[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bleach thread Is Bleach worth watching? Never seen it before.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

Bleach thread

Is Bleach worth watching? Never seen it before. I've heard some bad things, but are at least some of the seasons worth watching? If so, at what point do people normally stop watching?
>>
>>160811344
watch until the end of the karakura town arc while skipping the filler, skip fullbring arc (maybe watch the end fight) then read the manga
>>
>>160811449
How many seasons until karakura Town arc? How do I identify and skip filler?
>>
>>160811344
I ll be honest with you Anon, the first arcs until the end of Soul Society arc is worth it. But you should read it, not watch the anime. It has a poetic feel to it sometimes too. A very chill read. After that you will stay just to see the powerup asspulls. So decide at your own choice.
>>
>>160811344
No, read the manga and drop it when you get bored.
>>
Wtf is this anime even about
>>
File: 1471462632645.png (89KB, 721x279px) Image search: [Google]
1471462632645.png
89KB, 721x279px
>>160811511
Get a fillerlist from an episode guide online.
Watch the full thing even fullbring arc is still comfy even when considered bad.
>>
>>160811542
>>160811524
Why not the anime?
>>
>>160811344
No.
>>
>>160812947
Explain please
>>
Bleach starts out promising, but ends up fucking awful after the Soul Society arc

And Ichigo has no goals or ambitions, and never grows as a character, he's probably the least interesting shonen protagonist ever
>>
>>160811344
No anime is worth watching, leave now and devote yourself to something productive while there is still time. It may not be too late to give your life value.
>>
>>160811675
The first two arcs is about manly swordsmen fighting each other for the sake of a cute girl.

The other arcs are about a depressive sissy trying to fight cool people and failing.
>>
File: 1478096787894.gif (1MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1478096787894.gif
1MB, 256x192px
>>160811344
Nope, 60% of the fun for Bleach was reading it with people while it was still going. Now that it's over, you missed out on all the fun. You can still try watching(lol) or reading it if you want but after the first few arcs, it'll just become a dry tasteless shounen(though this is implying it wasn't already one since the beginning) to you. My advice is to look for a time machine and just go back, those were great times.
>>
File: fuckyouKubo.gif (499KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyouKubo.gif
499KB, 500x281px
>>160811344
Yes, but here is a warning.
Don't get too emotionally attached to the villians, you will be sad for years if you do.

>mfw thinking about Emo-Kun and Snake-Kun.
>>
>>160813081
Most people will say this, but the Arrancar arc was bretty gud.
>>
>>160811344
Watch up to the soul society arc and drop it then.
>>
>>160814746
It was bootleg Soul Society but worse in every regard.
>>
Watch until the SS arc ends. I can't vouch for anything past that since the filler arc with the fucking vampires was intolerable I've never been able to make it past.
>>
>>160814838
Not the music. Easily 50 times better
>>
Powerlevel theorizing during the arrancar/hueco Mundo arc was good fun

Thinking about how strong the top 3 arrancar must be was really interesting stuff

Too bad the end result was trash

Up to SS arc is good advice honestly. But its not wise since you will want more and WILL be disappointed once you get it
>>
>>160814900
Nah, SS arc music is the best, arrancar arc ost (OST III) is good too, but it was the moment when "generic epic" soundtracks (Invasion, Treachery etc.) from movies started appearing so it doesn't have feeling as good as SS.
>>
File: 1485880809263.jpg (3MB, 1200x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1485880809263.jpg
3MB, 1200x5000px
>>160816862
>Powerlevel theorizing during the arrancar/hueco Mundo arc was good fun
Shit was still fun even after that arc. Man coming to /a/ after reading the newest chapters were a highlight for me.
>>
Quit watching it when Soul Society ends. Maybe skip immediately to Deicide after Soul Society, but quit watching when that finishes.

Overall, Bleach is utter trash.
>>
>>160811344
Watch until the episode with half recap half end of soul society arc. I think it's episode 63 or 64.
After that skip the bount arc, it's fucking absolute garbage. watch a few episodes of the start of the mexico arc and if you like it keep watching, the fillers after this arc are good enough to not skip. If you feel like dropping it, do it.
>>
It's an awesome anime. It's about a teenager who gets soul reaper powers to fight hostile ghosts called hollows. But the shinigami girl who gave him the powers broke the laws of soul society and was going to be destroyed. So the teenager and his friends travel to the afterlife to rescue her. There's a bunch of cool battles with trained shinigami culminating in an epic duel with the girl's brother. Everything is resolved and they return to earth where they all lived happily ever after.

The end.
>>
Bleach is a post-modern literary manga about a youth who slowly loses his entire personality. Very profound exploration of what it means to be a person.
>>
>>160820653
Fuck off with this meme. Ichigo never lost his personality.
>>
>>160811675
Sexy chicks
>>
>>160811675
In short, it starts as "monster of the week" type story of a teenage boy who's granted the power to fight evil ghosts and his friends getting the powers of their own.

Then the ghost girl who has given him power is taken to afterlife for execution (!) and the boy along wsith his friends rush to her rescue. This is one of the most beloved rescue arcs in battle shonuen, it also introduces fuck ton of new characters (initially the enemies) who prove to be more popular than initial main cast (sans MC, ghost girl and to a certain degree - MC's rival).
At the end, the real villain is revealed.

He creates an army of evil ghosts who also turn out to be popular as fuck, stretching the next arc beyond reason. Said arc starts mostly as a conflict between super-popular good ghosts (previous enemies) + MC vs. super popular evil ghosts, then we get another rescue arc (mirroring the previous one and starring the original main cast) and then the series becomes series of battles (mostly 1/1) with little substance for ~2.5 years (starring ghosts).

Next we have time skip, author tries to shake things up a bit, removing almost all fan favorites for months, going low-scale again, and creating a bit of psychological drama. This basically kills the series popularity-wise.

For the last arc (manga only), we're introduced to new army of enemies, things get bloodier (though only old people and enemies die). After 1,5 year this also turns to series of battles with little substance and doesn't manage to salvage the series. The ending is rushed as fuck, many things are left unexplained etc. etc.

Then we have a novel epilogue and it's cute. Then we have a pre-epilogue novel and it tries to make sense out of the series.
>>
>>160811344

Bleach until Aizen's reveal is worth watching. Ichigo vs. Grimmjow and Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra part II fight is worth watching; and finally, Ichigo vs. Aizen (Decide END) is worth watching.

That aside, the only filler arc worth watching ios the Zanpakto Rebellion & Regai Uprising. The Regai Uprising is especially good, if you really wanted more of the Ichigo/Senna moments from Memories of a Nobody as well as having the best animation in all of Bleach throughout the entire arc--at times reaching movie quality in polish and detail.

Also, that one episode where Ichigo & Yoruichi have their day together is worth watching. The rest can be skipped.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.