[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Too smart for /a/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

>Mfw /lit/ has better threads than /a/
>>>/lit/9855646
>>
/a/ isn't for discussion it's for blogging about what makes your dick hard and reposting memes.
>>
>>160819409
Makishima is indeed too smart for br/a/inlets.
So many nice book references coming from his lines in the series.
>>
>>160819409
Even /pol/ discussed Psycho Pass better than /a/. Most of /a/ just spouted memes like CAUSE I FEEL, etc., and when they formed actual opinions it's the most boring trite you've ever read on this board.
>>
File: maxresdefault (8).jpg (57KB, 1280x724px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (8).jpg
57KB, 1280x724px
>>160819409
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEL
>>
We're talking about a show where the main character, who was assigned by the sibyl system and trained for this job, needs every little thing explained to her down to the dominators because Urobochi is awful at both characterization and exposition. Makishima is no exception. In all that description, all he manages to say is he's lonely and rebellious. In this nonsense society, he slips around like a Batman villain murdering people for lacking identity. Which is especially ironic given that Makishima's identity comes almost entirely from pulling references from Urobochi's favorite writers and philosophers. Try counting how many times per episode he does it if you ever decide to rewatch. It's a garbage show propped up by people new to the medium, like most of what Urobochi's been involved with.
>>
>>160820682
T. Brainlet grasp the character of Makishima. >>160819409
OP's post already rebuttaled you
>>
>>160820353
>Even /pol/ discussed Psycho Pass better than /a/.
Makishima is basically anime Tylor Durden so it's not too surprising
>>
>>160820658
I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOU
>>
>nobody has rebutted that even though Makishima's goal was the destruction of the system by reproduction of dissent, most of the show (the episodic tales, which were considered trash even in release) is just filler

Just because one understood the symbol it doesn't mean the show is well written. Urobuchi plays a lot with this, giving a character a pretty precise symbollic value to toy with and nothing else. That is done in every single show he has made except maybe Phantom.
>>
>>160821734
It's because it's part police procedural, instead of simply focusing on being solely political (state terrorism versus individual terrorism or propaganda of the deed) from the start.
>>
>>160821734
>what its thunderbolt fantasy
>>
File: thunderbolt fantasy.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
thunderbolt fantasy.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>160821960
Too deep for /lit/.
>>
>>160821734
It does not make sense within the context of the universe for Makishima to be constantly active or for them to be constantly chasing him when there are other matters that they have to deal with and are a small unit.
>>
>>160819409
Fuck off normie
>>
>>160819409
>reading
somebody get this nerd out of here
>>
>>160822473
>Not reading
We get it you're dumb
>>
>>160822137
Looks terrible. Who thought this would be good?
>>
>>160822747
say that in my puppet face and not over the internet and see what happens
>>
>>160822473
>reading
Outside of your jungle people actually have the IQ to read effortlessly subhuman huemonkey.
>>
>>160821958
I haven't watched it, is it good?

>>160821958
Yes, but you can speak of a multitude of issues within an episodical frame and contribute to the overall plot and theme, give some meat to the characters and their enviroment. When GitS SAC (the obvious comparison to be made for an hybrid between political and police procedural in anime) references Borges, Salinger or Guevara or any other individual instance, it makes sure to give the philosophical text across within the characters and, most importantly, make the characters discuss other issues that may contribute to the them but are not directly related (like, how the collective conciousness of the Tachikoma relates to the behaviour in trends around the debacle of the Laughing Man, how Batou's struggle with the detention of the killer he knew at war and the actitude of the CIA relates to the whitewashing of an original movement to push corporate interests and so on). Psycho Pass on the other side feels like everything is pushing for a determinate stream in a unified manner, without any kind of variation on the things discussed. That's why I say most of it is filler, the events that happen seemed hollow pushes towards the development of Makishima towards his goal, Kougami towards being in dissent of the system and the main character (Akame?) towards being an outlier of it. It feels sterile. Doesn't help that the literary references are so fucking hamfisted that it looks like the last chapter of SAC but without Aramaki exclaiming at the end that he didn't get half of it because he didn't have an expanded hard drive attached to his brain.

>>160822276
My problem is that the divide between "plot" and "individual cases" is right in the half of the series, while making the individual cases inevitably always about Makishima in a concentric manner, as far as I remember.
>>
lit is such a trash heap of delusional losers, that them not liking something makes me like it even more.

CAUSE I FEEL
>>
>>160823122
It's people on /lit/ discussing about Psycho Pass, some like it for some reason and some dislike it for some other reason. Some inside of both don't really get the show or what its discourse or development is.

What do you think about Psycho Pass now? Legit curious.
>>
>>160823122
Shut it you meme spouting idiot
>>
>>160823122
People like you are the reason /a/ is becoming such a trash, meme filled cesspool of underage retards.
>>
>>160819409
Reported.
>>
>>160823614
You do know announcing your report is against the rules snitch?
>>
>>160822137
CG is better than this garbage
>>
>>160823781
Not him but I wish more people did that despite the rules. Seeing posts like that never fails to crack me up.
>>
Sartre, Spooks, Nietzsche, Bible, Cicero, Homer.

See, I can quote shit too, this post is already as intelligent as that stupid anime.

Urobuchi is a hack.
>>
>>160821734
Because the purpose of the narrative is to show off the dysfunctional world, and episodic """filler""" is the best way to do that.
>>
>>160823122
hmmm miam miam
delicious brainlet salt
>>
>>160824675
>Retard that can't make parallels to great literature
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.