[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, was it worth it after waiting all these years?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: kizu II poster.jpg (232KB, 780x1052px) Image search: [Google]
kizu II poster.jpg
232KB, 780x1052px
So, was it worth it after waiting all these years?
>>
possibly the most forward-thinking piece of cinematic artwork to be released this decade
>>
I've been waiting for Kizu for about 6 or so years after reading the novel, which I still consider to be Nisio's best Mono to this day. Having watched all three, I'd say it is a very tentative 'yes'.

Here's the thing: while they took a lot of the little plot-points and themes that existed in the novel out of the movie, what they gave you instead was arguably as good. Example: the movie doesn't at all talk about Araragi's thought towards plants, and the whole theme of headpats does not receive the ample the importance it has in the novel and the rest of Monogatari anime as a whole. Coming from the decision to cut out all inner monologuing except for Araragi's last one, marking the transtition from Kizu Araragi to the Araragi everyone knows, I suppose some sacrifices were necessary. Still, sacrificing a central plot-point like headpats in particular by not having Koyomi pat Kissshot's head before he continued drawing her blood was a disappointing decision by the directors, though they also never did the build-up headpat scenes from the first part of the story correctly to begin with.

Now, as I said, a lot of what they gave us instead made it just as worth it. Araragi's smile towards Shinobu at the end of Kizu is a perfect microcosm of their relationship and was very poignant. It's not the Kizu we imagined and hoped for, certainly not a perfect adaptation, but worth the wait for me.
>>
File: 20170413_111956.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170413_111956.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>160569358
Yes
>>
>>160572066
Very nice my man. I went to all three and only got the poster from the second because they ran out of stock.
>>
>>160569358
what series is this?
>>
Absolutely. The only thing more worth the wait was showing it to my friends who I'd been taking through the series.
>>
>>160569358
Would've worked as two films, given their combined runtime splitting it into 3 was pointless.
>>
>>160572225
That would trigger my autism so bad.
>>
Of course, it's amazing, even the OST are top
>>
File: k2.webm (772KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
k2.webm
772KB, 1920x816px
Yes, loved the animation
>>
What's the best available subs for all three?
>>
>>160569358
No.
>>
I spent too much of my time in the theater grinning like an idiot to say no.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.