[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WN/LN Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 30

File: Skeleton Knight 1.jpg (161KB, 1000x525px) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton Knight 1.jpg
161KB, 1000x525px
Thread for discussing web novels and light novels. Praise them, shit on them, bitch about shitty isekai, find new shitty series to pick up, and complain about bad writing, all in one thread. I'll start with a few I've been reading.

>Katahane no Riku

Nice in that it wasn't overly long (only 100 chapters), but Riku being a sociopath got old after a while. It was pretty decent aside from that with decent action and a straightforward and satisfying revenge story, so I'd recommend it if you've got half a day to kill.

>Vermillion

Surprised at how much I've liked it so far. It's a "trapped in VR MMO", but it's low fantasy where magic is actually rare and kinda shitty. MCs are OP (more like glass cannons) but still get their asses kicked in their first fight with some random bandits because they weren't paying attention, which I thought was a nice change of pace. People die easily and even a small mistake means death, so the initial bandit arc was actually pretty exciting. What I was really surprised about was the characters actually being multifaceted with somewhat complex (for a WN/LN at least) motivations and personalities. This is true for several side characters, but especially so for the male MC who has a remarkably believable and relateable approach to the problems, and manages to be one of the few characters I've seen that didn't immediately dip into complete pussy pacifist "good guy" or sociopathic mass murderer. Of course it could go to shit later on, but so far would absolutely recommend it.
>>
>The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich

This is a hard one. It ranges from really interesting, with a pretty rich backstory and an interesting cast of characters, to nonsensical and confusing slapstick. Even worse, it changes between the two without warning, giving you some serious whiplash when you try to keep up. Only on chapter 32 so far out of 150 translated, but I have high hopes it can be something really special if it smoothes out the transition between the actual story and the comedic sequences since I find the backstory and the rise, fall, and rise again of the MC pretty interesting to read about.

>Skeleton Knight in Another World

Exceedingly average in pretty much every way. World isn't unique, there's never any tension in battle with MC since he curbstomps everything, and his motivations rarely extend beyond food and helping women because they have vaginas. Even worse, MC is never bothered by anything, whether it's murdering someone or seeing someone be raped, and it all seems to slide off him like water. However, one thing that has kept me reading despite that is the author actually made a canonical reason why MC is so incredibly bland. Apparently in his skeleton form his emotions are suppressed, but when he temporarily gains his flesh form, his emotions come back, making him an emotional wreck from all the accumulated emotional stress. Not much has been done with this so far and it's starting to seem like the author threw it in just so he could get away with writing such a painfully bland MC, but I see potential for the MC going from shit to intriguing if this is played right. Add in a dream/nightmare of him going full lich on some guards and I have high hopes for suffering in the future. LN pictures are nice too, so that's a plus.
>>
File: 1501485375689.jpg (282KB, 1200x849px) Image search: [Google]
1501485375689.jpg
282KB, 1200x849px
Been reading Infinite Dendrogram. It's been pretty decent so far.

I just wish the protagonist wasn't an idiot. And by idiot I mean his conversational skills are just him parroting random words his conversation partner says.
Plus he looks even more stupid when literally everyone else is the intellectual type, save for Nemesis.

The only smart thing he's done is figure Figaro's ability before his other friends, but that was still with his brother spoonfeeding him hints on top of being not that hard to figure out.
>>
>>160722140
not /a/ faggot
>>>/jp/
>>
>>160722177
I don't think Arc is all that bland.
The guy is crazy enough to always full RP as his character, and doesn't seem the least bit phased over needing to lead a new life in a new world.
Sure nothing stands out in his personality, but there's far worse MCs out there.

Also, that dream wasn't him as the Lich.
>>
>reading in 2017

The only thing I'm reading now is overlord.
>>
inb4 thread sent to /jp/ to die
>>
>>160722267
Sounds kind of boring based off the synopsis, but pretty decent is fairly high praise. Does the story switch between real life and the game world since they don't seem to be stuck in the game? I am kind of interested on the switch where everyone but MC is smart, rather than the usual flip of everyone being retarded aside from MC.

>>160722418
He's not just bland, he's more like a blank slate. The only things he's shown even mild interest in are titties, his fox, and tomatoes. I don't dislike him necessarily, I just don't feel much of anything for him because there hasn't been much to see. That's why I am hoping recent developments will make him more of a person.

How was he not the lich? Didn't it have his cloak on?
>>
>>160722322
>>160722502
The funny part is there's no LN threads on /jp/ because no one there cares. They consider it closer to an /a/ thing.
That's why there's 0 threads for it despite /jp/ being a slow board to begin with.

