[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13

File: o0480048012151562569.jpg (108KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
o0480048012151562569.jpg
108KB, 480x480px
Ideas for a new series.
Have you ever had a really really good idea for an anime, /a/?
I have a few but since I'm not a nip it's literally never going to happen.
>>
What are those ideas you have? I am interested
>>
a boy unable to...
>>
>jamal gets shot while dealing on street corner
>wakes up in an alley
>cat girls staring at his 12" anaconda
>makes them his bitches
>medieval fantasy world
>jamal discovers how to create magical drugs
>becomes drug lord and runs prostitution ring on the side
>kills all the white knights with his nine that was still on his waist when he woke up
>op and ed is rap music by real american blacks
>>
Harem romcom where the protagonist is Earth and is obsessed with life
Moon is his clingy little sister
Mars is the hot blooded tsundere
Jupiter the voluptuous student council president with her satellites as fan club
And so on
>>
>>160549309

The one that I'm building the most(simply bevause I cant stop thinking about it) is the general idea of a girl who's cut out of her life and accidentally sent to another universe while being incredibly homesick in the process.

You always see these stories of the MC being sent into a differnet world, but 90% percent of them actually like it and want to stay because all kinds of shallow reason. Yeah, I know the general idea of it is escapism for nips, but I just find the idea of running away from your reality is sometimes just running away from who you really are.

So I thought about this high school girl who's mom left her, her dad, and 3 younger brothers and sisters. Ultimately the girl needs to take care of the family while the father works his ass off, and she eventually becomes the support of the house. Then she gets herself sent in another dimension, and instead of liking it and wanting to stay she tries everything to get back to her family while filling with guilt, because her family doesnt know anything, and to them she just got up and took off just like her mom.
She eventually meets another character that helps her find her way back while teaching her that it's okay to sometimes stop and smell the roses, though it takes time because she's very driven by her need to find her way back and she's scared of getting stuck there if she doesnt hold on to that drive.

Generally it's about learning how to balance your own life with responsibilities and escapism. It's not good to always try to escape, but it's okay sometimes because if not you're not really living.

>ib4 faggot
I know it's not your typical battle shonen with michael bay-tier explosions and superpowers, but it's my idea.
>>
>>160549972
I would actually watch that and have a similar idea too. Want to hear it?
>>
File: gsv.jpg (281KB, 1500x704px) Image search: [Google]
gsv.jpg
281KB, 1500x704px
I want an anime adaptation of the Culture novels
>>
>>160549972
Take a look at Twelve Kingdoms. Somewhat like your idea, but a bit more serious. Getting home is very hard, plus she takes up some serious responsibilities in the new world and cannot possibly just leave.[/spoler] Unfinished, ending never ever.
>>
File: no.jpg (164KB, 588x660px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
164KB, 588x660px
In the post-dystopian world of anarcho-capitalistic Japan, this once great nation is divided into many different enclaves protected by the NAP, as three great zaibatsus under the names of Hideyoshi-daimyo's Power Samurai (formerly known as the Japanese Self-Defense Force), the State of Japan (led by founder and CEO Tokugasu Ieyawa), and Cowabunaga Inc. (producer of such global hit anime like Loli Idol Shinobi Turtlegirls and I Used To Be A Normal High-Schooler Until Japanese And Power Samurai Scum Fooled Me Into Violating The NAP).

These are the major forces, deadset on conquering the whole 56th State of the Autonomous States of South-America (the ASS is comprised of all of America, with the exception of Canada which has been renamed as South-Antarctica) in a warring states period which would be known as the Songoku period..

However, even in this hell, people still can't go without one basic need: pizza. To satisfy the pizza-needs of the whole 56th, an organization called Itariyakuza Pizza Delivery (franchise of the Italian Yakuza led by the Super Itariyakuza Bros.) was founded to create and deliver pizza to customers within twenty minutes, else the Super Itariyakuza Bros. will personally give you your dorrars back. To prevent this, elite couriers called Pizzamurai are trained at Itariyakuza High in the arts of pizza delivery. Each Pizzamurai is equipped with a military-grade Ferrari capable of transforming into a mech in case of combat situations. Should the Pizzamurai fail, then he's going to lose more than a finger.

