[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Vlad The Impaler >Chiron >Frankenstein >Achilles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 36

File: 1500738663789.jpg (149KB, 1009x713px) Image search: [Google]
1500738663789.jpg
149KB, 1009x713px
>Vlad The Impaler
>Chiron
>Frankenstein
>Achilles
>Mordred
>Jeanne D' Arc
>Siegfried
>Spartacus
>Uncle Shakes
These servants are well known individuals and their names alone can hype the audience up. How come Apocrypha is such a huge fucked up? What went wrong?
>>
Have you ever popped a balloon?
It's basically like that.
>>
>>160634934
A1 Pictures
>>
>>160634934
A1 Pictures

And more broadly, Fate is a very strong lesson about how a good premise can be totally wasted by incompetence and shit writing. It's only propped up by brand-name awareness now.
>>
>>160634934
the one thing that kills every potentially interesting story: bland, generic self-insert MC.
>>
File: ruler_by_wlop-da92lk2.jpg (142KB, 600x855px) Image search: [Google]
ruler_by_wlop-da92lk2.jpg
142KB, 600x855px
Because only a handfull of Fate VN's/LN's are actually well-written. I'm a secondary but I can already guess this isn't one of the well written. However, it gave us Jeanne-art so it's fine by me
>>
File: a-1 face.png (72KB, 242x339px) Image search: [Google]
a-1 face.png
72KB, 242x339px
>>160635594
>>160635733
>A-1 Face
>>
File: gordes and qt homu.png (1MB, 1538x570px) Image search: [Google]
gordes and qt homu.png
1MB, 1538x570px
>>
File: fgo mc.png (228KB, 545x513px) Image search: [Google]
fgo mc.png
228KB, 545x513px
>>160635835
What is with so many people believing that they can actively self-insert as a brain-dead clone?
>>
Because they gave all the focus to the boring self-insert with no personality and the obligatory trap for faggots in denial and wonder why no one cares.
>>
>>160635202
It's more like slowly draining the air out of a balloon, and watching it become a limp sack. At least a popped balloon goes out with a bang.
>>
Most of them bear no resemblance appearance- or personality- wise to the famous figures they're supposed to be.
>>
>>160634934
Mordred is a literal who
>>
>>160634934
Re:Creators was better if i had to be honest
>>
>>160637345
I'm actually still holding onto the hope that Recreators will have a decent and thrilling final few episodes.
>>
>>160637222
He's generic enough that finding him relatable isn't difficult, the only thing he has going for him is his wish not to die and to live on, which is literally something that every living being shares. He's so bland even insects can self-insert as him.
>>
>>160634934
>How come Apocrypha is such a huge fucked up? What went wrong?

>Hey, you know what would be a great thing to add on a 7 vs 7 Servants HGW clusterfuck?
>A bland as fuck goody two shoes generic moralfag totally not a self-insert character!
>And have all the focus on him!
>And have every character who meets him love him for no reason!
>And have the whole plot be around him and also bend around him!
>And then we also have Jeanne D'Arc fall in love with him because if a literal Saint falls in love with him it proves he's super duper good and the purest and completely perfect because he even made Jeanne D'Arc fall in love with him!

>All the other Servants? Who cares. Give them an scene here and there and never focus on them or their interactions or backstories or plotlines except when they are interacting with my self-in- I mean, with Sieg-kun

Apocrypha is the biggest piece of shit that has ever been on Type Moon. Worse than Septem, even worse than Extella, and that's saying something.

Higashide is a complete and total hack. I'd give my right ball for him to be removed from Type Moon forever.
>>
File: 1450145654535.jpg (37KB, 500x407px) Image search: [Google]
1450145654535.jpg
37KB, 500x407px
>>160634934
Its just not well written as Fate/SN. Its a pinnacle of good plot combining overarching storylines and routes. Character actually have decent conflict, development, mystery and reasoning behind their actions which dont become apparent until much later. Take Archer for example, guy has a great story but his identity, motivation, story and reasoning becomes known only at the second route. Plus hes a interesting wild card unlike apo where you know everything about them already

The character building actually happens gradually and not in fucking four episodes. Theres a fucking reason to read/watch the whole thing unlike in apo which is bland as fuck. Also you already know none of these characters are going to make it nor can their wishes be fulfilled.

