[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Shinji learn to love himself? I still don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1535.jpg (15KB, 208x156px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1535.jpg
15KB, 208x156px
How did Shinji learn to love himself? I still don't understand that.
>>
>>160871590
You gotta fake it to make it :)
>>
>>160871590
because he wanted pussy. the pussy always wins. you can't beat the pussy
>>
>>160871590
Now, son, stop being a little faggot and get in the fucking robot.
>>
>>160872716
What if I can't fake it?
>>
>>160873474
just don't love yourself, stupid.
>>
>>160873538
What?
>>
>>160873553
If you can't fake it, just don't love yourself.
>>
>>160871590
He didn't, that's what's explained in EoE. In the TV ending they made him congratulate people to give a measure of closure, but in fact, he didn't learn shit. TV ending happens between the mindfuck and simulated sex in the LCL ocean.
>>
I just finished EVA and it has me so depressed with so many questions, what do i watch after this. all ive seen is initial d, kids on the slope and EVA (with EoE)
>>
>>160871590
The world fucking ended and he got in another world where you're close to everyone; somehow this made him confident to take a desicion of wanting to live again
>>160873944
Just watch it over and over, first time i watched it and it made me REALLY REALLY depressed, but after a while and watching EOE like 100 times i got alright
>>
>>160871590
>How did Shinji learn to love himself? I still don't understand that.
He met his mom and he knew she loved him, but also that he didn't need validation from his flawed father. He also gets off his pity train and realizes how much everyone around him tries to help him despite their own lives falling apart, because they too love him.

I choose to take the live-action scene as canon - he sees how Asuka and Misato would be without him.
>>
>>160871590
Probably took some zoloft.
>>
File: Rei_Lilith_Demise_(EoE).png (531KB, 858x476px) Image search: [Google]
Rei_Lilith_Demise_(EoE).png
531KB, 858x476px
>>160873944
It will take some years to digest it
>>
>>160873944
Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann or K-On!, both are acceptable.

Don't question me, just do it.
>>
He believed in the Shinji, that believed in him.
>>
>>160871590
He got mind raped into ti.
>>
>>160871590
I don't think he loves himself in the end, I think he finally becomes "okay" with himself, which is a very good start. Also I don't think the souls saying "Congratulations" are the actual persons, just Shinji's own projections.
>>
I gotta rewatch Evangelion this weekend.
>>
>>160873944
True answer - I went directly from EoE to Dragon Maid, and was cured within the space of about 12 minutes.

Eva is one of the best things I have ever seen in my life, but it hurt me in ways I still don't understand.
>>
>>160874451
>implying zoloft does shit
>>
>>160873921
>>160871590
>>160875605
he does love himself in the end, after having shared other people's experiences by merging with them. He realizes that everyone was fragile and alone, and this makes him love himself and everyone else. Imo
>>
>>160871590
He got an opportunity to hear people's thoughts about himself. When he realizes the shinji in their mind is a different shinji in his mind he undserstands later that people like him and don't see him as the shinji he thinks he is in his own mind.
>>
>>160877875
This, misery loves company, but being able to identify his pain with every one else is better and he feels less alone.
>>
>>160873944
this-> >>160875091
Also what would be great if this series didn't focus so much on Shinji's inner turmoil and focus more on the gaping plot holes of the more interesting background plot left behind in the series.
>>
File: second.png (210KB, 488x324px) Image search: [Google]
second.png
210KB, 488x324px
>>160877878
I'm going with this one, as it very nicely puts into words in idea that I was groping towards.
>>
I saw it as rather than learning to love himself, he gained the perspective that he can one day love himself, even if it takes a while and is hard going. The possibility that he could be happy as long as he kept living meant he finally had a path to take that wasn't simply treading water or worse
>>
Ive watched the whole of NGE every weekend since it aired.
Ask me anything.
>>
>>160878910
Why is Shinji such a beta lord?
>>
>>160879035
Asuka is that you?
>>
>>160873944
Watch more anime.
>>
Do you love and accept yourself, anon?
>>
>>160879115
I don't even know what that means. How do I find out if I love and accept myself?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.