[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FLCL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: FLCL.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FLCL.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
Serious question time, /a/.

I can't tell you how many times I have re-watched this show, but even after a decade or so there is one thing I've never been able to figure out. I know its futile to try to actually discuss anime on this board, but what the hell... maybe somebody here will be able to help me out. Here goes:

Did Kamon fuck Mamimi? I'm totally serious, here. Or at least make a move on her? Because I can see him being enough of a scumbag and her being sufficiently desperate. This is more than natural curiosity regarding whether or not he managed to score himself some 17-y.o. runaway child-molester arsonist pussy; it's obvious that if anything happened it didn't/couldn't work out, but there had to be something there, otherwise Naota's jealousy in ep. 4 doesn't fully make sense to me.
>>
Have they even been on screen together once?
Wasn't he jelous/angry because she just viewed him as a kid.
>>
File: flcl weird.png (72KB, 386x228px) Image search: [Google]
flcl weird.png
72KB, 386x228px
there's literally nothing indicating this. naota's jealousy is obviously in relation to kamon's cavorting with haruko

here's a thing that is a little ambiguous: is the figure sneaking up behind naota during this scene in ep 4 meant to be mamimi?
>>
>>160936843
>Naota's jealousy in ep. 4
But that was about Haruko
>>
>>160936843
I think you are confused as to the source of Naota's jealousy.
>>
>>160937175
I'm certain that's Mamimi. Pretty sure she's not actually physically present though.
>>
>>160937450
I think it's showing that naota, on some level, thinks of mamimi as predatory
>>
>>160936843
No. Kamon is fucking Haruko.
Or, Kamon-bot is.
Or both did

>>160937788
>I think it's showing that naota, on some level, thinks of mamimi as predatory
Generally speaking a 17 year old high schooler molesting a 12 year old is considered a little predatory
>>
>>160937175
>>160937244

But, anons, Haruko doesn't exist. She isn't real. (She literally tells you so, herself.)

FLCL is the story of Nandaba Naota, his brother Tasuke, and his brother's girlfriend, Mamimi. Everything else is absurdist allegory.
>>
>>160938133
>But, anons, Haruko doesn't exist. She isn't real. (She literally tells you so, herself.)
Interested to hear the line for this. All I remember her saying about her origins is that she's an alien space patrol officer.
>>
>>160938069
>Generally speaking a 17 year old high schooler molesting a 12 year old is considered a little predatory

its weird because she's so cuddly and sympathetic that her predatory nature is almost forgotten, though. that scene sort points it out, even though it doesn't "actually" happen. it implies that naota is a bit scared of her
>>
>>160938182
he's probably referring to the bit where she refers to herself as "an illusion, a manifestation of the feeling in your adolescent heart" (or something along those lines)
>>
>>160938278
To be fair, compared to Haruko's behavior Mamimi basically is just a dopey cuddly cat.
>>
>>160938336
That's the one.

Think about it for a little bit. Or better yet, rewatch the show (it's only 6 episodes). It's possible to entirely filter out all the fantasy stuff from the depressing real life stuff. Naota's relationship with Haruko and Atomosk is a mirror of his relationship with [Mamimi and Tasuke. The only difficult part is trying to determine how literal the parallel is.
>>
>>160938133
But the jealousy was still directed at Haruko.
Even if you consider Haruko to not be real, that wouldn't invalidate the events of the episode, as the whole plot ended up being that it was a misunderstanding anyway and nothing was happening between Haruko and Kamon.
The thematic progress in the episode involved Naoto having doubts about Haruko, (his "ideal" woman as he begins puberty) because as an older and more experienced woman, he fears that she would prefer a more grown-up person as a romantic partner as opposed to him.
>>
why did haruko make a robot version of kamon?
>>
>>160938642
>Haruko and Atomosk is a mirror of his relationship with Mamimi and Tasuke
That's a neat catch, but I really don't think it's anything more than a surface-deep parallel, especially because it's an important revelation later on that Haruko isn't romantically interested in Atomsk at all - that was just a misunderstand on Amarao's part.
And Mamimi wasn't even particularly attatched to Tasuke, she was just hopelessly chasing the desire to be needed by someone, which is why she clings to Naota and then later the dog-like robot core. She just wants to feel like someone in this world actually wants her around, and Tasuke finding a girlfriend in America only pushes her further into that desperate and depressive mindset.
>>
>>160938869
To get a chin-bristle massage, of course.
>>
>>160938950
quality scene
>You're all sweaty, you could at least change out of your uniform
>And yours isn't sweaty at all, wonder why
>>
>>160938736
Yeah, I've considered this - i.e., that is was mostly or entirely in his head. It's highly plausible, actually. Probable, even. Naota is jealous of his father's "adulthood" even as he resents what he sees as his childish behavior. It's about capacity. Then again, I've never been able to fully dismiss the possibility of something happening, even if it never actually went anywhere. Naota isn't the only, ta-kun, after all. (He's just the only one that worked - that was safe... at least up until he decided to "swing the bat")

