[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Princess Principal keep screwing with the order. Chise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_20170807-001517.jpg (477KB, 1394x1433px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170807-001517.jpg
477KB, 1394x1433px
Why does Princess Principal keep screwing with the order. Chise just shows up in E4, then they make E5 take place before thay
>>
typical brainlet, get out of /a/
>>
>>160832584
?
>>
>>160832584
although a lot of people are too fucking stupid somehow to watch it, it is a bit annoying how they aren't going in order
>>
File: 1501969831417.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501969831417.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>160833607
Have years of exposition dumps being the norm in anime ruined your ability to think about what you're watching?
>>
I would love to see you watch Touka Gettan
>>
>>160832531
It's not really the big problem you make it out to be.
>>
>>160833904
Have years of horrible subs being the norm in anime ruined your ability to read what you're seeing? I'm just fine watching it queer, some people have issues following it
>>
>nobody asked SO ARE YOU CHINESE OR JAPANESE
>>
>>160834678
You can follow it, but you seem pretty heated about the episode order.
I'm not quite sure I understand, what is the problem here?
>>
>>160832531
>in media res is somehow jarring or unusual now
Just how fucking retarded has this board become
>>
File: 1454832888756.png (827KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1454832888756.png
827KB, 680x680px
>>160832531
You can always wait until it stops airing, then bug someone for a view order if it's that hard to follow.
>>
File: Foreshadowing.jpg (301KB, 935x758px) Image search: [Google]
Foreshadowing.jpg
301KB, 935x758px
>>
>>160832531
So brainlets like you have a hard time with it
>>
>>160837251
>foreshadowing
Of Ange's hymen breaking and spraying blood all over princess's body because she was too rough.
>>
>>160836780
not heated at all, every thread is just people saying its too hard to process, like I said it's not really an issue for me, YOU tell me what the problem is since you replied
>>
I would love to have these retards try to watch Bacanno! and Concrete Revolutio
>>
>>160837562
I haven't seen anyone say it's hard to understand since the threads for Episode 2, though.
As for the episode order specifically, this is the first time I've seen someone complain about it.
>>
>>160832531
It's half-assedly trying to be Baccano.
>>
>>160836834
They already started in media res in episode one, then went back in time to explain. Then they skipped the japanese kid's introduction and just had her exist in the team. THEN they went back again and are introducing her. Stories don't just fucking jump all over the place randomly without a purpose, dipshit.
This didn't have a purpose.
>>
>>160834678
>some people have issues following it

And they're retarded
>>
>>160837922
Hot opinions, retard
>>
>these faggots never watched Haruhi
>>
>>160837938
You don't have to have issues with following something to want it to be cohesive and sensible.

Baccano jumps all over the fucking place but you can still completely understand it and still prefer it to play out from start to end chronologically.
>>
>>160837982
they probably watched it chrono
>>
>>160837982
Just because some series do it well doesn't mean all series do. Princess Principal doesn't.
>>
>>160838125
>Princess Principal doesn't.
Then why do I think it does? Am I CRAZY? I think the show would be a lot less interesting if they just did it all chronologically like normal.
>>
>>160838151
>Then why do I think it does?
Because it has cute girls and you'll swallow anything with girls you can squirm and delight over.
>>
>>160837994
it's cohesive if you're not a retard, sure though if some people want to wait until all episodes come out to watch it in order they can
>>
>>160838194
so does haruhi you mong
>>
>>160838125
Just curious, what would make it well done?
>>
What do we get out of the story being shown out of order?
I think having one of the last things in the story shown first works fine, cause we're clued in on what the story is building towards, but switching up things like ep 4 and 5 seems pretty pointless to me. Does it make it more interesting? Or is it just to make it seem like the director is being clever?
>>
>>160837769
what? did you see last weeks threads? the tards probably dropped it by now though
>>
>>160838125
Because you say so, right?
>>
>>160838246
I'm usually in every thread, can't imagine people being confused about last week's episode.
>>
>>160838194
>you'll swallow anything with girls you can squirm and delight over.
It's the opposite really, I've watched so much anime at this point that shit with nothing going for it besides the cute girls don't catch my eye that much, or else I'd probably be all over battle girl high.
On the other hand I'll admit I'll swallow anything that deviates from the standard in any way, such as this show and the way it tells the story.
>>
>>160838218
It's intriguing I guess. Things were like this at first and then they were like that so it makes you wonder how it happened, and I mean it was very obvious that sooner or later they'd tell how samurai girl joined the team and wouldn't just pretend she joined offscreen and that's it.
Also your post makes me think you think you're outsmarting the director, that accepting his way of telling the story means he wins and you lose.
>>
>>160838218
>start with random case showing what show is about
>second episode is real beginning
>now we are on episodic character of the week format with plot here and there
It's simple story telling anon, like would anybody care about Chise killing her father in this episode if she was just introduced? I wouldn't but because she was already in 2 episodes now I do.
>>
>>160838899
This is actually a good point.
>>
>>160838465
Nah, I was just not sure what exactly it was supposed to contribute to the narrative. I don't mind unconventional storytelling (not that this is so out of the ordinary though), I just don't like it when it feels gimmicky and just for the sake of it. I think >>160838899 put it well, and I agree with his point.
>>
>>160838899
We also learn in Case 9 that the team still doesn't trust Chise completely to reveal all their secrets, even two missions after they meet her. It helps put Case 7 into perspective immediately, that whatever happens here is enough for her to join, but isn't a true test of loyalty, setting our expectations for the episode.
>>
>>160839684
This is what Chise thought. Which secrets they didn't reveal?
>>
>>160837922
Yes, that's how it works. Blanks get filled in whenever suits. You're actually unironically a pleb.
>This didn't have a purpose.
Breaking up the pacing so its not as boring is 'purpose' enough you fuck
>>
>>160838125
>Princess Principal doesn't.
Are you actually going to go ahead and explain yourself you utter autismo?
>>
>>160832531
>chise shows up
>quickly do her backstory
>quickly try make us care for us enough to feel for her when she kills her father
or
>introduce her early
>we get to know her a little bit
>her personality, quirks etc
>now we give a little bit of a fuck about her
>now the emotional payoff is much better
It's like you didn't do high school English or something
>>
It works with PriPri because it's an episodic show, and they're trying to reduce the negative effects of its episodic nature by keeping things hidden. Revealing everything in order would just leave the impression of a repetitive show with no mystery.
>>
>>160840125
>>160838281
>>160838217
>>160838151

Not him but Haruhi's out of order episodes don't aren't running against an overarching plot. Sure elements like character development are important (especially Nagato's stuff) but a casual viewer won't notice it until the island episodes.

Meanwhile in PP there is a lot of conversation and political talk between both sides that makes it more taxing on the viewer, since it's less about isolated episodes and more about the whole journey it can create confusion much more easily. I don't mind it but I don't see what they are trying to accomplish to be honest.
>>
>>160840183
This.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.