[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say what you will about Netflix and their non-weekly-anime-fan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 20

File: 1488166919807.png (762KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1488166919807.png
762KB, 1440x810px
Say what you will about Netflix and their non-weekly-anime-fan model but it's a lot better that their at least using it on their own shit instead. Better than taking hostage shows they didn't have a hand in making and could've been picked up by a weekly service.
>>
>Say what you will about Netflix
No.
Netflix does not belong on /a/.
>>
I will, it's complete shit and they have no idea of how anime works
>>
>>160631136
>and they have no idea of how anime works
Well, then explain to me how does anime works, dear Sir.
>>
what is Netflix?
>>
>>160631136
>>160631085
Just because you dont like it doesnt mean most people wont
>>
If it wasn't for Netflix I never would have seen Spice and Wolf. I liked it so much I bought both seasons on blu ray.
>>
>>160632481
>>160632715
>this is the kind of retards browsing /a/ right now
>>
>>160632481
Saying that other people might like it has nothing to do with the fact that these two guys don't like it.
>>
>>160632861
>>160632861
They can get bend over, they dont rule over animes
>>
>>160633029
Nor Netflix does, it's either they adapt themselves to the anime market that wants their anime weekly or they die.
>animes
Fucking kill yourself and lurk before posting, faggot.
>>
>>160631437
Lurk more and find out.
>>
>>160633080
>implying
Netflix is shaping anime market which is pretty much nomands land in the west. Theyre just using business practice aimed at western customers, nothing else.

>implying netflix will die
lmao, normies will eat this shitup
>>
>>160630999
ALL HAIL NETFLIX
>>
Why is this shit thread still up? No one cares what some netflix shill thinks.
>>
Do people on /a/ actually buy/stream anime?
>>
File: secondary.png (664KB, 1280x687px) Image search: [Google]
secondary.png
664KB, 1280x687px
>>160634433
>He doesnt stream
>>
lol do people really get upset over not having an anime drip fed to them weekly? the saddos

I only watch anime once they have been completed, or at least that season has been completed
>>
>>160630999
I refuse to support a company that uses profits to makes "original shows" that pushes race mixing and a "kill all white men" propaganda message. Besides why the fuck are you watching anime on Netflix? Is it in english dubs? Western VAs have no talent for anime.
>>
>>160633855
Netflix is the future, suck it
>>
>>160632430
came here to post this
>>
File: I don't give a shit..jpg (34KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
I don't give a shit..jpg
34KB, 848x480px
>>160630999
We just don't give a shit about NETFLIX.
>>
>>160635054
>We
Fuck off
>>
What do you mean they are using their own shit? Kakegurui is getting released by them in 2018 over here despite like 4 episodes already airing over in nipland.
>>
>>160635054
>we

fuck off reddit
>>
>>160634604
>waiting for the anime to completely finishes airing in japan before releasing it
>future
Nice bait, if anything that just means a comeback of fansubbing.
>>
>>160635054
>we
Lurk before posting, faggot.
>>
I'm half convinced the mods are instructed to let these threads fly for a while. It's been 2 hours, this shit is fucking ridiculous.
I hope you idiots bumping the thread are reporting at least.
>>
I welcome Netflix anime "originals," but I don't care for them only picking one or two licenses a season and then releasing them in bulk.
>>
>>160635442
>bumping
Did you forget sage?
>>
>>160635487
If moot wasn't such a cocksucking faggot you would've seen I didn't.
>>
File: 1445712339379.png (620KB, 695x702px) Image search: [Google]
1445712339379.png
620KB, 695x702px
>>160633296

Sure thing young lad
>>
>>160630999
Oh get the fuck over it you dipshit. If you really want to watch one episode a week watch one episode a week. No one's telling you binge anything.
>>
>>160635442
Are you implying nipmoot is paid by netflix to leave their threads untouched?
>>
>>160636231
Or that the mods are incompetent enough to make it seem like it.
>>
>>160630999
Why can't netflix, no, actually every fucking American/European company just stay away from anime unless it's just distributing actual fucking copies of the series instead of digital shit
>>
File: 08.jpg (119KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
119KB, 640x426px
>>160633080
Netflix literally could not give a fuck what the small numbers of pre-existing anime fans in the west think. They have over 100 million customers worldwide. If they even get a tiny fraction of that population to watch it already makes sense and 90% of all anime watched on their platform is already watched outside of Japan. They want to get casuals to watch the anime they make and hopefully coax some Japanese to use Netflix too.

