[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can somebody summarize why people here love Hunter x Hunter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

Can somebody summarize why people here love Hunter x Hunter?
I watched it and I thought it was very mediocre. Throughout the show I found myself struggling to care for any of the plotlines, mainly due to the 2 main characters (Gon and Kilua) being dull and unlikeable. And it has the single worst character design in the history of everything, just look at that fucking smirk on that cunt Gon's face? I want to rip his fucking head off.
>>
>>160802560
>why people here love Hunter x Hunter?

It used to be loved, then asspull of the century happened and HxHfags started to realize how much of a hack Togashi is

AT the same time HxH haters jumped the ship and created a meme out of said asspull
>>
Sometimes its funny, sometimes its cool, and sometimes its sad. Thats why i like it, no other reason.
>>
still arguably the best shonen
>>
>>160802670
Even if I were to dumb myself down and call it an asspuru, somehow this being any worse than the other more egregious shit that has happened in other series that doesn't have a fraction of the amount of attention shows how starved people are for a another meme. I
>>
>>160802866
what do you think it has that others don't? or what does it do better than others?
>>
>>160803341
I think togashi's writing is brilliant. A know a lot of people are mad about asspulls, but IMO they're not so terrible. (i'll post that in next post bc too fuckign long) But back to the point- I really like the characters in hxh actually. I like that there are 4 MC's but togashi doesn't feel the pressure to fit them all into the same arc and instead uses the 4 MC's as a lens into the current story Togashi wants to tell. The monster and human reversal of Gon and Meruem was fantastic. I think hxh has some of the best villains too (other than genthru)- they have their own lives beyond messing around with the MC's . I think togashi also has a real knack for breathing life into side characters we wouldn't necessarily have expected much out of. And I find gon and killua to be very likeable! but to each their own

I think the progression of the story is smart. Each arc leads into the next really smoothly despite being completely different from each other- which is part of why hxh is so exciting, because the story feels different each arc.

And of course, the nen, which is one of the best structured magic systems. No crazy powerlevels, and it affords for unpredictable fights, because the victor isn't determined solely by raw power, but by their hatsu matchups. And because of this, we manage to keep villains from the very beginning while introducing new ones without the pressure of making them stronger and stronger as the story progresses until it reaches an absurd level.
>>
>>160804609
>>160803341
cont.

A lot of people seem to be down on it right now because being a hxh fan is frustrating due to the hiatus pattern. Togashi's style is very analytical and detailed and likes to explain everything thoroughly before letting the major action occur, as seen in chimera arc and dc arc right now. People are pretty pissed at how slow the story is moving right now because we know we only get 10 chapters a year at best. Once we finish the arc's introduction I think people are gonna be a lot more pleased- just like how chimera arc started slow and ended up being one of the best arcs in shonen, in my opinion.

I could talk about hxh forever but i'll shut up now.

also I'll address some of the main asspulls i can think of:

kite resurrection -> further demonstrates gon's sacrifice (and revenge as a concept itself) to be pointless. plus i'm sure he must have some future plan for kite if he bothered to bring him back

nanika - had been alluded to through the zoldycks naming system since the beginning of the series, wasn't just a spur of the moment asspull. This sort of character does weaken writing but when a character does something like gon and pulls out all the stops, you need something of equal power. he has to settle this though, there cannot be a wish granting character in the story as it weakens drama

**manga spoilers ahead**

kurapika and ET: kp has always seemed OP as fuck, but with the explanation of the condition i think it's more balanced out. i know people want to see ET effects on kp but whether or not kp dies has to do with whether he grows as a character to move on past revenge. because once he retrieves all the eyes and all the spiders are dead, unless he's developed some other reason to live, he suffers narrative death.