The story follows our MC, who is a normal high-school student and Pizzamurai-in-training at Itariyakuza High but got tricked by Japanese and Power Samurai scum to violate the NAP, which left him with a crippling debt. The only way to pay it off is to become the Top Pizzamurai, and to do so he must be the fastest.

On his quest he will fall in love with a lost Loli Idol Shinobi Turtlegirl, and change the fate of the whole 56th...
>>
>>160551621
Sure
>>
>>160551779
>Twelve Kingdoms

It sounds alike only in the other universe aspect, thouhh.
Yoko had her fate sealed to begin with and got to that world for a reason, not to mention she has to stay there because she's the rightful ruler.[/spoiler[
>>
Thanks
Basically, my idea deals with the idea that maybe the world cannot be saved, even with the greatest effort, and how people react to that. It also deals with the idea of karma, and righteous revenge
I have not pre-typed the whole thing yet. Im doind so right now
>>
>>160553986
To this >>160552402
>>
>>160553986
>the idea that maybe the world cannot be saved

Kinda vague, is it already a post apocalyptic situation, or is the general public receiving an idea that the world is gonna end in X days and how everyone reacts to it?
>>
>>160554293
Yeah, it is a mix of both. Basically, in my story, reality itself and the gods who live in it derive their existence from the Absolute Reality Entity, or A.R.E for short. The A.R.E has woken up, and has selected a Herald to gather enough energy to enable the ARE to wake up fully. The gods are shitting themselves in fear in the story because they do not want to die, especially a horrible death as the Herald might bear a grudge against them for the circumstances in which she was chosen to be the A.R.E's Herald
>>
Saw this posted a billion years ago. I suppose the same narrative could be applied to any similar plot.
>>
File: mitosupa.png (14KB, 802x252px) Image search: [Google]
mitosupa.png
14KB, 802x252px
>>160549213
He never replied back ;_;

I don't even think he can read english
>>
>>160549972
That actually sounds pretty neat. I've had the idea of an anime scene stuck in my head for a while where a girl gets "trapped beneath the growing shadows" during sunset and can't get out. I think that would work well as a transition scene (at least if the different world the MC is sent to isn't supposed to be totally different from the world she originally came from and is more like a parallel universe).
>>
File: 1417584195206.jpg (1MB, 4000x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1417584195206.jpg
1MB, 4000x2400px
A drama about one or more Christian proselytizers spreading the faith in late / post-Roman Europe (Germany especially), following a similar structure to Mushishi.
>>
>>160555270
so it'd be like LOGH but at sea instead of space

I can dig it
>>
>>160555270
Similar idea:

Two shows running in the same season (produced by different studios) that turn out to be set in the same world in the third half. Once the plots merge / the characters of the two shows group up, the rest of the episodes are alternatingly produced by the two studios.
>>
>>160555395
That's really creative.
I actually had an idea that she keeps jumping between worlds and that every world is different, but has some kind of common ground to it to not make it too crazy, the point is that she has no idea if she's going in the right direction when jumping into the next world, and that adds to the pressure.
Your idea could definitely be one of the universes.
>>
>>160549428
NO
>>
>>160549213
I have like 6 or 7 really well-documented ideas for novels that I'd allow to be adapted into an animation in a heart beat. I even visualize the characters with an anime aesthetic
I'd do it myself as a passion project but i fucking suck at drawing.
>>
>>160556363
Oh, so are there supposed to be psychological elements to it i.e. every world deals with one of her problems or is it different worlds that just happen to be there?
>>
>>160549213
Most of my ideas would work far better as a book or a manga. Anime would water it down too much to appeal to otaku for easy cash, and probably censor it to boot.
>>
>>160557178
Hone your writing skills
Learn moon
Move to nipland
Write a (light) novel
Get an anime adaption