Also contrary to popular belief, big names dont make something good or popular.
>>
>>160637222
Except that's the perfect trait for a self-insert to have. The more bland and lacking in personality with one or two generic traits your average person can identify with the better.
>>
>>160635894
I love how this is semi-realistic as if it's even remotely possible that this is what Joan of Arc actually looked like
>>
>>160637345
It's almost what this should've been, except for the shirobako parts
>>
>>160634934
Short Answer: Because the plot is a trainwreck.

The whole thing feels more like a fashion runway show than a story.
>>
>>160634934
Because they took those cool characters and turned them into generic moeblob 1-dimensional shitters. The story and pacing is ass tier. It feels like it's trying to be fate/zero but let's just add more characters. That'll make it different. Turns out the writer is a hack and the director has no idea what he's doing.
Turning jack the ripper and Frankenstein's monster into cute girls was one of the worst things I've ever seen in an anime that wants it's audience to take it seriously.
>>
File: 1497362298830.gif (808KB, 225x249px) Image search: [Google]
1497362298830.gif
808KB, 225x249px
>>160637345
>>160638038
>Black Lagoon Rie Hiroe made a better Fate show than TM's staff.
>>
>>160634934
Sumanai
>>
>>160638333
>Turning jack the ripper and Frankenstein's monster into cute girls was one of the worst things I've ever seen in an anime that wants it's audience to take it seriously.

>Taking Fate seriously in first place instead of embracing it's stupidity

As expected from a retarded Zerotard.
>>
>>160634934
did you hear the amount of fucking noise going on in a fight ? i wouldnt be surprised if most dropped it after the first 40 seconds because of that ear rape intro
>>
File: 1501639393412.jpg (101KB, 738x960px) Image search: [Google]
1501639393412.jpg
101KB, 738x960px
>>160634934
No Emiya or Seiba focus kills it.
>>
>>160638333
>Turning jack the ripper and Frankenstein's monster into cute girls was one of the worst things I've ever seen in an anime that wants it's audience to take it seriously.

We are talking about the same franchise whose most recognizable character is King Arthur with boobs, right?
>>
>>160637755
>A bland as fuck goody two shoes generic moralfag
>moralfag
Stopped reading there. Off yourself, you stupid parrot.
>>
>>160637336

If you have no knowledge of King Arthurian lore.
>>
>>160638873
Oh boy it's you again. How's the DRAGON DICK tasting today? Hot and toasty and scaly?

>>160638930
Your average person knowledge about King Arthur legends ends and begins with King Arthur, Camelot and Round Table.
>>
>>160638393
>TM's staff
The one to blame for Apocrypha is Higashide, who was from Propeller before doing Fate stuff. I mean, apparently Nasu gave the OK, but seeing GO, that dude's OK just means "I think it'll make me money, so keep doing it"
At least, blame the right people
This is why I don't care it's A1 doing Apocrypha. It's not like the source deserved anything better anyways
>>
>>160637755
>Higashide is a complete and total hack
Wrong. Tokyo Babel was great. I don't know what happened when he made Apocrypha. It's hard to believe they're made by the same people
>>
>>160639762
>people
I meant to say person.
>>
>>160637520
Just because you can relate to his desire to live doesn't necessarily make him a self-insert character. I'm not even trying to say that he's necessarily a good character either, I'm just saying that only brain-dead autists can imagine self-inserting as someone with the personality of a soggy piece of paper.
>>
Is it just me, or does it feel a little bit odd seeing the servants together in a scene? I mean, individually, they have fairly alright designs, with some being more appealing than others. But the thing is that when you see them fighting against eachother, it doesn't really feel right - almost as if the designs clash against eachother too easily.
>>
>>160634934
Because all the servants are too generic and anime-like instead of being actual interesting and realistic people
>>
>>160639762
>Tokyo Babel
Because someone was actually watching his ass.
>>
>>160634934
They should have animated FGO.
>>
>>160639654
>>This is why I don't care it's A1 doing Apocrypha. It's not like the source deserved anything better anyways
What's more amazing is how A1 is making an already bad source material even worse, but then again, Higashide is working in the anime too so it's just him hacking his already hack-job even further.

>>160640005
That's what happens when Servants start to get designed by a bunch of guest artists instead of it just being Takeuchi.
>>
>>160640049
How does anyone be anymore of a hack?
>>
>>160634934
Fucking Sieg
Everything would be fine if he never appeared
>>
>>160640042
Did you not see the OVA?
>>
>>160638427
There's a difference between embracing stupidity and embracing shit. Zero can be melodramatic but it's well written and the characters are interesting. Inb4
>Ur taste is shit zero isnt writen well

>>160638780
But she's not a moeblob. It's Arthur as a girl but at least she has a personality that isn't 1-dimensional. She's not just a caricature for fetishists.
>>
>>160640042
but they will, very soon. Orleans will finally do justice to Jeanne's character.
>>
>>160640164
By writing Septem and Extella. I wonder how not one but TWO hacks managed to get into Type Moon like this.