I mean, you could always hide the thread.
>>
>>160722267
I don't think there is enough of it for me to gauge if I care for it or not, but I'll say that if nothing else it didn't make me die a little on the inside like some of my finds.
>>
>>160722559
i thought there was a LN thread on /jp/
I looked a few times but apparently /jp/ is a board for people who have actually accomplished something with their life (aka learning japanese instead of wasting their time with education and jobs) so all the novels they were discussing were indecipherable moonrunes to me and I stopped reading it
>>
I tried to read the spider isekai WN
I got pretty far but was forced to drop it when spider became a fucking god.
>>
>>160722673
I feel like some people are blinded by how cute the spider is, because they talk as if that WN didn't smash right into the same territory all the apparently much hated WN's are.
>>
>>160722673
That's when I dropped it too. It lost all appeal once she won but the story kept going. I also skipped every side story about the generic fantasy world around, I only read for spider shenanigans and levelling up.
>>
>>160722559
no faggot, allowing one thread exists would allow another one, then another one, then another one ad infinitum
/a/ has more than enough materials to discuss, no need to bring a whole other medium
just disguise it as an isekai thread like usual, no need for this pseudo general faggotry
>>
>>160722559
Don't take me wrong I have nothing against ln. Personally I think that ln should be on /a/ as long as they have manga or anime adaptations or they are available in english.
>>160722632
>i thought there was a LN thread on /jp/
Most likely sent from /a/
>>
>>160722750
>one thread
>psuedo general

I'd make this on /jp/ but they almost only talk about untranslated series. If you don't like this then just hide the thread.
>>
>>160722556
>Does the story switch between real life and the game world since they don't seem to be stuck in the game?
Real life gets mentioned in the game itself but there are no real life segments.
It's actually an ongoing plot point that many players consider the virtual world "alive" as it's too real. But they don't know how exactly in what way. One person mentions that it might be isekai, might be some sort of alien bullshit, a global-scale world virtualization project with them as the testers, whatever else. Plus, you get "NPC" viewpoints a lot, and it's an ongoing plot with them that some NPCs don't consider players "human" like they are either.

Also, the MC being a goddamn idiot isn't all that fun.
It comes in the form of everyone's always explaining shit to the MC since he can't figure anything out on his own.
>>
>>160722556
>spoiler
I read the raws for it, but that skeleton's heavily hinted to actually just be the pope for that religion mass producing undead in the latest ones.
Not explained why Arc had the dream, though.
>>
>>160722806
The setting sounds interesting, but that MC seems like he'd get on my nerves really quick. That's too bad.
>>
>>160722750
>/a/ has more than enough materials to discuss, no need to bring a whole other medium

anime, manga and novels are intertwined, kill yourself.
>>
>>160722891
Oh no, I agree. The MC is easily the worst part, and he's not...unbearable, maybe.
The sad part is he's supposed to be a smart guy, having gotten into the best college in Japan.
But I can't only take him being a fucking parrot so much.

>Guy: I have an idea.
>MC: Idea?
>Guy: But it will require your help.
>MC: Help?
I get showing you're paying attention in a conversation is important, and for readers cutting it into bite-sized pieces is good and all, but holy fuck give it a rest.
>>
Another series I read, at least up until the last TL. Seems like it might have been dropped but no word from the TLer and they're still doing other series.

>Lolibaba

Pretty fun, but simple reincarnation story of an old warlord hag reincarnated in a girl's body. She becomes an adventurer, then a mercenary and starts buying slaves to populate her mercenary corps. Doesn't seem to have any yuri since MC is staunchly straight and only buys men, so it might go reverse harem route if they ever do a timeskip. It's simple but fun, and a bummer there hasn't been an update in ten months.

Also Kansutoppu!, though that's filled with yuri shit. It started off really interesting, but it seems like the author either forgot that MC grew up from 6 tp 16 in a cave with monsters or has no idea how to write someone who is emotionally stunted. Initially it's pretty good in terms of her not knowing social norms, not knowing how to write, and not knowing how to dress properly, but after a while she has zero issues fitting in and knows things she shouldn't know considering her history. It's pretty jarring, especially since a lot of the appeal of the series was that the MC was OP as shit but borderline retarded from being alone since childhood and fighting for her life. Not bad enough to drop, but also not worth reading past the beginning of the tournament arc.

>>160722877
I wonder if skelepope is another reincarnated too then?
>>
>>160723026
That sounds pretty painful. I can stand a lot of shit in bad jap writing, but an MC that obnoxious is too much since you have to see them all the time.
>>
>>160723170
>spoiler
It's mentioned he can teleport like Arc does (and thus like Chiyome's ninja ancestor), but Arc notes that his necromancy is different than the game's. Which is to say, in the game it was basically you summon them and they disappear on their own eventually, but in the new world he seems to be able to create them endlessly and infinitely, assuming he has corpses of course. He also seems to be able to make custom bizarre creatures, which was also not in the game.
So there's chances he is but there isn't much to go on so far. All that's been hinted for him is apparently the empire killed a dangerous and infamous necromancer before that one person in the story believes may be the same person as the pope.
>>
File: shop.jpg (139KB, 736x592px) Image search: [Google]
shop.jpg
139KB, 736x592px
>>160722632
It should be mandatory for anyone posting on /jp/ to understand japanese. It what separates the man from the boy.
>>
>>160723309
Sounds interesting, looking forward to more translations in that case. A little disappointed with the generic "the church is total evil" stance, but if it's played right it could still be a good story piece. Do you know what happens with the personality change from temporarily regaining his flesh form?
>>
>>160723423
I don't read the translations, but I'd know anything about it that you wouldn't.
I don't recall his personality changing though. It's just the emotional stress built up while during his skeleton form comes out all at once when he goes back into elf form. Of course, while in elf form he's also capable of feeling the emotions in full as well, so he actually experiences the fear of having a sword pointed at him and stuff compared to not as a skeleton. I suppose that could appear to be a different personality?

