[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that our good friends at Sony™ has bought our hardworking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: funi.jpg (786KB, 1921x1298px) Image search: [Google]
funi.jpg
786KB, 1921x1298px
Now that our good friends at Sony™ has bought our hardworking pals at Funimation™, what should we expect?
>>
>>160572179
Then that means more sales right? ultimately a good thing for the industry.
Truly the good people at sony would help progress anime as a better art form, right?
>>
Is anime even that profitable?
I don't see why sony would want to buy them
>>
Great, but where are the fucking Mach GoGoGo BDs, Funi?
>>
>>160572109
Dunno really. Sony doesn't produce anime, they just sponsor it.
>>
>>160572109
expect dragon ball super and my hero academia trailers to play before the emoji movie
>>
>>160572109
They're going to milk Funimation dry and shut it down when there is no more money.
Or they going to milk Funimation dry, shut it down and then replace it with their own which no one will like.
>>
File: pony_brapia.jpg (52KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
pony_brapia.jpg
52KB, 848x480px
Every game console will be 'shooped into a playstation and every TV will be an XBR.
>>
Fucking diaz is at it again...
>>
>>160572593
>BRAP
What did they mean by this?
>>
>Wealthy Japanese company distributes anime worldwide now
So?
>>
Will I still be able to get funimation on xbox?
>>
>>160572109
I'm hoping Funi stops being shit.
I'm expecting for Sony not to give a single fuck and possibly make them even worse/make the bankrupt due to new dumb things they tell Funi to do.
>>
Who cares? Funi's subs were already trash and their encodes were unreasonably bad, plus what the fuck was with those filters?
It would be a great service to the industry if they shuttered it and just took the licenses as loot, but if they keep it going there's no way they could fuck up as bad as funi has already been doing.
>>
>>160572410
These are the same guys who made the emoji movie mind you.
>>
>>160572109
Nothing? The people translating the anime are irrelevant.
>>
>>160572512
I'm pretty sure distrubutors aren't in charge of the trailers before movies...
I guess they do suggest them, but ultimately the cinema owner picks the trailers based on what he will bring to his cinema later.
>>
>>160572410
>I don't see why an anime producer would want to buy an English-language anime distribution company
It's very clearly advantageous for them, particularly since Daisuki/ACJ became such a failure and was bought out entirely by Bandai a few months ago.
>>
>>160572790
I have a PC and can torrent but I enjoy watching anime in bed on xbox.
>>
File: konosuba_arrest_him.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
konosuba_arrest_him.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
Also lawsuits. Tons of lawsuits.
Sony has deep pockets and an army of lawyers standing by on high alert at all times.
So no more free animu for you, foorish gaijin.
>>
>>160572109
>we
Irrelevant to me, I don't stream anime you fucking casual.
>>
This is gonna be so trash name one movie Sony Pictures haven't fucked up in recent years they're incompetent retards.
>>
>>160572836
This is sony, not sony pictures, dumbass
>>
>>160572836

Sony=/=Sony Pictures

Even then, they can't do shit.
>>
>>160572891
>>160572926
SONY PICTURES TELEVISION NETWORKS
>>
>>160572179
They license, not produce. It's not like Sony went and bought out 10 studios and told them to make products more geared at overseas markets.
>>
Hopefully more funding to shaft so we can get more craned necks and white backgrounds
>>
I thought funimation just did dubs
>>
>>160572760
>emoji movie
I don't believe you.
>>
>>160574255
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emoji_Movie
>>
>>160572410
No, it's just a fad like the one we had in the early 00's.

Expect a boom, lots of failures after the boom and then we'll be back to the old milking cow.
>>
>>160572109
nothing really, Sony already has Aniplex USA

this was done so they can control Localization of Anime games in USA

>Studio X non affiliated to Aniplex
>I want to make this anime into a game for Switch and PS4
>Sony
>Good luck getting that Switch port in USA without our permission

If people see value on just a Japan Port they will drop the switch all together making the game effectively Sony Exclusive without the need of sony paying for said Exclusivity
>>
>>160572836
>Sony has deep pockets
they dont
>>
More memes, less politics.
>>
>>160572857
>>160572891
>>160572926
>>160575111
This. I can see them dissolving within the next few years.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.