Three possibilities:
1) It's all in Naota's head. He's jealous of Kamon's adulthood and sees him as a threat to his relationship with Samejima, even though there isn't anything there.

2)Kamon is being a creep, and has expressed less than wholesome intentions regarding Samejima. Any relationship is one-sided, but that his more than enough to be threatening and inspire jealousy.

3) There was something there, even if it didn't actually end up going anywhere. Samejima is absolutely desperate to find a surrogate Tasuke. If she's willing to go so far as to molest the younger brother, then its plausible she might at least be open to the father, even though its obvious that would never work in the long run.

Whatever the case, it was always my impression that Naota was extraordinarily uncomfortable with the idea of Kamon and Samejima being alone together. There's something about the way he flips out in the first episode when he finds out she stopped by the bakery when while he was asleep.
>>
>>160938869
To fuck with Naota probably. Chin bristle massage is a nice bonus.
>>
>>160936843
What could have possibly led you to this end? Do the two even directly interact a single time in the series?
>>
>>160939517
nah I think you're taking a massive leap there

naota's reaction to mamimi's night visit is more sympathy for the fact that she has resorted to asking for leftover bread crust for food, since she's poor and all.
>>
>>160938918
>That's a neat catch, but I really don't think it's anything more than a surface-deep parallel,
Again, it's difficult to tell just how far to take the parallel. Some shit is clearly not meant to be correlated 1:1.
>especially because it's an important revelation later on that Haruko isn't romantically interested in Atomsk at all - that was just a misunderstand on Amarao's part.
I'm not entirely convinced it was; relationships are complicated. She can be in love with him and still want to eat him.
>And Mamimi wasn't even particularly attatched to Tasuke, she was just hopelessly chasing the desire to be needed by someone, which is why she clings to Naota and then later the dog-like robot core. She just wants to feel like someone in this world actually wants her around, and Tasuke finding a girlfriend in America only pushes her further into that desperate and depressive mindset.
Here I'm don't agree with you. Tasuke, and specifically Tasuke, was a way more than a boyfriend. She idolized him - he literally saved her from dying in that fire (still not clear to me if that was a straight up suicide attempt or not). In doing so he become her angel, and she believes he will save her from her shitty life as well. If "anyone" would do as a surrogate, she wouldn't be with his 12 y.o. brother.
>>
>>160939590
I firmly believe that Haruko, and all the MM/Atomsk BS, doesn't actually exist..
>>
>>160939909
I think it's very dubious to assume that Mamimi started that fire, the one Tasuku "saved her" from. She was a little girl. I think her pyromaniac tendencies started up after he left
>>
>>160939729
That's certainly possible. I mean, that's clearly part of it.
>>
>>160940019
none of it exists, it's fiction
>>
>>160940058
That's possible, too. Though her setting it would not be improbable. She was what, a fifth grader? That's old enough.
>>
>>160940122
I mean at a diegetic level, silly.
>>
>>160940456
I know but it's not worth making the distinction, especially in FLCL
>>
>>160940571
To me FLCL would be much more boring if it was one of those "it's all in X's head" things that westerners seem to want to force onto every show.
>>
>>160941312
Yeah it's an exceptionally boring idea that doesn't add anything. Haruko still represents adolescent fantasy, regardless of whether or not she's "in a certain character's head", so why bother?
>>
>>160941557
"In his head" isn't the right description; he's not hallucinating. It's theater of the absurd.
>>
>>160940058
The manga is decidedly different, but in it she started the fire because of bullying.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.