But as far as I can recall, Arc has always 100% roleplayed as Arc regardless of the above.
The only time he isn't Arc is occasionally in his thoughts.
>>
>Arifureta
Still haven't read anything better than the beginning of Arifureta. Too bad author decided to fuck it up with incredible ass-pulls, stupid harem romance etc. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate romance (in fact I love the genre), it's just Arifureta does it incredibly badly.

>Dungeon Seeker
It would have been pretty good as well, but fuck this 'god/administrator' (in LN/WNs in general) shit, completely ruins the story.

>Mixed Bathing
This started off good, MC wasn't that OP, seemed like it would actually be a fun read, but alas, it's just another pussy MC with a harem (at least nothing happened until half-way though Volume 4).

>Realist Hero
Isn't that realist at all, only like the first chapter or two. Now he's just slightly more level-headed MC. Also, how does he keep his phone recharged?

>Kamigoroshi no Eiyuu
This is probably my favourite. MC understands that a girl likes him and actually is thinking things through. Had quite a nice world-building and well-written flashbacks give insight into what happened prior to current events.
>>
>>160723756
>Mixed Bathing
While he hasn't fucked anyone, I don't think he's particularly wimpy or anything.
He proactively bathes with everyone and all. Most harem garbage doesn't even get that far.
Isn't he mostly waiting for the main heroine to get back up with him anyway? Before going full mast, that is.

>Kamigoroshi no Eiyuu
>actually thinking things through
You mean constantly dodging the issue.
>>
>>160723592
Yeah, that's what I meant by him having a personality. Maybe it'd be better to say "him having emotions" beyond the bare minimum.

>>160723756
>Kamigoroshi no Eiyuu

Sounds interesting, picked up. Also thanks for the warning on Dungeon Seeker, I was planning on starting that this week but I'll shelve it instead.
>>
If you actually enjoy all these RPG-Mechanic Isekais you need to kill yourself
>>
>>160722632
There was, but it died a few days ago due to inactivity and no one made a new one so far.

>>>/jp/17233081
>>
>>160723026
Metal gear?
>>
>>160724018
Ah, right, Snake did it too.
But at least we got Snake's sexy voice for it.
>>
>>160723919
>Yeah, that's what I meant by him having a personality. Maybe it'd be better to say "him having emotions" beyond the bare minimum.
No, it's not explained why he doesn't have emotions in the first place as the skeleton.
Then again, he also appears to come with an bottomless skeleton (as in he can consume as much food as he wants), and swords can go through his bones and stuff with no damage to himself.
It's probably just a "feature" of being a skeleton like the above stuff.
>>
>>160724191
>bottomless skeleton
I meant to write stomach but am retarded, it would seem.
>>
>Isekai
>Isekai
>Isekai
>Isekai
>Demon Lord
>Demon God
>Demon Lord
>Demon God
When will this shit trend end? Chances are if the Light Novel has atleast 1 of these 2 elements, it's complete garbage and a Web Novel, which means it's a story so shit it couldn't even be adapted into a Light Novel
>>
>>160723844
Mmm... I might be a little biased towards it indeed, but for some reason I still like it that he actually understands the situation he's in.
>>
>>160724266
Agreed, most of them are pure shit. But since there's so much of it flowing, there's bound to be a gem or two hidden in there.
>>
>>160724266
Oh please Anon, have you read any novels without those things?
They still manage to be shit perfectly fine even without those elements.

It's just a matter of finding the golden nugget buried in the pile of shit.
>>
>>160724191
That's a shame, I was hoping the author would actually do something with that.

