[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yoake tsugeru Lu no uta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1703092300-001.jpg (40KB, 383x546px) Image search: [Google]
1703092300-001.jpg
40KB, 383x546px
On this historic night I shall answer all of your questions about the savior of Anime, the Ponyo that should have been, the anime of the century, Master Yuasa's masterpiece. Or Yuasa's other movie if you still care about that one.
>>
File: A18915-1628908151.1481755813.jpg (54KB, 283x400px) Image search: [Google]
A18915-1628908151.1481755813.jpg
54KB, 283x400px
Pictured on the left: that other movie
>>
I will reply to this thread because I care about Yuasa the future of anime in theaters. How good is Lu no Uta?
>>
>>160568340
Oh, so you saw it anon? So it was better than >>160568520 in your opinion?
>>
>>160568808
Extremely.

>>160568945
Its strongest moments are better than anything in Otome, but that's maybe 2 or 3 scenes. I can't say which is better, but Otome is more consistent. MC in Lu seems to change his personality as the plot demands it.

I think Lu gets more attention worldwide because it is more accessible and maybe because Yuasa himself wants to push his original film. Fans of the Tatami Galaxy will probably prefer Otome.
>>
>>160568340
Does the Flash tweening make the animation look sterile?
>>
>>160569451
I also want to know this.
>>
Is it true that Lu is actually a bittersweet movie overall?
>>
>>160569451
Yeah this is my main concern, especially with the news that the devilman reboot will utilize the same tech.
>>
>>160568520
Did Memekana ruin it
>>
>>160569451
>>160569489
Sometimes it looks mechanical, similarly to Ping Pong where characters or objects "slide" unnaturally, mostly on cheap scenes I guess. Same goes for Otome but I noticed it more on Lu. I was attentive to it though, overall it looks solid and there are a few scenes in each that have amazing animation. Although if you follow Lu closely you will probably already have seen some roughs.

I don't particularly like the flat drawings and Flash animation, but I don't think it constrains the animation any more than other cheap cost-cutting tricks, there is still a lot of cool movement, morphing, off model animation etc.

>>160569538
Yes.

>>160569610
I think she's a good fit for the role, she just doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>160569905
>Sometimes it looks mechanical, similarly to Ping Pong where characters or objects "slide" unnaturally, mostly on cheap scenes I guess
>I don't particularly like the flat drawings and Flash animation, but I don't think it constrains the animation any more than other cheap cost-cutting tricks

Now that I think about it, it would make more sense for anime to fill in parts where the budget is short with some flash animation. As long as it's not all over the show I would mind it much less than pans over static images or scenes that cut from one close up of a character talking to another.
>>
Did it deserve the big prize that the french gave it?
>>
>>160571283
Haven't seen the other films in competition, other than Koe no Katachi, which is pretty mediocre narratively speaking. Lu is also flawed in that regard (I think Yuasa tried to pack too much stuff in it at the expense of the main character), but it is much more cohesive than KnK and probably better visually as well even though it might not seem like it when you look at the awful international poster or still images.

I just remembered that Otome played with the double meaning of koi (鯉/恋) and Lu on kai (貝/カイ (MC's name)) to set up metaphors, might just be a coincidence but I feel like it was done on purpose.
>>
I'm going to sleep now, but I will be happy to answer any further inquiries if this manages to stay alive for 8 hours.

In short, it was as expected from the master.
>>
>>160572264
Thanks for this thread. I really want to watch the movie once the BD is out.
>>
>>160572264
Yeah, thanks anon. I'm looking forward to these films, and eventually Devilman too.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.