[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that the uglier the characters in an anime, the better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Crying Kaiji.jpg (60KB, 850x484px) Image search: [Google]
Crying Kaiji.jpg
60KB, 850x484px
Is it true that the uglier the characters in an anime, the better off the it is? Like, is there a correlation to this? So, if the cast was nothing but fat, pizza-faced neckbeards it'll be a 10/10 in plot?
>>
Pic unrelated, Kaiji is moe.
>>
plot is for posers, the main attributes with which one must critique a cinematic artwork are the components of its mise-en-scene
>>
>>160831701
No, this is wrong.
But if you see that a show is decently popular, well-regarded, and has all (or mostly) ugly characters, that is a good sign. It lets you know that people aren't just talking it up because of cute characters or fanservice.
>>
>>160831773
I do believe you greatly underplay the importance of precise cinematic timing, my good sir.
>>
>>160831867
editing is a component of mise-en-scene
>>
>>160831857
Yeah, they're talking about how fucking gay it is.
>>
File: aku-no-hana-sad-2-600x337.jpg (33KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
aku-no-hana-sad-2-600x337.jpg
33KB, 600x337px
No
>>
File: 1.jpg (157KB, 622x1481px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
157KB, 622x1481px
>>160831701
Yes, but that only applies to male characters. No one wants a story with ugly female characters.
Therefore, the best story would be one involving the ugliest male characters and the cutest female characters.
>>
>>160831907
Sadly you don't take into account the quality of the sound effects.
>>
File: Kaiji+v02+c21+-+170.png (45KB, 344x187px) Image search: [Google]
Kaiji+v02+c21+-+170.png
45KB, 344x187px
>ugly
manga Kaiji is cute, no oily hair at least
>>
>>160832810
Hey anon, you're really onto something there hmmm....
>>
>>160831701
Maybe something to take into account is that if the character design style is not cute and attractive, but the anime is popular, that means it's doing something very right.
For instance I think K-project is shit that just looks real sparkly and good, but it's not a good anime. People watch it on the account of "looking cool". As opposed to let's say Kaiji or maybe Ping Pong, where characters look unconventional, but the story is so so good.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.