[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why so many people didn't like berserk movies? i really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (198KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198KB, 1920x1080px
Why so many people didn't like berserk movies?
i really enjoyed them, in my opinion it was really good give me real reason why its bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGwm5rQ2T1U
>>
Learn English.
>>
CLANG
>>
The movies are the best adaptation Berserk has at the moment, for better or worse.
>>
>>160672625
but this one doesn't have them
>>
Anyone else think that the golden age arc is 10/10, but don't care for the rest? I think it fucking sucked how Griffith became this god like being while Guts just travels around with his jrpg party for 20 years. To me it feels like the story became too big for its own good and we will never see a satisfying ending.
>>
This seems like a good place to ask: Apart from the Darkhorse versions, what is the best Berserk translation and where to read it? I've read a good chunk of the Band
of the Hawk scans but have been told there's better out there.
>>
>>160672839
after golden arc lots of crazy shit i dont like, like that shitty fairy comedic relief
>>
>>160672588
>>160672660
90s berserk was the best nothing will beat the grasses
>>
I think it's because most people did the following:
Anime -> Manga -> Films
>>
>>160672839
I disagree, I actually like the Golden Age arc a lot less than the rest of the manga. Parts of it bored me half to death.
>>
>>160672839
The first time through I enjoyed everything after just as much as the Golden Age but it was indeed kind of special. After reading through the manga a couple of times I enjoy the parts after Golden Age more though, it's kind of just setting up and gives an introduction to the real story.
>>
>>160672588

Lazy bullshit CGI.

I don't care what your fucking argument is for CGI these movies maybe only second to the 2016 and 2017 TV shows are the biggest offenders of using CGI. And the CGI isn't even that bad in the movies, BUT I didn't watch the movies for CGI. I watched them because I'm a fan of berserk.

What is berserk known for? Much less so now than when it started, but it's amazing visuals and illustrations. The characters (excluding the mascots) and story are top notch too, but the visuals, the way they potray the setting, the characters, the tone, everything else rides on the laurels of the illustrations.

But what we got was the movies was in certain parts, animation that did justice to the quality of the source material. But in other parts, lazy, cheap, tatentless, misdirected CGI padding that showed either a lack of funds, a lack of planning, or most importantly a lack of desire to deliver a proper quality production.

It's the purest example of taking media that has such loyal and desperate fans that as long as you can provide the bare minimum of what a vast majority of them can put up with, you can make a quick buck off of them. "Oh our movies aren't ENTIRELY CGI, look at this Sakura scene here, Oh and look! There's another one here, right after all those troublesome fighting scents are out of the way. We tried to provide you with what you wanted to see, but it can't be helped, CGI is nessecary now a days."

I don't watch anime to watch half assed mid 2000's JRPG cutscene animation. I want hand drawn (or digital whatever) 2D animation that at least attempts to fucking honor the source material, if it is adapted from a visual medium such as manga. These movies paved the way for the TV shows to happen because they took it even further and allowed a studio that should have no rights being anywhere near berserk shit out two god awful train wrecks because the fans who put up with this shit have turned into such bottom feeders.
>>
>>160672588
I liked them. They had many scenes written out better than the 90s anime and the soundtrack was very good too. Obviously they skip a lot but as an advertisement for manga, they work good.
>>
>>160673250
i agree on that, i wish it was all animated instead of CGI
>>
>>160672588
As someone who started with the manga, not the 90s anime, I think the movies are the best adaptation of Berserk yet. They leave out A LOT of details and scenes, so if you haven't read the manga, you won't like them as much. But I had read the manga, so the only reason I had for watching an anime adaption of Berserk was to see how Berserk looks with sound and animation. And in that regard, they're the best looking and sounding adaptation of Berserk.

The first movie in the trilogy was kind of bad. The animation was clunky and the models looked and felt weightless for some reason. But the second one improves that a bit, and the third one is huge improvement. Even being CGI, they manage to show a lot of emotions on their characters' faces. It also looked pleasing. Clean and nice, at times dirty and rough. It managed to look nice. As for the sound, it was consistently good. I especially loved Griffith's voice actor. The voice they gave Griffith was perfect and made me even more gay for him.

So yeah, for me, they're the best we've got so far.
>>
>>160673836
as i notice most complain only about CGI and nothing else. But even that CGI don't deserve the hate it gets its not as complete shit we have now
>>
>>160672966

Evil Genius Scans
>>
>>160674055
Thanks.
>>
>>160672588
But I like them.

I can understand the moments they cut due to how little they affect the story and to make the trilogy feel more contained. But what I didn't like was the awkward and crude CGI in places. It just didn't look natural with the rest of the traditionally animated characters.
>>
>>160672588

I didn't think they were bad. But they were boring to a degree since I knew the story already. Felt a bit pointless to watch them after all but of course I knew that from the start. And they also had that smooth hollywood feel to them which does not make them very memorable.

Maybe they should have started off after the lost children arc like the cgi anime. I somehow doubt the movies introduced a lot of new people to the series. And if the numbers I saw somewhere were correct then lots of viewers dropped the second movie already in the theatres (like 50 %). Probably because they were bored with the first one already.
>>
>>160672588
They are bad not because of the animation (Though it admittedly doesn't help. It's not that bad, but the cleanish 3d doesn't fit the original grainy crosshatch artstyle at all).

They are bad because of the lack of characterization ruining a plot that is very character-driven. A lot of major non-action scenes, mostly revolving around the hawks are replaced with random casca tits and violence. The screenwriters failed to realize berserk is not good because it has a lot of sex and gore, rather, it's good by itself AND it has a lot of sex and gore.

As a result, the hawks are massively underdeveloped to the point I assume most people watching only the movies won't even know the names of those guys, which fucks up the climax of the story (The eclipse) and robs pretty much everything of emotional impact.

This would be more forgivable if the movies were coming out at the same time manga golden age did, but they came like 20 years later and apparently no one figured out killing 90% of the main cast doesn't have that much impact if you never actually bother to introduce the audience to that main cast. Instead, we get more tits and gore, because that's what makes berserk good, right?
>>
File: sweating.gif (974KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
sweating.gif
974KB, 500x213px
You have to admit that the movies have the most attractive characters and best sex scenes out of any adaptation, though.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.