[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hallucinogens and Serial Experiments Lain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

inb4: dude weed lmao

Have you ever had a really bad trip on a high dose of Mushrooms or LSD? I've got a theory, I think that Serial Experiments Lain was inspired by a bad trip on psychedelic drugs.

Fear, confusion, ego-loss, loss of contact with reality, abstract thoughts, deep thoughts about family, suicidal thoughts, paranoia, hallucinations, isolation and etc. Lain also looks high as fuck most of the time. Those weird power pole sounds, the echoes sounds is exactly the same sounds you hear when you're on psychedelic drugs.

I can't think of an anime, movie or even books to describe a bad and deep "trip" on psychedelic drugs better than Lain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znzKqRF5c04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP8MVKTn3Nw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB5YeQFw1S4
>>
File: 1500434257789.png (1MB, 1280x909px) Image search: [Google]
1500434257789.png
1MB, 1280x909px
ijn
>>
>>160617740
pls dont bring your normalfag tier shit to /a/ and just kill yourself
>>
>needing drugs to enjoy art
pleb
>>
>>160617740
She's a schizophrenic character inspired by the writings of RD Laing.
>>
>>160618323
I think you're pulling shit out of your ass, but who knows
>>160617740
I'm not going to say the show was unlike the last time I did Acid, which also involved a ton of coke and alcohol, but I doubt that's the influence. Besides being Japanese, Lain is pretty directly influenced by Neuromancer and the other books by William Gibson, who himself was influenced by William S Burroughs of Naked Lunch fame and the other Beat writers.
>>
>>160617740
dude acid lmao

In seriousness though I've always thought it was closer to a dissociative experience
>>
>>160617740
DUDE
>>
>>160617740
Japanese animators don't take drugs. Stupid American people do
>>
>>160620262
>I think you're pulling shit out of your ass
>DUDE DRUGS LMAO
man up and go od on some actual drugs you hippie loser
>>
>>160621728
>Someone's used drugs!
>I'm just going to ignore the fact that you literally say it isn't the drugs that influenced it!
The autism is strong with this one. Now provide a single fucking reference that supports your claim
>>
Lain is like doing dxm, not acid or shrooms.
>>
>>160617740
initially when i read this i thought no way, but after thinking about it i guess i can see it. still think that interpreting it as that dismisses the majority of the show's meat as tripping nonsense instead of exploring that bit more.

because i can tell you with certainty lain was a hell of a lot more coherent than any strong trip i've had.
>>
>>160620509
>>160621946
yeah it reminds me in ways of a 3meopcp binge when you start to lose your shit. lain is the official anime of /dis/ after all.
>>
>>160617740
desu lain really reminds me of schizophrenia and I'm pretty sure the creators are atleast schizoid
Source: me (I'm a schizo)
>>
>>160621766
You first retard
>>
>>160622230
>I am literally too stupid to understand how positive claims work
Jesus christ you're a fucking entitled little shit. Admit it, you pulled that out of your ass.
>>
File: Neuromancer_(Book).jpg (28KB, 245x406px) Image search: [Google]
Neuromancer_(Book).jpg
28KB, 245x406px
>>160622230
And in case you think I have no reason for citing William Gibson
>Neuromancer literally invented the concept of cyberspace
>The plot line of cybernetic apotheosis comes from Neuromancer
>Literally every cyberpunk story afterwards has direct lineage to Neuromancer
>Literally the entire visual language Lain uses to convey cyberspace as a physical place comes *directly* from Neuromancer
>This is especially important since Lain is from 1998, 14 years after the publication of Neuromancer and still before the mainstream spread of the internet
>Lain's plot also heavily mirror's Gibson's other books, which explore the abandoning of flesh
The funny thing is when I initially said "I think you're pulling shit out of your ass, but who knows" I was literally saying you might have a valid point, but instead of bringing literally anything to the conversation you just got buttmad that I've used drugs.

Drugs I literally dismissed as having any influence on Lain.
>>
>>160617740
dude weed lmao
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.