The dream!
>>
>>160549972
for some reason the anime "colorful" came up in my mind as I read this even though it's not super related.
>>
>>160557540
The main psychological issue is the pressure that makes her so hell-bent to get home asap. In reality the situation isnt as bad as she thinks it is, but since she doesnt know that she's getting more and more impatient with every world because she thinks her own reality(her family) is falling apart while she's not there.
I imagined the other character she meets to be this happy go lucky person that helps her actually stop and calm the fuck down for a moment and show her that she could still try to find her way home while at least enjoy what's in front of her(not all worlds are bad), making her realize she's been living her life too focused on her responsibilities and that she never took a moment for herself all those years.
>>
>>160558516
I see, so it's a "you have to learn to let go" kind of deal. Reminds me of Tatami Galaxy in the sense that the "way out" is always right in front of the MC but her being stubborn makes her blind to it. I could see the shows having some similarities except for the heroine not "resetting" every time she enters a new world.
>>
>>160558784
>you have to learn to let go

Kinda.
She can still choose to live her life the way she did until now, some people barely have any time for hobbies or vacations and are 100% job/family oriented without having that luxury.
She chooses to be selfish for herself because she realizes that she deserves it. It's a hard step to take but she realizes she secretly always wanted it but she didnt even dare to admit it to herself.
>>
>>160559102
Well, I would read/watch it. Especially if you throw some creative worlds in the mix.
>>
File: 1492118003230.png (341KB, 610x606px) Image search: [Google]
1492118003230.png
341KB, 610x606px
>>160552046
This is quite the elaborate shitpost. I'm not even mad.
>>
File: 2017-07-30_04-34-06.jpg (492KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-30_04-34-06.jpg
492KB, 1280x720px
>>160557903
I'm do my best, anon-kun!
>>
>>160549213
Post-Apocalyptic anime with badass tomboyish MC. And there're also. Horrible projects made by government before the bombs falls. And there's also some sci-fi and other fallout shit. Basically, anime with fallout setting, And there's also cute robot-girl. And immortal Yandere. And some Slave liberation stuff. And MC also addict. And all take place not in japan. And the only cute girls besides robot-girl are slaves. And they're being fucked by ghouls.

What you think about my PERFECT anime?
10/10, anime of all times, right?
>>
>>160560034
immortal yandere caught my attention. Tell me more. How deeply have you thought of the intricacies of her character?
>>
>>160560034
>>160560311
Kek, immortal yandere is literally a 10/10 idea. Everything else is highly questionable.
>>
File: 598762.jpg (249KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
598762.jpg
249KB, 1920x1080px
>>160559207
Thanks anon, I appreciate the feedback.
The overall look(or feel, I guess) of the MC also crossed my mind, pic related is art of Shiburin but I really liked the general feel her character gives. I think the whole "probably pissed and definitely doesn't have time for you" without being too much of an edgelord would have worked perfect.
>>
>>160560311
She wants die and joined MC for that reason.
>>
>>160560544
That's good in my book. What I like about the pic is that it doesn't make the character look outright poor, I feel many writers would do that just for the purpose of squeezing some tearducts. The family is doing well enough, but she really has to put her all into it in order for that to work. She'd be one of those persons that makes you feel fucking useless after you had a conversation with them. I don't think she should be pissed the whole time though, I think her being a generally well-adjusted girl that just acts pissed from time to time because of all the stress would be enough.
>>
File: meme1491256486939.png (190KB, 378x345px) Image search: [Google]
meme1491256486939.png
190KB, 378x345px
>>160560644
The MC can somehow offer her death? hmm....
>>
>>160561208
MC is going on suicidal mission
>>
>>160560953
I agree.
Unfortunately many authors feel the need to take characteristics to the extreme, I guess to make it easier for the audience, but that's pretty lazy imo.

>She'd be one of those persons that makes you feel fucking useless after you had a conversation with them.

