[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey I was trying to explain the plot of kizumonogatari to some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11

Hey I was trying to explain the plot of kizumonogatari to some friends who were interested in it and they asked some questions I don't have an answer for.

Are vampire minions' powers based off of their masters CURRENT power,

How does Ararara make it so that Kiss shot doesn't get her powers back (yes I understand he drinks her blood to take her powers, but where do they go from there?)

Im prepared to be called an idiot or whatnot but I haven't read the light novels so I'm certain there are facts that I don't know about vampires in the series.
>>
>>160573843
why are you redditspacing
>>
File: 1501293311234.jpg (332KB, 1007x3343px) Image search: [Google]
1501293311234.jpg
332KB, 1007x3343px
>>160573881
>redditspacing
where did this meme come from anyway?
>>
File: also bat is a fucking shit.jpg (93KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
also bat is a fucking shit.jpg
93KB, 1920x1080px
Everything supernatural in monogatari is based on appearance/belief.
All you have to do to rob a vampire of her powers is ruin her "vampire" image. By nearly killing her and making her beg for death, she becomes a husk of her former self.
Same for the first question. If the Vampire isn't much of a vampire, their servant wont be much of a servant.

This is how Nisio manages to get away with all the conflicting bullshit, if there's not a real explanation, just assume "haha it just works because everyone thinks it works, so deep!".
>>
>>160573843
Read the novels yourself and have your idiot friends read them too, they're pretty cheap and they've already covered until Nisemonogatari, for which the second volume will come out later this month.
>>
>>160574801
That's not /a/.
>>
File: 1492642335927.png (448KB, 1167x698px) Image search: [Google]
1492642335927.png
448KB, 1167x698px
>>160573843
>trying to explain the plot of kizumonogatari
there's your mistake.
Should've just showed your freinds a picture of Shinobue and told them if they want more they should watch the show.
>>
>>160574801
Right around May/June after a protracted argument in one of the threads here.
>>
File: 16099.jpg (751KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
16099.jpg
751KB, 1920x1080px
>>160573843
Their vampiric powers are linked to their amount of blood in their body. Araragi's powers are also linked to whether or not Shinobo is Kiss-Shot again. When she is weakened in the first Kizu, she's still Kiss-Shot, so Araragi has his full powers.
>In Kizu 1 Kiss-Shot has lost a lot of blood, but she's still Kiss-Shot
>In Kizu 3 Araragi is losing a ton of blood during their fight, thus getting weaker until he shoves his head in her chest and drinks her blood
>Losing their heads and bodies doesn't hurt them; losing their blood does
>Once he makes her shed enough blood she starts getting slower, and eventually he properly latches on
>Once he subdues her, Araragi then drinks her blood to the point where she has no power
>She becomes less than a vampire, a creature not vampiric enough to call itself a vampire
>He becomes less than human, a creature not human enough to be called human.
After Araragi drains her almost dry, she ceases being Kiss-Shot and loses her vampiric powers, because her very nature as an aberration has changed. If Araragi feeds her enough blood, she becomes a little bit more like Kiss-Shot and he gets some of his powers back.

The key difference though is if her nature has changed. Kinda like how Araragi acting like a Vampire is slowly turning him back into a full-powered vampire, even without Shinobu sucking his blood. His nature is changing. Aberrations are all based on belief, acting, and order.
Hence why the universe shits a brick when Kiss-Shot pretend to be a god for a while; she wasn't playing her part anymore.
>>
File: 1500309771481.png (281KB, 809x343px) Image search: [Google]
1500309771481.png
281KB, 809x343px
>>160573843
Yes they are. This kind of gets explained in the movies too.
He literally nearly kills her and makes it so that she can't even eat a body with her current form, therefore she's unable to regain her power. He still feeds her blood, but that's just because she needs nutrition. Why is she not sucking all of rrgis blood? Probably because she just goes with it.
>>
>>160576064
why isn't he full vamp in Owari 2 then?
>>
>>160576107
Wrong.
See
>>160576064
and
>>160574814
>>
>>160576107
>Why is she not sucking all of rrgis blood? Probably because she just goes with it.
Nah, it's because she wants him to kill her.
Shinobu want, in order from most to least;
>Her dead and Araragi human
>Her and Araragi both alive and not human/vampire
>Araragi not dead, both of them vampires
>>160576158
I haven't read it, but I'm going to assume it's because their link is broken because he's dead?
>>
>>160576158
If one of them dies, their link breaks and they revert to their original forms. Thus Araragi becomes a normal human and Shinobu gets all her powers back.
>>
>>160576196
ah yeah, forgot the link gets broken, but shouldn't that mean rrgi is fully human for ougi dark?
>>
>>160576272
Once again haven't read it, but I'll assume he's alive again. If he comes back to life, their link is probably re-established?
>>
>>160574801
Seriously though, /a/ has always had people separating their lines so that people could read shit easier and wouldn't have had to read walls of text.