Their strategy in what to fund is fairly clear, they either go for shows targeted at young adults, sci-fi, action, fantasy stuff and/or works based on famous brands Godzilla, Cyborg 009, Saint Seya or studios/creators Trigger, Yuasa and so on with high brand awareness around the world.

People will just have to adapt to their model of producing and distributing anime, not the other way around.
>>
>>160636655
Because nobody buys physical media anymore.
>>
>>160637086
Well, as long as madhouse doesn't take netflix money, it should all be good.
>>
>>160637860
Pretty sure every company involved in the animation industry in Japan is gagging for a chance to work with them. So far they have had off the top of my heads Aniplex, Science Saru, Production IG, Bones, Bandai Visual, LIDENFILMS, Ultra Super Pictures, Dwagon, Toei Animation, TMS Entertanment, TOHO, Polygon Pictures, Tirgger, King Records, Kodansha.
>>
>>160636655
Because anime is popular as fuck now and if they don't hop on the weeb train now they'll lose out on a ton of money
>>
>>160631136
Considering that they're the most successful new TV platform out there, they probably have a much better idea of how TV shows work than you do.

The all in one format has done nothing to dampen the success of Netflix shows and it will do nothing to dampen the success of the anime they pick up. If anything, they're likely to be far, far more successful.

Real people out in the actual world don't care whether something is released weekly or all at once.
>>
All I see when people here get assblasted about streaming anime and services that stream it is just the constant screaming of frogs and "muh sekrit club".
All hate for CR is simply because it allowed normies to get into it.
It's like /a/ and /v/ never ended their love affair because of normies.
Fuck off. Just go work on that backlog instead of bitching about who watches what and where.
>>
File: club.jpg (191KB, 1325x339px) Image search: [Google]
club.jpg
191KB, 1325x339px
>>160638266
>normies
Fuck off.
>constant screaming of frogs
Are we on the same board? Frogposting is looked down upon. Is this your first day?
>>
>>160638238
They probably do, but they either don't give a fuck or never bothered to find out how anime fanbase generally works. I assume both to be honest.
>>
>>160638077
But the thing is, sooner or later anime won't be Japanese with it's style, the studios will just try and adapt (if not, probably will be told to by netflix) a more western style to appeal to everyone and you'll end up losing some of the stuff that made the medium, shit like visual metaphors, deep rooted Japanese issues and even the fanservice. Every sing one of those will probably be cut from any anime if more influences from companies like Netflix start happening. Then yopu will also have the the possibilities of the companies being to to start adding shit wouldn't even make 1 tenth of japan, shit like adding more homosexuals/trans characters, or adding more "Diverse" (Black, Latino, Arab, Jewish, and Muslim) characters. Again, it will start to look a lot less Japanese style to appeal to everyone and that will suck, just having more shitty marvel/DC shit.
>>
>>160638426
Even Netflix is aware anime is popular because it is uniquely Japanese.
>>
>>160638012
>Sunrise will make sequel originals from Mai Hime, S-Cry-Ed, CG and Dendoh
>They all go to Netflix to release them as series

Best or Worst decision ever
>>
>>160638238
>they probably have a much better idea of how TV shows work than you do.
Last i checked they're completely new to anime so they don't know jack shit about it
>>
File: 1501616935285.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501616935285.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
I don't know why people complain about fucking adaptions not being released weekly, like you've already seen this shit in the manga anyways so it shouldn't matter if they decide to wait it out and dump it all in one go
>>
>>160638407
You seem to have made a crucial mistake. You believe that the entire anime fanbase is /a/. It's not.

There are tons of people who don't care about keeping up with the weekly hype for a show on /a/. Way more than those that do care. Furthermore, Netflix is not aiming solely to grab existing, 'hardcore' anime fans, it is aiming to target casual fans and general audiences as well.