I wish Narita was the only one allowed near Fate spin-offs.
>>
>>160640235
>It's Arthur as a girl but at least she has a personality that isn't 1-dimensional.
So do Jack and Fran. You'd now if you bothered to learn about them rather than dismissing them because hurr moeshit where's muh manime save me Kiritsugu.
>>
>>160640270
APO is worst than Extella.
>>
File: saber-venus.jpg (179KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
saber-venus.jpg
179KB, 1280x720px
>>160640164
you are like a little baby
watch this
>>
>>160640270
>Sakurai
>the one who wrote Gahkthun and the rest of the steampunk series
>hack
Seriously, stop judging people because they do shit Fate stuff
They got into TM because the stuff they wrote before was good
>>
>>160638333
Jack the Ripper and Frankenstein are two of the very few bearable characters in APO.
>>
>>160640235
>Arthuria
>Not a moeblob

>>160640341
But is it worse than Extella and Septem combined?

>>160640388
If he's such a good writer then why is his Fate stuff so bad? Wouldn't his skill be able to translate to Fate as well? If his writing style doesn't work for TM stuff then he should just admit it and give path for people who are able to do it properly.
>>
>>160640005
Yeah I had the same thought. They look like cosplayers at a convention when more than three of them stand next to one another.
We can shit on Ufotable for a lot of things but at least they had the sense to visually simplify scenes where a lot of characters interacted with competent framing and lighting. Not that it happened often sure, but still.
Moreover most servants in Zero had casual clothing they wore whenever they weren't fighting. The wingudindumillenia faction constantly has their servants walking around in full shiny battle gear no matter where they are or what they are doing.
>>
>>160640477
>The wingudindumillenia faction constantly has their servants walking around in full shiny battle gear no matter where they are or what they are doing.
It's not like they are going out in public in the middle of the city. Why would they need casual clothes if they are holed up at their castle 24/7? Of all the Apocrypha's complaints, not that they aren't justified, this is by far the silliest I've seen.
>>
>>160640477
>Moreover most servants in Zero had casual clothing they wore whenever they weren't fighting.
Remind me again when Lancelot, Diarmuid, Gilles and Hassan appeared in suits because I don't remember it ever happening.
>>
>>160640350
is this extella? if so, should i get it?
>>
>>160640551
Let's say you're a knight. Do you walk around in your castle wearing your armor? Does a GI spend his weekends in battledress, keeping his FAMAS on the shoulder while he cooks for his wife? Of course not.
Just imagine pic related with Gil wearing his armor.
>>
>>160637755
>Worse than Septem, even worse than Extella
Nice try Neronigger, go kill yourself
>>
>>160640610
>Lancelot
Literally insane in the membrane

>Diarmuid
Fine, fair enough

>Gilles
Insane in the membrane

>Hassan
Why would an assassin wear casual clothes when nobody is going to see them anyway?
>>
>>160640477
Personally, I love Ufotable - I'm just a little biased. I feel like they were able to make the characters still feel as if they fit into the same show, indeed with the framing and lighting. Alongside that, I think the FSN's designs feel a lot more compact. None of the designs seem to be reaching for anything too odd or flamboyant (such as cat-ears or a horse-tail).
>>160640551
You do realise that back in the day, people still wouldn't wear armour fucking twenty-four seven.
>>
File: 1500335307307.png (287KB, 646x445px) Image search: [Google]
1500335307307.png
287KB, 646x445px
STRONG
AND
THICK
DRAGON
DICK
>>
>>160637336
It's also interesting because Mordred is, most definitely, a villain, there's really no way to put the antihero spin on him. However, the others are at worst morally gray. Well, I guess Vlad's pretty fucked too.
>>
>>160640471
>If he's such a good writer then why is his Fate stuff so bad? Wouldn't his skill be able to translate to Fate as well?
What do I know?
But Gahkthun was great and the rest of the steampunk series was seen as one of the best VN franchises.
That said, what I read of Gahkthun and Sharnoth makes them VERY different from anything Fate.
So I'd guess that limiting their creativity by forcing them to write stuff different from what they usually do makes them fail
It's like how a writer that does good comedy or good SoL might not do so well if made to do an action story.
> If his writing style doesn't work for TM stuff then he should just admit it and give path for people who are able to do it properly.
I doubt any author would admit their stuff is bad, unless it flops tremendously. Thing is, superiors still want to sell the stuff they're writing, so it's very likely they're not allowed to admit anything as long as there's the possibility of selling more of their stuff.
I mean, the writer themselves panning their own works would be a death sentence.
I agree they should leave instead of making more stuff they're not suited for
>>
>>160640610
Okay, most wasn't the correct word. Many is better.
Still you'll notice that not only were these servants you're mentionning the least important ones, two of them didn't have a battle gear, and three simply never materialized or acted on their own unless their master had need of them.
>>
>>160640788
>Let's say you're a knight. Do you walk around in your castle wearing your armor? Does a GI spend his weekends in battledress, keeping his FAMAS on the shoulder while he cooks for his wife?
I would if I'm in the middle of a fucking war.