I want to know how this meme got started too.
>>
>>160576322
>>160576272
Plus I don't think Gaen is stupid enough to not exploit some loophole that would prevent Kiss-Shot from coming back. The entire point of killing Araragi was to stop the chess game over them regaining their powers.
>>
>>160576357
No, no, wait. Wasn't that because Gaen wanted Shinobu to be the god for the town, and that's why she killed rrgi so she could be in her adult form and had the link broken, which means she's even less of a vampire?
>>
>>160576466
Last time Araragi died, when they saved snail, Shinobu regained her power and destroyed the world with her vampiric powers. So clearly she isn't less of a vampire.
I think Gaen has some sort of long con. And I think it involved fucking over Ougi. Hard.
>>
>>160576534
I meant that there might be some problems if she still has a vampiric link as a god
>>
>>160576568
Except they offered it to Araragi to give to her back when they were still connected, so I don't think that's the issue. I don't think Gaen is trying to instate Kiss-Shot as a god anymore, that ship has sailed .Fuck, I don't think Sinobu can even become a god without the talisman.
Honestly? I think Ougi might be the god, or rather the god... forming. Or something. Ougi is involved. It seems like Ougi is the one Gaen is opposing. Ougi was the only other person even interested in the talisman, aside from snake girl of course, who Ougi manipulated anyway.
We're missing a piece of the puzzle here.
>>
>>160576696
Gaen tried really hard to make Shinobu into a goddess. However, both Shinobu and Araragi completely stonewalled her for 6 months so she took the hint. Having Shinobu stay defanged is enough for her.
>>
File: 1 (4).gif (495KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
1 (4).gif
495KB, 500x265px
>>160576184
>>
File: 1454374750892.gif (1019KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1454374750892.gif
1019KB, 500x281px
>>160578903
>>
>>160574895
If what board it is matters, why are you trying to bring /pol/ garbage like reddit spacing here?
>>
File: Download (7).jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Download (7).jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>160580772
Then why do you have nothing to do besides derailing a thread?
>>
File: 1492022245236.png (311KB, 401x615px) Image search: [Google]
1492022245236.png
311KB, 401x615px
>>160581280
I only come on 4chan to metapost, anon
>>
>>160581322
You're not better than someone complaining about spacing.
>>
>>160576064
>>In Kizu 3 Araragi is losing a ton of blood during their fight, thus getting weaker until he shoves his head in her chest and drinks her blood
>>Losing their heads and bodies doesn't hurt them; losing their blood does
You are getting a couple of things mixed up here and wrong anon. For starters Araragi and Kiss-Shot can litterally lose how much blood they want. Their blood will vaporize and return back to them, just like "any" part of their body. In Bakemonogatari there is a scene where Araragi'd blood vaporizes when Black Hanekawa tears of his arm.

Again, losing blood does not pose any sort of problem to them, but the "means" to it could. For example, when a vampire sucks the blood of another vampire, they get excorsised. The blood does "not" return. Also the scene where Araragi shoves his head through her chest was never in the novel, nor was it Araragi drinking her blood there in any way.
>>
>>160581850
It's not about the vampire sucking blood, it's that their bite is a super powerful energy drain.
>>
>>160581850
Kiss-Shot literally says it in the book anon. Losing their blood through wounds or any other type of injury poses no problem to vanpires like her and Araragi but when a vampire sucks the blood of another vampire, they "lose" power because their blood does not return right away.
>>
>>160581946
Meant to reply to>>160581879
>>
>>160581946
It's an energy drain. The exact same thing that happens with Sawari Neko, but way stronger.
>>
>>160576466
>>160576357
Araragi gets killed and their link breaks. Shinobu regains "all" her powers and Gaen brings back Araragi as a human back to the world of the living from hell. At this point Araragi everyhing is back to the way before Kizu and Shinobu/Kiss-Shot is in her full form. At the end of Ougi dark both Araragi and Shinobu willingly reestablish the connection and Araragi goes back yo being a wash-up of a vampire

As a little side note, Kiss-Shots body chooses the most optimal form depending on how much power she has left. The more she has, the older she becomes with the limit being 27 years old.
>>
>>160576339
Separating lines is different from having paragraphs. Redditors make every sentence a new paragraph to make their posts bigger and more important. Normal people know when you are actually supposed to start a new paragraph.
>>
>>160582313
By power I mean vamparic nature. The link is established to keep this as low as possible. So if it breaks, they get their powers back.
>>
File: Come on Buzz.jpg (11KB, 327x388px) Image search: [Google]
Come on Buzz.jpg
11KB, 327x388px
>>160573843
>Hey I was trying to explain the plot of kizumonogatari to some friends
>to some friends
>friends
>>
>>160576064
>>In Kizu 1 Kiss-Shot has lost a lot of blood, but she's still Kiss-Shot
>>In Kizu 3 Araragi is losing a ton of blood during their fight, thus getting weaker until he shoves his head in her chest and drinks her blood
>until he shoves his head in her chest and drinks her blood
Anon stop feeding anons wrong information. This is very fucking wrong.
1. Araragi was not getting weaker "at all" through the fight. No matter how much blood he spills it immeadiatly goes back to him. Their regen is instant, the movie nerfed it.
2. That whole scene with Araragi through Kiss-Shots chest is movie-only. He is not sucking any blood there.
>>
>>160576064
Let me add something more here>>160582478
>Once he makes her shed enough blood she starts getting slower, and eventually he properly latches on
This is also wrong. Araragi nor Kiss-Shot get "any" weaker through the fight by "losing" blood because they lose nothing. All their blood returns instantly back to them. All these "facts/headcanons" of yours are bases on the movie, which gives you a lot of misunderatandings. Read the novel
>>
>>160573843
The plot is shit. Tell them to watch for the visuals and characters.
>>
>>160583058
>visuals and characters
That has always been the main reason to watch since a lot of times the plots are quite thin, although if he likes the characters I would recommend reading the novels.
>>
>>160583058
Isn't that the main appeal of anime anyway? If I want plot and story, wouldn't I just read the novel?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.