[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just watched episode 1 of FLCL and it was extremely hard to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: flcl.jpg (841KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
flcl.jpg
841KB, 1600x900px
I just watched episode 1 of FLCL and it was extremely hard to sit through. Does it get better? Is the first episode just really bad compared to the others? Because this was just random for the sake of random nonsense with zero likable characters.
I can't imagine this is a classic for other than the reason that it's fucking insane but that's it. Absolute drivel.
>>
its one of the best animes ever made so yes
>>
>>160934760
It's not my fault you're retarded, OP. The plot isn't even complicated, you have to be literally braindead or not paying attention to not understand FLCL. I personally found FLCL to be mediocre and I understood it.
>>
>>160934760
No, it's basically like that the whole way through.
>>
Lurk more.
>>
File: 1-18.png (169KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1-18.png
169KB, 640x480px
>>160934953
>anyone who doesn't like FLCL is new
>>
>>160935062
maybe not but they are plebs
>>
>>160935062
if you dont like FLCL you are just a dumb fag
>>
File: flcl 30.jpg (159KB, 1024x644px) Image search: [Google]
flcl 30.jpg
159KB, 1024x644px
its GOAT keep watching OP

all the characters in FLCL are great but it doesn't follow that they have to be "likable". they're all odd and flawed
>>
File: aho.png (753KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
aho.png
753KB, 1366x768px
>>160934760
>Because this was just random for the sake of random nonsense with zero likable characters.
>>160934760
Moron.
>>
>>160934760
It's shit. New season looks pretty promising tho.
>>
>>160934760
Look, anon, if you didn't like the first episode then you should probably just stop watching; It's not going to get any "better" - it's hard to improve on perfection.

If you don't like the characters, there isn't much I can say regarding your personal opinion. But you're wrong about one thing: it's not "random." This isn't Nichijou (which is great, BTW.);there are no non sequiturs in FLCL. It's very tightly paced and directed and everything has a purpose.

The problem is that it's difficult to understand what happening beyond the basic themes the first time around. You'll probably need to go back and watch it a second time to fully appreciate what you are seeing. If you aren't OK with that - with things not being immediately clear on first viewing - then this isn't the anime for you.
>>
I'm legitimately worried about not being able to identify with the new season's direction. I was Takkun's age when FLCL was made so I loved it. I'm afraid that I'm too detached from the culture they're going for now.
>>
>>160936101
>Being this deluded
>>
>>160937468
I don't identify with smart and popular teenage high school girls but I still liked Kare Kano
>>
>>160937504
>>160934760
>Having this shit tier of taste
FLCL tells more in six episodes than most animes would if they got a third season.
>>
>>160934760
If you think FLCL is random you're a brainlet.
>>
>>160934760
OP, you need a better brain.
>>
>>160934760
Go and watch some shit animes if you don't like FLCL
>>
I will say that the first episode is definitely the weakest. In fact I'd say they're from worst to best in order, though I like episode 5 more than episode 6.
>>
>>160934760
7/10 show, nothing more.
>>
>>160934760
The oav? its not getting much better, but it does get a bit more into everything across the 6 episodes, but lol random is a fairly big part of it.

look at the manga its based off of and fucking hell, its shocking something as good as the oav came out of that dumpster fire.

That said, I still love flcl, but watched it so many times I cant bring myself to do it again.
>>
>>160937969
no, it tells shockingly little, with a bit of a story for each episode that is thin as fuck at best.

You can either roll with it, or you can't, those are the options you have.
>>
>>160943561
>Story is the only thing a show tells
I feel sorry for brainlets
>>
>>160944021
without looking up anything, tell me why the show happened, not the overarching shit that plot which has some modicum of consistency that is explained in the last episode, though poorly, tell me why each episode happened and why it was a thing.

the anime goes out of its way to make a real ending to a manga that was shit, I just looked it up, my mistake, apparently flc had a manga and oav happen concurrently, by the production house, but at least the anime has something going for it unlike the manga. The only place for flcl to go with only the original anime and manga to go on is a completely shit direction, but I haven't read the novels so there may be something good in there that never made it to anime or manga.

oh, and bonus points if you don't use anything that screams 'we looked into this way to deep' as its all bullshit.
>>
>>160944640
Is that even fucking english? Stop expecting other people to spoonfeed you just because you're retarded.
>>
>>160943510
It's not based on the manga. It's the other way around.
>>
>>160948601
yea, after looking it up for the second post, they made an anime that's good but no one can justify the story, they made a manga dumpster fire, and 3 novels at the same time.
>>
>>160934760
just shut up man
>>
>>160935222
Trips confirms
>>
>>160946849
yes, i'm the retard here because you couldn't understand a run on sentence, nice out by the way the ol grammar nazi 'you fucked a sentence up so i don't have to refute anything' maneuver.
>>
>>160949159
You couldn't just let the thread die and your shame disappear could you? It made it to page 10
>hurr durr my incoherent ranting was so easy to understand!
And for the record, it wasn't me calling you out that was my reason for not spoon feeding you. It was the me calling you a retard that was the cited reason.
>>>/out/
>>
File: 1497072759409.png (156KB, 366x375px) Image search: [Google]
1497072759409.png
156KB, 366x375px
>>160935702
>New season
>Promising
>>
idiot tier opinion: flcl is just pretentious and lolrandum xDDd

dunning kruger idiot tier opinion: FLCL is a multi-layered literary masterpiece. you just don't get it.

enlightened tier opinion: FLCL is good. it's a nice moving coming of age story wrapped up in fun stylistic experiments and dumb comedy
>>
>>160934760
flcl is shit, will be that shit as it started
>>
>>160934760
No you're right it is absolute shit. There's no deeper meaning to it. It's just screeching about boners for 6 episodes.
The only people who like it are Toonami babbys.
>>
tfw i will never own a midnight blue 70's 4001

it hurts so much knowing this
>>
>>160944640
>the anime goes out of its way to make a real ending to a manga that was shit
The anime came first.
>>
File: 1488272328391.png (236KB, 1554x1028px) Image search: [Google]
1488272328391.png
236KB, 1554x1028px
Read after you're done watching.
>>
File: 1486398889024.png (721KB, 1077x2473px) Image search: [Google]
1486398889024.png
721KB, 1077x2473px
>>160950167
>>
>>160950111
they came at the same time, along with a novel
>>
>"thin" story

All the mock-space opera sci-fi stuff is pure decoration. Kind of similar to how NGE is really about Shinji, despite how autists on the internet are more concerned about the mythology, the elder races/angels, all that stuff.

FLCL is about the relationships between the characters, and it packs a LOT of character development into those 6 episodes. A lot of it's visual development; the distant shadowy depictions of Naota's brother suggesting their relationship dynamic, how we learn about his American gf through a random photo, the way we're shown (rather than told) that something is slightly "off" in Mamimi's head, the constant visual suggestions of sexual tension, etc. Shittier, longer shows would feed us this information through dull prosaic infodumps.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.