[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fate is a shell of its former self

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: fsn.jpg (375KB, 1414x1876px) Image search: [Google]
fsn.jpg
375KB, 1414x1876px
When did Fate become a brand name for shitty, half-baked content made to get a quick buck? What happened to the good old days? Now you have a bunch horrible spinoffs without an ounce of the greatness that made Fate so beloved. It's not unique anymore. Does Nasu have no shame over what his creation has become or is the money too much?
>>
Either Apocrypha or the moon cell games. From there on it was pretty much just about showing off servants instead of any sort of story
>>
In my day, you could buy candy for a nickel!
>>
>>160660534
>>160660611
The money is too much... I don't think they even show off servants anymore, they just put a skirt on a name and that's pretty much it. I also think that it started with/around the moon cell games, though.
But anon, we just have to do the only sensitive thing for people who likes the franchise: choose the few works that you like and think that somehow fit and stick to them, ignoring the other parts existence. The only problem with this is what just happened for me: personally I almost liked apocrypha and I saw a little bit of potential in it (which is much, much more than what I can say of some other side materials)... but well, I don't think I have to explain how I feel right now when seeing... it all.
>>
>>160660534
TYPEMOON PLEASES VIRGIN OTAKU FOR MONEY
>>
It's become the capeshit of anime. You know the cinematic universe shit plaguing Hollywood? Fate is pretty much the equivalent.
>>
>>160660534
>Does Nasu have no shame over what his creation has become or is the money too much?
Nasu hasn't written anything for Fate since 2013. All he cares about is 'receiving mana' from Takeuchi
>>
>>160660534
He's happy about the popularity and will do anything to keep his fans happy so no.
>>
>>160660534
Fate was always shit anyways, we were just young and stupid.
>>
File: 23468902345.jpg (2MB, 2125x3010px) Image search: [Google]
23468902345.jpg
2MB, 2125x3010px
>>160660534
It was fun trying to guess whos-the-servant while watching a ragtag bunch of mages kill each other over ideals they hold dear. I just miss it when Servants held an aura of mystery and strength around them like in Stay/Night or Strange/Fake.

Also, I never expected heros in this franchise to be depicted in historically accurate ways, but holy shit some of these new designs are just retarded. I was cool with blue jumpsuits and stone-age kings in golden armor but holy shit some of this new stuff just kills it for me. They're just appealing to peoples dicks now more than ever and the plots are just getting too out there.

Maybe I'm just a fag who can't get on board the Nasu train. I'm in the same boat as you OP.
>>
>>160660534
Extra was the ruin.

From then on it became about putting literally any servant(lots of them too) without real work because their RL legends already told a story. Just make references here and there and done, you got a new character.

That's why there's even less and less masters in the trash Nasu writes nowadays, because he doesn't need to think.
>>
SIGHH
>>
FGO killed it.
>>
>>160660534
> When did Fate become a brand name for shitty, half-baked content made to get a quick buck?
In 2004, when Fate/stay night was released.
>>
>>160661371

It had its own universe, the Nasuverse, as soon as FSN was completed 2004 adding to the lore with Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai.
>>
>>160666625
It's not even a design, it’s just generic underwear from those countless korean MMO.
Oh, and i saw what they did to Attila recently. Ain't that just hilarious?
I guess, we can't blame typemoon for the armies of morons, gladly paying for any shit they throw at them.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.