fairy tales". Most of the most important characters in the franchise are basically thje equivalent of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" with the serial numbers filed off.
>>
File: naruto12.png (166KB, 964x1024px) Image search: [Google]
naruto12.png
166KB, 964x1024px
>>161053712
>>
Both are good but the most important thing is to execute your ideas in a creative way
Pic related
>>
>>161053901
Pretty much every power in the universe is directly based on previous Ninja fiction. Pretty much all the characters are based on Japanese folklore.

It's like calling RWBY the pinnacle of creativeness because it based huge swathes of its lore on the Brothers Grimm.
>>
>>161033722
Both are shit. The original Naruto had like 100 episodes of filler.
>>
>>161053901
>drawing a map means you're creative
What?
>>
File: 197ycb.jpg (75KB, 470x585px) Image search: [Google]
197ycb.jpg
75KB, 470x585px
>>161053953
>>
>>161039223
>high schoolers are the most competent people
>have to be saved by the grown ups every fucking arc

suuuure
>>
I can't wait for MHA to fuck up so people can stop talking about it.
>>
>>161035471
But both series have creativity and good execution, anon.
>>
>>161053816
>>161043647
>>161038859
>thread basically proves battle shounen are garbage
>get mad when I state the obvious
>>
>>161054314
One Piece is basically "DB on a boat" that's all it does and it does it well.

HxH is unique but lacks focus can't even stick to a genre most of the time.
>>
>>161053953
Dragon Ball didn't come up with most of its ideas but it executed them so well that it doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1406533119011.png (214KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1406533119011.png
214KB, 500x500px
>>161033722
can someone tell me how orochimaru got his arms back when sarutobi cut his soul arms? orochimaru transfers his soul to another body... and hmmmmmm his soul regenerates both arms?
>>
>>161054439
Because the plot
>>
>>161054429
HxH is basically "DB but gay"
>>
>>161054439
After Kishi decided he was going to make Tsunade competent, having a gimpy Orochimaru around would have ruined the pre-plot timeskip, since Kakashi was willing to fight Itachi and Kisami (making Akatsuki look like weak punks) while Kakashi was willing to shit himself in fear at the thought of fighting Orochimaru.

Naruto power scales be whack, yo.
>>
>>161054081
Nah, Vegeta cared, he just kept it to himself. Cried like a bitch when Freeza whooped his ass and was dying.
>>
File: suk.jpg (104KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
suk.jpg
104KB, 640x480px
>>161053719
nah, his was shit too. see pic
>>
>>161053599
It is true what they say. The system isn't broken, only the people who make it are dysfunctional.
>>
>>161054755
He cried like a bitch because he was losing to Freeza, he didn't care about anyone but himself. He scoffed at the idea of reviving Raditz and killed Nappa himself, he didn't give a shit about other Saiyans
>>
>>161041105
That's not that creative of a concept?
>>
>>161054967
Saiyans are such Neanderthal 3rd world niggers.
>>
Boku no pico academia is just anime flavor of the month that going to fade instantly just wait for it.
>>
>>161053901
Those are some really creative names.
>Wind country
>Earth country
>Tea country
>Land of bears
>>
>>161033722
execution
>>
>>161054429
>HxH is unique but lacks focus can't even stick to a genre most of the time.
So? In what way is this bad?
>>
File: IMG_3804.jpg (37KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3804.jpg
37KB, 400x400px
>>161054380
>>
>>161054582
>>161054723
so it was the 1st asspull on naruto
>>
File: 1502249708452.jpg (44KB, 340x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502249708452.jpg
44KB, 340x480px
>>161038336
>Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Stop right there faggot.
>>
>>161055043
bitch you just hate their sayian swagger
>>
>>161052017
He lost to Todoroki though
>>
>>161033758
What the fuck
>>
One Piece.
>>
>>161052017
everytime He wins he cripples himself
other than that he just straight up loses
>>
File: WAT.png (431KB, 870x756px) Image search: [Google]
WAT.png
431KB, 870x756px
>>161041217
Hiromu Arakawa could have done so much more with FMA's Universe. I'd kill for something that's not shit.
>>
>>161054429
>can't even stick to a genre most of the time
The story goes from Tournament Arc, to Mafia Thriller, to Isekai, to Invasion of the Giant Ants. I dunno about you, but I couldn't ask for more from an adventure series.
>>
>>161052976
>nardo overcoming things
bitch. He was the chosen one, descendant from the Rikudo Senin and the fucking rencarnation of Asura.
Even if he was a child without legs the plot would have carried out the same way it did.

>much stronger and competent oponents
while you are actually right in this one. The VA of bnha are full of retards because the villians are also a bunch of idiots who are trying to learn what being villian is. In Fact, that is Shigaraki's character arc.

>deku just gets the most powerful quirk by dumb chance
Yeah. You only forgot to mention that Deku is physically incapable to wield OFA full power without crippling himself. And Oh. I'm sorry. Did you forgot who Kurama was? you know. That 9 tailed-fox looking motherfucker?

>donĀ“t get why bnh has better characters
nobody has said that. They just say that bnha has good characters that are something more than being "edgy" and "cool"
>>
File: 1501827333623.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501827333623.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>161060501
He was the chosen one
>"What type of ridiculous power can I give him and how should I insert it for these idiots"
>"Oh shit I'll just say he's the chosen one"
Every time
>>
>>161033758
>Execution. Always execution.
Yes
>Creativity is basically just cancer
what
>>
>>161033876
not just both those series, everything ever have neither.
>>
>>161062456
this
Thread posts: 221
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.