People like Gil are the exception rather than the rule. Most Servants are more focused on winning the War than on modern /fa/

>>160640775
Point is that your assessment over "most" Servants in Zero wearing casual clothes is factually wrong as only 3 outta the 7 did so.

In SN literally only Arthuria and Gil wore casual clothes as well, and Arthuria did so because she can't go into spiritual body and Gil is Gil.
>>
>>160640757
>Hating on Nero

At least she wasn't somebody the show LITERALLY SAYS DOESN'T HAVE A PERSONALITY.

Fucking hell, this dragon shota faggot is going to ruin everything, they should just switch the anime.
>>
>>160640834
Vlad is a legit hero
>>
>>160641036
Not for the Turkroaches.
>>
>>160640757
Extella at least is half-decent whenever it is not Nero The Neroing Starring Nero feat Nero Whenever Nero is not on the screen everyone should ask Where's Nero?. Septem is irredeemable though.
>>
>>160639762
Tokyo Babel was a thing of its own, not an offshoot of a massively overrated and mediocre franchise.
>>
>>160640350
Threw up a little.
>>
>>160641182
True. Honestly. Fate should have remained as the main continuity (Zero, SN and Ataraxia) only. (Comedy stuff like CP or stuff like Prisma that decides to use the characters but reimagine the setting would still be acceptable)
All this other stuff is literally unneeded and not even very good.
I said in another thread and I'll say it again. Fate right now is like Gundam. With a lot of AU stuff using the name, but it not meaning anything in terms of quality
>>
boring as fuck characters aside from what little bit that sieg and astolfo had in episode 3 and it doesn't have any set focus on certain characters
a lot of the character designs are just shit and two of the characters are literally "emiya but not emiya" and "saber but not saber"
episodes go nowhere with characters standing around/sitting and talking and when there is action there's no tension in the fights and they're terribly directed in both animation and sound design
>>
>>160641003
>I would if I'm in the middle of a fucking war.
No you wouldn't. Not if you could put on your battle gear in less than 1 second.

>People like Gil are the exception rather than the rule. Most Servants are more focused on winning the War than on modern /fa/
So Saber and Rider weren't focused on winning the war?
>>
>>160641588
>Most Servants
>Most
Reading comprehension bub.
Arthuria is specially the exception among exceptions because she's not even dead for realsies yet.
>>
>>160641549
I'd much rather see more of Tokyo Babel than more Fate. (How they'd justify it is another story, of course.)
>>
>>160640732
Its like Dynasty Warriors for the Fate series.
>>
>>160641549
I wonder if they'll eventually adapt HA or not. The ending contradicts what TM did with Fate in the last ten years.
>>
>>160641578
I still don't get why sakugafags praised Apo's animation.
>>
File: Waifusouls.jpg (4MB, 4250x2362px) Image search: [Google]
Waifusouls.jpg
4MB, 4250x2362px
How good would a Souls Carnival Phantasm be /a/?
>>
>>160641939
Their favourite animators can do no wrong. Seriously, it's all wanking names rather than actual animation
>oh this is made by x, whose dick I love to suck. Let me tell you why his turd is actually pure gold and you're uneducated if you think otherwise
Western sakugafags are retarded
>>
>>160634934
They look shit. The only acceptable ones are Frankenstein, Shakes and Vlad. And the anime looks shit. Give ufotable all the shit you want, but their anime is just pleasing to look at. It soothes your eyes. This doesn't. It hurts.
Then there's the retarded plot, but not even getting at that.

