[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eva 3.0+1.0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

First new bit of info in a while, possibly new Unit 02 design?
>>
never trust the madman
>>
Looks like a protest sign.
>not making anymore eva
>want my life back
>also the watermelon angel killed kaji
>>
>>160779772
looks like shit
>>
>>160780263
Anno always does this. Hand drawn posters and then leaving them around the studio.

When it happened with 3.0, the movie was released a year later.
>>
When will this gook finally end this? Fuck
>>
>>160780263
It's a paper lantern for the Kamakura bonbori festival.
>>
>>160780792
>2d lantern
What in the worrd
>>
File: 1344262749970.jpg (197KB, 880x635px) Image search: [Google]
1344262749970.jpg
197KB, 880x635px
Poster from 3.0
>>
>>160780823
It's probably triangular
>>
>>160780992
Its just a flat panel stuck to a stake
>>
So what'll it transform into this time?
>>
>>160781117
A noose hopefully.
>>
>>160779772
I like it. The horns and wide chin make it resemble a Hannya mask. Maybe Asuka is turning into a demon or something.
>>
Why does it wear the mask?
>>
>>160781662
Nobody cared until she put on the AT field.
>>
File: 3.33 Unit 02 newtype preview.jpg (2MB, 6339x4074px) Image search: [Google]
3.33 Unit 02 newtype preview.jpg
2MB, 6339x4074px
>>160781192
Yeah the mouth is noticeably more toothy looking than 3.0's. The jawline seems reversed.
>>
Please let Nigōki-chan rest.
>>
>>160779772
let the series die please
>>
The ending will be the same as the movie and will loop back to the start hence 3.0+1.0, it's a never ending loop.
>>
>>160783383
You know it won't. Mark my words:

1.0 plus 3.0 will somehow end up being even more esoteric, bizarre, and frustrating than 3.0. It will be hugely divisive and the fans will be caught between those who think it's brilliant and those who think it's shit. Naturally, /a/ will fall into the latter camp.

Anno will then release a short statement about how 1.0 + 3.0 is actually the true essence of Evangelion and people who don't like it were never real Eva fans anyways. This creates a huge amount of backlash and he jerks off to it while refusing to back down.

Years go by and the controversy slowly dies. Anno refuses to do anything new with Eva. Eventually a new animation project gets greenlit and people are excited because they feel like it's the shot at the "true" Rebuild that Anno ruined.

When the new series is released, it's basically like a 26-epsiode series version of Evangelion 2.0. It's a huge best seller and becomes enormously popular in Japan and in the West. /a/ summarily shits on it, calls the new director a hack who sold out all artistic integrity, and moans about the good old days when our lord and savior Anno made beloved masterpieces like 3.0.

Then something new comes along and suddenly the new series was a beloved classic that this new-new series just couldn't match up to because anime will never be as great as it was back in the good old days.
>>
>>160781192
>Misato, I'm already an Angel!
>>
>>160784851
>This creates a huge amount of backlash and he jerks off to it while refusing to back down.
The difference is that NGE actually made sense and had a good meaningful story arc.
The rebuilds are a fucking mess.

>When the new series is released, it's basically like a 26-epsiode series version of Evangelion 2.0.
I would rather see it drop all the seriousness and be a 26 episode adaptation of Shinji Ikari Raising Project or something. Just mindless fanservice isnt harmful. Mindless fanservice pretending to be something else (the rebuilds) is harmful.
>>
>>160784851
I didn't even need to read your comment to know you are wrong
>>
Sigh people don't get the rebuilds. Have you ever read a book or watched a series and wondered what happens after.
As an example LotR continues after the story finishes up but fans can only speculate what happens.
In EoE you are given a final scene that explictly shows you that life continues for Shinji and Asuka.
So rebuild is showing you what happens after.
>>
File: eva 08.jpg (316KB, 1500x1974px) Image search: [Google]
eva 08.jpg
316KB, 1500x1974px
>>160780835
>>
>>160786918
Except the direction taken pisses off everyone.
Taking your example of LotR, imagine it gets a sequel, the ring comes back, sauron come back, everyone come back, the new book takes a shit over the older one and tells a much weaker and confusing story
>>
>>160780781
>gook
>>
>>160787170
>Except the direction taken pisses off everyone
No that is an opinion.
The point of the LotR comparison is it has an open ended ending you could theoretically write about a LotR steam age (There can't be any official works though because the author passed away)
In EOE we are shown a postapocalypse scene. The series has ended but the oppertunity for a new story in that setting is open.
Anyway i blame american audiences they are famous for not getting things unless the director writes it on paper and rubs it in their face
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.