And to be honest, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter how people get their anime. I used to get my anime by taping Ghibli movies when they showed up on TV and buying random VHS tapes when they showed up (which lead to a ton of stinkers). You don't hear me whining about how anime has changed.
>>
>>160638426
>Then yopu will also have the the possibilities of the companies being to to start adding shit wouldn't even make 1 tenth of japan, shit like adding more homosexuals/trans characters

There are already a fuckton of these in anime.
>>
>>160638545
The problem is you are assuming they want people like us who are used to watching anime in a specific format to watch their shows. They have 100 million subscribers all over the world. If only a tiny portion of those fans watch it then they are fine regardless of you liking the schedule or not.

>>160638674
I didn't make any mistake. Most of your post was my point. They don't give a fuck what we are doing and probably never bothered to find out because we aren't the main target, secondary considerations if that.
>>
File: 1501641562928.jpg (125KB, 440x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501641562928.jpg
125KB, 440x600px
>>160638238
>successful
>investing only in bazinga niche, which is the only thing on earth that keeps forcing them alive
>failing at everything else, missing a lot of really good films that should be there

Sure thing. They're amazing.
>>
>>160638717
>There are already a fuckton of these in anime
Yeah, the difference is that they're here for a reason, either to make fun of them or because they make sense in the plot or because they'll add something to everything, burgers tends to add LGBT characters just because "there aren't any".
Anyway it's not like Netflix will change anything, whatever original anime they try to make will flop in Japan.
>>
>>160638551
It's against shitposter culture. If they released Vulvarave all at once they would have to wait months to come up with "dank memes" and ways to show they're watching it ironically. Then it would die out in a week with some people even allowed to like the show because it didn't get shitposted every which way to make it unspeakable without a brigade of faggots.
>>
>>160638767
>They don't give a fuck what we are doing

Because we're not the majority of the fanbase. You seem to think we are, but we're not. The average anime fan doesn't give a shit about this format. Most are used to watching things at their own pace anyway, since that's how they've watched all the entry stuff like Bebop.

Netflix doesn't misunderstand the fanbase. They misunderstand, or more likely don't care about, /a/. Because there's no real reason for them to care. And it's not like people here don't binge shit either. Fuck, there's only ever one or two shows per season of consistent quality, so you HAVE to go back and binge older stuff if you want good shows to watch on the regular.
>>
>>160638913
Can you actually read? You are wasting your time writing all this shit at me when I have just said it in the post you've responded to. You should stop assuming everyone who replies to you on /a/ is arguing with you, it makes you completely misinterpret what people are saying when they are actually agreeing. Here is my first post in this thread.
>>160637086
>>
>>160638551
Because I like discussing about weekly anime with anons.
>>
>>160638266
You don't understand anything. CR is shit because it pushes trash subs and strangled better subs. The more normalfags who pay crunchy and watch dubs, the worse quality subs I can get. Just look at the GabDrop subs, sure that may just be some cartel memery, but they feel justified in doing it because there's more tards who slurp that stuff up.

Learning moon is inconvenient, so I'm acting in my own best interest by discouraging people from using a service that is against my interest.
>>
>>160630999
Fuck off
>>
>>160638913
>The average anime fan doesn't give a shit about this forma
Anyway what are you defining as a fan there? Someone who watched a few Ghibli films once and FLCL when it was on Toonami? Everywhere on the internet where anime fans, not even hardcore anime fans, exist is used to the weekly discussion model. It happens on MAL, reddit, twitter, 4chan, tumblr everywhere. Even people who just watch their weekly Naruto and Boku no Hero Academia follow that schedule. I think just about anyone who can actually be considered a "fan" of anime is used to weekly releases at the very least if not weekly discussion.
>>
>>160638717
>There are already a fuckton of these in anime.
No, they are the minority in anime, and they're pretty easy to ignore (YOI being the most recent) And if you're adding Gender Benders as "Trans" you're a fucking idiot.

