[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good subs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

So where do you guys actually get your subs from? The only people I know who do a decent job is Doki for New Game.

But holy hell is it hard to find good subs for anything else.
>>
>>160686533
>Doki for New Game
They seem to be misspelling half the names.
>>
I want to tickle the soles of those feet.
>>
>>160686659
they are going by the official merch I guess.
It's a little weird, since they go by the "correct" spellings in their manga translations
>>
>>160686533
What's wrong with HS?
>>
File: 51417b6f3ce502d412e9175b83d3f9a6.jpg (505KB, 1609x907px) Image search: [Google]
51417b6f3ce502d412e9175b83d3f9a6.jpg
505KB, 1609x907px
>>160686738
Not sure if trolling, but...

they are just crunchyroll rips

so you get the bad "Translations"
>>
>>160686533
Seems like "good" is opinionated to an extent
I for example prefer altered subs over translations that dont read well, but many anons complain about alterations
>>
>>160686832
How is this supposed to be translated? He says it in English, right?

t. secondary
>>
>>160686832
Most sub groups just rewrite crunchyroll subs and add english memes.
The only real service they do is translate signs and karaoke, but those aren't vital.
>>
File: Exploitable.jpg (470KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Exploitable.jpg
470KB, 2560x1440px
>>160686871
I prefer subs with no localizations. As the 2 examples I gave. A tanuki is not a "monkey" and It's Full Cowl, not Cowling (which is a fucking synonym of Cowl)
>>
>>160686659
Just an alternate romanization system
>>
>>160687044
FFF used to be okay sometimes a few years back, but they're just as bad as C*mmie now.
>>
>>160687000
nice quads

No He says "Full Cowl" in 'english' not "cowling"
[ フルカウル ] Furu kauru

It's a pointless change and that is what bothers me about it.
>>
>>160687175
sorry I didn't read your first part correctly, disregard the "no"
>>
>>160687099
If you're better than cartel you get sabotaged. Interesting how Asenshi is absent this season because of a mysterious lack of staff.
>>
>>160686659
Yeah what's up with that.
>>
If you have enough knowledge of moonspeak to tell that subs aren't good, then you should be able to get through the episode just fine without relying on the faulty aspects of the translation.
If you've been watching anime for long enough, you'll know what commonly mistranslated things mean just going by ear, so you'll fall into that top category.
If you need to rely entirely on bad subs in order to understand the conversation, then you haven't watched enough anime and you haven't been watching it for long enough, and you shouldn't be here.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.