>muh Jannu and Atalanta
Watered down Saber and generic fuck.
>>
>>160642052
Achilles, Karna, and Siegfried's scenes were great and Saber from SN was boring and watered down already.
>>
>>160634934
>was originally a doujin
>called out as shit even by diehard fate fans
>not made by Ufotable
>newbie director and A1 pictures make already bad fan fiction even worse with rushed pacing and cut details
>immediately becomes a shitty self insert power fantasy that everyone hates
Is there any real lesson here its that if it has the word Fate in its title, people will watch regardless of how awful it is due to the amount of good will Fate/Zero gave this franchise by showing everyone how to do the battle royale premise right.
>>
>>160641939
>>160642022
There are a couple of good guys. The problem is, they can't animate 24 episodes by themselves.
>>
>>160642022
and what's worse, they only praise webgen and smeary shit.
>>
>>160642310
They have deen ubw tier sword fight choreography in the first episode.
>>
>>160642319
Hey, they also praise CGshit. Let's be honest here
>>
>>160634934
They focused entirely on character design so they could sell shitty overpriced resin statues and sex toys and they completely neglected actual story and characterization.

You see this pattern a lot in low-quality fanfiction. Which is fitting because that's essentially what FA is.
>>
>>160642365
It had some nice moments too.
>>
>>160642445
Kemono Friends is a masterpiece though.
>>
>>160642229
>was originally a doujin
Wasn't it a cancelled MMO turned LN?
>>
>>160642548
Still need to watch it, but still. Don't most people say it's a masterpiece despite the animation? Not even the kemono fanbase will say the animation was a masterpiece like sakugafags do with anything polygon shits out
>>
>>160634934
Chiron is the only one I don't fucking know. All the rest I am good with but Chiron is the only one I am drawing a complete blank on. Is he important to something because I would guess not because he is a nobody to me.
>>
>>160635894
>Well-written
>Fate
Choose wisely anon.
>>
>>160642229
>immediately becomes a shitty self insert power fantasy
Like F/SN or UBW? I don't know whats your point.
>>
>>160642854
Nah. Much worse
Say what you will about Shirou, Sieg has all of Shirou's negatives (done even worse than with Shirou) and none of the positives (ok, maybe Shirou has no positives. But Sieg's still much worse)
>>
>>160642711
You probably didn't recognize him because he was not summoned in his centaur form.
>>
File: weee.png (499KB, 800x669px) Image search: [Google]
weee.png
499KB, 800x669px
>>160641549
Honestly this
In my heart everything ended in hollow ataraxia. Anything after the main three was all just a dream.
>>
>>160642854
>>160643016
>shirou
>bad
dumb secondary scum
>>
File: Fate Apocrypha - 03.webm (223KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fate Apocrypha - 03.webm
223KB, 1280x720px
>>160642148
>Karna, and Siegfried's scenes were great
This is the only bit of "animation" in that fight. Besides this, there were either just random sparks flying or explosions, blurred shots or still character panning over background with so shitty that I can make better in MS fucking paint. All of that with extremely retarded noisy sound effects, but that's besides the point.
>>
>>160643339
I actually read the VN and love Shirou, but I didn't want to get into an argument about Shirou, so I let it go and focused on how Sieg is much shitter than Shirou, because Sieg has all the negatives secondaries use to shit on Shirou, but on higher amounts and that's all he has. He has nothing else
>>
>>160643339
>Muh LN you filthy secondary.
Shiro is shit and so is Fate, just ask Nasu what do he thinks about his own work.
>>
>>160634934
Writing is hard and not everyone is as good at it as Nasu and our god and savior Urobuchi. .
>>
>>160643365
Which one is karna here
Why are all the colors so shit
>>
File: 1499206656101.png (180KB, 381x640px) Image search: [Google]
1499206656101.png
180KB, 381x640px
No Kirei
>>
>>160643577
He thinks he could write the Fate route better now. But other than that, you tell me where Nasu has said anything negative about F/SN as a whole and/or Shirou as a character
>>
File: bait on.png (35KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
bait on.png
35KB, 800x600px
>>160643577
*blocks your bait*
>>
Just had to look up Chiron, nope never heard of the fuck until now. Didn't even know he was one of Cronus' bastard.
>>
>>160644080
Ancient Greece - Everybody is the rape-baby of everybody. Greeks are horny bastards.
>>
File: 1501528716282.jpg (72KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1501528716282.jpg
72KB, 625x626px
>>160643952
Archer was a terrible character and the entire plot of SN was poorly written up until the last 4-5 episodes.
>>
>>160644080
>Cronus
Why do people keep putting Latin suffixes on Greek names? Shaking my head to be honest.
>>
File: BAIT BOLG.png (36KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
BAIT BOLG.png
36KB, 800x600px
>>160644378
>>
>>160639762
I played the demo of that and honestly it sucked, hell they even got two of my favorite seiyuu to voice the lead girls and it was probably the most stilted dialogue I've ever heard from them.
>>
>>160644508
I guess most EOPs go into anything with the "it's not FSN therefore it sucks" mindset. And it's funny to see the word "stilted" in a Fate thread.
>>
>>160644383
Do you prefer Κρονος, you fucking autist?
>>
>>160644602
Cronos would be fine, sorry if I triggered you.
>>
File: 1501528259564.png (201KB, 1500x1153px) Image search: [Google]
1501528259564.png
201KB, 1500x1153px
>>160644493
>>
>>160644557
Not him but I thought it was boring too, Ayakashibito wasn't that better as well. It's good if you liked Dies shit. I'm not that a fan of F/SN but I think it's better than those titles.