>>160638473
I highly doubt it. For god sakes, they probably just see dragon ball and GiTS and will try their damnedest to get studios to produce series just like those two.
>>
>>160639269
What? Devilman, Blame!, Ajin, B: the Beggining, AICO, Saint Seiya, Baki, Godzilla, LWA. None of those seem very like Dragonball or GiTS to me.
>>
>>160639363
>None of those seem very like Dragonball or GiTS to me.

B: the Beggining and AICO reminds me of GITS
>>
>>160638987
Dude, yeah, I can read.

You said netflix doesn't understand how the anime fanbase works. I said you just don't realize that the anime fanbase is not /a/. It's not a case of netflix not understanding anime fans, it's a case of netflix not caring about /a/.

The weekly format is not an important necessity for many people. We only care about it because /a/ and the discussion on /a/ is part of our enjoyment. There are millions of anime fans that don't care about that at all.

>>160639166
>Anyway what are you defining as a fan there?

Someone who watches anime regularly.

>Everywhere on the internet where anime fans, not even hardcore anime fans, exist is used to the weekly discussion model.

They're also used to watching things in one go as well. They don't have a problem with the weekly format, but it's not a necessity for them either.
>>
>anons say they know better than a multibillion company that has strategists, data, resources and people related to the scene

Pottery
>>
>>160638426
Even if they were to make "western" anime, the original industry in Japan would continue as if nothing happened. Remove your tinfoil hat.

>>160633594
>>160638830
This. Japan will always produce anime for Japan, no matter how involved Netflix gets. You also need to remember that Netflix exists in Japan too and has an entire Japanese division.
>>
>>160640019
You just don't realise that the majority of the anime fanbase watches and discusses anime on a weekly basis just like /a/ does it seems. It is central to anime discussion on the internet all over the web. Go to anywhere, ANN, reddit, MAL anywhere that discusses anime and they will all say Netflix is cancer for the release schedule just like we do here on /a/.
>>
>>160630999
>Better than taking hostage shows they didn't have a hand in making and could've been picked up by a weekly service.
Netflix has never contributed anything towards the actual production of any show. All they do is throw money around to get exclusive licensing rights and then slap "Netflix Original" on the cover.
Their subs are also shit more often than not, even more so than the other official subbing companies. Every other company does it better, and yes that includes garbage like the Gabriel Dropout subs.
>>
>>160630999
>Fansub community dies
>Faggots here get there subs by ripping them from places or torrents from others who have ripped them
>Complain about a legitimate company coming in to do subs
>>
>>160640360
>Gabriel Dropout subs.
You know, i've been hearing about this one. What's wrong with it?
>>
File: 1487220522221.png (539KB, 500x544px) Image search: [Google]
1487220522221.png
539KB, 500x544px
>>160640061
>anons say they know better than a multibillion company that has strategists, data, resources and people related to the scene
>>
>>160632734

Deal. With It.
>>
>>160630999
I went and checked. Netflix has like 10 of the 400+ shows I've watched. Why should I give a crap about them?
>>
>>160640605
They changed pretty much every single line to something that allowed them to shoehorn in idioms and puns about heaven/hell/angels/devils.
>>
File: '.jpg (389KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
'.jpg
389KB, 1280x720px
Personally I love Netflix. I don't use it, but I like that since they hold on to shows it forces fan subers back in action.
Good slap in the face to EOPs, the cartel, and Crunchy roll too.
Hope they break crunchy roll and this becomes the standard.
>>
>>160640690
Kill. Yourself.
>>
>>160640900
You. First.
>>
File: 1497019883029.jpg (40KB, 399x462px) Image search: [Google]
1497019883029.jpg
40KB, 399x462px
The only people who have a problem with netflix schedule are animeonlyfags.

