[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: fmabposter.png (519KB, 417x586px) Image search: [Google]
fmabposter.png
519KB, 417x586px
I finally finished this show, and my final thoughts on it are that I don't think the show is bad, but it's hugely overrated. I think it only deserves something like 7-8/10 max for a score.

I actually prefer the original show to this one, though I do know that Brotherhood is the "true" one since it follows the manga. But I think the original had way better and deeper characters and developed them really well throughout the show, while as Brotherhood had a lot more characters but they were all a bit more shallow and they don't get developed as much. It sometimes feels that brotherhood just assumes you've already seen the original show.

Another thing that bothered me was that Brotherhood really overused the "humorous" scenes with the caricature animations, even during serious scenes which kind of ruin the moment. I don't remember if there was a single full episode without even one of these scenes.

Lastly, even though I did like the ending of Brotherhood and don't think it's bad, it was very predictable and I knew it was coming right from the start of the show. I think the ending of the original series was a lot better, and it definitely wasn't something you would've guessed right from the beginning of the show.

Overall, it's not a bad show, it's a pretty good show, but way overrated. It's not the best anime ever how people always praise it to be, and I can't understand how it is on 2nd place on MAL's ratings
>>
>>160763652
It's popular because it has a widespread appeal and it's good so it gets rated higher than most of the other popular shit like SAO or FT so that's why it's rated so highly on that shitty site.

It's ending makes people feel good because Ed and Winry fuck and everyone lives happily ever after. Pair that with people dismissing the original adaptation because "it doesn't follow the manga" and you have the major reason why people like it over FMA 03.
>>
File: al.gif (391KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
al.gif
391KB, 500x250px
Alphonse a best
>>
File: no.png (502KB, 720x451px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
502KB, 720x451px
>>160763974
Pretty much what I thought as well. It was definitely made with a wider appeal unlike the original show. And it's true that people almost always prefer a happy conclusive ending, rather than a one that leaves you with questions.
>>
>but overrated

Literally impossible to do. You're just rating your opinion higher than everyone else's because you're a retard.
>>
File: scar.png (375KB, 859x582px) Image search: [Google]
scar.png
375KB, 859x582px
I also noticed that Scar looked very different in Brotherhood compared to the original show. I'm not really sure how I feel about it, on one hand it's good that they had their own distinctive style, but on the other I didn't like the Brotherhood design as much
>>
>>160764503
There's nothing about the show that justifies a 9,71 MAL score
>>
>>160763652
Depends on what you like, original was a lot darker with a more personal kind of story, while Brotherhood is more epic shoneny save the worl deal.

I like Brotherhood more, original was 2deep edgy fanfic tier for me.
>>
>>160765006
I suppose that Brotherhood's story just didn't do it for me the same way the original did
>>
>>160765422
i like brotherhood more because of the large scale type story. this nigga eats fucking god.
>>
>>160766555
I agree, that was a pretty cool scene, Brotherhood had a lot of those. I just personally preferred the story of the original
>>
>>160765006
>Original too deep
>nazis and shiet
doesn't get any deeper than that.
>>
File: 7853026-640-480.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
7853026-640-480.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>160763652
The 03 version was just terrible melodramatic fanfiction and left so many loose ends compared to the original. Not to mention the sub-par animation. Unless it's nostalgia I don't understand how people can prefer it to Brotherhood.
>>
>>160767889
>sub-par animation
Yeah, you're a retard.

>I don't understand how people can prefer it to Brotherhood.
Sorry for your autism.
>>
>>160767889
And Brotherhood is bland shit with no stakes in sight. 03 did all of the content it adapted a huge favor.
>>
>>160767889
They don't care as much about the script making sense and proper characterization as they do about the atmosphere. 03 undoubtedly has better directing and visuals while being a far inferior story.
>>
>>160767889
This, 03 was such a train wreck, especially the main villain Dante. To make things even worse their dad in 03 was so useless.
>>
>>160768189
What doesn't make sense in the script, exactly?
>>
I know the popular opinion is that Brotherhood is better, but I much prefer the first series over the looney tunes antics and cliched "epicness" of Brotherhood.

Father was a lame villain, the homonculus in that series were just bland and forgettable henchmen, and many of the supporting characters (Yoki, Lan Pan) kinda sucked too.

I know people say "03 series tied too hard to be deep and edgy", but that's not true. It was a great show and surpassed the source material. Brotherhood was just okay.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.