[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oyasumi Punpun thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: (laughs).jpg (39KB, 601x445px) Image search: [Google]
(laughs).jpg
39KB, 601x445px
Didn't see one in the catalog

What do you like about the manga? What do you not like about it?

Just finished reading the series earlier this year and never got the chance to discuss it with anyone who'd read it

I relate to Aiko the most

Punpun, too, but I have avoided becoming as terrible a person as he did, thank god
>>
File: Howls of laughter.jpg (132KB, 408x702px) Image search: [Google]
Howls of laughter.jpg
132KB, 408x702px
Who did it best?
>>
>>160702276

is that from the Viz one? a lot of the wording seems to be more awkward generally

i have to say, the more I see of it, the more I prefer the fan translation. I even prefer the font

if that's real, it's awful. simply having (laughs) really adds to the lack of real emotion and how hollow Punpun is, how much humanity he's lost
>>
File: 1473925311783.gif (978KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1473925311783.gif
978KB, 350x197px
>>160702276
How do you howl laughter?
Awo-awo-awooooooo?
>>
Fucking depressed and annoying teenager. I know the author wanted to depict an average and normal human life in japan by conveying struggles and worries the human has to face in a civilized and well ordered society and showing the evil which can impregnate the human along the road of life. I appreciate the intention but this manga is just ao boring and once i finished i realized i have learned nothing worth. It was like watching a kids TV program that teaches basic general knowledge like colors and letters. The drawing design seems pretty well elaborated but it's not even "masturbable"
>>
>>160703676
Pretty sure the Japanese is simply (warau) so adding howls just seems like overdoing it. I haven't actually read Viz's translation so I have no idea how it is, but even Hox was relatively new when he was translating volumes 3-5 and he admits to making a fair bit of mistakes early on, not to mention his poor typesetting skills back then.
>>
>>160704650
Also Japanese shouldn't make philosophical anime/manga. It just sucks. Many of us just want to fap to our favorite characters and have fun.
>>
I don't give a fuck, I love this manga. I know /a/ shits on it, and on Asano Inio in general.

"It's edgy teenager crap for plebs"
"3DEEP5ME"
"What a hack"
"Pseudo philosophical drek"
etc.

I don't care. I'm a grown ass man with two college degrees and I like Asano. I think he's an excellent writer and an extremely talented artist. Punpun was great, and I think his use of photographs in his artistic process is really interesting and clever despite people shitting on him for it.
>>
>>160704998
>grown ass man
Good luck trying to find mature adult deep anime/manga. Most anime is for teenagers and losers friendless people like me whose life is miserable and lonely. Really you are the typical faggot who wants great and epic moments plus elaborated and very deep plots.
>>
>>160705202
This, good mature manga is hard as shit to find.
>>
>>160702167
It was a bit edgy, but overall I really liked it. One of my favourite manga.
My life is not quite as fucked up as Punpuns, but some parts really hit home. People are always talking about how pessimistic or depressing the manga is, but I found it also had some great uplifting parts.

Didn't like the whole Pegasus subplot though. It felt like Asano trying to go to deep and was just way too annoying overall.
>>
File: IMG_20161118_214847.jpg (1MB, 3328x1872px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161118_214847.jpg
1MB, 3328x1872px
I like the character development
>>
>>160707968
Moping about trivial problems for 13 volumes isn't character development.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.