Your problem is that you like chuu2ge but the popularity of F/SN triggers you so much you rather pick the second best thing or lesser known titles.
>>
>>160644793
Or maybe Fate is just a massively overrated franchise, just like Naruto, and there's far better authors around. It doesn't compare to Higashide or Masada's works.

I'm not surprised that two EOPs would have the same opinion, by the way, since you're going in with the same mindset.
>>
>>160644924
>Or maybe Fate is just a massively overrated franchise, just like Naruto
Hahaha!
>>
>>160644793
Or maybe, you like Chuuni stuff, you've already read Fate and you want more chuuni stuff.
>>
>>160634934
simply not enough Mordred
>>
>>160641182
That's not how it works a good writer doesn't write an offshoot and it turns way worse than the original one, if anything he should massively increase its quality proving he is a good writer.

The fact that he made something that bad with a shit protagonist that the world bends itself for him to fuck whenever he wants to just shows how bad of a writer he is.
>>
File: 1459666674959.png (21KB, 163x77px) Image search: [Google]
1459666674959.png
21KB, 163x77px
>>160634934
I'm not sure about these servants to be honest, they seem to be just really bland and overall have terrible designs
>>
>>160645174
Well an argument can be made about how Shirou got crazy for Sakura's worms just like Naruto got crazy by Sasuke's snake...
>>
>>160645368
He's proven himself via writing things far superior to Fate. Whether this one was bad because of Fate limitations or because he couldn't make it as good as the rest of his work, it doesn't lower his reputation.
>>
File: Setsuna Tendou.png (753KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Setsuna Tendou.png
753KB, 1024x768px
>>160645368
When he made 2 VNs that are much better with better protagonists?
You're a retard and should stop judging him because of Apo
>>
File: maji.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maji.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
>>160644793
Not sure what you're trying to imply. If you liked F/SN you would probably like Dies Irae. I'd put both of them in the same tier in terms of enjoyment.
>>
Thus far the character who's most acted like they have human feelings instead of a copy of Three Theban Plays and a bag of crystal meth is (ironically) Frankenstein.

Something has definitely gone wrong somewhere.
>>
>>160634934
They're not exactly interesting characters. They were created poorly.
>>
>>160642749
Hollow Atraxia, Strange Fake, and Prisma Illya are among the best of Japanese pop culture.
>>
>>160645176
They're alright. I think if they get turned into anime, most of them will be too cringy to watch.
Muramasa is pretty much the pinnacle of chuu2ge. I would like to see it animated.
>>
>>160645948
>cringy
What does this even mean? I mean, I know it's related to embarassment, but how does that apply to chuuni VNs turned into anime?
>>
>>160646004
Cringe means "anything I don't like" now. It's gone the way of words like fag, nigger, weeaboo and so on.
>>
>>160645948
>muramasa
Impossible
That thing is a beast to adapt in any form of media
>>
>>160646004
It's something bad like a nerdy kid trying to act popular or a shallow anime/vn/ln trying to have themes.
>>
>>160645679
F/SN has some good themes going for it. The chuuni and over the top elements are used to explore the main character's mindset.
Dies is just style over substance shit. There is nothing more to it.
>>
>>160646150
So, something you don't like. Got it
>>
>>160646282
Who skull fucked you hard enough to give you brain damage, fag?
>>
How many people here have pretty much dropped it or are a few episodes behind even if they still come into the threads sometime?
>>
>>160646269
Nice bullshit.
The chuuni and over the top elements are used in Dies to explore everyone's mindset from the main character, to all the villains
>>160646312
Ow the edge. Why are you so angry?
>>
>>160642638
Well sakuga is more than just flashy animation. The direction in KF was above average with some nice storyboards. That's why the show has a lot of memorable scenes. So yeah it looked better than it should have.
>>
>>160646381
>Ow the edge. Why are you so angry?
Why are you so retarded?
>>
>>160646488
Have a last (you)
>>
>>160646526
Have a last fuck (you)
>>
File: gon.jpg (81KB, 450x255px) Image search: [Google]
gon.jpg
81KB, 450x255px
>>160646269
The fuck are you talking about? Dies Irae had god tier villains. Only Kirei would rival them in terms of brilliance..
>>
>>160634934
>What went wrong?
>pick a random servant x
>rewrite his character to kill himself to save a real human bean, which was the one thing he never could achieve in his lifetime
>also give him a waifu and more relevance for whatever reason
>meanwhile everybody else is scheming and it'll all be revealed later on
also: A1
>>
>>160646004
It's that feeling you get when you watch the seasonal battle harem anime. A feeling of deep embarrassment and shame for yourself and everyone who helped make the anime.

