[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't relate to this at all. I like history quite a bit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

I can't relate to this at all. I like history quite a bit myself, but I can't possibly imagine a highschool boy being obsessed with old graves as being normal. And worse yet, everyone around him seems to admire him for it? He even said he wanted to "work with something about Burial Mounds in the future" and nobody thought it was weird.

The point of this was to give the MC some semblance to a personality and hobby, but couldn't they have picked something at least a little bit relateable? Is there such a thing as old tomb otaku in Japan and I didn't know about it?
>>
>>160914210
I haven't watch this, so i won't speak about the character in question, but old graves, specially from ancient times can be an interesting topic since you get to know how each culture treated death, which is universal to all humans and learn the different approaches that exist, several of the most important archeological discoveries are graves or tombs, a lot of turistic attractions are graves themselves like the Taj Mahal or the pyramids and these are just some of the most popular examples, so it might come as weird in a culture where death is considered as a tragedy, but not so in a culture where is just part of the life cycle for example, so I wouldn't find it THAT weird, even as a western, you only need an open mind with this
>>
>>160914210
>couldn't they have picked something at least a little bit relateable
None left.
>>
If he only he had been interested in picking the right girl right off the bat, this idiot still doesn't understand that Ririna is the one for him
>>
>>160914210
Lets just let MC be into sports or music like every other anime
>>
>>160914433
But he is in love with the shape, not with the content.
>>
>>160914210
>I like history quite a bit myself, but I can't possibly imagine a highschool boy being obsessed with old graves as being normal.

Archaeology student here.

Fuck you, it's completely normal.
>>
>>160914210
Niggah, that ancient burial mound looks cool as fuck.
>>
File: 1485858550801.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485858550801.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>160915095
>mfw someone was a humanities student near me

Kimochiwarui.
>>
>>160915238
At least archeology is a relatively hard science. You have actual hard objects to work with that can be dated rather accurately.
That's why historians don't like archeologists.
>>
>>160915238
Archaeology's a science my poor little brainlet.
>>
>>160915044
It's the shape, not the content what makes a grave interesting, why the fuck would I want a corpse for don't answer that
>>
If he only he had been interested in picking the right girl right off the bat, this idiot still doesn't understand that Ririna is the one for him

>>160915290
You know why Anon
>>
>>160915265
>>160915280
I don't know a whole lot about archeology, but doing a test on a rock or a bone to find out how long it's been dead/buried hardly constitutes archeology, right? Most of it is humanities work.
>>
>>160915710
>I don't know a whole lot about archeology
True.
>>
>>160915710
Natural rock: geology
Ancient ruin or structure: archeology
Bones and other organical shit: paleontology
>>
>>160915773
Written text: History
>>
>>160914210
>And worse yet, everyone around him seems to admire him for it?
But they don't?
>>
>>160915956
Pretty much. Most of them think his hobby is pretty odd, but they're just impressed that a middle school kid has so much passion for something that's not entertainment.
>>
>>160915710
>>160915773
Nope.

If it's from an archaeological site and you're analysing it, then it's archaeology.

But also you have geophysical mapping of sites, remote sensing with lidar, massive amounts of survey work to go with an excavation, a massive amount of comp sci.
>>
>>160916391
And then when it comes to the interpretation and theory, then you get a lot of the softer sciences coming in, like psychology, and anthropology.

Archaeology is an odd duck, in America they put it in the anthropology department, in Europe in the History department, and in Asia they put it with geography and the other sciences.
>>
File: not_a_tomb.jpg (80KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
not_a_tomb.jpg
80KB, 800x500px
>>160915280
I don't think so.
If it is a science, then how comes (((egyptologists))) claim that the Giza pyramids were built by bronze age retards that didn't even know the wheel so they pushed megalithic stones up a ramp?
They had amazing seaworthy boats but they didn't know the wheel or the pulley! They carved the granite obelisks and the inscriptions with round stones!
>>
>>160916551
Egyptology and archeology are related but not the same.
>>
>>160916551
Because Egyptology is it's own, weird cult.
>>
CAUSE ITS UNIQUE
>>
>>160914210
You're not Japanese, how could you ever understand how one could fall in love with a JAPANESE huge piece of art that happens to be a tomb?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.