[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most important shonens in history.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1129.jpg (282KB, 1295x551px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1129.jpg
282KB, 1295x551px
Are these the three most important shonen manga of the last twenty years? In my opinion, yes.
>>
>>160805155
Get Magi the fuck out, Magi is trash
>>
Naruto is the most important manga since Dragon Ball
>>
File: 1501302140529.png (90KB, 179x172px) Image search: [Google]
1501302140529.png
90KB, 179x172px
>>160805155
>HunterxHunter
>FMA
>Magi
>but no Dragon Ball or One Piece
>>
>>160805260
>last twenty years

One Piece is very popular, but has not introduced anything in the shonen manga panorama.
>>
>>160805351
What did Magi introduce?
>>
>>160805351
One Piece has western cartoon elements mixed in it which makes it unique in the genre
>>
>>160805194
Trash? What the fuck are you saying? It is one of the most mature manga shonen ever and talks about important themes. Unfortunately there are many people who can not understand it. Magi is surely the best shonen of the last 10 years and one of the most important of the last 20 years.
>>
>>160805509
If that was the case, then this last arc would've been better written instead of just having the characters repeat the same line over and over and over and over and over and over again. I get that its because their brainwashed, but give the actual characters related to the plot literally anything useful to say. I thought some of the earlier arcs were alright, but the last few have just been complete shit.
>>
unironically the most important shonen manga in the last 20 years is Naruto because it kickstarted quick fansubs that came out the same week it aired in japan.
>>
One Piece is the most influencial manga to date, and with the sheer popularity it has, it would be really difficult to think of another manga that would do as good as OP. I know you hate "popular shounen", but this is a factual truth

>>160805633
To the west sure
>>
>>160805155
Unique? Maybe. Important? No.
>>
>>160805155
I like Magi, but it doesn't come close to the cultural relevance of HxH, much less FMA.
>>
Naruto, DBZ, and Bleach.
In the West anyway. Bleach could be switched out for Pokemon or One Piece but the point's the same. Regardless of their quality, they're the shows that introduced western audiences to Anime
>>
>>160805807
>but it doesn't come close to the cultural relevance of Hx
what relevance? manga like one piece, naruto and even death note are more influential than hxh ever will be. i mean, it's a great series, but far from having such a big cultural impact.
>>
>>160805978
That's why I added "much less FMA".

Magi is nowhere near as culturally relevant as HxH,despite it's constant absence, so there's no way it's equitable to something like FMA, which is up there with Naruto, One Piece, Death Note, etc.
>>
>>160805155
>of the last twenty years?

One Piece and Naruto have to fill two of the slots.
>>
>>160805978
You're not really making an argument here, Hunter throws alot of shounen tropes aside and does something interesting. Togashi's work is far more influential to shounen than Ohtaka's. Plus Magi has barely been around long enough to be considered influential. It doesn't have much pull in terms of marketing and merchandise.
>>
>>160806060
Series quality != cultural relevance.

Not saying popular things automatically means it's bad either, but you should get my point. Well, his point, still.
>>
>>160805155
This is questionable since you cannot really pinpoint only three series. Many and many titles shaped the demographic of "shounen manga".
>>
>>160805155
DBZ, JoJo and Hokuto no Ken.

Basically these three.
>>
File: Debirumen.jpg (317KB, 1200x1010px) Image search: [Google]
Debirumen.jpg
317KB, 1200x1010px
Devilman was one of the most important and influential shounen manga. As was Harenchi Gakuen too.
>>
>>160805155
Where's DB?
>>
>>160805155
Two of those don't belong.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.