>>160646093
Only Aniplex can fund it.
>>
>>160646614
Why would you get that feeling when watching adaptations of stuff like Dies or Tokyo Babel and not, say, K-on?
>>
>>160646589
le magical nazis and all the other chuuni shit is horrible tho
>>
File: a.jpg (109KB, 1022x714px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
109KB, 1022x714px
>>160646720
nice argument my man
>>
It probably would have ended up being great if Sieg didn't exist
>>
>>160646720
>they're shitty because they're nazis
Nice shitpost, retard
And it seems your problem is you think chuuni is bad, and yet you read the most chuuni VN of them all, which made it's author be known by fans as the "king of chuuni".
So, basically, like thinking mecha is shit and watching TTGL or Gundam
>>
>>160644793
>Ayakashibito wasn't that better as well. It's good if you liked Dies shit.
Okay hold up, now I need to intervene in this conversation. Ayakashibito is one of the best VNs I've ever played.

And it and Dies Irae have absolutely no overlap other than "people with powers". The premises are radically different, there isn't any chuuni chanting in Ayakashibito, the action has martial arts as a focus alongside the powers as opposed to DI mainly being powers only and they use completely different kinds of lore for their stories.
>>
>>160646698
Because that type of dialogue if not presented well, will not sound good. The fights and conflicts between characters might sound "cool" in VN form, but once animated it will look very silly.

It's just the impression I get. We'll see if Dies anime turns out decent or not.
>>
>>160647107
>12 episodes
Nah
>>
File: uuuu.jpg (60KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
uuuu.jpg
60KB, 590x332px
>>160647107
VN adaptations in general are shit, I wouldn't hold my hopes up.
pic related
>>
>>160647107
I mean, I agree that most VN adaptations are shit. But it has nothing to do with cringe. And everything to do with them being made not thinking of how it could work as an anime, but just getting a show out as a cashgrab to get people to buy the VNs
I mean, just recently they announced rereleases of Dies.
Coincidence? I think not.
>>
File: dragondick.jpg (355KB, 1280x1584px) Image search: [Google]
dragondick.jpg
355KB, 1280x1584px
Hey,

Hey, guys,

Remember!
>>
>>160641062
>Try to invade a country
>Get fucked
>wtf guys, why are you defending your home?
Remove kebabs
>>
>>160647404
Dammit Zero, stop trying to invade other series.
You're not Caim, no matter how much you want to be.
>>
>>160640264
You mean Jeanne Alter and Marie, Jeanne is still bland as fuck.
>>
>>160647438
>remove kebabs
If anything, Vlad loved kebab a little too much.
>>
>>160647629
he did have a thing for sodomizing criminals via lubed up spear
>>
File: 1501509685747.png (46KB, 180x168px) Image search: [Google]
1501509685747.png
46KB, 180x168px
>>160647438
If more European leaders had Vlad's balls, there wouldn't be 34234788392715 suicide-bombings every week.

I'd totally support his resurrection.
>>
>>160647597
What? Can't handle a character who's not edgy nor genki as fuck? Damn, I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>160642511
>They focused entirely on character design so they could sell shitty overpriced resin statues and sex toys and they completely neglected actual story and characterization.
That is all the franchise has ever been since they switch from eroge based revenue to a legit merchandise driven company.
>>
>>160647693
You know what? We need to bring back anal impalement.
Could you imagine being a refugee, getting to the German border and then suddenly seeing a metric fuckton of your friends impaled ballsdeep on a stake.

