[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the deal with this getting almost all the screentime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: togusa.jpg (39KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
togusa.jpg
39KB, 640x352px
What's the deal with this getting almost all the screentime in SAC?Even the Major and Batou take a back seat.
They should've just called it Togusa in the Shell : Stand Alone Togusa
>>
>>160514903
>Hating on best boy
You go son? You wanna spar?
>>
File: saburo-togusa-durarara-x2-4.jpg (19KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
saburo-togusa-durarara-x2-4.jpg
19KB, 210x240px
>>160515224
Togusa is the bomb, but I noticed he's more of the main lead then anyone else. It detracts from the show since other characters have no screen-time or development (Boma amiright)

Now this a togusa i can get behind
>>
>>160515623
Well 2nd gig goes more into the other people's background stories. Sato's and Paz's episodes are some of the best in the season IMO.

Still though, no Borma or Ishikawa as far as I remember.
>>
>>160514903
His hair always bothered me and I don't know why.
>>
>>160515803
Ishikawa kind of had development, since he's has some good amounts of screen time, some cool scenes, and was in the Saito episode
>>
>>160514903
that's only kind of true in the first season

And I didn't really mind. Batou, Togusa and the Major have always been the main trio and Togusa, being a relatively normal family man in cyberpunk world, was one of the more compelling and relatable characters in the show. Like near the end where they disband Section 9, he gets a whole episode where he very nearly becomes a terrorist because they left him completely in the dark about reforming the ground. Perfect guy for it, the other characters are too cyborg and don't really have ordinary lives to go back to outside of work.
>>
>>160514903
Because he's the least augmented.
>>
>>160515803
In pretty much every GitS, even in the original manga, Mokoto Togusa and Batou are the main trio, Ishikawa and Saito are more side characters who still get some cool scenes, and Paz + Borma never do anything important in any iteration of the franchise.
>>
>>160515972
That ending made me sweat
also fuck Solid State Society for that scene with his daughter, i can only watch that movie once because that scene makes me so unconformable.
>>
>>160514903
People can't really relate to the Major, or Batou, so Togusa was brought into fill the role of everyman.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.