>>160724266
Every medium is shit. You don't go through it for the shit, you go through for the occasional diamond in the shit. I've only found a handful, but I really like the ones I have found so I keep digging anyways.
>>
File: no .png (26KB, 258x305px) Image search: [Google]
no .png
26KB, 258x305px
If anyone wants to read some of the shittiest, trashiest novels around, check out Oukoku e Tsuzuku Michi. See if you can get past my record of chapter 18.
>>
>>160724424
I genuinely belive poorly written storys without ISEKAI or DEMON LORD to be superior to stories with them
>>
>>160724584
You clearly haven't heard of Lv. 2 Cheat (or something similar) and this one novel where dude found out his childhood friend was in love with the Hero, so he hid in mountains and got op in 3 years etc.
>>
>>160724737
So you like school battle or school life shit?
You know, those awful series of nothing happening for 10 volumes, then the ending is he finally holds hands with the heroine.
>>
>>160724772
Ok, maybe I should have said the shittiest, trashiest novel I have ever read. It's fucking atrocious, but I guess there's always something worse.
>>
>>160724772
Forgot to mention "I got reincarnated and am mistaken for a genius?".
This is next level ass-pulling. Make robot twice the size? Genius! Absolutely mind-blowing!
>>
>>160724787
Yeah, shit like Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro are infinitely better to ARIFURETA and the likes. Im not saying they're pieces of good writing per se, but Im not looking for that in a Light Novel.
>>
>>160724787
I don't think anything is worse than blue balling series. It's a travesty shit like that gets slapped with the "romance" tag when the only romance is at the very fucking end.
>>
File: 91hbv06ocdl.jpg (379KB, 1100x1566px) Image search: [Google]
91hbv06ocdl.jpg
379KB, 1100x1566px
>>160724772
Lvl 2 Cheat is pretty much just a casual slice of life with the MC and his waifu. Plus all the characters having their own pairings is nice, rather than the MC just collecting all the girls.
>>
File: 00011.jpg (123KB, 1035x1473px) Image search: [Google]
00011.jpg
123KB, 1035x1473px
No one mentioning Tanaka the wizard ? It is really fun.
>>
Is anyone else following/reading Altina? I am on volume 4 right now.
>>
File: 00014.jpg (113KB, 1084x1541px) Image search: [Google]
00014.jpg
113KB, 1084x1541px
>>160725655
Pic related is the mind reading loli he sexually harasses.
>>
>>160725655
>Tanaka the wizard

You mean the one where he's surrounded by whores, even the one that "loves" him while fucking around?
>>
File: 00015.jpg (211KB, 1073x1526px) Image search: [Google]
00015.jpg
211KB, 1073x1526px
>>160725746
>>160725706
Following it but not really liking it a lot. Naval battle was literally the only good part .
>>
>>160725655
>>160725746
I heard the ending was shit so I never bothered.
I like the artist a lot, though.
>>
File: 000a.jpg (3MB, 1440x2048px) Image search: [Google]
000a.jpg
3MB, 1440x2048px
MEGA updated with manga volume 5 for those still following.

https://mega.nz/#F!dI4ADAqY!ajhek1mt_JRoYp_b5UIS8Q
>>
File: 00002.jpg (122KB, 1435x1020px) Image search: [Google]
00002.jpg
122KB, 1435x1020px
>>160725784
>You mean the one where he's surrounded by whores, even the one that "loves" him while fucking around?>>
Not everyone is used goods but still behave as they are, making them get off from MC s radar.
>>160725792
Hopefully LN ending is better, it looks like it was different starting from vol 3 already anyway.
>>160725877
Thanks but will wait for translations.
>>
>>160725908
I couldn't get into it due to the high density of thots. Call me a purityfag if you wish but that's just a huge turn off.
>>
>>160725950
I kinda understand you since i feel the same, but it is still kinda fun . Especially MC 's first kiss being stolen by
a fucking trap.
>>
File: danjon_cover1.jpg (195KB, 480x689px) Image search: [Google]
danjon_cover1.jpg
195KB, 480x689px
Reading the terrible translation of Hisshou Dungeon.

I was a bit surprised to learn that the succubus loli has been using her powers on MC every night and the girls have all been raping him as he slept. Latest chapter had MC afraid something was wrong with him because he had a beautiful girl that started sneaking into his futon laying against him, but he wasn't waking up with a boner.

At least the MC didn't actually have a problem with doing anything with them. He was just worried about them getting pregnant at a time when they're all so busy so he was refraining.
>>
Why exactly did Kino no Tabi stop getting an official translation past the first volume? I am not belittling the fan translations or anything, I just kind of wish that the volumes would get translated faster.
>>
>>160726390
Because it's not ISEKAI with POWERLEVELS and RPG-MECHANICS. Ergo it doesn't sell
>>
>>160726390
Most LNs that are actually decent don't get TLs. I.E. Guin Saga, Stars Chronicles, Kno no Tabi, etc. It's a shame that TLers only ever go after recent or trending series.
>>
>>160726390
Because like all LNs it is shit but this shit doesnt have many people who like it so no one would get a digital boner translating it.
>>
>>160726509
And I assumed that Jintai was ignored because the language was too hard for most of these translators. That makes sense.
>>
>>160726509
>guin saga
>implying anyone would want to translate all that stuff
Probably only js06 has that kind of time.
>>
>>160726390
It was licensing issues. Sigsawa didn't like how Tokyopop rearragned the chapters, so he called the deal off. Kino's gender was meant to be ambiguous for most of the first volume, but Tokyopop decided to make it explicit.

>>160726421
Stop being so triggered.
>>
>>160726559
That might be part of it without a doubt since most fan translators are shit at nip.

>>160726588
I meant fan translators and official ones. There were five official volume translations, then nothing. Even if fans don't want to bother, it'd be nice if the companies that bought the license would bother following through instead of scaring off what few fans might be interested by hoarding the license.
>>
>>160726588
You mean skill and speed instead of time since he's a normal working citizen like all of us.
>>
>>160726697
Tokyopop had the license for these and they went bankrupt or something along these lines if I remember correctly.
>>
>>160726699
I always tought that both Kamachi and js06 were both robots.
>>
File: 39abbfb8.jpg (74KB, 627x885px) Image search: [Google]
39abbfb8.jpg
74KB, 627x885px
>>160722267
As long as Dendro has Nemesis it has my loyalty.
>>
>>160722140
Skeleton elf pope/paladin/summoner is a cool dude.
>>
>>160722673
Dunno, I've found lazy NEET spider goddess a lot more fun than the skill salad leveling part.
>>
>>160726673
Kino's gender was meant to be ambiguous for most of the first volume, but Tokyopop decided to make it explicit.

