[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people still put up with this series? Has there been a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

File: 7UdJD.jpg (541KB, 1519x1100px) Image search: [Google]
7UdJD.jpg
541KB, 1519x1100px
Why do people still put up with this series? Has there been a bigger fall from grace than this manga? You at one point had, arguably, the greatest manga of all time yet after the golden age it progressively got worse. It was still great during the conviction arc, and solid during the Millennium Falcon arc, but flaws started creeping up and becoming more apparent culminating in Fantasia which seems to be the nadir of the series. The plot has been protracted for decades and most people are just exhausted and have given hope on the series ever being completed. Even Togashi seems to be progressing towards something and the manga is better than ever in HxH, which is the exact opposite for Berserk.

It seems like Berserk is one of those series that people fall in love with and get super emotional about, but frankly Miura doesn't deserve loyalty. The last time Berserk was in it's prime was in the early 00s (and I'm being generous), to put it into perspective, most artists hit a peak and fall off. Miura's prime has come and gone. It's like expecting a band to shit out a classic album 15 years after they fell off. And Miura certainly isn't getting better like Araki or Togashi, so why does he get a pass? Is it just cause everyone loves Guts and the Golden age is everyone's favorite arc?
>>
>Berserk ever being a top manga
Lmao read more stuff faggot
>>
File: 3ac.jpg (30KB, 1068x701px) Image search: [Google]
3ac.jpg
30KB, 1068x701px
>>160990451
The Golden age is better than any part in JoJo, matsumoto (Jiro and Taiyu) manga, AnJ, LW&C, any Asano series, better than any Inoue series, Farmland Saga, YKK, Blame!, Eden, 7 Seeds, BoTI, Dorohedoro, Golden Kamuy, One Piece at its peak, KKH, any Fukumoto series, Akira, Nausicaa, TWIM, Bokurano, Gunnm.

It was by far the best manga I've read if we just isolate it in it's prime and the only thing I prefer over it are some western comics.
>>
File: 024.jpg (138KB, 799x1157px) Image search: [Google]
024.jpg
138KB, 799x1157px
>>160990829
but can it end?
>>
>>160991560
Berserk? No, Miura will die before it's close to being finished. And if we take everything into account then Berserk wouldn't even be in my top 10 favorite series.

It still makes me sad at the wasted potential of the series. Just imagining how good it could be if Miura was still motivated and actually did the Godhand flashbacks like he planned to. But with him outsourcing Grunbeld's origin, it's clear as a bell he doesn't give a fuck anymore.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.