[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi there anon, I was wondering how people overseas can directly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1461523590405.gif (2MB, 478x473px) Image search: [Google]
1461523590405.gif
2MB, 478x473px
Hi there anon,

I was wondering how people overseas can directly support a manga studio or mangaka. I've bought figures in the past, as well as translated releases, but some manga such as tsurezure children which I'm reading at the moment, don't have a print english release or any figures for purchase.

I can't read japanese, so i feel like buying a print copy from japan would just take up space even though it would directly help out the artist.

Other sites sell merchandise like keychains and other junk, but I have no idea how much of the money the artist actually gets.

tl;dr How to support overseas artists?
>>
buy digital?
>>
Tell them to set up patreon or japanese equvalent like shindol.
>>
>>160914019
Sometimes you really can't. International business isn't exactly easy, so supporting artists is a hard thing to do unpess there are official products you can buy in the U.S.
If there are official products, buy them.
If not, wait indefinitely.
>>
Send letters of encouragement, in which you pretend to be a little girl. Show confusion at the more mature parts of the plot, but say it's all amazing. Use flowery language and use hearts for dots. Ask the author if you can call him onii-sama, since you already think of him that way.
Attach a coupon for one hand-made bento.
>>
send cash via usps
>>
File: 1501475719179.jpg (2MB, 1200x1730px) Image search: [Google]
1501475719179.jpg
2MB, 1200x1730px
>>160914147
I just noticed that there are translated digital copies on amazon. I'll buy a few copies here then. I wish I could have an actual physical copy though but I guess since I've already read the content I should pay for it any way I can.
>>
>>160914165
how do you know if a product is official? What websites do people usually use to import that kind of stuff and make sure the money makes it to the artist?
>>
>>160914274
i mean digital raw, but whatever works for you
>>
fly to his house and buy him dinner
>>
>>160914291
I can't give you an answer, but more of a method. This kind of stuff it will either be obvious that it is or isn't or you will have to do your own research. There is likely going to be variance depending on what work the merchandise or products are from. Sorry if it doesn't help much, but if you don't know by looking at it you may need to do some searching or asking.
>>
File: 1502060939819.jpg (94KB, 887x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1502060939819.jpg
94KB, 887x1010px
>>160914351
no worries, i was just wondering what other people do
>>
>>160914019
>bought figures
did you know that mangakas make no money off of merchandise/the anime?
I think Sorachi
>mangaka of Gintama
said something like that in one of his interviews
so, the only way to support mangakas is to buy the manga
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/11/25/do-manga-artists-earn-big-bucks-from-film-adaptations-gintama-author-spills-the-beans/
>>
>>160914543
to add to that:
the money you use gets not to the mangaka but to the Publisher
the figures you buy: the money goes to the creators of the figure
the anime you saw and spent money on: the animation-studio
the LA-adaption: the studio
the only way you can ensure your favorite artist gets supported by your money is by buying their self-published doujinshis
>>
>>160914631
>the anime you saw and spent money on: the animation-studio
Wrong.
>>
>>160914543
>>160914631
fair enough, thanks for the info

Do you know if they get any cash if it's a translated release such as
https://www.amazon.com/Tsuredure-Children-Vol-Toshiya-Wakabayashi-ebook/dp/B071CLRWDM/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1502268013&sr=1-2

Or should I buy a japanese copy from a site like cdjapan?
>>
File: 1497841947527.jpg (89KB, 795x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1497841947527.jpg
89KB, 795x1000px
>>
I bought all the Anne happy volumes because I liked the anime.
>>
>>160914716
Apparently they printed new ones. Amazon is still offering copies. Are you going to buy these as well?
>>
>>160914019
paypal the artist a few hundreds bucks
>>
>>160914784
I thought 6 hasn't been released yet.
>>
>>160914708
Best post in this thread.
>>
>>160914019
>how people overseas can directly support a manga studio or mangaka
Don't they're already starting to see the west as more and more of a viable market over japan if you support them too much and they start pandering to people outside of japan the thing that got you into anime in the first place will disappear
>>
>tfw just discovered Rebis has a patreon
>>
File: 1496905787294.png (642KB, 726x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1496905787294.png
642KB, 726x1040px
>>160915669
the OP is pleased
>>
Simply spending money on anything anime related indicates businesses in the west that people are willing to spend money on anime.
Then they license stuff from japan, some of that money goes to the artists. If no one pays money for it, they funnel less money to japan in the future.
>>
ever been in a tsuredure thread?
nearly every dumped chapter since probably the past 2 years has been the official digital raw
maybe you can ask the anon that dumps for help buying
>>160914689
a good idea is to get digital raw, and you need to buy it the first two weeks of release - it's what they look at
those translations are just fishing interest of gaijin as a later product and you can consider them like a separate business
wakabayashi(the author) also has his site, which has been around ever since the first web chapter, and it's just the name of the manga with .com added
http://tsuredurechildren.com/ショップ/
vol 9 - october 17
vol 10 - november 17
vol 11 - march 16
each of those can have special bundles related to the anime, so don't be confused if it's ~3500 yen instead of ~500 yen
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.