Keeping someones gender hidden is a lot harder in english without sounding weird (and drawing attention to the fact that you're hiding the gender)
>>
>>160727020
That's true. I can see why Tokyopop did what they did and I honestly agree with their decision. Still didn't stop the author from getting upset though, but I guess that he valued attention to detail and was too afraid to let Tokyopop keep translating it.
>>
File: Tokyo Ravens Volume 15.jpg (277KB, 1124x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Tokyo Ravens Volume 15.jpg
277KB, 1124x1500px
Why does Tokyo Ravens have a lot of untranslated side stories? Hopefully some are still reading this series.
>all the EX side stories
>Sword of Song
>Another x Holiday
>-Girls Photograph-
Also here's the cover for Volume 15 which should be out in Fall
>>
>>160722722
>she won
Won what exactly? She's still weaker then Kuro, found out she's was literally a happy accident from D, and hasn't accomplished Ariel's goal. Her achieving administrator status hasn't done shit because the "goddess" is an absolute retard who'd let the world be destroyed then relinquish her role as the lynchpin of the system.
>>
>>160727205
Her goal from the start was escaping the dungeon to be safe. She accomplished that, yet the story kept going after tossing everything that made the previous 200 or so chapters entertaining. Would have preferred if it just ended and started a sequel with her being a god instead, would have been far better.
>>
>>160722140
If you read LNs in English you might be clinically retarded.
>>
>>160727388
>clinically retarded
wheredoyouthinkyouare.svg
>>
>>160727388
>implying lns are some form of high literature that loses anything when translated
light novels are basically popcorn films. nobody is reading them and expecting art. they're looking to kill a few hours.
>>
>>160727120
Because HABATAKU RABENS isn't exactly most people's cup of tea, I mean I love it but I love a lot of stuff no one cares about, half my reading list on NU is obscure shit only 2 other people read because I'm that desperate for janky reading material.
>>
>>160727285
She wanted out of the labyrinth because she thought she was a human reincarnated into a spider. Goes to figure shit changes when she finds out the truth, although her plans changed when she first met Kuro.
>>
File: Mio.jpg (48KB, 329x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mio.jpg
48KB, 329x480px
Best girl coming through.
>>
>>160727388
>learning a useless language just to read dimerag novels

>>160727732
Cute.
>>
>>160727732
>wanting a slut who has eaten countless men of all races
>>
>>160727732
If that ends without him giving Mio and Tomoe the D, I'll be supremely disappointed. At this point I actually want Lime to fuck him
>>
>>160727732
>hiatus
Why must thou remind me?
>>
File: sevens-ln-v01.jpg (2MB, 1447x2095px) Image search: [Google]
sevens-ln-v01.jpg
2MB, 1447x2095px
Who /sevens/ here?
>>
>>160725790
>LN illustrations even have nipples
Fucking glorious
>>
>>160727802
>not saying countless men of all races inside her
>>
>>160727859
The good news is that according to the author's twitter, he's out of the hospital and writing again.
The bad news is that he got sucked into Fate/GO.
>>
>>160727944
Third a best
>>
>>160724584
It was actually a good read. Caught up with the translations
>>
File: Gurako.png (115KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Gurako.png
115KB, 300x400px
>>160727994
>Fate/GO
Is someone talking about gacha?
>>
>>160728009
Seriously? I like smut and badass MCs but this was just retarded.

>EVERY woman wants his cock
>he has a massive horsecock that every woman accomodates without issue
>he fucks a widow next to her kids
>he fucks traumatized slaves and somehow cures their trauma with his cock
>only reason he's nice to a little girl is because he hopes it'll be easier to fuck her in a few years
>rapes a woman next to the beheaded head of her lover and father figure and she's cool with it
>every woman he fucks falls madly in love with him because of the power of his gallons of cum ejaculating horsecock

Unless it radically changes focus from him fucking everything in sight, I just don't see how that can happen.
>>
>>160728128
Rance?
>>
>>160726390
I'm pretty sure the magical girl spin off has a translation if you're into that stuff.
>>
>>160727944
Sevens is one of the best novels I have ever read.

