[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When Marnie was there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1502122185530.jpg (24KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1502122185530.jpg
24KB, 512x288px
So /a/ what was your toughts on this movie? I honestly got disapointed with that ending becouse of the plot twist It had at the ending.
>>
>>160849643
I would honestly give it Just 9 or an 8. The storie was there and só where the characters, It was beautifull movie But that ending was just realy anoying in my personal experience.
>>
>>160849301
It was sentimental trash. It's one of these typical Ghibli formula film like Ponyo and Ocean Waves that rely on production value to carry a weak narrative with two-dimensional characters. I'm not saying that about their whole catalogue mind you, but a lot of their films are real Shinkai-tier hackjobs.
>>
>>160850435
It's based on a novel from the 60s so the sentimentality and weak narrative are in no way Ghibli's fault.
>>
>>160850540
>the sentimentality and weak narrative are in no way Ghibli's fault
Really, because they chose to adapt it, so it is. they could have altered it or adapted a different work.
I also haven't read the book, but the narrative seems very watered down to be based on a novel.
>>
>>160850629
It's a book for young children that is read in schools. Of course it's going to be sentimental and simplistic.
>>
>>160851260
That reasoning doesn't make it a good movie. Ginga Tetsudou no Yoru and Tonari no Totoro are both sentimental stories for children. They aren't boring, aren't overly sentimental, and actually have well-developed characters.
>>
>>160851260
While we're shitposting on this topic. Miyazaki has really good taste in children's novels. Anyone looking for something light, yet well crafted to read would do well to look this list over. There are some real gems on here.

http://www.nausicaa.net/wiki/50_Children%27s_Books_Chosen_by_Hayao_Miyazaki
>>
>>160849301
It wasn't good.
>>
yonebayashi is an overrated hack, maybe people will realize that once mari gets released on dvd/bd
>>
I liked it but I didn't like Marnie the character

Also that lightning scene was great, I really got a sense of how strong and terrifying a storm can be, which I normally don't from films.
>>
>>160849301
Typical good Ghibli film. Looks nice, has decent story. Undeniably a movie for kids, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
>>
now even ghibli is yuribaiting me. fuck
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.