She wouldn't start a conversation with you about her situation to begin with. She'd avoid any topic regarding home because she wouldn't want people to feel sorry for her/misundertand and think her father puts too much on her.
She thinks her lifestyle is okay as long as everything stays stable, even if it means she's in constant stress. That's why I think her being kind of an angry person suits the whole thing, since deep inside she knows she's suffering from it all but she would rather shut up than complain because that would make her extremely selfish.
>>
>>160561264
She's immortal though
>>
>>160549213
Story that I'll never write
Begins with two kids sneaking into food reserves. The female of the two is reluctant. They talk about some kind of monster stalking the area. When they reach the storage they being gathering, but is scared off by said monster. Thus they are caught and would be punished via public stoning, but the female of the two is actually one of the annul 'chosen bearers' young women picked by the church to give birth. Revealed that the reason why they wanted to sneak the food out was because they wanted to escape from their village cause getting pregnant at like 14 bothers them even though it is an honor. Throughout these sequences, exposition about the village would be given, but in like a classroom setting cause they are students. Lots of shit on their religion and one god. The day after, the monster is caught and is to be sacrificed the next day. The duo and friends out of curiosity talk to the monster who informs them that they can escape if they reach the 'heavens.' The 'heavens' is a place above the village, but the villagers call that place the 'punished land.' The monster tells the kids that they are being lied to and he'll help them escape. They decide to trust each other and look for a way out. Turns out the monster was at their village because that was the only way to get to the 'heavens.' The monster tells them that he was born in a small alcove somewhere and for some reason he has had deformities since birth. The rest of the story involves them figuring a way to escape while learning about where they really are located. The twist is that their society is a place created by a religiously fervent terrorist group after they nuked the earth by hijacking a country's missiles and shit when they were hired as mercenaries. Their plan was to have this new generation of people follow their religion then reach the surface after the radiation ends. (btw ISIS are terrorists and NK is the country) Monster was born from escapees.
>>
cheesy 2000-s vibe shounen about mastering a perfect scratch with winning on dmc being the ultimate goal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1OqINaOVQo
>>
A story of a naive young staff officer in a not world war I setting. He deals with logistics or something and is attached to a headquarters that follows behind the frontline so there is very little or even no fighting involved. Instead the focus the other aspects of war as he moves through villages that found themselves on the frontline, occasionally having to requisition accomodation within them for periods in which the advance is stalled while the wounded from the front trickle through on their way home and dealing with the fact that his decisions actively effect tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people. Also he falls in love with a qt in one of the villages that his HQ takes over for a while.
>>
>>160562041
This is trash, but my million dollar idea is an anime about cute girls traveling the world meeting other cute girls who tell them about the daily life of a cute girl at that area and then tourism stuff and landmarks.
>>
>>160561367
Sounds good. Since the story will mostly be about her, it is pretty important that she's a believable / relatable character or people will stop caring.
>>
>>160549213
I have idea for what I like, not what other people might consider good or bad. I have no way to know for sure if others would like it just because I do.
>>
>>160560034
So. One girl is leaving her home vault because of raiders attack. The raiders are actually working on some bad guy who wants to take over the world and knows that home vault of MC has some important prewar encoded document which can help him. This bad guy is not completely bad. He just enslaved most of wasteland to rebuild civilization. He builds schools, hospitals and other stuff. MC runs away with that document but she is constantly being Pursued by bad guy's hounds. Then she meets some sniper with jetpack that saves her ass. Then sniper guy is being killed and MC is being enslaved to fight in some Gladiator fights. Document is being stolen and MC fights in arena. She enters the finals as she meets yandere-girl who won all the fights. Yandere-girl whispers her during the battle, that she has escape plan, but she need someone other's help. The final battle, unlike the rest, is fight to the death. If yandere girl is being killed, she goes crazy, more powerful and etc. She's basically berserker. So MC kills yandere-girl and she destroys whole arena. Cause she is in blood lust, whe wants to kill MC, but MC Kills her first, having chopped off her head. MC runs away and finds document decoded. It is document about some mysterious prewar project, and so our MC is going to investigate it and find out the whole dark history of prewar world. Later, she again meets that yandere-girl, who has regenerated. She joines the MC, cuz all that prewar projects stuff sounds dangerous. And so their adventures begins. Later they meet some robot-girl, cowboy-guy, scientist-guy, medical-guy and predictor-girl. All heroes are above 20, besides predictor girl who is 16.

