[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One Piece: Dressrosa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: Dressrosa_Arc.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dressrosa_Arc.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Why was Dressrosa so shit? At first I just thought it was fatigue from reading for so long, but WCI has had me on the edge of my seat this whole time. What killed this arc and ruined the climax for one of the most anticipated villains in OP?
>>
>>161011459
Too many characters no one gave a shit about hogging all the screentime.
>>
>>161011459
The excessively long introduction of a bunch of characters you don't care about and their fight scenes. Also, Rebecca's story was so cliche and uninteresting her character just ended up being annoying.
>>
>>161011459
>>161011551
Rebecca is the worst character in the entirety of OP and it felt completely forced for the SH to give 2 shits about her
>>
>>161011459
It dragged on way too much. How many times was Law almost/about to be killed by Doflamingo anyway?
>>
>>161011459
Piss off Juan Piss fags
>>
>>161011459
That's because you have shit taste,WCI had been the worst arc in One Piece so far.

>>161011630
That would be Pudding,at the very least in terms of writting.
>>
>>161011459
They fucked up Doffy so bad. Nigga had so much build up. He showed up back around chpt 100 or so and had been in the background ever since. Turns out hes just kaidos bitch with some shitty sappy backstory that tries to shoehorn in another message from oda.
>guuhhh the elite rich are bad
>durrr racism is bad!!!
This shit ruined FMI as well.
>>
>>161011459
I actually liked It, but it would be much better without useless Rebecca and crew
>>
>>161012231
elaborate
>>
>>161011630
>>161012231
Don't you mean Momo? Now that's a character I don't understand why Luffy gives a shit about him. Holy shit I hate him so much. Even more than Rebecca because with this bitch at least I know I won't see any more of her but with Momo that is not the case.
>>
>>161011718
>Law fights Fujitora and Doflamingo on that Green island (mainly off-screen)
>fight is interrupted
>Law fights Doflamingo on the bridge (mainly off-screen)
>Law loses and gets shot up
>some other shit happens
>Law and Luffy fight Doflamingo on top of the castle

Unlike Alabasta, where Luffy's three run-ins with Crocodile each had their own gimmick and showed a sense of progress (in the desert, Croc has a natural advantage and mercs Luffy easily, in front of the palace Luffy has his water tank to counter croc but still falls short, underground luffy uses his own blood and croc can't escape the ass-beating this time), Law's first two fights with Doflamingo may as well not have happened. We didn't see anything interesting out of them, and there wasn't anything he "learned" from the first two that he applied in the last one.
>>
Wano is gonna shit too. Generally, in One Piece, more hype = more shittier arc.
>>
There was so much shit that made it drag on unnecessarily
>the gladiator tournament
much longer than it should have been
>Rebecca
weak bitch that blueballed people into expecting she was the next SH with her sad backstory, then really proved to be worthless with her crying fits and not even getting a trademark One Piece asspull power up to not be fucking useless.
>Law
Pumped full of bullets then he's just like lol imma pretend sleep it off and not bleed to death. His flashback didn't need as much elaboration as it got unless he was actually gonna die, it should have been no longer than 2 chapters.
>Pica
Multiple chapters of Zoro just running and pointlessly cutting his shit. Honestly this guy might as well be non-canon filler.
>Bellamy
Did we really need to see this guy again just to know how much a piece of shit Doffy was? No
>>
>>161013397
>>161011459
>most anticipated
>hype
I dunno, for me I was surprised and a little annoyed Doflamingo got made out to be as strong and important as he was. It's kinda bullshit that a dude whose entire gimmick is being a puppeteer can still have that high combat ability 1v1, he makes the rest of the shichibukai look like fucking jokes. Plus he's arguably more influential than the admirals, with the kind of sway he has over the WG and the New World.

I just always pictured him as some little bitch who'd have a one-off arc where Luffy wrecks his shit, not a chinese bootleg version of Alabasta, but with 20 random jackoffs running around wasting so much screen time Oda had to send half the crew away because he didn't have anything for them to do.
>>
>>161013278
Law's first fights against Doflamingo already served as both reunion and exposition. It was during these fights that we learned about Doffy being a celestial dragon. It also served to establish Doffy's power.
Though I agree, it would have been much better if only Law had gained some intel on his power that he could have shared with Luffy. But then again, it wouldn't have made much sense. After all, Law lived with Doffy for years, he knew pretty much everything already. He just didn't care to give the intel in advance.
>>
One Piece alternates between shit arcs and decent arcs. Arabasta (good) -> Skypiea (shit) -> Enies Lobby (good) -> Thriller Bark (shit) etc
>>
>>161013621
I would've liked if the gladiator tournament was the main focus honestly. It was all the stuff about the dwarves and toys, and then the whole "climb up the palace but then get knocked down and have to climb back up, also 2 chapters of people just pushing against a wall" that ruined it for me.
>>
File: are you fucking kidding me.jpg (51KB, 460x482px) Image search: [Google]
are you fucking kidding me.jpg
51KB, 460x482px
>>161013796
>Skypiea (shit)
>>
>>161011459
It was great, you faggot. The only thing wrong with it was all that running and traditional separation.
>>
what bugged me the most was that Franky's fight with Senior Pink took an entire calendar year to resolve. Just take all the panels that consisted of that fight and throw them together in a row, what was the point of interrupting it so much?