o my rubber nen- nen stronger in death has been brought up way earlier on in the series. hisokas resurrection will also serve to speed things along on the boat alongside with chrollo, i think anyway
>>
>>160803341
because bill didn't want a cockroach to land on his finger

completely serious
>>
>2011
>>
File: 1497430692666.png (2MB, 1234x1258px) Image search: [Google]
1497430692666.png
2MB, 1234x1258px
>>160802560
>just look at that fucking smirk on that cunt Gon's face? I want to rip his fucking head off.
Holy fuck what am I reading
>>
>>160802560
You've only watched 20 anime
>>
Because it is on constant hiatus, so people pretend to like it so they feel as their time was not wasted
>>
>>160805299
This isn't Naruto
>>
>>160802560
I read the manga and liked it enough, 2011 looks disgusting by comparison
>>
File: 1482039562113.png (443KB, 960x948px) Image search: [Google]
1482039562113.png
443KB, 960x948px
>Komugi, are you still there?
>>
>>160804733
ET is a non-issue if Kurapika doesn't die because of it. A shorter lifespan sounds dangerous but unless the story covers up to a time when that actually factors in, it's utterly meaningless.
>>
>>160806469
Understand this shit accumulates, you have to retroactively apply it to the times he used in in Yorkshin, which I surmise led to his brief coma from over use.

Kurapika made this ability because he's not looking to live into old age, it's for a specific purpose.
>>
File: hyperdisgust.jpg (64KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
hyperdisgust.jpg
64KB, 480x480px
>>160805537
may as well be they feel identical just HxH is edgy
>>
File: DGhYHfRXoAEVXUw.jpg (64KB, 981x551px) Image search: [Google]
DGhYHfRXoAEVXUw.jpg
64KB, 981x551px
>>160802560
You don't seem to like shota very much do you?
>>
>>160802560
>2011
>Asspull X asspull
>>
>>160802560
It's good to be alive to see the biggest asspull in manga history.

O
>>
>>160807598
MY
>>
>>160807671
RUBBER
>>
File: 1474013070854.jpg (130KB, 907x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474013070854.jpg
130KB, 907x1080px
Because Killua is cute and gay
>>
>>160802560
It did the "over-arcing gang of assholes" thing right where as Naruto totally failed with it.
>>
>>160809073
The Spider?
>>
>>160808815
NIGGER
>>
the fact that people can watch the chimera ant arc and NOT like it just completely fucking baffles me. it could be it's own story. the rise and fall of a civilization against humans, while also having human personality. pitou healing a human in front of gon completely killed gon on the inside. why was this fucking bug healing this literally who but killed my friend kite and won't save him?
>>
>>160809117
Yes. Unlike autistaku they simply work because they are what they are and weren't simply pawns of pawns of pawns.
>>
>>160809073
>It did the "over-arcing gang of assholes" thing right
They were basically just the suicide squad. Reddit tier quippy humor
>>
>>160809464
>humor
i don't remember laughing once during the yorknew arc
>>
>>160809568
That's because it wasn't funny
>>
>>160809690
exactly. there was no humor to laugh at. calling it reddit tier humor just doesn't make sense because there's no humor at all
>>
>>160809568
>kurapika fantasizing about chains
>kurapika hanging up on phinks
>gon and phinks throwing shalnark's phone
Those come to mind
>>
>>160809272
this. just chimera arc alone blows most shonen out of the water
>>
>>160802560
I like it because it's like a sandbox for Togashi to play with.
>>
>>160805537
Nobody pretends to like Shippuden
>>
File: kn.png (523KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
kn.png
523KB, 1366x768px
>Give broken hability to character
>Scare him to death when you realize that he whould make things too easy
Sasuga Togashi
>>
>>160811977
I'm not gonna call you a speedreader since I don't think you even read the manga at all.
Of course he was scared shitless, he was facing the aura of a Royal Gaurd far more evil than Pitou. What's more is that he was forces to use zetsu so that the other ants won't notice him. And if you're hit with nen while using zetsu, you're pretty much dead. So it was only logical that when he faced that malicious aura he was traumatized.
>>
>>160811977
I'm pretty sure that ability was introduced in the same chapter where he gets PTSD
>>
>>160812421
>speedreader
Just like that you've lost me.
>>
>>160812421
the reason those events happened was most likely due to his ability being completely broken. he could have destroyed meruem if he caught him off guard. hard to do, but possible.
>>
>>160802560
It's old as shit.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.