Sounds like some shounen-shit, doesn't it?

Прошу прощения за мой английский/Sorry for my english
>>
>>160562860
>I have no way to know for sure if others would like it just because I do
That really doesn't matter. Nobody knows for sure what will appeal to people and what won't.
If you think it's interesting, and if you like this idea, you're certainly not the only one. Have confidence. It's ok, you will always find people who will like your stuff.
>>
>>160562444
I'd watch it
>>
>>160557903
So here's the question I always have when reading these threads. Where's the market for western light novels at? Or rather, it's not the light novels, but the web novels. Nips have a single website (forget what it's called) where you can upload amateur fiction, get it read and rated, and the decent stuff gets popular, and the really good stuff gets picked up, rewritten and published as light novels. It's too simple an idea, so a western version has to exist somewhere, right?

I would understand if no one here wanted to talk about it or use it, because it would be an open cesspool, just like the japanese version, but more embarrassing due to the native language. But I wonder if it really doesn't exist, and wannabe writers all upload their crap to sites like tumblr and deviantart, that aren't designed for fiction.

I know there's a shitton of crappy published young adult books that are basically indistinguishable from crappy japanese light novels, but I don't know where they come from.

I dunno, sometimes I think it might be pretty motivating to look at the top entries from a site like this and think "I could do better than that." Make a serious run at it. Instead of just posting ideas in "write an anime" threads.
>>
>>160549213
Can any truly great ideas really prevail in this medium? What are the odds of something really completely different happening and being successful? I am talking something like an anime adaptation of some literary work that follows it to the letter or anything like that. Gankutsuou doesn't count because it still has some other things that appeal to audiences, like those weird mecha knights.
>>
>>160549213
I have a few I occasionally throw around but there are three ideas I always tend to fall back on:
>A homage to Hong Kong martial art films, if any anon here has been in the "write a anime plot" threads they know it as Ze Hat
>A story where the MC's application to mecha school is rejected due to "health reasons" deeming him unfit to pilot the schools mechs, so they decide to build his own to fix that issue.
> A harem series where our Protagonist isn't the one with the harem, rather he's the obligatory "only guy friend" in one.
>>
>>160569673
You mean something not related to japanese culture? There were a few very western influenced anime with great ideas.
Panty and Stocking was great.
>>
File: sejlipZ.png (247KB, 1283x585px) Image search: [Google]
sejlipZ.png
247KB, 1283x585px
>>160549213
>>
I have a few but they're all just ideas at the moment.

I have one where it starts off typical mecha anime, have conflicts between different countries and such. and there's an experimental set mecha which are stronger than the others. stuff goes wrong, and its revealed that the mecha are actually powered by demons, and the pilot basically pledges their life to their mecha. other mecha in the shape of angels appear out of nowhere and try to eliminate the demon-mecha. the MC has to find a way to stop both the demons and teh angels from wiping out humanity

Another idea is a magical girl show where a girl who likes to help others meets another girl and, after meeting some supernatural trouble, makes a wish on a wish granting spirit to be able to fight monsters. the friend soon after does the same to help her friend after some rouge MGs attack her. the friend falls in love with the MC and has an arc where she falls into darkness and the MC saves her, but the MC realizes that her self esteem issues are something she can no longer ignore by forcing herself to be altruistic, so the friend has to help her resolve that along with enemies-to-friends helping. in the end MC resolves her issues and beats one of the wish granting spirits who is giving evil people power.
>>
>>160570573
Yeah, but I think most of those anime were never popular, right? I wonder if some rich western can convince a studio to do an anime to his tastes even if they are not something that makes sense for the nips. Although if you were at this point you could probably do your own cartoon, but you know, it has to be "anime". As stupid as it is, if I were ever in the position I would probably try to get something like this done.
>>
>>160549679
approved
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.