[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of this arc? Was it just one big fedora tip by Oda?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: skypiea.jpg (129KB, 790x593px) Image search: [Google]
skypiea.jpg
129KB, 790x593px
What was the point of this arc? Was it just one big fedora tip by Oda?
>>
>>160697513
fun?
>>
One Piece is worse than Naruto.
>>
File: enelem.jpg (45KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
enelem.jpg
45KB, 600x400px
What did he mean by this? Is he saying that Eminem is the GOAT rapper?
>>
>>160697655
Only if you have shit taste.
>>
>>160697513
That was the best OP arc though.
>>
>>160697926
What makes you say that? It has some cool world building aspects but it kind of overstays its welcome
>>
>>160697513
This arc literally only exists so that Robin has enough time to become "one of the crew" so that Water 7 and Enies Lobby don't become the "Aw man we totally have to risk our lives and declare war on the world government for that lady we just met." arc.

Try to prove me wrong, the only significant thing introduced was early haki. That being said it was really fun and is one of my favorite arcs.
>>
>>160698101
Her introduction to the crew was so poorly handled. She should've at least taken a stronger stand and had a bigger change of heart against Crocodile so the straw hats at least know she's good before they take her on
>>
It would have been weird if they went right to Water 7 for Nico Robin to sacrifice herself for a crew she doesn't even know.
>>
>>160698101

Seeing Enel utilize the lightning logia was pretty cool
>>
>>160698101
introduction of
>haki
>powerful logia users
>gol d Roger was here
>a ponyglyph
>dials
>wavers
>>
>>160697513
Calgara and Noland are god tier characters though
>>
>>160698190
>a bigger change of heart against crocodile
she was never not against crocodile in the first place. at most she was indifferent. the fact that she has drifted from one organization to the next everytime the previous one falls is a huge part of her backstory. Crocodile was just another phase and so were the strawhats at first.
>>
>>160698420
dont forget the introduction of the concept of sky islands themselves, which i feel is a super cool and important aspect to the world of One Piece
>>
>>160698617
and is still relevant in the story
>>
>>160698617
This. The idea of sky islands is a big deal. You can't just have them pop up without having established them. And they have. Nami went to one during the timeskip and Kaido jumped off one. If that arc hadn't established them, people would be wondering what was happening.

Also, it set up Enel going to the moon, which I still think will turn out to be important later and might be the ancient weapon Uranus. Or even Raftel itself.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.