But i don't get it, a normal thread will be ruined by mangafags like they always are baiting with spoilers so why would you care about this?
>>
>>160640836
>They changed pretty much every single line to something that allowed them to shoehorn in idioms and puns about heaven/hell/angels/devils.
That can't possibly be true.
>>
>>160641442
You're in for a treat, anon.
The most pointed to offense is itadakimasu being translated as "Through the dark lord. Amen."
>>
>>160635236
as in making netflix exclusive shows (all those that got announced today), like Castlevania that never got a TV airing, unlike what they have been doing now with LWA and Kakegurui
>>
>(((netflix))) literally buying and producing half of spring 2018's anime
fansubbing
will
return

rip in pizza daiz
>>
>>160641955
The only "exclusive" show that will be like casslebania is Cannon Busters, everything else will be on air in japan during the season but not available to the normalfag west until netflix-sama says so
>>
>>160634433
I buy JP BDs if i really like the show
>>
>>160642064
>implying this wasn't part of his plan
>>
>>160639269
No they are not. Even Normalfags watch anime because it is different from western TV
>>
>Trying to fit in: the thread
>>
>>160640061
Read a newspaper sometimes, multibillion companies fuck up all the time.
>>
>>160642133
No, those shows aren't "licensed", they are literally airing just on Netflix in both Japan and the rest of the world. Only Children of the Whales is going to follow what you are saying.
>>
>>160639269
>I highly doubt it. For god sakes, they probably just see dragon ball and GiTS and will try their damnedest to get studios to produce series just like those two.
Stop talking out of your ass. You have no idea what their intentions are. Don't shit up the place with your nightmares when you have no reason to believe them yourself.
>>
>>160640061
and none of them know who their waifu is, so what's your point?
>>
>>160640690
>Re:ddit spacing
It really makes you think.
>>
>>160630999
Netflix are so fucking wishy-washy. They said they wanted to break into the anime market and license more shows and that they'll try weekly simulcasting in 2017 (they even said episodes will be a week later) and so far nothing has changed; same 1-3 shows per season and same season batch. At least their sub quality is decent and you can thank them for bringing a couple of fansub groups out of retirement.
>>
>>160638266
Fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
>>160640158
Most discussion on /a/ is so boring and repetitive, I don't see any benefit in trying to wait for the weekly episode and then post here anymore. Especially since most replies in a thread are just
>nu uh
>uh hun
>nu uh
>uh hun
back and fort between very angry hormonal drama-queens.
>>
>>160644402
Your point isn't entirely invalid. I think what most people are frustrated by is the fact that the shows don't get immediate subs when Netflix has the rights for the world streaming. There is quite a lot of fun and decent discussion to be had in original shows where speculation is possible though I think. As long as you are able to not be baited into pointless arguments. Those based on source material tend to end up being boring without that though.

The thing I really hate is that 95% of time it isn't even a debate or argument the other person is looking to have. It is just each side repeats the same point over and over, probably adding in a variety of insults to an increasing degree until the one with the least time/autism has to stop posting or gives up, then the other person declares themselves the winner. I wouldn't mind arguing or debating things if the other side was actually sincerely engaging on the topic. It is rarely worth the effort though.
>>
>>160630999
This thread is fucking shit, but can anyone clarify (as in, point to the actual evidence/proof, not "I said it so it's true") what exactly Netflix's role is in these anime's production? It's hard for me to puzzle out, because they're so loose with their credit-taking (i.e. "we're subbing this, so it's a Netflix Original"). Obviously this new round is Netflix-distributed worldwide, rather than just translation, but are they actually the main funder and/or impetus behind these anime's creation, or are they merely providing the platform? Does it vary between shows (i.e. I could see the anime-originals being Netflix-commissioned, while something like Baki, with that OVA ahead of time, might be a different project that they just jumped into)? And depending on the answer to that, do we have any details (we probably don't) on what the financial model is here (i.e. is it the distributor-pays-for-rights model, or the nip's you-pay-the-TV-station-to-air-it model)?
>>
>>160643737
Then what should i do? Completely accept them trying to take over an industry that was doing fine without them? Suck all the CEOs dicks? Praise them for letting themselves do what they please with a medium i enjoy far more then most?
>>
>>160645067
They dont try take it over. Isnt it good that we are getting more original stuff?
>>
>>160645288
>more original stuff
Not him, but most of the things they've announced are adaptations.
>>
>>160644884
Depends on the show. You have some where all they are doing is just licensing the rights for streaming, like someone like Crunchyroll might commonly do. You have some where they get credits like "Executive Producer" like on LWA which probably means they contributed significantly to the anime production in terms of funding even though they still aren't actually on the production committee so likely won't have any direct input into shaping the show like other funders do. Then if you look at something like Devilman you have Aniplex and Dynamic Planning listed as the Producers and then Netflix as "In Cooperation/Association with" which is fairly unclear too but sounds as if it would be even more involvement in the production than something like LWA. I believe in the case of shows like Devilman they are real Netflix exclusives too, as in just on Netflix not even on Japanese TV. Usually for anime so far Netflix exclusive has meant they have exclusive streaming rights online in that region where they claim it is a Netflix exclusive and that is it.
>>
>>160632734
>muh torrents
there's literally nothing wrong with watching anime on netflix, at least some portion of the profits go to the people who made it, if you've already got a netflix account you might as well use it to watch the anime that it has.
>>
>>160638266
This so much. You can enjoy things without caring what others think and do. Someone else watching a series doesn't directly affect you at all.
>>
>>160645619
People on /a/ think that is money from the wrong place though you see. If it is western money then anime will start pandering to us westerners and no longer be like anime. It is a big global jewish conspiracy to kill anime just like they did with games!
>>
>>160644884
When I was saying Netflix Exclusive in this post >>160645579 I meant to be saying Netflix Original.
>>
>>160645619
The fact alone that you haven't watched already the few mainstream anime that Netflix has is just depressing.
>giving money to the ones that wants to ruin what you like
>>
>>160645361
Shhh. If you tell him that, he'll be wrong and will have to find a new way to praise Netflix.
>>
>>160645579
>I believe in the case of shows like Devilman they are real Netflix exclusives too, as in just on Netflix not even on Japanese TV.
Yes, this is true. That's what I meant by "this new round is Netflix-distributed worldwide, rather than just translation." I'm just trying to figure out what their relation to the actual production is for these new ones.

