[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of Black Butler? I just finished the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: black_butler_197.jpg (54KB, 353x500px) Image search: [Google]
black_butler_197.jpg
54KB, 353x500px
What do you guys think of Black Butler?
I just finished the first season of the anime and I did like some of the elements of it like the victorian era gothic England atmosphere and the musics but I have mixed opinion on Ciel, though his character is wrapped up nicely in the end, and the more comical parts plus the yaoi bait shit like Pluto can become annoying.
Should I watch the OVA or jump straight to season 2? I know the anime isn't faithful to the manga past a certain point but I'm really interested in the show to begin with out of a sort of nostalgia I have for it since it aired when I was a teen.
>>
i personally thought it was mediocre but i finished it which is more than i can say for a lot of anime.
also if i remember right a lot of black butler fans really just say to skip season 2. i only know because some chick i knew in college was a huge Black Butler fag though
>>
>>160808366
>i personally thought it was mediocre but i finished it which is more than i can say for a lot of anime.
That's about my opinion, too. Like I said there's a sense of nostalgia for it but there wasn't enough substance to back it up entirely though I guess the core revenge story was interesting enough for me to finish it.
>>
>>160808275
Nothingn
>>
Season 1 wasn't faithful to the manga like at all. My honest advice would have been to start with Book of Circus. It even recaps necessary information from the beginning so you don't have to watch Season 1. Season 2 is not only so far from the manga, but a mess that feels like a fan fiction.
>>
>>160808275
>>160808275
Read the manga, it's much better than the anime. That shit you said you don't like was mostly anime-only shit. The manga has very little yaoi bait at all. Don't watch season 2, it's nothing but yaoi bait and non-canon. Watch the third season, book of circus. If the OVA you're talking about is Book of Murder you can watch that after Circus. I haven't so I can't vouch for it, but it's from the manga and comes after Circus.
>>
>>160809542
>>160808275
Also, that ending you liked in season 1 was completely non-canon. I don't know why they did it. I have to assume that they didn't think they would be animating more of it, but it was a terrible decision.

Anything that happened after the curry arc in the first season isn't canon. I think there was some shit before that wasn't canon either. The only faithful parts were the introduction, the Jack the Ripper story, and the Indian Prince curry contest.
>>
How should they adapt the Hogwarts arc and Witch arc?
26 ep season or a ton of ova, movies.
>>
File: 1424812072623.jpg (416KB, 1200x876px) Image search: [Google]
1424812072623.jpg
416KB, 1200x876px
On last point: Kuroshitsuji is fantastic and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.
>>
Black Butler it´s a shit manga,seriously i don´t understand nothing,there are 2 ciels in the latest episode.
also it´s a manga where it´s nothing happens,with the same plot,boring characters,history it´s trash,i don´t understand this when this shit it´s gonna end?
Fairy tail it´s better than this,look at history and characters more involvent,the protagonist have the most powerful but always lose to villains,look persons in fairy tail die and the impact in friends emotions it´s fantastic,also look at natsu vs zeref and acnologia it´s same tier with netero x meruem.
>>
>>160809769
10 ep season for the boat arc (best arc) and school arc.

24 ep season for which arc and idol/current arc.
>>
>>160809824
Why don't you try using spoilers next time, brainlet?
>>
>>160809824
>Fairy tail it´s better than kuroshitsuji
good joke,i think fairy tail it´s the worst manga ever
in my opinion,how this it´s mainstream? ships?,hentai?
>>
>>160808275
It's alright, but too fujo.
>>
>>160808275
Watch them.
>>
>>160809769
I wonder how many episodes they would use to cover the cricket match.
>>
>>160808275
Literally pedophile bait. At least most mainstream loli shit doesn't have a grown-ass man getting funny with the lolis.
>>
>>160808275
Ciel is not the real Ciel, his twin is the real Ciel.
That's all.
>>
>>160819598
The fuck, that sounds fucking retarded. Glad I dropped the series when I did so I at least have some good memories of it.
>>
Was catching up some days ago Still sad about Agni Also I seen a list of the fillers for season 1 so would it still be okay to just download the little canon episodes it has or should just jump to book circus and then murder?
>>
>>160819671
>believing anon
Come one, you are better than this.
>>
File: 125566-b.png (203KB, 285x270px) Image search: [Google]
125566-b.png
203KB, 285x270px
>>160808275
Edward is best
>>
>>160808275
It was my first anime (that I watched alone anyway) and I have to say I regret it. Not because it was bad; I enjoyed it, it is because it got me into anime as a hole. Maybe I'll re-watch it again and see if it's still as good as I remember.
>>
File: dba.jpg (182KB, 590x353px) Image search: [Google]
dba.jpg
182KB, 590x353px
>>160809769
Skip the Hogwarts arc, the Quidditch match was the dullest thing so far in the manga.
>>
The anime really just pales in comparison to the manga as a whole. Season one is okay up until the curry arc, In which it then just goes into an anime only ending, which isn't terrible, but isn't really good because its only really there to set up the non canonical dumpster fire that is season 2

Seriously, just don't even watch season 2, its just fucking awful. Alois is a bitch baby and claude is a far less interesting obvious copycat of sebastian

Season 3 (AKA Book of circus) is honestly the best adaptation of the source material to date. And EVEN THAT falls into the weak traps the anime has in terms of timing of jokes and having characters shoehorned in at the wrong times.

To this day I will still argue that fact that the manga is the best way to enjoy the series. It doesn't derail half as much as the anime adaptions, the characters are much more expressive and fleshed out imo, and the overall portray of the stories and arcs are much more engrossing.

Good luck OP~
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.