Shannon best girl
>>
>>160728188
Not tongue in cheek enough.
>>
>>160728128
Sounds like it's so ridiculous that it becomes entertaining.
>>
>>160722177
>The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich
it starts off quite decent then goes to shit
>>
File: smug Natsumoe.png (389KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
smug Natsumoe.png
389KB, 800x1000px
>>160727609
It's good to see some people still remember and read it
>>
Who here likes Altina, the Sword Princess?
>>
>>160727944
Will any MC ever top Best Lyle? I think not. Miranda was best girl in the harem, her grandmother was best girl period.
>>
>>160728228
You'd think so, but it didn't reach that point for me. It was played too straight to become "so bad it's good", and instead stayed "so bad it's just bad". It's a shame, because stories about handsome, muscular, charismatic MCs are pretty rare since they don't excel on the self insert angle.
>>
>>160728282
That's a serious shame. Around when does it go to shit? I was getting pretty into it now that the main lich quest was taking off and it was revealed that the lich wants to overthrow the gods of Order and Chaos.
>>
>>160728334
I have it on my nu reading list but haven't gotten around to reading it. Is it good? I've heard only bad things about the male mc though. Seems he's really self deprecating to the point it's frustrating to read.
>>
>>160728337

Best Lyle vs that sea monster was the highlight of the novel.

I also cried sometimes during the last few volumes, the last Mr Lyle Awards, some of the Valkyries, Porter's last fight... The chapter on the future was amazing. Monica is great
>>
>>160728463
You read it for Altina and for the crazy strategies. He self deprecates, but he is not Shinji. He fights out of his own will.
>>
>>160728282

I just can't even bother reading CN novels anymore, after ISSTH ended I've never had interest in anything else.

Used to read MW and TMW but they're so filler laced and fluffed up with extra text that I couldn't read them anymore.
>>
>>160723756
I actually liked Arifureta. It immediately presents itself with some problems (MC quickly becoming edgelord, strange dialogue options), and then resolves them later in (MC becomes aware that he's a walking edgelord cliche and develops a sense of shame about it, strange dialogue options subside and get phased out as characters develop more). It shows that the author was actively developing this over time and was receptive to criticism.

On top of that, it's actually a pretty solid story with a good amount of work behind it. MC introduces advances from his world in a sensible and just-believable-enough fashion that you're not forced to try and answer why stuff works. MC actually sticks with the first girl he sees, and the pair continually cock-tease the rest of the ensemble that invariably gravitates around the MC. They built a decent enough world with its own parameters and vague end goals and locations and dungeons and background characters.

The author puts a lot of focus on developing not just the characters, but their relationships with each other. After reading tons of stories where the cast is literally MC + girls and all of the interactions are either MC + girl or catty girl-girl interactions, it's refreshing to see actual developments involving background characters and secondary characters and the girls around MC.
>>
>>160728556
I usually dislike Chinese novels because the protagonists are psychopaths and assholes (not much better than the villains), most of the times. Wu Don Qian Kun's protagonist is OK.
>>
>>160728461
around the time he regains a human body. it becomes less scheming fun shenanigans and more training to lvl up his op but weak fleshbag
>>
>>160727971
Artist even made hentai of her.
https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/6155692
>>
>>160728588

It is very annoying that everyone is a murderhobo out to kill, rape, and rob you if you're weaker than you.

That dog eat dog shit is heavily influenced by their own terrible culture so you can't even blame them for making their settings like that.
>>
wanna recommend running away from the hero since it was pretty good but translations seem to have stalled or are locked behind a paywall
>>
>>160728670
What a slut.
>>
>>160728494
Porter is the real MC, lol.
>>
>>160728672
>It is very annoying that everyone is a murderhobo out to kill, rape, and rob you if you're weaker than you.
>That dog eat dog shit is heavily influenced by their own terrible culture so you can't even blame them for making their settings like that.

Wuxia novels made me absolutely terrified of a future where China is the biggest power. America has all the degeneracy that /pol/ complains about, but at least it is not a dog eat dog world.
>>
File: file.jpg (177KB, 498x708px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
177KB, 498x708px
So wild last boss finally got its web novel translated. Also got its first Manga chapter translated too.

My Overlord can't be this cute
>>
The actual LNs I've been reading recently?

>Rakudai
Honestly, it's okay to mediocre. I mean, sure, Mc and Stella actually get together, but that aside it's just MUH WEAK POWERS WHICH ARE ACTUALLY STRONK BECAUSE I TRAINED and more battle harem shit. I mean, it's better than most battle harems out there, but that's a low hurdle to jump. Did like the idea of a trans character, though - that's pretty rare. As is a girl the Mc helps who doesn't become part of his harem.

>Nigirito - That one WN where the Mc isekais into a baby

I actually was expecting more SoL stuff, but there is an annoyingly long amount of time spent going over magical power (temp) and fairies discussing the world's history. Do we really need paragraphs over paragraphs about how Lilianne is actually secretly an expert in magic who trains by multitasking? And they can't think of any way to make organic world building, even though the MC is a fucking baby?

>Sekai Game
The one where the MC uses the game's glitches to get stronger. I liked this one, although the ending felt half-baked. MC just leaves Train Girl, then goes on an airship to avoid the climactic battle? That's the climax? Still, I'm surprised no other series look at game mechanics like this one does - if you're going to add in apprisals and shit, at least put in the whole package.

>The Faraway Paladin

Honestly, this was really fucking good. I've only read the first two LNs so far, but I like how the MC actually had to work to become strong, rather than get cheats dumped on his lap, and how his first partner is a bro. Only real complaint is that there aren't that many female characters besides Robina so far, and how she and Tonio really don't do that much in the 2nd book, but I'm looking forward to more of this series.
>>
>>160728591
That's not too bad. I mean, his scheming is fun but as long as the leveling up isn't too long I could probably tolerate it. Does he ever get to play hide the sausage like he wants?