> Then if you look at something like Devilman you have Aniplex and Dynamic Planning listed as the Producers and then Netflix as "In Cooperation/Association with" which is fairly unclear too but sounds as if it would be even more involvement in the production than something like LWA .
This is very helpful, thanks. Based on that, it sounds more like they're inserting themselves into an existing project, rather than creating their own, at least in that case, but it's definitely them contributing money, not the producers buying a broadcast from them. I probably should have just looked those credits up myself instead of making you spoonfeed me, come to think of it, but too late now.

>>160645619
Kill yourself.
>>
>>160645974
Yeah I am not too entirely sure if the projects would have necessarily happened without them actually funding it though. Dynamic Planning are always going to be there because they own the rights to all Go Nagai IP I believe. Aniplex need to be there because they know how to actually produce/market anime in Japan. Then Netflix is probably there giving a big chunk of money to actually have it made.
>>
>>160645579
I'm pretty sure Netflix never claimed they were the executive producer of LWA, from the start since LWA anime announcement, it was made pretty clear that Netflix simply "licensed" it.
>>
>>160646364
It's in the credits of the show.
>>
>>160640646
With the bunch of financial crashs and scandals he involved, Trump is not a good example.
>>
>>160646159
> Dynamic Planning are always going to be there because they own the rights to all Go Nagai IP I believe. Aniplex need to be there because they know how to actually produce/market anime in Japan.
That's pretty solid reasoning, and it's definitely possible, but Netflix being "In Cooperation/Association with" just strikes me as a secondary credit. If they were listed alongside Aniplex, then I could see them being the main contributor, but when they're set aside in their own bracket it feels different. Maybe that's just how they're doing things, though, I don't know.
>>
>>160646710
I think it just represents that they aren't actually DOING anything. Usually the companies in the production committee are involved in planning/making the show and having their own anime producers suggesting ideas and shaping the show with the actual creatives from a business perspective. Netflix seem to just want to shove money in the pocket of people that know what they are doing, and are known for quality, and have a project made that fits the demographic they are aiming for.
>>
>>160640885
finally someone else who agrees.

netflix is the only thing that can kill the cartel.
>>
>>160645067
Realize that it's just a show and you really should relax.
>>
>>160646841
That actually makes sense. Now I'm starting to lean towards your side.
>>
File: 1428176823850.png (384KB, 631x720px) Image search: [Google]
1428176823850.png
384KB, 631x720px
>>160646989
>>160640885
Fansubbers are part of the cartel you clowns.
>>
>>160634555
There's German, Spanish, French dubs for LWA. It's hot seeing what sort of VA talent we have internationally. Spanish Sucy is good stuff while American Sucy is weaksauce fandub territory
>>
>>160647039
This article about their presentation is amusing/interesting.
http://animationbusiness.info/archives/3570
I am only using google translate to read it but it seems like the reporter was impressed by the sheer scale of the marketing event they did.