I miss when people besides Luffy would get an entire chapter solely dedicated to a single 1v1 fight, without other assholes breaking it up or cutting away from the action, then coming back just in time for the finishing blow.

I think the last such chapter was Zoro vs Ryuuma.
>>
Oda's editors are forcing him to cut out characters for Wano so Wano will probably be as bloated with unnecessary characters as Dressrosa.
>>
It was way longer than it needed to be and all the sub characters were absolute dog shit. Rebecca could have easily been cut and nothing of value would have been lost other than golden gladiator bikini fan service. It was alabasta but with the shit dialed up to 11.
>>
>>161014152
>cut out characters for wano
what does this even mean? and what's your source?
>>
>>161014104
ironically Franky vs Senor Pink was probably one of the best fights in the arc
>>
>>161014892
Not ironaically it was the best fight. Shame it was done so half assed and piecemeal because of the 1200 other unimportant shit going on during it. The only interesting thing to come out doflamingo fight is that devil fruit powers can go level 2 which opens up more luffy doing goofy shit in the future.
>>
Law is a Gary Stu desu. The whole Law and Doflamingo backstory was not interesting.
>>
>>161015001
Ironic in the sense that I complained about it, but it still ended up the best fight. Which speaks to how bad the rest of the fights were.

I think there's a good arc hiding in Dressrosa, but it's buried under 50 chapters of bullshit. And that bullshit isn't a single chunk in the middle or anything, it's just interposed throughout, messing up what could have been good.
>>
File: doflaw strong.png (318KB, 795x1150px) Image search: [Google]
doflaw strong.png
318KB, 795x1150px
>>161015114
Excuse you it was my favourite part of Dressrosa.
>>
am I the only one who thinks turning the environment into thread-tendrils is retarded, and I don't like the implication that Luffy will eventually create a big bounce-house to fight people in?

It also reminds me of FMA's generic "summon a pillar of stone to stab at someone" attacks that everybody did
>>
>>161011551
Oda has a big issue with adding 50 characters no one will care about within an arc. At least arcs like Enies Lobby had a certain amount of villains introduced and focused around those basic villains. Reading Big Mom's arc, I don't remember three quarters of the character besides ones like Dogtooth. Brulee, and Pudding.
>>
>>161015569
His power was string not much you can do to make that look cool. Even his sky walk and clones were pushing it. If anything his awakening should have been an army of string clones or something. The stringfication of the environment gives him unlimited ammo I guess but that fight was so shit I just wanted it to end. Luffy turning shit to rubber could be cool but given how all his fights have been win by getting angrier I doubt anything good will come from it.
>>
>>161015735
using it as razor wire was plenty cool, he could've done stuff like swing objects around (Luffy thinks it's telekinesis at first, until he cuts a wire and figures it out), or manipulate someone else like Zoro or Sanji to fight Luffy instead, or maybe he makes Nami keep diving in front of him so Luffy has to pull his attacks up short to avoid hitting her. Anything but a generic slugfest.

Doflamingo's moveset in the actual manga feels like a bullshit made-up moveset for a fighting game. And why is that nigga so durable, anyway?
>>
>>161011459

It's just a reskinned alabasta arc that is much, much worse. Alabasta was hype because that was the first time Luffy faced off against a shichibukai and Crocodile inflicted more damage than any antagonist after him. He impaled Luffy the first time and succ'd all the water out of luffy's body the second time.

Dressrosa was a what if scenario, if crocodile had successfully taken control of alabasta. But it certainly doesn't help that Doflamingo lacked everything that made Crocodile good as an antagonist. Doflamingo could basically be summed up as a man child that didn't get what he wanted. The more Oda showed of him, the worse he made him. People only hyped him up because "much epic marineford speech."

I've come to accept the fact that we'll never get pre timeskip level of quality from OP ever again. Don't tell me WCI is a good arc when half of this garbage arc was Sanji going full retard when he should've trusted Luffy from the beginning.

I really hope wano lives up to the hype.
>>
Oda creates a character as OP as Law and having him job to someone like Donflamingo is was I hated the most out of the arc
>>
>>161012235
>some shitty sappy backstory
You realize the point of Doffy's backstory was that despite it, Rocinante came out okay while Doffy was a cunt, right? That it was an internal issue with Doffy that created who he became.
>>
>>161013917
I don't see anything wrong with what anon said.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.