That would pretty nicely solve any immigration crisis.
Anyone complains? Enjoy your Kazikli Bey.
>>
File: 1482244122379.jpg (259KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482244122379.jpg
259KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>160642229
>s there any real lesson here its that if it has the word Fate in its title, people will watch regardless of how awful it is
Except even secondaries are calling Apocrypha a complete piece of shit. By your logic secondaries would be swallowing it whole, praising it and asking for more.
>>
>>160647715
Jeanne is bland, she is the absolute generic good girl in Orléans, at least Alter and Marie are entertaining
>>
>>160638619
>Seiba
Saber actually comes up if you google this
>>
>>160647693
He had such dedication for removing kebab only because he was raped by Turkey faggots while being their hostage at a young age.
>>
>>160649413
Really?
>>
>>160649413
Wouldn't you be pretty butthurt if something like that happened to you too?
>>
>>160647693
actually, we need less euro leaders who were sodomized at youth then try to take out on innocent people through homo execution
>>
>>160649864
Found the cockroach.
>>
>>160650119
vlad was historically more of a faggot than astolfo, deal with it
>>
>>160650333
I see nothing bad in it.
>>
File: 1501712641314.jpg (180KB, 728x696px) Image search: [Google]
1501712641314.jpg
180KB, 728x696px
>>160650333
getting raped as a boy makes you a faggot now huh? That kind of logic is retarded.
>>
>>160649474
Well, him being a political hostage at his teenage years is a historical fact and Turks are know for their love for a young boys.
>>
>>160650646
Does that mean his brother also got T U R K E D
>>
>>160650907
Actually chronicles say that Turkish sultan Mehmed was in love with his brother Radu.
>>
It makes me sad that Vlad hates his Dracula image. I'd like to play Castlevania with him.
>>
>>160651534
He kind of accepted it in Fate go.
>>
>>160650907
>>160651045
>>160650646
it's called Devshirme look it up
>>
>>160651789
Did not know Turks were essentially catholic priests.
>>
File: 1413107541385.jpg (30KB, 429x404px) Image search: [Google]
1413107541385.jpg
30KB, 429x404px
>>160651710
>Master, if you're going to touch me, then fork over enough blood to compensate. It's equivalent exchange.

>You... would you like to live an eternity with me? An eternity is a boring one spent. But if I have someone like you with me, then I doubt I'll face tedium to come.
>>
File: Br6_SvGCQAAzdPn.jpg (18KB, 599x464px) Image search: [Google]
Br6_SvGCQAAzdPn.jpg
18KB, 599x464px
For me the franchise ended in Heaven's Feel when they fucking destroyed the grail for good and ended the war. Besides that Ataraxia was the only decent thing to come out of Fate.
Tried playing GO the other day and I died a little inside.
>>
>>160651930
>FGO: Every Famous Historical Figure Wants Your Dick
>>
>>160651930
Yeah, there is that. But I actually meant his interlude where he was running around London saving people from monsters with his vampire abilities. And then telling them that 'Vlad is not a vampire', it was kind of sad. Because his NF is always active in Fate go his memory became hazy and he said he couldn't discern his true personality from the the legend of Dracula one. But after that interlude he realised that being vampire doesn't mean he is a monster.
>>
>>160652007
I agree. Everything else is non-canon and should not exist.
>>
>>160634934
they focused on the overgrowth lab experiment
>>
>>160652087
and ass + pussy
>>
>>160646345
I dropped it after episode 2 but I keep coming back to the threads because it's amusing how people keep shitting on it non-stop.
Also I can't tell if it's funny or sad that it will be one of the best selling shows of the season despite that.
>>
>>160634934
Fate has always been juvenile piece of shit with a retarded premise and even worse writing. The difference between FSN and FA is that the latter doesn't have a fanatical cult following of people who will defend it to death and will try to convince others that it's good.

>>160637755
You literally described FSN. I thought that would be the point of your post, but you were actually serious.
>>
>>160654135
>You literally described FSN
Stopped reading here
(you)
>>
>>160643365
DEEN is that you?
>>
File: 1501711279326.jpg (72KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1501711279326.jpg
72KB, 625x626px
>>160654135
You mongrels are amusing
Thread posts: 201
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.