>A series of new announcements, surprising titles, and the work itself as well as course, but the extent of the event was further surprised. Not only in Japan but also overseas reporters were invited to the announcement that domestic and foreign guests came to the venue in the center of the Tokyo International Forum. Visitors are also prepared to have snacks and souvenirs, and they are fully revealed.
>It is unbelievable to think about how much budget was spent. Indeed, when producing animation in Japan and thinking about its business scale, you can calculate the budget that can be advertised if you reverse calculation. However, this time it is incongruous with conventional knowledge.
>>
>>160634555
Just admit it, you're poor.
>>
>>160647029
Do you even know where you're at, /a/non? Do you honestly think everyone here ironically loves anime and don't really care what happens to it? How new are you?
>>
File: 1500680801877.jpg (147KB, 600x633px) Image search: [Google]
1500680801877.jpg
147KB, 600x633px
>>160630999
I love Netflix and Amazon for gatekeeping the fuck out of moralfags. So many cry baby rants over "muh simulcast" or "muh double paywall", it's funny.
>>
>>160647547
>Just admit it, you're poor.
Just admit it, you're lazy as fuck and DAD pay for everything.
>>
>>160647865
I think you should probably realise that Netflix aren't taking your anime away. They are paying for more of it to be made.
>>
>>160648295
You mean more of what the western market wants, right? Because nothing they have produced makes me think otherwise, other then LWA.
>>
>>160648344
None of it is particularly western. Are you really saying Devilman, Blame!, Ajin, Godzilla, Baki, Saint Seiya and so on are being produced for a western market exclusively? All of those are famous properties in Japan that many Japanese would be highly excited about.
>>
>>160638426
Anime companies are trying to push into the NA and Chinese markets because the model they do now where they rely heavily on Blu Ray and DVD sales is not sustainable in the long-term, and coupled with Japan's population problem there will be less customers overall
>>
>>160647975
But at least he's not poor like you.
>>
>>160645974
B: The Beginning is actually financed by Netflix. It was announced over a year ago as an attempt to court Japanese to the service, but it was under the title "Perfect Bones"
>>
>>160630999
I don't want to watch anime weekly.

I don't understand why the idea of waiting every week for an episode has now become popular. I've always watched in marathon mode. I feel like most people take in anime this way. Am I wrong?
>>
>>160648467
>the model they do now where they rely heavily on Blu Ray and DVD sales
Huh? You mean figurines and pachinko and music and manga and LN sales?
>>
>>160648656
>Am I wrong?
Yes. Lurk more.
>>
>>160648701
what 4chan does has little to do with what most people do.
>>
File: Can'tBelieveThisShit.gif (1016KB, 498x280px) Image search: [Google]
Can'tBelieveThisShit.gif
1016KB, 498x280px
>>160648493
Gotcha. Hahahaha!
>>
>>160648673
It's more on a series by series basis, but shows that rely heavily on otaku going out and buying blu rays and all the figures are big risks because if it doesn't sit well and nobody buys shit then its a total dud
>>
>>160648559
>it was under the title "Perfect Bones"
Oh, fuck, is that what happened to that? I thought it was dead.
>>160648656
>I've always watched in marathon mode. I feel like most people take in anime this way. Am I wrong?
Yes, you're absolutely wrong. How is this not obvious by looking at /a/? Or by living in the world in general? Most people watch an anime, or a live-action show or read a book, or play a game, or anything else, when it comes out. That's the peak of the thing's consumption 99% of the time. Waiting until a series is finished to read/watch/play/whatever it is not the norm.
>>
>>160648656
Most people just want to relive the glory days of Code Geass. Watch however you want. No one's going to do anything except give some misguided snarky reply to you.
>>
>>160648732
It's the default mode of watching anime across the western fandom among all communities that would be considered anime fan groups. MAL, ANN, reddit, 4chan, twitter, even god damn tumblr. The majority of discussion for anything happens immediately after it airs or within the next few days. The same in Japan too.
>>
>>160648805
Netflix is predicated on binging so I don't see how it's so obvious. Also I'm talking about anime specifically.
>>
>>160648773
I'd rather have that risk then having the medium turn into another source for Capeshit and generic action show.
>>
File: CR hime-chan.jpg (87KB, 640x580px) Image search: [Google]
CR hime-chan.jpg
87KB, 640x580px
>>160640818
they held LWA hostage

