[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are braces so rare in anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Why are braces so rare in anime?
>>
Makes it harder to suck dick.
Also because Japan I guess.
>>
They're also rare in Japan. That's why everyone's teeth are hideous.
>>
>>160715689
teeth arent sexy
apart from fangs, but thats strictly 2d only
>>
a better question is why are braces only shown on straight teeth
>>
>>160715689
You don't get braces in Japan until you're 20, in almost all cases. It's not uncommon around the world. You can put them on earlier, like in the US and Canada, and with a lot of extra care that can work out, even though your teeth are still growing and shifting and settling into their adult alignment. But if you wait, it's generally cheaper and easier. You need less visits and adjustments and so on. That's why crooked teeth are treated like something cute in both anime and real life in Japan. It's a sign that you're still under 20. And braces are basically invisible in anime because no one in anime is over 20.
>>
You'd have to draw them in every time.
That's a lot of effort for a niche fetish.
>>
File: Mike LGBT VS ACDC Pence.jpg (119KB, 1024x781px) Image search: [Google]
Mike LGBT VS ACDC Pence.jpg
119KB, 1024x781px
>>160715791
>teeth arent sexy
Get the clamps fellas, we've got a live one over here.
>>
>>160715856
Stop forcing your shitty meme, it doesn't even make sense in this context.
>>
>>160715689
Periodontics doesn't exist in anime because 2D already have perfect teeth.

For real though, it's because East Asian culture doesn't place that much importance on oral hygiene. Their dental standards are lackluster, and many professionals cut corners. To them, good looking teeth are like how we view plastic surgery here: kind of fringe and risky unless you pay out the ass to hire someone who really, REALLY knows what they're doing. So usually only the rich and famous get them, if that.
>>
File: tomoyo291.png (59KB, 675x709px) Image search: [Google]
tomoyo291.png
59KB, 675x709px
>>160715689
>>
>>160715689
My guess is that they'd be a pain to animate, which is a shame because they're cute as hell. Also I don't think nips care about having good teeth since they find ugly shark mouth "cute" like the savages they are.
>>
>>160715834
Wait so the loli fang is actually a tooth that is just really out of alignment?
>>
File: fang.jpg (304KB, 1331x2000px) Image search: [Google]
fang.jpg
304KB, 1331x2000px
>>160715791
Says you.

>>160717506
See pic related.
>>
>>160718491
What the fuck's going on with her hair?
>>
>>160719586
You really need to go out more
>>
>>160715689
the same reason we never see acne or vocal fireworks in anime
>>
>>160715992
>oral hygiene
Non-american countries tend to not care as much about the APPEARANCE of teeth, in terms of straightening or whitening. They still do oral hygiene.
It's like saying Euros have bad dick hygiene because they don't cut their foreskins off, or Chinese have bad eyelid hygeine because they don't do that one cosmetic eyelid surgery thing that everyone in Korea gets.
Brushing and flossing is hygeine, but braces are mostly cosmetic (except in very extreme cases).
>>
Braces are stupid and I don't respect them. Be yourself
>>
>>160715689
I want to get my cum stuck in her braces.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.