>>160728588
>>160728672
>>160728752
>tfw China or India are going to be the world powers in the future

Pretty sure we're in the worst timeline.
>>
>>160728822
I read the first manga chapter. It seems a lot like that one LN where the catgirl and elf summon a demon lord but it's the Mc trying to act like one, except the main character is a chick.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 189x267px
>>160728822
Yo I just finished reading it. Speaking of which My one question is this, does this page kind of hint at that she's actually been here before?
Like maybe this isn't really the game world but a real world she's to?
>>
>>160728822
>another OP MC that does jack shit and wants a "peaceful" life

Is it as boring and shitty as it sounds?
>>
>>160728903
Nice thumbnail.
>>
>>160728827
>The Faraway Paladin
>Heroines
This series likes fucking with the heroines thing.
The closest thing to a heroine is his patron god.
The second closest thing is his parton god's sister, the undead god who wants demigod babies.
And then you have the easiest candidate to get with, a prostitute who he just becomes normal friends with everything they do basically screaming they'll never get to together, and the author manages to make you not even really want to hope for it.

He's better off just sticking with muscles and cash at this point.
>>
>>160728856
Eh, the concept of a dog-eat-dog world is rampant in every competitive culture. Capitalism is basically a bunch of companies doing whatever they can for profit.

Who knows? It's possible that as more people realize they have power in China, they can revolt.
>>
>>160728856
He is a shota. Spends most of his SOL adventures by running away from rapist dark elves.
>>
What's the current hotness in LN/WNs?
>>
>>160728949
Really? Huh. I even thought they mentioned in the first novel that Gracefeel is androgynous.

Well, I guess it's to be expected. The author's a /tg/ guy, so maybe he just writes what he's familiar with.
>>
>>160728872
Yeah except this one slightly different. Being this is actually a high fantasy disguised As he sick I should be classified as mystery really there's a whole lot of background plot revolving around why mc is even there and who the hell is Rufus and who are all the other people. Are they NPC or real.
It's less of a wish-fulfillment story, and more of an adventure, meet 'old' friends, and unravel the mystery of what the fuck's going on.
And the final mystery of who the hell am

>>160728903
You getting there. you're close to the correct answer.

Also finally the story is actually DBZ tear in power level. Meaning there's at least 10 people who could split the plan in half
>>
>>160728827
The Faraway Paladin is hands down the best LN I have read so far, especially that great first volume. I also love that his first companion is a bro and not a woman who instantly wants to gobble his cock. Can't wait for volume 3; if this quality keeps up then I will be so happy I'll even buy a hardcopy to support the author. I wouldn't mind no female characters, I feel like at this point everything is so oversaturated with women that for once an all male adventure crew would be a breath of fresh air, especially if there is little to no romance.

Agreed with Sekai Game, was really annoyed with how he just ditched Train Girl. I am keeping up with it but I have not liked the recent developments and how the MC is acting, even if the author tries to justify it. The retard princess that one shots all monsters isn't helping either.
>>
>>160729039
>I even thought they mentioned in the first novel that Gracefeel is androgynous.
She is. But I'll tell you something fun.
Gods can be whatever gender they want to be.
>>
File: displeased3.png (145KB, 851x720px) Image search: [Google]
displeased3.png
145KB, 851x720px
>>160729027
>He is a shota

God fucking damnit.
>>
>>160728909
No actually.
MC iS actually the last boss who thinks she's a Japanese kid.
>>
>>160728822
all i see is the first chapter translated. was this licensed or something?
>>
>>160729150
It just started. It wasn't translated before because the author said that he was embarrassed and that he didn't know if his novel was going to get popular. That was several years ago. It's now popular. And we got his consent
>>
>>160729233
>consent
Why bother? There's a surprisingly (or not) a lot of Japanese authors that are against shit like this, which will likely never affect them besides more exposure for their novel.
Not everyone is as cool as the Vermillion author.
>>
>>160728909
She eventually does get around to massacring people the more of her memories get unlocked.

Basically it's a math formula. More memories = more Rufus less jap MC.

And more towards the end she does start becoming a full-fledged going to end half the world last boss.
Because the story actually has a plot. Which is mainly centered around her and the goddess. spoiler:the goddess is fucking evil
>>
File: Horizon mozgus.jpg (107KB, 640x536px) Image search: [Google]
Horizon mozgus.jpg
107KB, 640x536px
Where my Kawakami fags at?
>>
File: 1.jpg (1MB, 1000x1421px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1MB, 1000x1421px
Average abilities was fine till the translator changed and it stopped being readable.
>>
>>160729330
She isnt evil , just a retarded third rate amateur movie director fond of the hero vs maou cliche .
>>
>>160729143
>>160729330
Sounds kinda neat. I guess since it just started I might as well pick it up, thanks for the info.
>>
File: simg016_005.jpg (281KB, 869x1230px) Image search: [Google]
simg016_005.jpg
281KB, 869x1230px
>try to summon hero
>Accidentally released sealed last boss

What do?
>>
>>160729442
The imouto dude is a plague.
>>
>>160729423
/jp/
>>
Faraway Paladin vol 3 got released on Amazon, in case you guys were wandering. Still the best LN, and no girls.