my girl hime got cucked
>>
>>160648899
Netflix haven't made a single capeshit show? Japan has made far more of those with Marvel already.
>>
>>160648899
>implying anime doesn't have a ton of generic action shows
>>
>>160647875
At the end of the day, you're a gatekeeper yourself.
>>
>>160648873
> Netflix is predicated on binging so I don't see how it's so obvious
Most series don't release all at once like Netflix series do. If something comes out in pieces, people are generally watching those pieces as they come out, not waiting for it to end. Likewise, of course no one's watching a completed show at an artificial pace of one episode a week, but that's different.

>Also I'm talking about anime specifically.
And I'm saying that this holds for media in general, and there's no reason you wouldn't have applied it to anime.

>>160648732
>what 4chan does has little to do with what most people do.
So you see that you see that most people on /a/ consume their anime as it comes out. And you see that most people in general consume their media in general as it comes out. But for some reason you assumed that most people in general watched their anime differently?
>>
File: 1449730589583.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449730589583.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>defending netfix
>actually waiting to watch an anime which has been out for months
Fucking shills need to leave.
>>
>>160648899
Everything Netflix has done in anime so far has either been an original or an adaptation of a famous Japanese property. The idea that they are going to fund western pandering shit is just completely unfounded. If anything it seems like the understand that anime is appealing to people because it is different from western shit. All they have done so far is throw money at Japanese to do their thing and not got involved in the creative side at all. That is exactly the same as they do with their live action TV shows for the most part too. They aren't producers of content they pay people to make content who know how to do it.
>>
>>160649032
No one has to justify to you why they prefer not to consume a story in weekly cuckfests.
>>
>>160649032
That isn't the case with these new shows though. They are actual Netflix exclusives. The first place and only place they will be is Netflix.
>>
>>160649197
>weekly cuckfests
What the fuck does "cuck" even mean anymore? Kill yourself.
>>
>>160649225
>implying I give a shit about flash baby
As long as they don't hold shows hostage I couldn't care less about them, now fuck off.
>>
I use Hulu now anyway
>>
>>160649328
Do you not pay attention to anything? It's not just Devilman there is also, B: The Beginning, Sword Gai, A.I.C.O. Incarnation, Lost Song, Godzilla, Saint Seiya, Baki.
>>
>>160640885
>Good slap in the face to EOPs,
Netflix always releases their exclusives globally. That's the thing. They don't have to license shit, because the show is "theirs".
>>
>>160649250
Cuck Note
Dragon Cuck Z
Cuck Piece
Narucuck
Fairy Cuck
Attack on Cuck
Bleachcuck
Fullcuck Alchemist
Neon Cuck Evangelion
Boku no Cuck

get with it man
>>
File: 1453883534941.jpg (427KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1453883534941.jpg
427KB, 800x1000px
>>160649621
Can't wait to torrent all this fucking nothing. Try a little harder Shill-kun
>>
>>160649250
Cucking the uncuckable.
>>
>>160649803
I'm not shilling anything. Your critcism was dumb and it makes other critics look dumb. I am just letting you know that Netflix isn't primarily following that model anymore and they significantly expanded their operation. I believe the majority of those are slated to be released in spring 2018 so they will probably monopolise a decent fraction of the entire season with that many shows.
>>
>>160630999
Just download nigga
>>
>>160630999
Just drop weekly anime and your life will improve.
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.