Dungeon Defense is a good psychotic thriller for those who are tired of usual isekai. Some scenes were very memorable.

Kuro no Maou is a good and brutal isekai that spares no punches. It has slower pace but much more details than others, and it doesn't shy away from the uglier sides of a world ruled by violence. Great for binge reading.

Release that Witch is a strangely interesting tale of kingdom building laced with whole chapters just talking about mechanical engineering combined with magic. It has imagination. You get attached to the town they're building and defending against monsters and invaders.

Most LNs are terrible but those above are passable.
>>
This one is okay.
>>
>>160729610
Wait a minute... If the last boss was already sealed... Why were they trying to summon a hero?
>>
>>160729610
Explain further.
>>
>>160729756
that one was fun until the translations went to machine translated shit
>>
>>160729769
If she's last boss-tier, there's an extra boss-tier.
>>
>>160729699
>Kuro no Maou
Speaking of which, the author's author work is also pretty good. It has a faster pace story-wise as well, so there isn't 5-chapter-long fights or anything.
The protagonist is more the practical, somewhat cowardly intellectual type, compared to Kurono's somewhat dense-headed big brave guy.

As usual, the only available heroine at the present time is yandere.
>>
>>160729756
Shitty translations.
>>160729769
She is a wild boss, kinda like the extra one stronger than the game plot last boss.
>>
>Master of Monsters will probably never be updated again

Fuck.
>>
>>160728822
Megane Rufus stronk.
>>
File: 2.jpg (439KB, 1200x854px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
439KB, 1200x854px
This one is about lolis, feet and making a dungeon from scratch. Got few laughs out of it too.
>>
File: 91BQ8DSqUYL.jpg (548KB, 1600x2279px) Image search: [Google]
91BQ8DSqUYL.jpg
548KB, 1600x2279px
SLIME SEX
>>
>>160729888
Meat a cute. Don't sexualize.
>>
>>160729610
That's a manga though, not a novel.

>>160729699
Hell yes, is it up on nyaa yet? Can't buy until the end of the year so I'm going to pirate. Also you have pretty good tastes.
>>
File: Ruphas.png (2MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ruphas.png
2MB, 1200x1200px
>>160728903
She's that girl to begin with. When she was sealed away, she actually reincarnated in Japan as that guy. Basically you can say the Goddess just stuck her soul back in her true form.
>>
>>160729769
>>160729823
Actually she isn't the last boss. She's the wild last boss. There's actually an official last boss that the player stopped caring about because she existed.
You know, that last boss who's scared of this last boss.(which is true plot wise. They will eventually meet again) and he's also kind of in love with her. In fact I think two other last boss are also in love with her. The vampire princess last boss is definitely in love with her. But in a "I love you so much, I want to fight with you to the death" kind of love
>>
>>160729610
Wet yourself. Rufus is still saner than the Wortenia Senki guy.
>>
File: Danmachi Vol 12.jpg (395KB, 1434x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Danmachi Vol 12.jpg
395KB, 1434x2048px
>You're finally able to read moon runes after 5 years but have nobody to talk about the shitty non-translated editions of LNs you enjoy

A-anybody else read Danmachi up until the latest volume? It's a guilty pleasure but I like the series.
>>
>>160729330
So it's a rip-off of Futsuu no Fantasy
>>
>>160729769
She was considered something like the extra secret boss. The Demon Lord was the actual final boss.
>>
Not /a/
Fuck you
FUCK YOU!
>>
>>160730018
I can read moon runes too but I haven't read Danmachi in a while so I still can't talk with you about it.
>>
File: simg022_004.jpg (258KB, 869x1230px) Image search: [Google]
simg022_004.jpg
258KB, 869x1230px
Legit question here. Which would you rather reincarnate as.
a loli? Or a full-fledged fully developed royal woman?
>>
>>160729907
I'm surprised how fast it happened. Usually this shit takes forever to happen.
>>
>>160729978
I loved the two s date in japan.
>>
>>160730104
>Children of People
Shitty translator.
>>
>>160730075
Cry more faggot.

>>160730104
If the loli has powers to make up for being a kid, then the loli so I have a longer life. If the loli is a normal kid then the older woman so I don't die a beggar's death as an unwanted orphan.
>>
>>160730104
What is the point of living life if you already reincarnated as a old hag already? Experience youth again.
>>
How is Hakai Me no Yuuri? Saw a thread a few weeks ago and forgot about it until now.
>>
>>160729888
Bit late for that
>>
>>160730165
It's pretty much a story showing how much one can be fucked over by their 'cheats'.
>>
Do you guys read those absurd porn LNs like Pure Love Insult Complex ?
>>
>>160730165
Main character wanted a harem. He got one in a way he hadn't planned.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/jp/17424730
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.